Bob Marley Quotes Celebrating Love, Peace & Life
Expand your mind and quest for love and truth, let Bob Marley quotes show you how it’s done!
April 9, 2023 5:00 AM EST
It doesn’t matter how many years have passed since the world lost this musical legend; these Bob Marley quotes will expand your mind and enhance your logic.
Bob’s music was full of meaningful lyrics that encouraged us all to find a higher purpose in our lives.
Some of the quotes are pulled straight from Bob Marley’s lyrics that still inspire people around the world today.
Marley commonly denounced an addiction to chasing money and accumulating material things.
He thought there was much more to life than Western consumerism.
And that, he believed, was revolutionary.
Born Robert Nesta Marley in the parish of St. Ann, Jamaica, on Feb. 6, 1945, the legendary reggae musician was known for incorporating ideas of financial empowerment, love and happiness, and social justice into his music.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by Ranker, Bob Marley is considered the “most influential musician of all time.”
The study shows that Bob Marley quotes and his music have profoundly impacted generations worldwide, inspiring them to love, peace, and positivity.
He considered these ideas to be his truth and saw it as his job to speak on such topics.
He never steered away from saying something controversial.
His music both healed and powerfully called attention to social change and oppression.
Bob was also a proud Rasta and was very religious.
He was much more than a band leader; he was a public figure who used his voice to stand for something much greater than himself.
Marley’s 1984 album, Legend, became the best-selling reggae album of all time. He is also ranked as one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
Besides, he was inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994, while Rolling Stone ranked him No. 11 on its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
Bob Marley will always be remembered for his politically conscious music transcending race, age, and economics.
In honor of his legacy and global impact, here are some motivational and inspirational Bob Marley quotes and sayings, collected from various sources.
And when you’re done, check out these songs about dreaming big.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Robert Nesta Marley
6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981
Bob Marley Quotes On Life That Will Inspire You
In a survey conducted by YouGov, Bob Marley was found to be the most popular reggae artist among Americans, with 55% of respondents saying they like him.
His music and lyrics continue to resonate with people across all ages and cultures.
1. “And no matter what game they play
We got something they can never take away” ― Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on rain quotes.
2. “Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on integrity quotes 2.
3. “Tell the children the truth.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on know your worth quotes.
4. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on deep quotes.
5. “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on pain quotes.
Bob Marley quotes on God (Jah) and Love
According to Rolling Stone, Bob Marley’s album “Legend” has sold over 33 million copies worldwide, making it the best-selling reggae album ever.
The album features famous Bob Marley quotes and continues to inspire listeners around the world.
6. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on hippie quotes.
7. “Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on inner strength quotes.
8. “Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on heart touching quotes about life.
9. “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on jamaica quotes.
10. “She may not be the most popular or prettiest, but if you love her and she makes you smile, what else matters?” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational quotes with pictures.
Bob Marley quotes on relationships
In a survey conducted by YouGov, Bob Marley was found to be one of the most influential figures in the world, with 35% of respondents saying he has had a positive impact on the world.
Bob Marley quotes and music have become a beacon of hope and inspiration for millions, encouraging them to find love, peace, and joy in their lives.
11. “Love would never leave us alone.” ― Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being strong.
12. “The biggest coward is a man who awakens a woman’s love with no intention of loving her.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on rainbow quotes.
13. “If you can love the wrong person that much, imagine how much you can love the right one.” ― Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on peace quotes.
14. “Overcome the devils with a thing called love.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on rain man quotes.
Uplifting Bob Marley quotes
A study by the University of Texas at Austin found that Bob Marley’s music has a strong social justice message, with lyrics that promote equality, unity, and freedom.
The study found that his quotes celebrating love, peace, and life have resonated with audiences who share these values.
15. “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on Kakashi quotes.
16. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have” – Bob Marley
17. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on Rocky quotes.
18. “The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.” – Bob Marley
More Inspirational Bob Marley Quotes and Sayings
According to a study by the University of California, Santa Cruz, Bob Marley’s music has profoundly impacted the development of reggae music and the Jamaican music scene.
The study found that his innovative use of rhythms, melodies, and lyrics helped establish reggae as a genre and influence musicians worldwide.
19. “Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life.” – Bob Marley
20. “Though the road’s been rocky, it sure feels good to me.” – Bob Marley
21. “Every man got the right to decide his own destiny.” – Bob Marley
22. “When the root is strong, the fruit is sweet.” – Bob Marley
23. “The day you stop racing, is the day you win the race.” – Bob Marley
24. “Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live!” – Bob Marley,
25. “In the abundance of water, a fool is thirsty” – Bob Marley, Rat Race
Which Bob Marley quotes were your favorites?
A study by the University of Sheffield found that Bob Marley’s music has a unique emotional resonance, with lyrics and melodies that are capable of evoking powerful feelings of joy, love, and empathy.
The study found that his quotes celebrating love, peace, and life continue to inspire people to live more fulfilling and compassionate lives.
Bob Marley is remembered for more than his music.
His legacy left such a huge impact on people all over the world.
Marley’s messages about fighting injustices influenced a revolution.
He became an internationally recognized legend despite coming from a humble background.
And even after reaching the top of his game, he remained humble.
Hopefully, these Bob Marley quotes have uplifted your mind and changed your outlook on life.
Did you enjoy these Bob Marley quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
December 24, 2022 at 6:46 AM
May 9, 2020 at 3:53 PM
In This Bright Future You Can’t Forget Your Past
February 1, 2020 at 5:52 PM
When we quarrel we are saying prayers to the devil
April 4, 2019 at 10:46 PM
32.) “The biggest coward is a man who awakens a woman’s love with no intention of loving her” – Bob Marley
February 14, 2019 at 10:00 AM
money is numbers and numbers don’t end.so if your happiness is tied in money then your search for happiness will never end
February 10, 2019 at 8:50 AM
I don’t stand for blackman’s side, I don’t stand for whiteman’s side, I stand for God’s side.