These Psalms quotes exemplify the timeless beauty and spirituality of the book of Psalms.
The book of Psalms is a collection of songs and prayers in the Old Testament.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
King David is credited with writing most of the Psalms, although it’s believed that several authors contributed.
It’s thought that the book of Psalms was written between the 9th and 5th centuries BC.
The book of Psalms is divided into five sections, each containing 16 to 43 Psalms.
Many of the Psalms are written in lyrical form and describe God’s power and love.
Take a few minutes to read these Psalms Quotes to learn more about this popular book of the Bible.
Popular Pslams Quotes and Verses
Here are some of the popular Psalms from the Bible.
1. “For the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.” — Psalm 23:1
2. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” — Psalm 46:1
3. “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.” — Psalm 42:1
4. “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” — Psalm 31: 24
5. “Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.” — Psalm 37: 8
6. “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.” — Psalm 34: 8
7. “Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!” — Psalm 32: 11
8. “I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” — Psalm 27: 13
9. “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” — Psalm 19:1
10. “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters.” — Psalm 24:1-2
Psalms Quotes to Encourage You
These Bible verses can encourage you if you need a pick-me-up.
11. “When I am afraid, I will trust in you.” — Psalm 56:3
12. “Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.” — Psalm 116: 7
13. “Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.” — Psalm 32:1
14. “For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.” — Psalm 117: 2
15. “Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.” — Psalm 119: 165
16. “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” — Psalm 73: 26
17. “Praise the Lord. Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands.” — Psalm 112: 1
18. “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?” — Psalm 27:1
19. “You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” — Psalm 16:11
20. “Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.” — Psalm 42:5
Find Comfort with these Psalms Quotes
Find comfort and strength in these Bible verses.
21. “Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge.” — Psalm 16:1
22. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” — Psalm 46:1
23. “The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.” — Psalm 103:6
24. “The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.” — Psalm 116:5
25. “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” — Psalm 34: 18
26. “In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?” — Psalm 56:2
27. “The poor will eat and be satisfied; they who seek the Lord will praise Him—may your hearts live forever!” — Psalm 22:26
28. “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” — Pslam 23:4
29. “For you, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living.” — Psalm 116:8-9
30. “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.” — Psalm 128: 7-8
Psalms Quotes About God
These Psalms quotes show who God is and the difference He can make in your life.
31. “For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.” — Psalm 61:3
32. “I know that the Lord is great, that our Lord is greater than all gods.” — Psalm 135: 5
33. “For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.” —Psalm 33:4
34. “Praise the Lord, all his works everywhere in his dominion. Praise the Lord, O my soul.” — Psalm 103: 22
35. “For God is the King of all the earth, sing to him a psalm of praise.” — Psalm 47:7
36. “He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.” — Psalm 62:2
37. “He divided the sea and led them through; he made the water stand firm like a wall.” — Psalm 78: 13
38. “Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” — Psalm 46:10
39. “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” — Psalm 18:2
40. “Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.” —Psalm 40:5
Psalms Quotes to Change Your Life
Following these Psalms can help you see Christian life in a new way.
41. “My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.” — Psalm 62:1
42. “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” — Psalm 27: 14
43. “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” — Psam 118:1
44. “Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” — Psalm 90:12
45. “I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.” — Psalm 7:1
46. “For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth.” — Psalm 71:5
47. “I will set my before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate, they will not cling to me.” — Psalm 101: 3
48. “The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.” — Psalm 19: 7
49. “Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” — Psalm 51:11-12
50. “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” — Psalm 139: 23-24
What Are the Most Famous Psalms?
There are many famous Psalms, including Psalm 23, which says in part, “I will fear no evil.”
Other popular Psalms are Psalm 121, Psalm 138, and Psalm 62, but there is wisdom in each of the Psalms.
Please share these Psalms Quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the book of Psalms in the comment section below.