Bob’s music was full of meaningful lyrics that encouraged us all to find a higher purpose for our life.
It doesn’t matter how many years have passed since the world lost this musical legend, these Bob Marley quotes will expand your mind and enhance your logic.
Some of the quotes are pulled straight from Bob Marley’s lyrics that still inspire people around the world today.
Marley commonly denounced an addiction to chasing money and accumulating material things.
He thought there was much more to life than Western consumerism.
And that, he believed was revolutionary.
Born Robert Nesta Marley in the parish of St. Ann, Jamaica, on Feb. 6, 1945, the legendary reggae musician was known for incorporating ideas of financial empowerment, love and happiness, and social justice into his music.
He considered these ideas to be his truth and saw it as his job to speak on such topics.
He never steered away from saying something controversial.
His music both healed and powerfully called attention to social change and oppression.
Bob was also a proud Rasta and was very religious.
He was much more than a leader of a band; he was a public figure who used his voice to stand for something much greater than himself.
Bob Marley will always be remembered for his politically conscious music that transcended race, age, and economics.
In honor of his legacy and global impact, here are some motivational and inspirational Bob Marley quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources.
And when you’re done, check out these songs about dreaming big.
Robert Nesta Marley
6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981
Bob Marley Quotes On Life That Will Inspire You
1. “And no matter what game they play
We got something they can never take away” ― Bob Marley
2. “Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.” – Bob Marley
3. “Tell the children the truth.” – Bob Marley
4. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
5. “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” – Bob Marley
Bob Marley quotes on God (Jah) and Love
6. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley
7. “Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.” – Bob Marley
8. “Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.” – Bob Marley
9. “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” – Bob Marley
10. “She may not be the most popular or prettiest, but if you love her and she makes you smile, what else matters?” – Bob Marley
Bob Marley quotes on relationships
11. “Love would never leave us alone.” ― Bob Marley
12. “The biggest coward is a man who awakens a woman’s love with no intention of loving her.” – Bob Marley
13. “If you can love the wrong person that much, imagine how much you can love the right one.” ― Bob Marley
14. “Overcome the devils with a thing called love.” – Bob Marley
Uplifting Bob Marley quotes
15. “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” – Bob Marley
16. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have” – Bob Marley
17. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.” – Bob Marley
18. “The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.” – Bob Marley
More Inspirational Bob Marley Quotes and Sayings
19. “Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life.” – Bob Marley
20. “Though the road’s been rocky, it sure feels good to me.” – Bob Marley
21. “Every man got the right to decide his own destiny.” – Bob Marley
22. “When the root is strong, the fruit is sweet.” – Bob Marley
23. “The day you stop racing, is the day you win the race.” – Bob Marley
24. “Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live!” – Bob Marley,
25. “In the abundance of water, a fool is thirsty” – Bob Marley, Rat Race
Which Bob Marley quotes were your favorites?
Bob Marley is remembered for more than his music.
His legacy left such a huge impact on people all over the world.
Marley’s messages about fighting injustices influenced a revolution.
He became an internationally recognized legend despite coming from a humble background.
And even after reaching the top of his game, he still maintained a humble nature.
Hopefully, these Bob Marley quotes have uplifted your mind and changed the way you look at life.
Did you enjoy these Bob Marley quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
September 24, 2022 5:00 AM EST