Feel the nostalgia with these growing old-together quotes.
Lifelong bonds are special.
The bond between married couples, life partners, best friends, siblings, or even with our pets are the connections that make life meaningful.
Tell us your favorite growing old together quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these growing old together quotes?
According to a survey by the AARP, 78% of adults aged 45 and older believe that having strong social connections is important for successful aging, indicating the importance that individuals place on lifelong bonds as they grow older.
This emphasizes the relevance of lifelong bonds for individuals across the lifespan.
People have different ideas about what it means to grow old together.
People also have very different opinions about the age we reach when we become “old.”
In recent polls:
- respondents aged 18-29 believed that we reach “old” status at age 60
- middle-aged respondents put the threshold of “old” at age 70.
- those over 65 said they do not become old until they reach 74
Regardless of your opinion about what it means to be old, the idea of growing old together with someone or something means developing a bond that transcends finance, status, or physical appearance.
It means sticking around during the different stages of a person’s life.
Stay young at heart!
Growing old together in love quotes
According to a study by the University of Texas, strong social support can act as a buffer against the harmful effects of stress, reducing the risk of physical and mental health problems.
This demonstrates the potential protective benefits of lifelong bonds in the face of life’s challenges.
1. “Let’s grow old and die together. Let’s do it now.” — Ani DiFranco
2. “I hope we’ll get lucky enough to grow old together.” — Paula Mclain
3. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
4. “No one should be alone in their old age, he thought.” — Ernest Hemingway
5. “Some lovers were fortunate enough to grow old together. They’d grown old apart.” — Sherry Thomas
Let’s grow old together quotes
6. “We grew up together but we won’t grow old together.” — Lurlene McDaniel
7. “They wouldn’t grow up together, but could grow old together.” — Nora Roberts
8. “Sit by my side, and let the world slip: we shall ne’er be younger.” — William Shakespeare
9. “Time will pass, and we’ll still be the sweet, lovely couple that we are. I want to grow old with you, darling.” — Anonymous
10. “We have a lifetime ahead of us to decide what we’re going to do. I love you; heart and soul, and we’re going to grow old together.” — Ella Dominguez
Friends Growing Old Together Quotes
According to a study by the University of Michigan, individuals who report higher levels of social connectedness and support also report greater life satisfaction and happiness, indicating the personal benefits of lifelong bonds.
This emphasizes the potential rewards of investing in close relationships over time.
11. “I’ll be happy if running and I can grow old together.” — Haruki Murakami
12. “Forget about all your flaws, baby, you’re just perfect for me. And I wanna grow old with you.” — Anonymous
13. “Growing old with someone else is beautiful, but growing old while being true to yourself is divine.” — Dodinsky
14. “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made.” — Robert Browning
15. “In another life we are happy,” I murmur, squeezing my eyes shut. “In another life we grow old together.” — Suzanne Young
16. “As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change … I will always keep falling in love with you.” — Karen Clodfelder
Growing old together restless road quotes
17. “How body from spirit slowly does unwind, until we are pure spirit at the end.” — Theodore Roethke
18. “I want to spend the next eighty years together, eating Doritos and riding bikes.” — Clementine Von Radics
19. “Happiness in marriage is a moment by moment choice. A decision to love, forgive, grow and grow old together.” — Fawn Weaver
20. “She grimaced, remembering one incarnation when she and he had been forced to grow old together, peacefully.” — Robert Jordan
21. “I should have guessed that it would be too much to ask to grow old with and see our children grow up together.” — Jackie Kennedy
22. “With you, life has no option than to be one super long moment of bliss. With you, baby, I’m all good. I wanna grow old with you.” — Anonymous
Growing old together in marriage quotes
23. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” — G. B. Shaw
24. “I’m not opposed to aging – even though society is kinder on men than women when it comes to getting old.” — Donna Lynn Hope
