These I’m tired quotes are both relatable and encouraging.
If you’re feeling tired, you’re not alone.
If only good things happened easily and life was a ‘piece of cake.’
But that’s not always the case, especially in the past year.
There are many things that we can grow tired of.
You may be tired of the current situation, having to work so hard for success, or not seeing the results you want.
What are the benefits of reading I’m tired quotes?
You may also be plain old tired from:
- Being too busy
- Running around too much
- Not getting enough rest and sleep.
If you need a little motivation to keep going, these I’m tired quotes can help.
They will remind you that almost everyone is over-extended and exhausted.
You can use these quotes to spark your motivation and learn to rest when you need it!
Don’t forget to also check out these encouraging quotes for more inspiration.
I’m tired quotes for motivation
1. “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I only stop when I’m done.” – Marilyn Monroe
2. “Tired minds don’t plan well. Sleep first, then plan later.” – Walter Reisch
3. “Even when you have every right to be tired of everything, Never be tired of living.” – Terry Mark
4. “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.” – Dean Karnazes
5. “Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.” – Jules Renard
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of laziness quotes that will motivate you to get started.
6. “You’ve done enough. It’s okay to be tired. You can take a break.” – Shauna Niequist
7. “A man grows most tired while standing still.” — Chinese proverb
8. “Tiredness is just something that is appearing; it’s not who you are.” – Nirmala
9. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
10. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
Relatable I’m tired quotes
11. “You’ve had your share of secrets and I’m tired of being last to know.” – Taylor Swift
12. “When I’m tired, I rest. I say, ‘I can’t be a superwoman today.’” – Jada Pinkett Smith
13. “I am tired of being tired and talking about how tired I am.” – Amy Poehler
14. “You never get tired unless you stop and take time for it.” – Bob Hope
15. “Life is one long process of getting tired.” – Samuel Butler
16. “When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
17. “Never give up on something you believe in.” – Steve Scalise
18. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” ―Harriet Beecher Stowe
19. “Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.” – Nicki Minaj
20. “Giving up is the only sure way to fail.” – Gena Showalter
21. “Keep believing. You may be tired, discouraged, but don’t give up on your future.” – Joel Osteen
22. “I’m tired of not being able to speak my mind. And this tiredness never fades away.” – Shreya Maurya
23. “I’m not tired of challenges. I’m tired of people challenging me for nothing.” – Ces Peta
24. “Whenever I get fed up with life I love to go wandering in nature.” – Andrea Arnold
25. “Sleep did not honor me with its presence.” – Alysha Speer, Sharden
26. “I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.” – Fannie Lou Hamer
I’m tired quotes about never giving up
27. “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.” – Banksy
28. “The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.” – Morgan Freeman
29. “Never give up. When your heart becomes tired, just walk with your legs- but move on.” – Paulo Coelho
30. “Never stop trying. Never stop believing. Never give up. Your day will come.” – Mandy Hale
31. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s the determination and commitment to the unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
32. “It’s a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired – you quit when the gorilla is tired.” – Robert Strauss
33. “The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself–the invisible battles inside all of us–that’s where it’s at.” – Jesse Owens
34. “Fatigue has many faces and many causes. Fatigue and tiredness mean different things to different people.” – Michael A. Schmidt
35. “Tired, tired with nothing, tired with everything, tired with the world’s weight he had never chosen to bear.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
36. “I am sick of the disparity between things as they are and as they should be. I’m tired. I’m tired of the truth and I’m tired of lying about the truth.” – Edward Franklin Albee
37. “Never be tired of a dream, if not fulfilled. Fear of failure should not deter you from your path of self-belief. Your belief and determination will get you to your destination and make the dream come true.” – Anil Sinha
38. “No matter how tired you feel, no matter how much you want to quit, no matter what obstacles are in your way, keep moving toward the vision you have for your future.” – Jon Gordon
39. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Theodore Roosevelt
I’m tired quotes to enlighten you
40. “Knocked down but not beaten. Tired but not giving up. I saw the sun peek through the clouds. Sometimes all we need is a glimmer of hope.” – Jon Gordon
41. “I’m so tired. I don’t know if I can ever outrun how I used to be.” – Marie Lu
42. “I want to care, but I don’t. I look at you and all I feel is tired.” – Elizabeth Scott
43. “I’m sick and tired of your attitude. I’m feeling like I don’t know you.” – Taylor Swift
44. “I’m so tired but I can’t sleep. Standing on the edge of something much too deep.” – Sarah MacLachlan
