300+ Famous Movie Quotes From Your Favorite Characters
March 14, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Whether it’s drama, action, or comedy, any lover of cinema can appreciate this collection of famous movie quotes.
Tell us which of the famous movies listed is your favorite in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Research from the University of Southern California has found that individuals often use famous movie quotes to express their personality and identity.
This highlights their cultural relevance beyond the realm of entertainment.
What are the benefits of reading famous movie quotes?
Reading these famous movie quotes might just inspire you to watch the movies you haven’t seen.
There are some surprising benefits to watching movies!
Movies can be beneficial to personal development in several ways:
- Foreign language movies can be a great way to practice your skills if you are learning a new language
- Movies can also expose us to other cultures
- Some movies might provide you with the motivation to pursue your goals
Let these famous movie quotes inspire and motivate you!
Some of them will also make perfect captions or Facebook statuses.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Famous movie quotes from your favorite characters
According to research from the University of Oxford, exposure to different cultural perspectives, such as those conveyed through famous movie quotes, can significantly enhance individuals’ empathy and understanding of others.
This suggests that they can be a means of building social connections and enhancing interpersonal relationships.
1. “Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.” – Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by famous people.
2. “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.” – Fight Club, Tyler Durden
You will also enjoy our article on dumb dumber quotes.
3. It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices. – Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
You will also enjoy our article on casablanca quotes.
4. “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? – Movie “What a girl wants”
You will also enjoy our article on remember the titans quotes.
5. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki, from The Lion King
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Lion King quotes from the iconic Disney movie.
You will also enjoy our article on top gun quotes.
6. ” If we didn’t do what we loved, we wouldn’t exist.” – Adonis, Creed II
You will also enjoy our article on christmas movie quotes.
7. “At some point you’ve got to decide for yourself who you gonna be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.” – Juan, Moonlight
You will also enjoy our article on grumpy old men quotes.
8. “You’re nothing to me until you’re everything.” – “American Hustle
You will also enjoy our article on orson welles quotes.
9. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. – From Moulin Rouge”
You will also enjoy our article on joe dirt quotes.
10. “Do, or do not. There is no “‘try'”. – Yoda
You will also enjoy our article on Spiderman quotes.
Watching films can be a thrilling experience that makes you cry, smile, relax, and even help you become aware of your fears.
Besides the entertainment value they bring, movies also help create awareness about various issues in society such as religious animosities and political intolerance.
Moreover, movies can be a great educational resource for students. They’re great for visual learners and they allow students to see life through different perspectives.
After searching the web here are some of the famous movie quotes we could find! We hope you’re inspired, motivated and entertained!
Also, check out these Matrix quotes that will really bake your noodle.
Famous movie quotes that will make your day
Research conducted by the University of Pennsylvania found that famous movie quotes can serve as a valuable tool for promoting creativity and inspiration.
This suggests that they can provide individuals with a source of imaginative thinking and innovation.
11. “I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw. I’m scared of what I did, of who I am…. and most of all, I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” – “Baby” in Dirty Dancing”
You will also enjoy our article on ghostbusters quotes.
12. “Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there. – Good Will Hunting (see more Good Will Hunting quotes)
You will also enjoy our article on rain man quotes.
13. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. – Ferris, from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ferris Bueller quotes from the hit comedy.
You will also enjoy our article on conan the barbarian quotes.
14. “Remember those posters that said, “Today is the first day of the rest of your life”? Well, that’s true of every day but one…the day you die.” – American Beauty
You will also enjoy our article on graduation quotes 2.
15. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever. – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
You will also enjoy our article on fire quotes.
16. “Every man dies, not every man really lives.” – Braveheart
You will also enjoy our article on Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind quotes.
17. “The truth is a matter of circumstances, it’s not all things to all people all the time.” – Captain America: The Winter Soldier
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Captain America quotes from popular Marvel movies.
You will also enjoy our article on Shrek quotes.
18. “I believe whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you…stranger.” – The Dark Knight, The Joker
You will also enjoy our article on American Psycho quotes.
19. “When you decide to be something, you can be it.” – Frank Costello, The Departed
You will also enjoy our article on Toy Story quotes.
20. “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. But if you give him a mask, he will tell you the truth.” – The Fifth Estate, Julian Assange
Have you seen these Die Hard quotes from the 80s action classic?
Famous movie quotes and lines
According to a study by Dr. Andrew Zurcher at the University of Cambridge, famous movie quotes are recognized and understood by 78% of the population.
This high level of recognition demonstrates the significant cultural impact of famous movie lines and their ability to resonate with a wide audience.
