Disappointed Quotes to Boost your Morale
February 28, 2023 6:00 AM EST
This article offers you the best disappointed quotes.
Since these quotes are motivational and inspiring, you can share them with those who are feeling disappointed.
Also, we have discussed ways to deal with disappointment.
So, without any delay, let’s start!
What to do When you are Feeling Disappointed?
When it comes to dealing with disappointment, most of us think of it as a difficult task.
However, you can’t let disappointment destroy your self-confidence.
For this purpose, you need to deal with your disappointment as soon as possible.
Here are the ways to do it:
- Give yourself some time
- Try to adjust your expectations
- Keep yourself stress-free
- Don’t stay disappointed for longer
Give yourself some time
When feeling disappointed, give yourself some time to understand what went wrong.
If you understand the causes of disappointment, it would be easy to deal with it.
For instance, when you feel disappointed due to a loss, think about the reasons for such a loss.
On the other hand, if the reason for your disappointment is a failure, you need to stay calm and consider its causes.
There are specific and predictable outcomes.
Hence, knowing them could avoid disappointment.
Try to Adjust your Expectations
When something doesn’t go as you had expected, this might disappoint you.
However, you can avoid this happening to you by adjusting your expectations.
This is so, as there are certain things you cannot achieve due to your physical or mental capacity.
Hence, it would be appropriate to adjust your expectations from you.
By doing so, you can deal with disappointment in a constructive way.
Keep yourself Stress-free
Disappointment can be devastating for your mental and physical health if it combines with stress.
You should try to relieve your stress whenever feeling disappointed.
For this purpose, you can go out for dinner at your favorite restaurant.
In addition, you should also consider doing what you love to do, such as cooking, gardening, or traveling.
Don’t Stay Disappointed for Longer
When you feel disappointed, don’t leave yourself in this state for longer.
Leaving your condition unattended could aggravate the situation.
For this purpose, you can spend time outside the home with friends or family.
This will help to lower the detrimental impact of disappointment and improve your mood.
Besides, you also need to devise a strategy to bring positivity around you.
Try to avoid negative emotions.
Top 10 Disappointed Quotes
These short quotes are perfect for reading and sharing
1. “There’s a lot of disappointment when you lose a playoff game.” — Joe Flacco
2. “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin
3. “If you expect nothing from anybody, you’re never disappointed.” — Sylvia Plath
4. “If you align expectations with reality, you will never be disappointed.” — Terrell Owens
5. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” — Beverly Sills
6. “Man alone is born crying, lives complaining, and dies disappointed.” — Samuel Johnson
7. “Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.” — Jane Austen
8. “If humanity doesn’t land on Mars in my lifetime, I would be very disappointed.” — Elon Musk
9. “Blessed is he that expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” — Benjamin Franklin
10. “In nine times out of ten, the slanderous tongue belongs to a disappointed person.” — George Bancroft
Disappointed Quotes with Lesson
The following disappointing quotes provide some great lessons and tips to stay cool and calm and enjoy the benefits of life.
11. “Men marry because they are tired; women, because they are curious; both are disappointed.” — Oscar Wilde
12. “You’ll never be disappointed if you always keep an eye on uncharted territory, where you’ll be challenged and growing and having fun.” — Kirstie Alley
13. “You can’t please everyone. There’s always going to be someone disappointed, so you might as well make yourself happy and Be You.” — Lzzy Hale
14. “If you’re pitching to investors for the first time and expecting them to be so blown away by how thoroughly amazing your pitch is that they write a check on the spot – well, prepare to be disappointed.” — David Cohen
15. “God lets you be successful because he trusts you that you will do the right thing with it. Now, does he get disappointed often? All the time, because people get there and they forget how they got it.” — Steve Harvey
Wise disappointed quotes for everyone
16. “There’s as much crookedness as you want to find. There was something Abraham Lincoln said – he’d rather trust and be disappointed than distrust and be miserable all the time. Maybe I trusted too much.” — John Wooden
17. “Our fates are in the hands of An Almighty God, to whom I can with pleasure confide my own; he can save us, or destroy us; his Councils are fixed and cannot be disappointed, and all his designs will be Accomplished.” — Abraham Clark
18. “My dad encouraged us to fail. Growing up, he would ask us what we failed at that week. If we didn’t have something, he would be disappointed. It changed my mindset at an early age that failure is not the outcome; failure is not trying. Don’t be afraid to fail.” — Sara Blakely
19. “Just like it’s not healthy to think overly negative thoughts, exaggeratedly positive thoughts can be equally detrimental. If you overestimate how much of a positive impact a particular change will have on your life, you may end up feeling disappointed when reality doesn’t live up to your fantasy.” — Amy Morin
20. “He who seeks truth shall find beauty. He who seeks beauty shall find vanity. He who seeks order shall find gratification. He who seeks gratification shall be disappointed. He who considers himself the servant of his fellow beings shall find the joy of self-expression. He who seeks self-expression shall fall into the pit of arrogance.” — Moshe Safdie
Disappointed Quotes that Provide Perspective
These disappointing quotes are interesting to read and learn from.
