300+ Rumi Quotes Celebrating Love, Life and Light
Crack the code to seeing the bigger picture. Let these Rumi quotes be the light to shine the way!
May 17, 2023 6:00 AM EST
If you need help seeing the bigger picture of love and life, these Rumi quotes will expand your mind.
Gain insight and inspiration from a great wordsmith that lived in the 13th century.
His poetry, filled with spiritual depth and poetic beauty, serves as a guiding light in our quest for meaning and connection.
In the comment section below, let us know which one resonated most with you.
You may also enjoy our article on:
These Rumi quotes transcend time and culture, offering profound glimpses into the human experience
Researchers at the University of South Carolina found that Rumi’s poems have been translated into more than 20 languages, making him one of the most widely translated poets in the world.
Therefore, this research indicates that Rumi’s quotes, poems, and other content resonated with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
What are the benefits of reading these Rumi quotes?
Rumi was a 13th-century Persian poet who greatly influenced Muslim writing and culture.
He was born on September 30, 1207, either in Wakhsh, a village in present-day Tajikistan, or in the city of Balkh, present-day Afghanistan.
Rumi has a huge following worldwide and is one of the best-selling poets in the USA.
These quotes will expand your perspective on:
- The Universe
His works have been translated into many languages, including Spanish, Turkish, German, Russian, Urdu, Arabic, French and Italian.
Brad Gooch, who wrote a biography of Rumi, describes him as “a poet of joy and of love.”
Rumi’s work continues to resonate today.
In his honor, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and powerful Rumi quotes and sayings collected from various sources over the years.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Rumi quotes about the journey of life
According to a survey by Goodreads, Rumi is the most popular poet in America.
Based on this study, Rumi’s work has garnered over 3 million followers on the platform, making Rumi’s quotes significant in the culture of the United States.
1. “Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on sky quotes.
2. “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on grateful quotes 2.
Jalaluddin Rumi quotes on life, time, and the universe
3. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on free spirit quotes.
4. “Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on leap of faith quotes.
5. “Would you become a pilgrim on the road of love? The first condition is that you make yourself humble as dust and ashes.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of humble quotes about the benefits of humility.
You will also enjoy our article on justice quotes.
6. “There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the ground; there are a thousand ways to go home again.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about losing a loved one.
7. “This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief.” – Rumi
You might also like these quotes from Pablo Neruda that will leave you questioning life and love.
Rumi quotes from his poems about our place in the universe
8. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on pablo neruda quotes.
9. “Dancing is not just getting up painlessly, like a leaf blown on the wind; dancing is when you tear your heart out and rise out of your body to hang suspended between the worlds.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on deep love quotes.
10. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on grief quotes.
11. “Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now on I’ll be mad.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on getting over someone quotes.
12. “Why do you stay in prison, when the door is so wide open?” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by mother teresa.
13. “The Prophets accept all agony and trust it. For the water has never feared the fire.” – Rumi
Also check out these quotes from Osho on love, mindfulness, and more.
Rumi quotes on love and connection
The Pew Research Center reports that interest in spirituality and mindfulness has steadily increased in the United States.
This survey and Rumi’s enduring popularity show that people are turning to Rumi quotes for guidance and inspiration now more than ever.
14. “Your depression is connected to your insolence and refusal to praise.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of powerful depression quotes that will provide perspective.
You will also enjoy our article on hug quotes.
15. “If the foot of the trees were not tied to earth, they would be pursuing me. For I have blossomed so much, I am the envy of the gardens.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on short inspirational poems.
16. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes around in another form.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on moon quotes.
17. “I am so close, I may look distant.
So completely mixed with you, I may look separate.
So out in the open, I appear hidden.
So silent, because I am constantly talking with you.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on birthday quotes.
18. “Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of famous poems to inspire you when you feel like giving up.
Rumi quotes on life and self-love
19. “Don’t wait any longer.