21. “Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.” – Don Collier, Fury
You will also enjoy our article on The Hangover quotes.
22. “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it, always.” – Gandhi, Gandhi (1982)
You will also enjoy our article on Gladiator quotes.
23. “All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in rain.” – Rutger Hauer, Blade Runner
You will also enjoy our article on star wars quotes.
24. “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” Anthony Perkins, Psycho
You will also enjoy our article on Jessica Rabbit quotes.
25. “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.” – Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Dead Poets Society quotes to make you think differently.
You will also enjoy our article on airplane quotes.
26. “Get busy living, or get busy dying.” – Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Shawshank Redemption quotes to give you hope in the darkest times.
You will also enjoy our article on Austin Powers quotes.
27. “Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous. A spark is fine, as long as it’s contained.” – President Snow, The Hunger Games
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of The Hunger Games quotes that will have you flashback to reading the books or watching the movies.
You will also enjoy our article on Dodgeball quotes.
28. “If you figure a way to live without serving a master, any master, then let the rest of us know, will you? For you’d be the first person in the history of the world.” – Philip Seymour Hoffman, The Master
You will also enjoy our article on darth vader quotes.
29. “Nobody’s perfect.” – Some Like It Hot
You will also enjoy our article on Step Brothers quotes.
30. “Now you’re looking for the secret, but you won’t find it, because of course you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to know. You want to be fooled.” – The Prestige
You will also enjoy our article on Pirates of the Caribbean quotes.
31. “To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people!” – A Fish Called Wanda
From the Marvel classics, make sure to read these Thanos quotes from the iconic character.
You will also enjoy our article on Men in Black quotes.
Famous movie quotes to brighten your day
Research conducted by Dr. Pamela Rutledge at the Media Psychology Research Center indicates that people are 65% more likely to remember a quote from a movie if it evokes an emotional response.
This underscores the importance of emotional resonance in creating memorable movie quotes that stand the test of time.
32. “We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery.” – Charlie Chaplin, The Great Dictator
You will also enjoy our article on theatre quotes.
33. “There’s no place like home.” The Wizard of Oz
You will also enjoy our article on acting quotes.
34. “They may take our lives, but they will never take… our FREEDOM!” – Braveheart
You will also enjoy our article on introduction quotes.
35. Do, or do not. There is no “try”. – Yoda, Star Wars
You will also enjoy our article on Monty Python and the Holy Grail quotes.
36. Love cannot be found where it doesn’t exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does. – David Schwimmer, Kissing a Fool
You will also enjoy our article on Coming to America quotes.
37. Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. – Heath Ledger, 10 Things I Hate About You
You will also enjoy our article on Pulp Fiction quotes.
38. I don’t regret the things I’ve done, but those I did not do. – Empire Records
You will also enjoy our article on Blind Side quotes.
39. My momma always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.” – Forrest Gump
You will also enjoy our article on Rocky quotes.
40. Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period. – Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Grinch quotes for the holidays and naysayers.
You will also enjoy our article on Samurai quotes.
Famous movie quotes to inspire you
A study led by Dr. Sun Joo Ahn at the University of Georgia found that 85% of participants experienced an increase in motivation after hearing an inspiring movie quote.
This suggests that famous movie quotes have the power to positively influence people’s attitudes and behaviors, making them more than just memorable lines.
41. To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.” – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
You will also enjoy our article on Moulin Rouge quotes.
42. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Gandalf, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Lord of The Rings quotes from the iconic trilogy.
43. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Mario Puzo, The Godfather
You will also enjoy our article on Jack Sparrow quotes.
44. “Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.” – Dory, Finding Nemo
You will also enjoy our article on Lost Boys quotes.
45. “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” – Maximus, Gladiator
You will also enjoy our article on smart quotes.
46. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” – William Wallace, Braveheart
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Braveheart quotes to help find your freedom.
You will also enjoy our article on Fifty Shades of Grey quotes.
47. “I know what I have to do now. I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?” – Cast Away
You will also enjoy our article on Catch Me If You Can quotes.
48. “”Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” – Rocky, Rocky Balboa
You will also enjoy our article on character quotes.
49. “You drilled a hole in the dentist?!” – Denise, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
You will also enjoy our article on Moana quotes.
50. “If you were not so stubborn you would make a great queen.”
“I would make a great queen because I am stubborn…if that is what I wanted.”—from an exchange between T’Challa and Nakia, Black Panther
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of memorable Black Panther quotes for the culture.
You will also enjoy our article on Dirty Harry quotes.