45. “I’m tired of defending my character. I am what I am. What you see is what you get.” – Dana Plato
46. “It’s so important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy. Losing your cool makes you tired. Getting angry a lot messes with your health.” – Joyce Meyer
47. “I’m so tired of people who aren’t real.” – Graham Masterton
48. “It’s important to surround yourself with good people, interesting people, young people, young ideas. Go places, learn new stuff. Look at the world with wonder – don’t be tired about it.” – Angela Bassett
49. “If one could run without getting tired I don’t think one would often want to do anything else.” – C.S. Lewis
50. “People always say that I didn’t give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn’t true. I was not tired physically… No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in.” – Rosa Parks
Other “I’m tired” quotes
51. “You feel fine, and then, when your body can’t keep fighting, you don’t.” – Nicholas Sparks
52. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius
53. “The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it’s just sort of a tired feeling.” – Paula Poundstone
54. “You must be strong enough to strike and strike and strike again without tiring. The first lesson is to make yourself that strong.” – Holly Black
55. “There is virtue in work and there is virtue in rest. Use both and overlook neither.” – Alan Cohen
56. “Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig.” – Cheryl Strayed
57. “The most critical time in any battle is not when I’m fatigued, it’s when I no longer care.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
58. “Foolishness sleeps soundly, while knowledge turns with each thinking hour, longing for the dawn of answers.” – Anthony Liccione
59. “Disrespect is tired. Shade is old. Sipping ‘tea’ isn’t cute. But loving, supporting, giving, being grateful and perpetuating light, is.” – Grace Gealey
60. “There’s always an element of fear that you need to work a lot until people get sick and tired of you or finally figure out that you’re a fraud after all!” – Ben Stiller
I’m tired quotes about the things that wear us out
61. “I am tired and sick of war.” — William Tecumseh Sherman
62. “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” — Tina Fey
63. “I’m tired of being treated like a second-class citizen.” — Rosa Parks
64. “Even nice things don’t make you happy when you’re tired.” — Jo Brand
65. “Ten men waiting for me at the door? Send one of them home, I’m tired.” — Mae West
66. “There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
67. “I wish I had an answer to that because I’m tired of answering that question.” — Yogi Berra
68. “At the end of the day, I’m a person. I have feelings. I get tired. I get sad.” — Summer Walker
69. “Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.” — Chief Joseph
70. “I’m tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.” — Shaquille O’Neal
I’m tired quotes about the things that exhaust us
71. “I’m really tired of virtue.” — P. J. O’Rourke
72. “You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die.” — John Lennon
73. “A conclusion is the place where you got tired thinking.” — Martin H. Fischer
74. “We are tired out in making complaints and getting no redress.” — Joseph Brant
75. “Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered.” — Marilyn Monroe
76. “The health of the eye seems to demand a horizon. We are never tired, so long as we can see far enough.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
77. “I’m tired of all this nonsense about beauty being skin deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?” — Jean Kerr
78. “My bed isn’t made, I’m tired, I haven’t slept well for two weeks. I haven’t been laid in a month. I don’t have a girlfriend. I have a warrant for my arrest.” — Layne Staley
79. “Age is not measured by years. Nature does not equally distribute energy. Some people are born old and tired while others are going strong at seventy.” — Dorothy Thompson
80. “I am someone who can’t hold on to negativity or hold on to grudges. I might feel something at a certain point, but I get tired after that. I don’t carry it with me. I forgive and forget very easily, and that’s the only way to be happy and peaceful.” — Deepika Padukone
‘I’m tired’ quotes about being exhausted
81. “I’m exhausted trying to stay healthy.” — Steve Yzerman
82. “On an exhausted field, only weeds grow.” — Henryk Sienkiewicz
83. “Really, the measure of a man is when they’re tired and exhausted.” — George Eads
84. “I’m exhausted by the idea that everyone is presenting this perfect life.” — Luke Goss
85. “To say I am not mentally tired in ways and exhausted in ways would be a lie.” — Megan Rapinoe
86. “When you’re at your absolute, most exhausted… That’s when you have to be at the top of your game.” — Bill Hader
87. “I can tell you with authority that when I’m exhausted, when I’m running on empty, I’m the worst version of myself.” — Arianna Huffington
88. “If I’m exhausted and I just don’t feel like it, then I don’t do it. I am a human being, after all. But I also know I’m the kind of person who, if I take one day off, well, it’s very easy for me to take the next day off and then quit exercising.” — Kelly Ripa
89. “An exhausted man is much more than a weary man. Does he exhaust the possible because he is himself exhausted, or is he exhausted because he has exhausted the possible? He exhausts himself by exhausting the possible, and inversely.” — Gilles Deleuze