25. “I was beginning to suspect that it made no difference whether they’d married the right person. Finally, you’re just with who you’re with.” — Anne Tyler
26. “I wanted to watch the lines etch themselves into your flesh and know when each and every one of them appeared. Die together.” — Dennis Lehane
27. “I see a beautiful old age waiting for us too. So while I enjoy us right now, I should let you know that I want to grow old with you, sweetheart.” — Anonymous
28. “With a telescope, some munchies, and a warm blanket, watch for Halley’s comet. Yeah. I like that. There’s no time limit. Just sit there and grow old together.” — David Cross
Growing old together birthday quotes
29. “Love is Love no matter old you are, and I knew if I gave you enough time, you’d come back to me.” — Nicholas Sparks
30. “How can I look at aging as the enemy? It happens whether I like it or not and no one is set apart from growing old; it comes to us all. — Donna Lynn Hope
31. “Youth passes from everyone, so why deny it? I’m proud of my age. I’m proud that I’ve survived this planet for as long as I have.” — Donna Lynn Hope
32. “I used to be scared of growing old, but no more, because I’ll be growing old with the most amazing man on earth. I wanna grow old with you, baby.” — Anonymous
33. “And should I end up withered, wrinkled and with a lifetime of great wisdom, I’ll trade the few years of youth for the sophistication of a great mind…for however long it lasts.” — Donna Lynn Hope
34. “You’ve signed on with her, put in a half-century with her, grown to know her as well as you know yourself or even better, and she’s become the right person. Or the only person, might be more to the point.” — Anne Tyler
Growing old together poem quotes
35. “I thought marriage was forever. I really did. I thought Luke and I would grow old and grey together. Or, at least, old. (I’m not intending to go grey, ever).” — Sophie Kinsella
37. “There is a river running through this city, and every time my best friend laughs, I want to grab him by the shoulders and shout, ‘Grow old with me and never kiss me on the mouth!’” — Clementine Von Radics
38. “I will love you as we grow older, which has just happened, and has happened again, and happened several days ago, continuously, and then several years before that, and will continue to happen.” — Lemony Snicket
39. “I knew couples who’d been married almost forever — forty, fifty, sixty years. They’d be tending each other’s illnesses, filling in each other’s faulty memories, dealing with the money troubles or the daughter’s suicide, or the grandson’s drug addiction.” — Anne Tyler
Love is growing old together quotes
40. “It’s like the old thing: The parents stay together for the kids, but the kids know that you don’t want to be together.” — Jaime Pressly
41. “I was ass over teacup in love with my best friend. The ‘let’s get married and grow old together’ type of love.” — Summer Michaels
42. “Sweetness is you and that’s what I want in my life all the time. My wife and my sweetness, I wanna grow old with you and you alone.” — Anonymous
43. “Goddamn it. You’ll never be without me. We’re going to grow old together. Die together. I’m not going to live a single day without you.” — Sylvia Day
44. “I guess that’s how people grow old together. You don’t see wrinkles and receding hairlines. You just see what made you care to begin with-the beautiful things they have on the inside.” — Jax Garren
Sisters growing old together quotes
45. “And it feels good to feel young with you, and at the same time to grow old with you. And it’s all those things together at the same moment.” — Dave Isay
46. “They will grow old together, broken together, and as long as they both don’t completely shatter at the same time, they might find a way to pick each other off the ground.” — Thomas Christopher Greene
Growing old together lyrics quotes
47. “We were supposed to grow old together, Dolores. Have kids. Take walks under old trees.” — Dennis Lehane
48. “She did not think him any less handsome. She only wished that she’d been there when the first line on his face had appeared, so that she could have stroked and kissed and cherished it.” — Sherry Thomas
49. “The time to grant anybody a favor is the day the favor is asked, for that day is the one psychological moment of the world when supply and demand are keyed exacty to each other’s limits, and can be mated beatifically to grow old, or die young, together. But after that day.” — Eleanor Hallowell Abbott
Growing old together meme quotes
50. “I want to be the one you know is with you, by you, for you at all times, now and forever. I want to grow old with you, my sweetheart.” — Anonymous.