Dive in the ocean,
Leave and let the sea be you.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on dance quotes.
20. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on walking quotes.
21. “Love so needs to love
that it will endure almost anything, even abuse,
just to flicker for a moment. But the sky’s mouth is kind,
its song will never hurt you, for I
sing those words.” – Rumi
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Hafiz quotes attributed to the ancient mystic poet.
Rumi quotes on trust
22. “May these vows and this marriage be blessed.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on light quotes.
23. “There’s a field somewhere
beyond all doubt and wrongdoing.
I’ll meet you there.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on angel quotes.
24. “The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
What you seek is seeking you.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on green quotes.
25. “Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on candle quotes.
26. “Be certain that in the religion of Love there are no believers and unbelievers. LOVE embraces all.” ― Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on sleep quotes.
Rumi quotes on dreams and life
27. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on grace quotes.
28. “make your last journey
from this strange world
soar for the heights
where there is no more
separation of you and your home
God has created
your wings not to be dormant
as long as you are alive
you must try more and more
to use your wings to show you’re alive”
You will also enjoy our article on engagement quotes.
29. “In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on criticism quotes.
Inspirational quotes by Rumi to help you see the bright side of life
30. “Silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on anxiety quotes.
31. “Peaceful is the one who’s not concerned with having more or less.
Unbound by name and fame, he is free from sorrow from the world and mostly from himself.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on One Piece quotes.
32. “Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot. Seek the path that demands your whole being.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to check out our collection of words of wisdom to bring out the best in you.
Quotes by Rumi about life and love
33. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on your intelligence.
34. “I am filled with you. Skin, blood, bone, brain, and soul. There’s no room for lack of trust, or trust. Nothing in this existence but that existence.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on jealousy quotes.
35. “A pen went scribbling along. When it tried to write love, it broke.” ― Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on bloom quotes.
36. “Be empty of worrying. Think of who created thought! – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on Their Eyes Were Watching God quotes.
37. “What? Are you still pretending you are separate from the Beloved?” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on rose quotes.
38. “It is certain that an atom of goodness on the path of faith is never lost.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on rain man quotes.
Jalaluddin Rumi quotes about love from his books and poems
39. “Either give me more wine or leave me alone.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on star quotes.
40. “Someone who does not run toward the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives. But this dove here senses the love hawk floating above, and waits, and will not be driven or scared to safety.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on Two and a Half Men quotes.
41. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on fruit quotes.
42. “If you are seeking, seek us with joy
For we live in the kingdom of joy.
Do not give your heart to anything else
But to the love of those who are clear joy,
Do not stray into the neighborhood of despair.
For there are hopes: they are real, they exist –
Do not go in the direction of darkness –
I tell you: suns exist.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on Osho quotes.
Jalaluddin Rumi quotes from his poems and books about life
43. “Open your hands if you want to be held.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on Makeup quotes.
44. “Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn’t matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on bridge quotes.
45. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on marriage quotes.
46. “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on wine quotes.
47. “Let silence take you to the core of life.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on lies quotes.
48. “The whole universe is contained within a single human being – you.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on single mom quotes.
49. “Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love.” ― Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on Kingdom Hearts quotes.
50. “Love is the bridge between you and everything.” – Rumi
Rumi quotes that will expand your mind
51. “Grace comes to forgive and then forgive again.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on Blind Side quotes.
52. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.” ― Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on full moon quotes.
53. “Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on breathe quotes.
54. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” ― Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on separation quotes.