21. “Every time I met any of my heroes I was disappointed – the exception was Joe Strummer, who was like an uncle to me.” — Manu Chao
22. “Life is short. Do whatever you can to help people – not for status, but because the 95-year-old you will be proud if you did help people and disappointed if you didn’t.” — Marshall Goldsmith
23. “I’m passionate about politics, but when it comes to political parties, I’m despondent. I’m disappointed at the absence of a sense of humanity and struggle to not become a cynic.” — F. Murray Abraham
24. “Well, you have to keep your faith in the fact that there are a lot of intelligent people who are actively looking for something interesting, people who have been disappointed so many times.” — Richard Linklater
25. “Surrender to life itself, and you’ll just be rewarded with so many things. And I’ve been rewarded so many times in so many mysterious ways. So I have no reason to be disappointed with anything.” — Jason Mraz
More disappointed quotes to keep you going
26. “This is someone who has a very stringent morality, and believes the system works, and has been deeply, deeply disappointed and hurt by it. You know, so she’s in a very different place in life.” — Julianne Moore
27. “I’m always disappointed when people don’t live up to their potential. I know that a number of people look down on themselves and, consequently, on everybody who looks like them. But that, too, can change.” — Maya Angelou
28. “If we get our self-esteem from superficial places, from our popularity, appearance, business success, financial situation, health, any of these, we will be disappointed because no one can guarantee that we’ll have them tomorrow.” — Kathy Ireland
29. “There were a lot of things that my parents could not do or afford. And when they put all that dreams into me and when I could not fulfill them, I felt very disappointed. And that was the only reason I wanted to dance with an artificial leg.” — Sudha Chandran
30. “Children that have been petted and waited upon always expect it; and if their expectations are not met, they are disappointed and discouraged. This same disposition will be seen through their whole lives, and they will be helpless, leaning upon others for aid, expecting others to favor them and yield to them.” — Ellen G. White
Disappointed Quotes based on Opinions
Below are the disappointed quotes based on personal opinions.
31. “I’m surprised and disappointed in American culture.” — Tabitha Soren
32. “I was hugely disappointed that ‘Whites’ was canceled.” — Alan Davies
33. “I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself.” — Eliot Spitzer
34. “I’m really disappointed at every event if I don’t do less than what I wanted to do.” — Shaun White
35. “Don’t remember me as too nice or beautiful or funny, because then you’ll be disappointed.” — Celia Johnson
36. “Now my way of doing it is I always get disappointed, but there’s always a level of high quality.” — Andrea Martin
37. “I don’t think success arrives, and you’re suddenly happy. It’s not like that. If people think that they’ll be very disappointed.” — Michael Hutchence
38. “I think that if you idealize someone for so long, they can only disappoint, and I wouldn’t want to be disappointed by those people.” — Jane Horrocks
39. “What had disappointed me at the time of the last tour was to go on a worldwide tour, we were at some incredible places, and we couldn’t enjoy it, hadn’t the time.” — Ed O’Brien
40. “I think all women have a friend who at some point dumped them or betrayed them or deeply disappointed them. And at the same time, all women have a friend who they dumped or betrayed or hurt in some way. That’s universal in women’s friendships.” — Lisa See
Some More Disappointed Quotes
Here are some additional disappointing quotes with multiple themes.
41. “I’m disappointed that success hasn’t been a Himalayan feeling.” — Gene Hackman
42. “If you don’t score, and you have chances, you are disappointed.” — Wayne Rooney
43. “Some of the songs I’ve made, I’m really disappointed in how I mixed them.” — Moby
44. “I really am disappointed when I run into people who are angry I’m leaving office.” — Matt Gonzalez
45. “Friends are readily disappointed by the size of my closet. And I thought it was big!” — Sarah Jessica Parker
46. “I hate it when there’s a good movie, someone overhypes it, and I’m disappointed that I don’t like it more.” — Jeff Bridges
47. “I don’t see my movies. I think it’s healthier and safer to keep a bit of distance. I’m afraid to be disappointed.” — Bernardo Bertolucci
48. “I don’t consider myself a martial arts star. I’d be offended and disappointed if I got a reputation as a martial arts star.” — Steven Seagal
49. “I think somehow men understand other men’s need for respect differently than they understand it for a woman. I’m disappointed to have to say that, but I think it’s undeniably true.” — Carly Fiorina
50. “You have to be practical. So every time I say, if you want to write a novel, you have to be practical, people get bored. They are disappointed. They are expecting a more dynamic, creative, artistic thing to say. What I want to say is: you have to be practical.” — Haruki Murakami
Which One of these Disappointed Quotes is your Favorite?
Once you have reviewed our list of disappointed quotes, it’s easy to find your favorite quote.
Besides, these quotes have a special message to convey.
This is why most people share these quotes with their friends and family to help them deal with their disappointments.
On the other hand, if you have found a disappointing quote that inspires you the most, don’t hesitate to share it with us.
You can do this by sharing it in the comments below.