Growing Old Together Quotes Celebrating Togetherness
51. “When someone says they feel old, I always want to ask them why they feel old. Time passes for everyone. No one is exempt.” ― Donna Lynn Hope
52. “Don’t grow old to give up and don’t give up growing up.” ― Bernard Kelvin Clive
53. “The more candles on my cake means I get a little more exercise in blowing them out.” ― Donna Lynn Hope
54. “Wrinkles ? Why all the fuss ? Think of them as lines of distinction; marks of maturity.” ― Alex Morritt
55. “Never grow old, my little Briton. It really isn’t worth the effort.” ― Richard Blake
56. “…we’re not eighteen anymore. We’ve lived. We’ve created things that last – things of joy, and things of burden.” ― Dianna Hardy
57. “They tell you that you’ll lose your mind when you grow older. What they don’t tell you is that you won’t miss it very much.” ― Malcolm Cowley
58. “Time stops when you are in love, even as you age.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
59. “One of the difficult things about growing older is that you start losing so many friends. On the other hand, the older you get, the less time you have to wait until you see them again.” ― Ron Brackin
60. “Growing older is a blurred birth certificate that only can take us to this world’s perplexed journey, but it cannot smear the letters of the epitaph.” ― Munia Khan
Growing Old Together Quotes for Lifelong Love
61. “Write her a letter, send her a flower, love only gets old if you let it.” ― Faraaz Kazi
62. “Being a kid was much more fun than being an adult. Life was sweeter then.” ― Trevor Carss
63. “The more time you waste when you’re young, the sadder you’ll be in your nursing home” ― Daily Florence
64. “Time to leave off being young, but be thankful for continued years of life.” ― Lea Caguinguin
65. “The nice thing about getting old is that you can be as eccentric as you want, everyone expects it!” ― Nanette L. Avery
66. “We only knew each other for a day or so, but how many good days do we really have, you know?” ― Karl Kristian Flores
67. “Do not fear old age, within dark nights bright stars dwell, for time makes sages.” ― Nanette L Avery
68. “At old age, one realizes that life is truly a dream.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
69. “Growing older is inevitable. But growing wiser is a personal – and intelligent – choice.” ― AVIS Viswanathan
70. “Growing old is a true blessing, but it often comes with a hefty price tag.” ― Carlos Wallace
71. “As we grow older, our capacity for enjoyment shrinks, but not our appetite for it.” ― Mignon McLaughlin
72. “I don’t believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates.” ― T. S. Eliot
73. “As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer.” ― Robert Quillen
74. “The older I grow, the more I find myself alone.” — Alberto Giacometti
75. “Do not complain about growing old. It is a privilege denied to many.” ― Mark Twain
76. “Why are people afraid of getting older? You feel wiser. You feel more mature. You feel like you know yourself better. You would trade that for softer skin? Not me!” ― Anna Kournikova
77. “The problem with getting older is you still remember how things used to be.” — Paul Newman
78. “Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.” ― Lauren Hutton
79. “When our memories outweigh our dreams, it is then that we become old.” ― William J. Clinton
80. “I didn’t mind getting old when I was young. It’s the being old now that’s getting to me.” ― John Scalzi
Like any other aspect of life, growing old together is impacted by how we see things
Is your glass half full or half empty?
Author Anne Tyler laments on relationships noting, “I was beginning to suspect that it made no difference whether they’d married the right person. Finally, you’re just with who you’re with.”
Some people stay with the same career for decades, even if they are unhappy with it.
Other people leave a job the moment they feel unfulfilled.
Relationships are similar.
Some couples stay together for the sake of familiarity and comfort, and others stay together because of a genuine desire to remain connected.
Some pairs grow old together while other couples grow apart.
It all depends on the effort habits of the people in the relationship.
Did you have a favorite growing old together quote?
Be sure to tell us what growing old together means to you in the comments below.
If you found this article helpful, please share it on social media.
Check our other related quote articles:
When your partner feels valued, safe, and secure, it is a relationship game changer.
Men deserve to hear vocal confirmation of their partner’s feelings, even if they appear not to need it.
Kickstart your day with our handpicked collection of good morning texts for her, designed to light up her smile.