55. “When you seek love with all your heart you shall find its echo in the universe.” – Rumi
56. “If you are looking for a friend who is faultless, you will be friendless.” – Rumi
57. “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.” ― Rumi
58. “Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.” ― Rumi
59. “Don’t you know yet? It is your light that lights the worlds.” ― Rumi
60. “We are born of love; Love is our mother.” ― Rumi
Rumi quotes to inspire and teach
61. “Respond to every call that excites your spirit.” ― Rumi
62. “This is a subtle truth. Whatever you love you are.” – Rumi
63. “The very center of your heart is where life begins – the most beautiful place on earth.” – Rumi
64. “When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.” – Rumi
65. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” ― Rumi
66. “These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.” ― Rumi
67. “Live life as if everything is rigged in your favor.” – Rumi
68. “Only from the heart can you touch the sky.” ― Rumi
69. “The moon stays bright when it doesn’t avoid the night.” ― Rumi
70. “Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help someone’s soul heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd.” ― Rumi
Rumi quotes that will make your day
71. “When you lose all sense of self, the bonds of a thousand chains will vanish.” ― Rumi
72. “Whenever they rebuild an old building, they must first of all destroy the old one.” ― Rumi
73. “Your radiance shines in every atom of creation yet our petty desires keep it hidden.” ― Rumi
74. “Everything about yesterday has gone with yesterday. Today, it is needed to say new things.” ― Rumi
75. “If you want to win hearts, sow the seeds of Love. If you want heaven, stop scattering thorns on the road.” ― Rumi
76. “When I am with you, we stay up all night. When you’re not here, I can’t go to sleep.” ― Rumi
77. “Whatever happens, just keep smiling and lose yourself in love.” ― Rumi
78. “Why ever talk of miracles when you are destined to become infinite love.” ― Rumi
79. “Why should I be weary when every cell of my body is bursting with life?” ― Rumi
80. “Come out of the circle of time and into the circle of love.” ― Rumi
Rumi quotes to broaden your thoughts
81. “The rose’s rarest essence lives in the thorns.”― Rumi
82. “Shine like the whole universe is yours.”― Rumi
83. “The lion is most handsome when looking for food.”― Rumi
84. “Maybe you are searching among the branches, for what only appears in the roots.”― Rumi
85. “Not only the thirsty seek the water, the water as well seeks the thirsty.”― Rumi
86. “Pain is a treasure, for it contains mercies.”― Rumi
87. “What matters is how quickly you do what your soul directs.”― Rumi
88. “The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.”― Rumi
89. “Your heart is the size of an ocean . Go find yourself in its hidden depths.”― Rumi
90. “The ground’s generosity takes in our compost and grows beauty! Try to be more like the ground.”― Rumi
91. “Listen with ears of tolerance! See through the eyes of compassion! Speak with the language of love.” – Rumi
92. “Look past your thoughts, so you may drink the pure nectar of This Moment.”― Rumi
93. “The morning wind spreads its fresh smell. We must get up and take that in, that wind that lets us live. Breathe before it’s gone.”― Rumi
94. “Whatever purifies you is the right path, I will not try to define it.”― Rumi
95. “Everything you possess of skill, and wealth, and handicraft,
wasn’t it first merely a thought and a quest?” – Rumi
Rumi quotes that will change the way you think
96. “In each moment the fire rages, it will burn away a hundred veils. And carry you a thousand steps toward your goal.” – Rumi
97. “Be kind to yourself, dear – to our innocent follies. Forget any sounds or touch you knew that did not help you dance. You will come to see that all evolves us.” – Rumi
98. “Achieve some perfection yourself, so that you may not fall into sorrow by seeing the perfection in others.” – Rumi
99. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you’d ever imagined.” – Rumi
100. “The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are.” – Rumi
101. “The garden of the world has no limits except in your mind.” – Rumi
102. “It’s your road, and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” – Rumi
103. “Thankfulness brings you to the place where the beloved lives.” – Rumi
104. “That which is false troubles the heart, but truth brings joyous tranquility.” – Rumi
105. “A wealth you cannot imagine flows through you. Do not consider what strangers say. Be secluded in your secret heart-house, that bowl of silence.” – Rumi
Rumi quotes to elevate your perspective