Famous movie quotes to elevate your perspective
51. “Being human is a condition which requires an anesthetic.” – Freddie Mercury, Bohemian Rhapsody
You will also enjoy our article on The Silence of the Lambs quotes.
52. “Dying for the right cause. It’s the most human thing we can do.” — Freysa, Blade Runner 2049
You will also enjoy our article on 10 things i hate about you quotes.
53. “Fire. It is a reflection of our own mortality.” – Dean Armitage, Get Out
54. “When will the lesson be learned! You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth!” – Winston Churchill, Darkest Hour
55. “We Shall Never Surrender.” – Soldier, Dunkirk
56. “All the courage in the world cannot alter fact.” — Niander Wallace, Blade Runner 2049
57. “How many times do I have to teach you: just because something works doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.”—Shuri, Black Panther
58. “So if I’m not black enough and if I’m not white enough, then tell me, Tony, what am I!?” – Don Shirley, Green Book
59. “Favor is a breeze that shifts direction all the time.” – Harley, The Favourite
60. “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” – Neil Armstrong, First Man
You will also enjoy our article on Zoolander quotes.
Quotes from famous actors and actresses
61. “Show me the money!” – Jerry Maguire (see more Jerry Maguire quotes)
62. “The only failure is not to try” – George Clooney
63. “Don’t be afraid to fail. It’s not the end of the world and in many ways it’s the first step toward learning something better and getting better at it” –Jon Hamm
64. “After many years of self-flagellation, I’ve realized that beating myself up doesn’t get me anywhere” – Chris Pine
65. “Your regrets aren’t what you did, but what you didn’t do. So I take every opportunity” – Cameron Diaz
66. “I’ve come across many actors like me who didn’t have a backup. That drive & will made it work” – Clive Owen
67. “I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it” – Denzel Washington
68. “The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit” – Morgan Freeman
69. “I’m a big believer in ‘never say never’ ” – Jim Parsons
70. “Be so good they can’t ignore you” ~ Steve Martin
You will also enjoy our article on Batman quotes.
Famous movie quotes to motivate and inspire you
71. “We’re going to be okay. You can rest now.” – Pepper Potts, Avengers: Endgame
72. “Look, talent comes everywhere, but having something to say and a way to say it to have people listen to it, that’s a whole other bag. And unless you get out and you try to do it, you’ll never know. That’s just the truth.” —Jackson Maine, A Star Is Born
73. “Hope is not a strategy.” – Walker, Mission: Impossible – Fallout
74. “When you get a different vantage point it changes your perspective… It allows you to see things you should have seen a long time ago.” – Neil Armstrong, First Man
75. “Who are we if we can’t protect them? We have to protect them.” – Evelyn Abbott, A Quiet Place
76. “It’s not destroying. It’s making something new.” – Lena, Annihilation
77. “I keep telling everybody they should move on and grow. Some do. But not us.” – Steve Rogers, Avengers: Endgame
78. “You want to get out of the hole? First you’re going to have to put down the shovel.” – Agent Rick Dicker, Incredibles 2
79. “Put two ships in the open sea without wind or ride and they will come together.” – Arthur, Aquaman
80. “Good words. Good thoughts. Good deeds.” – Bomi Bulsara, Bohemian Rhapsody
You will also enjoy our article on Tropic Thunder quotes.
Famous movie quotes to motivate you to live your best life
81. “We need people to care about the one life as much as you care about the millions. That way I don’t have to.” – Sloan, Mission: Impossible – Fallout
82. “All you gotta do is trust me.” —Jackson Maine, A Star Is Born
83. “Love is blind, Wade.” – Blind Al, Deadpool
84. “When I drift off, I will dream about you. It’s always you.” – Tony Stark, Avengers: Endgame (also read these Iron Man quotes)
85. “Fortune favors the bold.” – Jim “Miami” Beach, Bohemian Rhapsody
86. “I hope it’s okay if I love you forever, Jack.” —Ally Maine, A Star Is Born
87. “We need to fail. We need to fail down here so we don’t fail up there.”- Neil Armstrong, First Man
88. “Listen to me, it’s important that you learn these things. He just wants you to be able to take care of yourself, to take care of me, when I’m old, and grey, and I have no teeth. Don’t worry.” – Evelyn Abbott, A Quiet Place
89. “It’s nice to be wanted.” – Elastigirl, Incredibles 2
90. “Your mother always knew you were special. She believed… You would be the one to unite our two worlds.” – Tom Curry, Aquaman
You will also enjoy our article on Stranger Things quotes.