90. “When all is said and done, I want to die exhausted and empty because I gave everything that was in me. I believe that’s why we’re all here: to give of ourselves to one another to help create a better world, because you can’t take it with you.” — Lamman Rucker
I’m tired quotes for athletes
91. “Losers quit when they’re tired. Winners quit when they’ve won.” – Mike Ditka
92. “It’s not the load that breaks you down; it’s the way you carry it.” – Lena Horne
93. “You learn you can do your best even when it’s hard, even when you’re tired and maybe hurting a little bit. It feels good to show some courage.” – Joe Namath
94. “When you are tired, sleep; when you are hungry, eat.” – Michael Gluckman
95. “If I can just keep putting one foot in front of the other, I will eventually get to the end.” – Kim Cowart
96. “The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.” – Anson Dorrance
97. “Nothing can substitute for just plain hrad work. I had to put in the time to get back. And it was a grind. It meant training and sweating every day. But I was completely committed to working out to prove to myself that I still could do it.” – Andre Agassi
98. “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28, The Holy Bible
99. “If you think you’re done, you always have at least 40 percent more.” – Lauren Crandall
100. “If you think you can’t, you won’t, and if you think you can, you will. When I’m tired at practice, I tell myself that I’m not tired, and I can push through. If you tell yourself you’re tired, or if you tell yourself you’re sick, your body is going to follow the mind.” – Kellie Wells
I’m tired quotes that are relatable
101. “I’ve dreamed a lot. I’m tired now from dreaming but not tired of dreaming.” – Fernando Pessoa
102. “I am old, Gandalf. I don’t look it, but I am beginning to feel it in my heart of hearts. Well-preserved indeed! Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can’t be right. I need a change, or something.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
103. “Then I uprose, showing myself provided
Better with breath than I did feel myself,
And said: ‘Go on, for I am strong and bold.’” – Dante Alighieri
104. “Many, my children, are the tears I’ve wept, and threaded many a maze of weary thought.” – Sophocles
105. “I look in the mirror and see this medium average person. A little tired, a little sad, but not falling apart.” – Cecelia Ahern
106. “Seek and see all the marvels around you. You will get tired of looking at yourself alone, and that fatigue will make you deaf and blind to everything else.” – Carlos Castaneda
107. Nothing ever fatigues me, but doing what I do not like.” – Jane Austen
108. “I’m just tired of everything…even of the echoes.” – L.M. Montgomery
109. “Others are as tired of themselves as you are. Let each one learn to bore himself.” – James Joyce
110. “She was so tired of being strong.” – Kristin Hannah
I’m Tired quotes to help you keep pushing forward
111. “The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.” – Norman Vincent Peale
112. “Fatigue has many faces and many causes. Fatigue and tiredness mean different things to different people.” – Michael A. Schmidt
113. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
114. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” —Sam Levenson
115. “Don’t resist the growing pains, push through them. ” ― Germany Kent
116. “I am tired, I would like to be a mountain, a tree, a stone.” ― Susan Sontag
117. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
118. “The most certain way to succeed is to just try one more time.” – Thomas Edison
119. “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” – Tina Fey
120. “It depends on you, to keep pushing forward until you win or give in. Always choose the former.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Emotionally tired quotes
121. “Tired, but mentally.” – Shaquille Williams
122. “I’m so exhausted and yet I feel like I’ll never sleep again.” ― Maya Banks
123. “One thing you can’t hide – is when you’re crippled inside.” – John Lennon
124. “It was hell to be so tired, and still care.” ― Lois McMaster Bujold
125. “When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
126. “When you’ve exhausted all possibilities, remember this you haven’t.” – Robert H. Schuller
127. “There are many things in life worth getting temporarily tired for, but there is nothing in life worth getting permanently tired for.” ― George Hammond
128. “I was tired of pretending to be human, I needed a break.” ― Martha Wells
129. “Taking breaks isn’t about cheating yourself, it’s about treating yourself.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
130. “For a moment I felt joyful, and then I felt completely exhausted.”― Ottessa Moshfegh
Which of these I’m tired quotes resonated with you best?
While many of these I’m tired quotes are about not growing weary and pushing through the difficult times, that’s not the only message to take away from here.
It’s important to practice self-care and get the rest you need in life.
Yes, sometimes we need to keep going even though we’re tired.
But there are also times when it’s better for us to take a break and rest.
The trick is being able to identify the right time to rest and recharge and the right time to push through the tiredness and not give up.
Which of these I’m tired quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 24, 2022 5:00 AM EST