106. “What is planted in each person’s soul will sprout.” – Rumi
107. “Why are you so enchanted by this world, when a mine of gold lies within you?” – Rumi
108. “If light is in your heart, you will find your way home.” – Rumi
109. “You have no need to travel anywhere – journey within yourself. Enter a mine of rubies and bathe in the splendor of your own light.” – Rumi
110. “Very little grows on jagged rock. Be ground. Be crumbled, so wild flowers will come up where you are.” – Rumi
111. “The beauty you see in me is a reflection of you.” – Rumi
112. “Close your eyes, fall in love, stay there.” – Rumi
113. “Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.” – Rumi
114. “We rarely hear the inward music, but we’re all dancing to it nevertheless.” – Rumi
115. “Our greatest strength lies in the gentleness and tenderness of our heart.” – Rumi
Rumi quotes to live by
116. “Love is an open secret, the most obvious thing in the world and the most hidden, with no why to how it keeps its mystery.”― Rumi
117. “It’s your road and yours alone others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” ― Rumi
118. “Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and the stars mirrored in your own being.”― Rumi
119. “I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.” ― Rumi
120. “There is little one can say about love. It has to be lived, and it’s always in motion.”― Rumi
121. “When you feel a peaceful joy, that’s when you are near the truth.” ― Rumi
122. “You have within you more love than you could ever understand.” ― Rumi
123. “Don’t turn away. Keep your gaze on the bandaged place. That’s where the light enters you.”― Rumi
124. “Raise your words not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers not thunder.” ― Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of rain quotes that will help wash away the stress and bring you the happiness you deserve.
125. “Love is a river. Drink from it.”― Rumi
Rumi quotes to make you think
126. “That moon which the sky never saw even in dreams has risen again.” ― Rumi
127. “Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.” ― Rumi
128. “Your breath touched my soul and I saw beyond all limits.”― Rumi
129. “What hurts you, blesses you. Darkness is your candle.” ― Rumi
130. “When you do things from the soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” ― Rumi
131. “All people on the planet are children, except for a very few. No one is grown up except those free of desire.” ― Rumi
132. “Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.” ― Rumi
133. “Sometimes you hear a voice through the door calling you… This turning toward what you deeply love saves you.”― Rumi
134. “Conventional opinion is the ruin of our souls.”― Rumi
135. “Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end.”― Rumi
Rumi quotes to enlighten you
136. “You’ve seen my descent, now watch my rising.”― Rumi
137. “You are not just a drop in the ocean, you are the mighty ocean in the drop.”― Rumi
138. “We love that s why life is full of so many wonderful gifts.”― Rumi
139. “If you look too closely at the form, you’ll miss the essence.”― Rumi
140. “I belong to no religion. My religion is love. Every heart is my temple.”
141. “People want you to be happy, don’t keep serving them your pain.”
142. “I looked in temples, churches, and mosques. But I found the Divine within my heart.”― Rumi
143. “With life as short as a half taken breath, don’t plant anything but love.”― Rumi
144. “There is a moon inside every human being. Learn to be companions with it.” ― Rumi
145. “Get yourself out of the way, and let joy have more space.”― Rumi
Rumi quotes to get you through the day
146. “You are the seeker, the goal, and seeking itself. Not only a part of them.” ― Rumi
147. “Do not be satisfied with the stories that come before you. Unfold your own myth.” ― Rumi
148. “Don’t sit and wait. Get out there, feel life. Touch the sun, and immerse in the sea.” ― Rumi
149. “Stay in the spiritual fire. Let it cook you.” ― Rumi
150. “Give yourself a kiss. If you want to hold the beautiful one, hold yourself to yourself.” ― Rumi
151. “We often need to be refreshed.” ― Rumi
152. “The moment you accept what troubles you’ve been given, the door will open.” ― Rumi
153. “Enough of words. Come to me without a sound.” ― Rumi
154. “If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?.” ― Rumi
155. “Free yourself from your own thoughts.” ― Rumi
Rumi quotes to elevate your mind
156. “Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript oƒ a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that.” ― Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of mirror quotes that will change your perception.