Famous movie quotes about life
91. “I love your style. I think we should take more risks.” – Mary Austin, Bohemian Rhapsody
92. “Terrorists are schoolboys hoping to spread propaganda through fear.” Lane, Mission: Impossible – Fallout
93. “Even if there’s a small chance. We owe this, to everyone who’s not in this room, to try.” – Natasha, Avengers: Endgame
94. “I didn’t think of you paying the price for a choice you never made.” – Mr. Incredible, Incredibles 2
95. “Looks aren’t everything.” – Blind Al, Deadpool
96. “We go to the moon not because it’s easy but because it’s hard.” – President John F. Kennedy, First Man
97. “How do you balance the hard stuff with the life stuff?” – Violet, Incredibles 2
98. “If I told you what happens, it won’t happen.” – Stephen Strange, Avengers: Endgame
99. “I came because I have no choice. I came to save my home and the people I love.” – Tom Curry, Aquaman
100. “Everything is possible, even the impossible.” – Mary Poppins, Mary Poppins Returns (see all inspirational Mary Poppins quotes)
Famous movie quotes that are unforgettable
101. “May the Force be with you.” – Star Wars, 1977
102. It’s not the years, honey. It’s the mileage.—Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark
103. “I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.” – The Godfather, 1972
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Godfather quotes from the iconic movie.
104. “It’s not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.”—Christian Bale as Batman in Batman Begins
105. “You can’t handle the truth!” – A Few Good Men, 1992
106. “So this is how liberty dies…with thunderous applause.” —Padmé Amidala in Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith, 2005
107. ”Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.” – It’s a Wonderful Life, 1946
108. “The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.”—Kevin Spacey as Roger “Verbal” Kint in The Usual Suspects
109. “The Dude abides.” – The Big Lebowski, 1998
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Big Lebowski quotes from the hit comedy.
110. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – The Notebook
Famous movie quotes for all occasions
111. “We are who we choose to be.” – Green Goblin, Spiderman
112. “Only one thing counts in this life: Get them to sign on the line that is dotted.”—Alec Baldwin as Blake in Glengarry Glen Ross
113. “This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” – Casablanca, 1942
114. “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”—Al Pacino as Michael Corleone in The Godfather: Part II
115. “To infinity and beyond!” – Toy Story, 1995
116. “Our lives are defined by opportunities even the ones we miss.”—Brad Pitt as Benjamin Button in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (see these Benjamin Button quotes)
117. “I am big! It’s the pictures that got small.” – Sunset Boulevard, 1950
118. “You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours.” – White Queen, Alice in Wonderland
119. “Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!” – Wizard of Oz
120. “I’m not bad. I’m just drawn that way.”—Kathleen Turner as Jessica Rabbit in Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Famous movie quotes that can impact your life
121. “Don’t just fly, soar.” – Dumbo (Dumbo)
122. “A wise man can learn more from his enemies than a fool from his friends.” –Niki Lauda, Rush
123. “You control your destiny — you don’t need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solving your problems.” – Merida (Brave)
124. “Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.” – Alan Turing, The Imitation Game
125. “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” – Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins)
126. “Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?” – Clarence The Angel, It’s a Wonderful Life
127. “Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it.” – Elastigirl (The Incredibles)
128. “The way it works is, you do the thing you’re scared shitless of, and you get the courage AFTER you do it, not before you do it.” – Archie Gates, Three Kings
129. “Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it.” – Merida (Brave)
130. “To find something, anything, a great truth or a lost pair of glasses, you must first believe there will be some advantage in finding it.” – Jack Burden, All the King’s Men
Famous movie quotes that will inspire you
131. “They may take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom!” – Braveheart
132. “So be prepared, be enthusiastic, and leave your bullshit attitude and baggage at the door because we don’t need it!” – Wet Hot American Summer
133. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
– When Harry Met Sally
134. “You ain’t heard nothin’ yet!” – The Jazz Singer
135. “You complete me.” – Jerry Maguire
136. “I don’t want to survive. I want to live.” – 12 Years a Slave
137. “You make me want to be a better man.” – As Good as It Gets
138. “It’s alive! It’s alive!” – Frankenstein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Frankenstein quotes about the trueness of humanity.
139. “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.” – The Godfather: Part III
140. “I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.” – A Streetcar Named Desire
Clever and famous movie quotes
141. “By all means, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me.” — Miranda Priestly, The Devil Wears Prada
142. “Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.” — Mary Poppins
143. “From where I stand, the sun is shining all over the place.” — Singin’ in the Rain
144. “No amount of money ever bought a second of time.” – Tony Stark
145. “I’m the king of the world.” — Titanic
146. “The hardest choices require the strongest wills.” – Thanos
147. “Some people can never believe in themselves until someone believes in them.” — Good Will Hunting
148. “Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Alfred Pennyworth
149. “After all, tomorrow is another day.” — Gone with the Wind
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Gone With the Wind quotes sure to have you swooning.
