If you loved the musical, read the book, and enjoyed the movie, you’re not going to want to skip reading these Mamma Mia quotes.
Mamma Mia is a 2008 musical romantic comedy film directed by Phyllida Lloyd and written by Catherine Johnson.
It features an ensemble cast that includes Pierce Brosnan, Dominic Cooper, Colin Firth, Meryl Streep, and Julie Walters.
The film originated as a musical that was based on ABBA songs back in 1999.
It eventually turned into a book and then was transformed into a musical romantic comedy.
While there were big expectations for the film, critics felt mixed about it when it premiered.
However, fans received it well and it was the fifth highest-grossing film of 2008.
Mamma Mia is the story of a young woman who is getting married and trying to figure out who her father is.
She invites the three possible dads to her wedding and that’s where it takes off.
Enjoy these Mamma Mia quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Jerry Maguire quotes that will make you want to scream ‘show me the money’
Mamma Mia Quotes about Life and Growing Up
1. “The best things in life, the very best things happen unexpectedly.” – Donna
2. “I don’t know what my future holds, but the world is wide and I want to make some memories.” – Donna
3. “Being a grudge holder makes you fat.” – Ruby
4. “May the best of our lives be the best of our lives.” – Tanya
5. “In your case, age becomes you as it does a tree, the wine, and cheese.” – Officer
6. “There’s an island, Kalokairi. People used to think if you sailed on from there, you’d fall off the edge of the world. That sounds like the place for me.” – Donna
7. “I don’t want my children growing up, not knowing who their father is, because it’s just, it’s crap!” – Sophie
8. “Little boys who play with fire get their fingers burned.” – Tanya
9. “Look at you! God! Stop growing! You sound like you’re having fun already.” – Donna
Mamma Mia Quotes about Love
10. “When you fall, you fall. And when you’ve been defeated by love, you’re utterly defeated.” – Harry
11. “I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow.” – Sky
12. “When you know, you know.” – Harry
13. “I don’t know how to sing about love if I’m not feeling it.” – Donna
14. “I’ve done the big white wedding, and believe me, it doesn’t always end in “happy ever after.” – Sam
15. “I have two grown children. I know something about letting go.” – Sam
Mamma Mia Quotes about Family, Freedom, and Identity
16. “It’s my stag do – my last night of freedom. Which is how some people might see it. But for me, it’s the last night before the greatest adventure of my life.” – Sky
17. “That doesn’t come from finding your father. That comes from finding yourself.” – Sky
18. “It’s just over the years people have tended to be extremely complimentary about my ears.” – Harry
19. “Typical isn’t it? You wait 20 years for a dad and then three come along at once.” – Rosie
20. “You have the courage of a lion, the passion of a panther and the wisdom of a flamingo.” – Fernando
21. “I don’t care if you slept with hundreds of men, you’re my mom, and I love you so much.” – Sophie
22. “I want the perfect wedding, and I want my father to give me away.” – Sophie
23. “It’s about knowing who I am. And I wanted to get married knowing who I am.” – Sophie
24. “You give that woman hell when you get home.” – Rosie
25. “I will know my father as soon as I see him.” – Sophie
Which of these Mamma Mia quotes is your favorite?
If you have no experience with Mamma Mia, there are plenty of options for you to enjoy it.
You can read the book if that’s more your style or you can stream the movie.
And there’s comedy.
Even if you’ve never heard of Mamma Mia, if you liked the band ABBA, you’ll appreciate the music throughout the movie.
The main song is straight from the 1970s hit of the same name.
The music alone is what made so many people excited about the release of the movie.
It was one of the top-running jukebox musicals on Broadway.
Did you enjoy reading these Mamma Mia quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 13, 2022 5:00 AM EST