157. “Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.” ― Rumi
158. “Don’t get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.” ― Rumi
159. “Why are you knocking at every other door? Go, knock at the door of your own heart.” ― Rumi
160. “We carry inside us the wonders we seek outside us.” ― Rumi
161. “They say there is a doorway from heart to heart, but what is the use of a door when there are no walls?” ― Rumi
162. “Be grateful for your life, every detail of it,
and your face will come to shine like a sun,
and everyone who sees it will
be made glad and peaceful.” ― Rumi
163. “You cannot hide love, love will get on its way to the heart of someone you love far or near, it goes home to where it belongs to the heart of lovers.” ― Rumi
164. “Find the sweetness in your own heart, then you may find the sweetness in every heart.” ― Rumi
165. “That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, he said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.” ― Rumi
Rumi quotes for a more positive outlook on life
166. “You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.” – Rumi
167. “Giving thanks for abundance is sweeter than the abundance itself.” –
168. “One of the marvels of the world: The sight of a soul sitting in prison with the key in its hand.” – Rumi
169. “All your anxiety is because of your desire for harmony. Seek disharmony, then you will gain peace.” – Rumi
170. “To love is human. To feel pain is human. Yet to still love despite the pain is pure angel.” – Rumi
171. “I want to be where your barefoot walks because maybe before you step, you’ll look at the ground. I want that blessing.” – Rumi
172. “Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.” – Rumi
173. “Always search for your innermost nature in those you are with, as rose oil imbibes from roses.” – Rumi
174. “In every religion there is love, yet love has no religion.” – Rumi
175. “Be a helpful friend, and you will become a green tree with always new fruit, always deeper journeys into love.” – Rumi
Rumi quotes that could change your life
176. “I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.” – Rumi
177. “Laugh as much as you breathe. Love as long as you live.” – Rumi
178. “I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.” – Rumi
179. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love.” – Rumi
180. “As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.” – Rumi
181. “Wherever you stand, be the soul of that place.” – Rumi
182. “Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.” – Rumi
183. “The garden of the world has no limit except in your mind.” – Rumi
184. “If I love myself, I love you. If I love you, I love myself.” – Rumi
185. “Lovers have heartaches that can’t be cured by drugs or sleep, or games, but only by seeing their beloved.” – Rumi
Rumi quotes to inspire positive thinking
186. “Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah…it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you.” – Rumi
187. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” – Rumi
188. “Keep silent, because the world of silence is a vast fullness.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of silence quotes celebrating much needed downtime.
189. “The wealth within you, your essence, is your kingdom.” – Rumi
190. “My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” – Rumi
191. “Anyone who genuinely and consistently with both hands looks for something will find it.” – Rumi
192. “I should be suspicious of what I want.” – Rumi
193. “The message behind the words is the voice of the heart.” – Rumi
194. “Caught by our own thoughts, we worry about everything.” – Rumi
195. “I have neither a soul nor a body, for I come from the very Soul of all souls.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
Rumi quotes that will make you think
196. “Since Love has made ruins of my heart
The sun must come and illumine them.
Such generosity has broken me with shame.”― Rumi
197. “The angel is free because of his knowledge, the beast because of his ignorance. Between the two remains the son of man to struggle.”― Rumi
198. “Why struggle to open a door between us when the whole wall is an illusion?”― Rumi
199. “The fault is in the one who blames. Spirit sees nothing to criticize.”― Rumi
200. “Everyone has been made for some particular work and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.”― Rumi
201. “Because I cannot sleep I make music in the night”― Rumi
202. “I want your sun to reach my raindrops, so your heat can raise my soul upward like a cloud.”― Rumi
203. “Your magnificence has made me wonder. Your charm has taught me the way of love.”― Rumi
204. “The heart has its own language. The heart knows a hundred thousand ways to speak.”