150. “You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.” – Mr. White, Reservoir Dogs
Famous movie quotes to elevate your mind
151. “Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.” – Back to the Future, 1985
152. “Nobody makes me bleed my own blood. Nobody!” – Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004)
153. “Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy night.” – All About Eve, 1950
154. “This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!” – Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
155. “As my plastic surgeon always said, if you gotta go, go with a smile.” —Jack Nicholson as The Joker in Batman
156. “I’m the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy.” – The Departed (2006)
157. “By protecting others, you save yourselves.” —Takashi Shimura as Kambei Shimada in Seven Samurai
158. “Look at me. I’m the captain now.” – Captain Phillips (2013)
159. “The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake.” —Samuel E. Wright as Sebastian in The Little Mermaid
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Little Mermaid quotes that will make you sing under the sea.
160. “With great power comes great responsibility.” – Spider-Man (2002)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Spider-Man quotes to help you live like a superhero.
Clever and famous movie quotes from
161. “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” – Jaws, 1975
162. “Calling it your job don’t make it right, boss.” —Paul Newman as Luke in Cool Hand Luke
163. “If you build it, he will come.” – Field of Dreams, 1989
164. “Try not. Do—or do not. There is no try.” —Frank Oz as Yoda in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
165. “The stuff that dreams are made of.” – The Maltese Falcon, 1941
166. “You had me at ‘Hello.’” —Renee Zellweger as Dorothy Boyd in Jerry Maguire
167. “Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.” –The Pride of the Yankees, 1942
168. “Go ahead, make my day.” – Sudden Impact, 1983
169. “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” – Dirty Dancing, 1987
170. “One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don’t know.” – Animal Crackers, 1930
Memorable movie quotes
171. “Ogres are like onions.” – Shrek (2001)
172. “In one of our designs even these mosquito bites will look like juicy, juicy mangoes!” – Bend It Like Beckham (2002)
173. “You’re my boy, Blue!” – Old School (2003)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blue quotes about the power of colors.
174. “We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.” – Best in Show (2000)
175. “I just wanted to take another look at you.” – A Star Is Born (2018)
176. “Hell is a teenage girl.” – Jennifer’s Body (2009)
177. “Ye best start believin’ in ghost stories, Miss Turner. Yer in one.” –
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
178. “For a guy with a four-digit IQ, I must have missed something.” –
179. “Put some Windex on it.” – My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)
180. “It’s what it is.” – The Irishman (2019)
Famous movie quotes of all time
181. “I don’t have friends. I got family.” – Furious 7 (2015)
182. “Didn’t I tell you not to come to my house? Nobody touches my child!” –
183. “You have bewitched me, body and soul.” – Pride and Prejudice (2005)
184. “I live my life a quarter mile at a time.” – The Fast and the Furious (2001)
185. “You gotta hear this one song. It’ll change your life, I swear.” – Garden State (2004)
186. “This is how I win.” – Uncut Gems (2019)
187. “I don’t want to survive. I want to live.” — Solomon Northup in 12 Years a Slave
188. “My tastes are very singular.” – Fifty Shades of Grey (2015)
189. “I want to play a game.” – Saw (2004)
190. “You is kind. You is smart. You is important.” —Aibileen Clark in The Help
Famous movie quotes that will lift your mood
191. “I wish I had done everything on earth with you” ~ The Great Gatsby
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Great Gatsby quotes on love and loss.
192. “Some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright.”—Arnold Bennett, The Shawshank Redemption
193. “What I really want to do with my life — what I want to do for a living — is I want to be with your daughter. I’m good at it.” ~ Say Anything
194. “You don’t know about real loss, because that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself.”—Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
195. “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.” ~ Hitch
196. “It’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.”—Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
197. “In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you.” ~ Juno
198. “You are what you love, not what loves you.”—Donald Kaufman, Adaptation
199. “It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.” ~ The Fault In Our Stars
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of The Fault in Our Stars quotes from the hit movie.
200. “Don’t dream it, be it.”—Dr. Frank-N-Furter, The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Famous movie quotes to lift your spirits
201. “I’ve come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours.” – Sense & Sensibility
202. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light.”—Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Dumbledore quotes on love, life, integrity and socks.
203. “Everything I have ever done, I’ve done for you.” – Great Expectations
204. “A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have.”—Roger Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
205. “You’re the first boy I ever kissed, Jake, and I want you to be the last.” – Sweet Home Alabama
206. “The past is just a story we tell ourselves.”—Samantha, Her
207. “They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true.” – Big Fish
208. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.”—Eames, Inception
209. “Here’s looking at you kid.” – Casablanca
210. “Some infinities are simply bigger than other infinities.”—Hazel Grace Lancaster, The Fault In Our Stars
Famous movie quotes for every geek
211. “If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
212. “Oh, Jerry, don’t let’s ask for the moon. We have the stars.” – Now, Voyager
213. “Tell ’em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper.” – Knute Rockne All American
214. “Well, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into!” – Sons of the Desert
215. “Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make.” – Dracula
216. “As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again.” – Gone With the Wind
217. “A martini. Shaken, not stirred.” – Goldfinger
218. “Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!” – Dr. Strangelove
219. “Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!” – Auntie Mame
220. “Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.” – Casablanca
Other famous movie quotes and lines
221. “I’ll have what she’s having.” – Deli Patron, When Harry Met Sally
222. “It’s all in the reflexes.” – Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China
223. “We’re going to need a bigger boat.” – Chief Brody, Jaws
224. “Time just gets away from us.” —Mattie Ross in True Grit, 2010
225. “But did you die?” —Mr. Chow in The Hangover Part II, 2011
226. “I love the smell of napalm in the morning.” – Kilgore, Apocalypse Now
227. ”I fart in your general direction.” – Frenchman, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
228. “At least you’ll never be a vegetable – even artichokes have hearts” – Amélie Poulain, Amélie
229. “Why so serious?” – The Joker, The Dark Knight
230. “I remember my first beer.” – Brennan Huff, Step Brothers
Famous movie quotes that will make you laugh
231. “Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?” — Tony Stark, The Avengers
232. “What is this? A school for ants?” — Derek Zoolander, Zoolander
233. “If you wear a dress, and have an animal sidekick, you’re a princess.” — Maui, Moana
234. “Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.” — Drax, Guardians of the Galaxy
235. “Can I use the facilities? Because being pregnant makes me pee like Seabiscuit!” — Juno MacGuff
236. “Get that finger out of your ear! You don’t know where that finger’s been!” — Rex Kramer, Airplane!
237. “Ain’t nobody coming to see you, Otis!” — David Ruffin, The Temptations
238. “Fourth wall break inside of a fourth wall break? That’s like… 16 walls!” — Deadpool, Deadpool
239. “I share a drawer with a phone book and she’s got two closets?” — Alex Fielding, Twitches
240. “Donkey, You Have The Right To Remain Silent. What You Lack Is The Capacity.” — Sherk, Sherk 2
Famous movie quotes about love
241. “I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met.”—The Wedding Date
242. “You are the perfect verse over a tight beat brown sugar.”—Brown Sugar
243. “You want the moon? Just say the word, and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.”—It’s A Wonderful Life
244. “I can’t see anything I don’t like about you.”—Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
245. “I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person.”—50 First Dates
246. “Some people are worth melting for.”—Frozen
247. “But our love… It’s like the wind. I can’t see it, but I can feel it.”—A Walk To Remember
248. “What I’m trying to say is, I’ve loved you since I was 11, and that shit won’t go away.”—Love And Basketball
249. “I wish I knew how to quit you.”—Brokeback Mountain
250. “Some love stories aren’t epic novels. Some are short stories, but that doesn’t make them any less filled with love.”—Sex And The City
Famous movie quotes from popular movies
251. “Maybe Christmas (he thought) doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.” – The Grinch
252. “Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold.” – Don Vito Corleone, The Godfather
253. “No, I am your father.” – Darth Vader, Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
254. “There’s no one I’d rather be, than me!” – Ralph, Wreck-It Ralph
255. “There’s too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me, by myself.” – Quint, Jaws
256. “If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.” – Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction
257. “Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the war room!” – President Merkin Muffley, Dr. Strangelove
258. “I am Groot.” – Groot, Guardians of the Galaxy
259. “Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!” – Peter Parker, Spider-man Homecoming
260. “Love is bigger than any tidal wave or fear.” – Bethany Hamilton, Soul Surfer
Famous movie quotes from Disney films
261. “Always let your conscience be your guide” – Pinocchio
262. “Darling, forever is a long, long time. And time has a way of changin’ things.” – The Fox and the Hound