205. “Love said to me, there is nothing that is not me. Be silent.”― Rumi
More Rumi quotes and sayings
206. “The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.”― Rumi
207. “If you want to be more alive, love is the truest health.”― Rumi
208. “We may know who we are or we may not. We may be Muslims, Jews or Christians but until our hearts become the mould for every heart we will see only our differences.”― Rumi
209. “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”― Rumi
210. “When the light returns to its source, it takes nothing of what it has illuminated.”― Rumi
211. “Keep your intelligence white hot and your grief glistening so your life will stay fresh.”― Rumi
212. “There is a basket of fresh bread on your head, yet you go door to door asking for crusts.”― Rumi
213. “Although you see the pit, you cannot avoid it.”― Rumi
214. “There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.”― Rumi
215. “Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and the stars mirrored in your own being.”― Rumi
Rumi Quotes About Difficult Times
216. “Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter.” ― Rumi
217. “Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.”― Rumi
218. “Whenever sorrow comes, be kind to it. For God has placed a pearl in sorrow’s hand.”― Rumi
219. “Grief can be the garden of compassion.”― Rumi
220. “Don’t dismiss the heart, even if it’s filled with sorrow. God’s treasures are buried in broken hearts.” ― Rumi
221. “Whoever finds love beneath hurt and grief disappears into emptiness with a thousand new disguises.”― Rumi
222. “Whoever finds love beneath hurt and grief disappears into emptiness with a thousand new disguises.”― Rumi
223. “If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.”― Rumi
224. “But listen to me. For one moment quit being sad. Hear blessings dropping their blossoms around you.”― Rumi
225. “Be patient where you sit in the dark. The dawn is coming.”― Rumi
Short Rumi quotes
226. “The source of now is here.” — Rumi
227. “Dance until you shatter yourself.” — Rumi
228. “Be an empty page, untouched by words.” — Rumi
229. “Half-heartedness doesn’t reach into majesty.” — Rumi
230. “To praise the sun is to praise your own eyes.” — Rumi
231. “Look at the moon in the sky, not the one in the lake.” — Rumi
232. “You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?” — Rumi
233. “Patience with small details makes perfect a large work, like the universe.” — Rumi
234. “Let us carve gems out of our stony hearts and let them light our path to love.” — Rumi
235. “Whoever has heart’s doors wide open, could see the sun itself in every atom.” — Rumi
Rumi quotes about gardens, love, and beauty
236. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” — Rumi
237. “Beauty surrounds us, but usually we need to be walking in a garden to know it.” — Rumi
238. “Woman is a ray of God. She is not that earthly beloved: she is creative, not created.” — Rumi
239. “When I die, I shall soar with angels, and when I die to the angels, what I shall become you cannot imagine.” — Rumi
240. “You left and I cried tears of blood. My sorrow grows. It’s not just that You left. But when You left my eyes went with You. Now, how will I cry?” — Rumi
241. “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.” — Rumi
242. “Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness.” — Rumi
243. “Sunlight fell upon the wall; the wall received a borrowed splendor. Why set your heart on a piece of earth, O simple one? Seek out the source which shines forever.” — Rumi
244. “The garden of love is green without limit and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy. Love is beyond either condition: without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh.” — Rumi
245. “Through Love all that is bitter will be sweet, Through Love all that is copper will be gold, Through Love all dregs will become wine, through Love all pain will turn to medicine.” — Rumi
Rumi quotes that have stood the test of time
246. “I said to the night, / “If you are in love with the moon, / it is because you never stay for long.” / The night turned to me and said, / “It is not my fault. I never see the Sun, / how can I know that love is endless?” ― Rumi
247. “You hurt and have sharp desire, / yet your presence is a healing calm.” ― Rumi
248. “Every object, every being, is a jar full of delight. –Rumi
249. “If I could repeat it, / people passing by would be enlightened and go free.” ― Rumi
250. “Are you jealous of the ocean’s generosity? / Why would you refuse to give / this love to anyone? / Fish don’t hold the sacred liquid in cups! / They swim in the huge, fluid freedom.” ― Rumi