263. “You want something done, you’ve got to do it yourself.” – The Little Mermaid
264. “You don’t lose hope, love. If you do, you lose everything.” – Beauty and the Beast
265. “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength but by the strength of his heart.” – Hercules
266. “Even miracles take a little time.” – Cinderella
267. “It’s important to always look where you’re headed rather than where you were.” – The Lion King
268. “I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.” – The Incredibles
269. “Sometimes our strengths lie beneath the surface.” – Moana
270. “Success doesn’t come for free. You have to do whatever it takes to seize your moment.” –Coco
Famous movie quotes from period drama classics
271. “I’m very fond of walking.” – Elizabeth Bennet, Pride & Prejudice
272. “I may have lost my heart, but not my self-control.” – Emma, Emma
273. “All I want – all I have ever wanted – is the quiet of a private life, but, eh, my mother is determined to see me distinguished.” – Edward Ferrars, Sense and Sensibility
274. “Now I must give you one smirk, then we can be rational again.” – Henry Tilney, Northanger Abbey
275. “Am I a machine without feelings?” – Jane Eyre, Jane Eyre
276. “My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I’m well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff is the eternal rock beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary.” – Catherine Earnshaw, Wuthering Heights
277. “Give him a book and he will read all day long.” – Charles Musgrove, Persuasion
278. “But I have nothing to give you. My hands are empty.” – Friedrich, LIttle Women
279. “You think if you shake me hard enough something profound will come out, but I assure you, I am profoundly shallow.” – Mary Crawford, Mansfield Park
280. “A mother’s love holds fast and forever. A girl’s love is like a puff of smoke – it changes with every wind.” – Hannah Thornton, North & South
Funny Famous Quotes that will make you laugh
281. “You sit on a throne of lies.” – Elf, 2003
282. “It’s just a flesh wound.” – Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975
283. “Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” – The Princess Bride, 1983
284. “Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.” – Airplane, 1980
285. “You’re killing me, Smalls.” – The Sandlot, 1993
286. “Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.” – The Godfather, 1972
287. “Tina, you fat lard! Come get some dinner! Tina, eat. Food. Eat the food!” – Napoleon Dynamite, 2004
288. “That is my least vulnerable spot.” – Casablanca, 1942
289. “Really, really ridiculously good-looking.” – Zoolander, 2001
290. “It’s like I have ESPN or something.” – Mean Girls, 2004
Famous movie quotes that’ll you love
291. “Magic Mirror on the Wall, who is the fairest one of all?” – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, 1937
292. “Houston, we have a problem.” – Apollo 13, 1995
293. “Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” – The Wizard of Oz, 1939
294. “I’m already pregnant. So, what other shenanigans could I get myself into?” – Juno, 2007
295. “Scotty, beam me up!” – Star Trek
296. “Which would be worse, to live a monster or die as a good man?” – Shutter Island, 2010
297. “Mrs. Robinson, you’re trying to seduce me. Aren’t you?” – The Graduate, 1967
298. “I know who I am. I’m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!” – Tropic Thunder, 2008
299. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” – Gone with the Wind, 1939
300. “That’s a bingo!” – Inglourious Basterds, 2009
Independence Day movie quotes
301. “Everyone’s trying to get out of Washington, and we’re the only schmucks trying to get in.” – Julius Levinson
302. “All you need is love. John Lennon. Smart man. Shot in the back, very sad.” – Julius Levinson
303. “I picked a hell of a day to quit drinkin’.” – Russel Casse
304. “I have got to get me one of these!” – Captain Steven Hiller
305. “Let’s kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy!” – Capt. Jimmy Wilder
306. “Isn’t it amazing how quickly everyone can turn against you?” – President Whitmore
307. “It’s the White House, for crying out loud. You can’t just go up and ring the doorbell.” – Julius Levinson
308. “It’s a fine line between standing behind a principle and hiding behind one. You can tolerate a little compromise if you’re actually managing to get something accomplished.” – President Thomas Whitmore
309. “If we don’t act now, we may not have much of an America left to defend.” – Albert Nimzicki
310. “Look, I really don’t think they flew 90 billion light years to come down here and start a fight.” – Captain Steven Hiller
Famous movie quotes that are funny
311. “These people are so posh and snobby, they’re snoshy.” – Crazy Rich Asians
312. “You sit on a throne of lies.” – Elf
313. “It’d be a lot cooler if you did.” – Dazed and Confused
314. “Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.” – Airplane
315. “Look like a bedazzler threw up on that thing . . . donate it to the My Little Pony Motorcycle club.” – Girls Trip
316. “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid.” – A Christmas Story
317. “I am serious and don’t call me Shirley.” – Airplane
318. “I’m in a glass case of emotion!” – Anchorman
319. “You relax. You’re the dead guy.” – Ghost
320. “Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?!” – Rush Hour
Famous horror movie quotes
Enjoy these popular horror movie quotes.
321. “You’ve gotta be fucking kidding.” —The Thing
322. “Be afraid. Be very afraid.” —The Fly
323. “Do you like scary movies?” —Scream
324. “The power of Christ compels you!” —The Exorcist
325. “It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.” —The Silence of the Lambs
326. “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” —Jaws
327. “I see dead people.” —The Sixth Sense
328. “It’s alive! It’s alive!” —Frankenstein
329. “They’re here!” —Poltergeist
330. “Here’s Johnny!” —The Shining
Famous Movie Quotes For Cinema Lovers
331. “Even the most miserable life is better than a sheltered existence in an organized society where everything is calculated and perfected.” ― Federico Fellini, La Dolce Vita
332. “Actually, kids work harder than adults. But only if you treat them like adults.”
— Heihachi Hayashida, Seven Samurai
333. “You are the first woman on the first day of creation. You are mother, sister, lover, friend, angel, devil, earth, home.” ― Marcello Rubini,La Dolce Vita
334. “You all make great scarecrows. Problem is, the enemy isn’t a bunch of sparrows and crows!” — Kikuchiyo, Seven Samurai
335. “Your enemies always get strong on what you leave behind.” ― Don Vito Corleone, The Godfather
336. “Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
337. “Either it’s raining, or I’m dreaming.” ― Jim, Jules And Jim
338. “A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
339. “We all want to forget something, so we tell stories. It’s easier that way.” — Commoner, Seven Samurai
340. “No one tells a lie after he’s said he’s going to tell one.” — Commoner, Seven Samurai
Short Famous Movie Quotes
341. “Now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho.” ― Hans Gruber
342. “You cut the turkey without me?” ― Gabriel
343. “Boy, that escalated quickly.” ― Ron Burgundy
344. “I’m not even supposed to be here today.” ― Dante Hicks
345. “What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.” ― The Captain
346. “I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.” ― Lloyd Dobler
347. “Check out the big brain on Brett!” ― Jules Winnfield
348. “You don’t wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I’m a loner, Dottie. A rebel.” ― Pee-Wee Herman
349. “My whole life is a darkroom. One…big…dark…room.” ― Lydia Deetz
350. “Face it, girls. I’m older and I have more insurance.” ― Evelyn Couch
Famous Movie Quotes from the Most Memorable Movies
351. “We find the defendants incredibly guilty.” ― Jury foreman
352. “Say hello to my little friend!” ― Tony Montana
353. “Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!” ― French taunter
354. “Are you crazy? The fall’ll probably kill ya!” ― Butch Cassidy
355. “I’ll be back.” ― The Terminator
356. “Put. The candle. Back!” ― Dr. Frederick Frankenstein
357. “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.” ― Joshua
358. “Are you not entertained?!” ― Maximus Decimus Meridius
359. “Flames. Flames on the side of my face…” ― Mrs. White
360. “That rug really tied the room together, did it not?” ― Walter Sobchak
What were your favorite movie quotes?
Most of us watch films for enjoyment, but movies also have great health and educational value.
You’ll find most films to be not only entertaining but also educative regardless of your social status.
Everyone has a favorite movie.
Hopefully, the above quotes will improve your day and motivate you to reach your full potential.
Which famous movie line resonated with you best?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
April 9, 2022 at 10:39 PM
From “Born Yesterday”
“The story of my life”…”It’s too long and mostly untrue”.
March 31, 2021 at 10:52 PM
Best thing about getting shot in the butt cheek is the ice cream…
January 15, 2021 at 8:45 AM
My favourite quote was from the film ANZIO.
Robert Mitchum says to a General “War never proved anything history teaches us that, people just like to kill each other.
The General’s reply, “that’s a one hell of a condemnation of mankind.
October 6, 2020 at 12:22 AM
You drown not by falling in the river, but by staying submerged in it
– Ovi Mahajan (Extraction 2020)
September 18, 2020 at 8:51 AM
You are too concerned with what was and what will be.
There is a saying: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
April 5, 2020 at 11:31 PM
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is misery, but today is a gift……*
March 25, 2020 at 6:10 PM
“You gave me peace in a lifetime of war.” Achilles,Troy
May 24, 2019 at 11:52 AM
(paraphrasing) Dyin’s not much of a livin’ boy. Josey Wales, Outlaw Josey Wales
April 3, 2019 at 11:02 PM
The best movie quote:
“God bless us everyone” from A Christmas Carol
April 15, 2019 at 12:45 PM
no it isnt stoopid