251. “Dear soul, don’t set a high value on someone before they deserve it; You either lose them or ruin yourself…!” – Rumi
252. A white flower grows in the quietness. / Let your tongue become that flower.” ― Rumi
253. “Be full of sorrow, that you may become hill of joy; weep, that you may break into laughter.”― Rumi
254. “What are mere pearls when you’ll become the ocean, / And that bright sun with its revolving motion!”― Rumi
255. “Fruits ripen with a little warmth, not fire, / A furnace’s heat fruit does not require….”― Rumi
Rumi Quotes About Realizing Your True Self
256. “Your heart knows the way. Run in that direction.” – Rumi
257. “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.” – Rumi
258. “When will you begin that long journey into yourself?” – Rumi
259. “Let silence be the art you practice.” – Rumi
260. “Silence gives answers.” – Rumi
261. “There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you?” – Rumi
262. “Whatever lifts the corners of your mouth, trust that.” – Rumi
263. “Why should I be unhappy? Every parcel of my being is in full bloom.” – Rumi
264. “I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my soul.” – Rumi
265. “In the blackest of your moments, wait with no fear.” – Rumi
Rumi quotes to inspire you today
266. “Be still! Be quiet! Find acquaintance with silence. Go inside, delve into your heart. Take a day off from the clamour.”― Rumi
267. “If words come out of the heart, they will enter the heart.”― Rumi
268. “The world’s existence is not in the world.”― Rumi
269. “He who has led you so far will guide you further.”― Rumi
270. “Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.”― Rumi
271. I belong to no religion. My religion is love. Every heart is my temple.”― Rumi
272. “You are granite. I am an empty wine glass. You know what happens when we touch.”― Rumi
273. “Either be as you appear, or appear as you are.”― Rumi
274. “You are the honored guest. Do not weep like a beggar for pieces of the world.”― Rumi
275. “We all face death in the end. But on the way, be careful never to hurt a human heart!”― Rumi
Short Rumi Quotes for When You Are Ready To Fall in Love
276. “From understanding comes LOVE.” ― Rumi
277. “Love risks everything and asks for nothing.” ― Rumi
278. “I don’t know why; when I look at you, I see myself.” ― Rumi
279. “There is a path from me to you that I am constantly looking for.” ― Rumi
280. “If you wish mercy, show mercy to the weak.” ― Rumi
281. “If you wish for light, Be ready to receive light.” ― Rumi
282. “Love cannot be learned or taught. Love comes as Grace.” ― Rumi
283. “All my feelings have the color you desire to paint.” ― Rumi
284. “If you knew the secret of life, you too would choose no other companion but love.” ― Rumi
285. “I am in Love with Love and Love is in love with me.” ― Rumi
Rumi Quotes To Ignite Your Spirit
286. “Embark on the journey of LOVE. It takes you from yourself to yourself.” — Rumi
287. “Your spirit is mingled with mine what touches you, touches me.” — Rumi
288. “Humble living does not diminish. It fills. Going back to a simpler self gives wisdom.” — Rumi
289. “I don’t regret how much I love, and I avoid those who repent their passion.” — Rumi
290. “She loved him so much she concealed his name in many phrases, the inner meanings known only to her.” — Rumi
291. “The water in the stream may have changed many times, but the reflection of the moon and the stars remains the same.” — Rumi
292. “The only thing that will keep you from finding that which you seek is calling off the search.” — Rumi
293. “I smile like a flower not only with my lips but with my whole being.” — Rumi
294. “Let yourself be gently pulled by the deeper desire of what you want.” — Rumi
295. “I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.” — Rumi
Rumi Quotes To Unlock the Wisdom of Rumi
296. “Let Silence speak to you about the secrets of the universe.” ― Rumi
297. “God looks not at your form, nor at your deeds, but at your Heart.” ― Rumi
298. “In this life many demolitions are actually renovations.” ― Rumi
299. “Purify yourself from the attributes of self, so that you may see your own pure, untarnished essence.” ― Rumi
300. “Trust means you’re ready to risk what you currently have.” ― Rumi
301. “Stop searching here and there, the jewels are inside YOU.” ― Rumi
302. “Darkness may hide the trees and the flowers from the eyes but it cannot hide love from the soul.” ― Rumi
303. “Fall in love in such a way that it frees you from any connecting.” ― Rumi
304. “Watch for all that beauty reflecting from you and sing a love song to your existence.” ― Rumi
305. “Be with those who help your being. Don’t sit with indifferent people, whose breath comes cold out of their mouths.” ― Rumi
Did you enjoy these Rumi quotes?
Rumi’s teachings transcend time.
His timeless views about life and love continue to inspire people from all over the world.
Through his words, he helped guide people to have a more positive outlook on life.
Hopefully, the above quotes by Rumi will help you achieve inner peace and contentment.
Did you enjoy these quotes and sayings?
Which Rumi quotes about life and love is your favorite?
Tell us in the comments section!
March 6, 2021 at 10:01 AM
I absolutely love Rumis quotes. Just goes directly to my heart. I bought one of his books to stay close to his amazing energy every day
August 16, 2020 at 11:06 AM
His thoughts still stand on the test of time. it amazes me, how could someone be so out of himself that he could see the world and emotions so clear and prudently. he was indeed great, there is no one like him.
July 17, 2020 at 2:49 PM
Love is the Bridge between you and the world.
June 6, 2020 at 12:24 AM
he is iraninan genius man.
April 22, 2020 at 10:48 AM
I am so impressed…Very powerful and effective Quotes.
“I belong to no religion, My religion is Love and Every Heart is my temple”
“I want to sing like the birds sing; Not worrying about who hears or what they think.”
April 15, 2020 at 4:30 AM
Thank you for the collection. Words can’t explain the effect these quotes have on one’s soul..
September 6, 2019 at 11:09 AM
run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.i have tried prudent planning long enough. From now on I’ll be mad.”
…..Awesome to the core
August 28, 2019 at 9:31 AM
Jack in Kansas 8-28-19. Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing there is a field, I’ll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about. Language, ideas, even the phrase “each other “ doesn’t make any sense.”
August 25, 2019 at 2:43 PM
“The moon stays bright when it doesn’t avoid the night.” ― Rumi
August 4, 2019 at 11:50 PM
“When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.” – Rumi
August 3, 2019 at 9:45 AM
“silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation”
Marion L. Mills
July 28, 2019 at 10:54 PM
“Yesterday I was clever so I want to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
June 21, 2019 at 9:56 PM
Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. i have tried prudent planning long enough. from now on I’ll be mad.
Its really powerful.. something we wish to be but often don’t get courage to be.. may i be like that on my way seeking god.. seeking me.
June 19, 2019 at 8:08 PM
It wasn’t on this list, but one of my favorite Rumi quotes is, “Let the beauty you love be what you do.”
June 3, 2019 at 2:22 PM
Mystical clues and instructions for bliss.
May 5, 2019 at 10:11 AM
May 2, 2019 at 10:06 PM
Do you really need breakfast when u have Rumi? Rich, wholesome & lingering taste of life.
October 19, 2018 at 9:32 PM
The wound is the place where the light enters you
September 7, 2018 at 8:58 PM
“Love is the bridge to you and everything.”
July 15, 2019 at 9:53 PM
extremely appreciate it!!
September 20, 2019 at 12:56 PM
Like a breath of fresh air wafting by, with the scent of a thousand flowers.Powerful lines to drive home sublime truth.
August 23, 2018 at 10:55 AM
” run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.i have tried prudent planning long enough. From now on I’ll be mad.”
This quote gives me goosebumps. And a sense of authenticity….