Read this entire collection of Monday motivation quotes to start your week off with the right energy.
Monday isn’t about “another day, another dollar.” Monday is another day of your life, that you can use to make progress.
How do you motivate yourself on Monday mornings?
Sometimes it feels like we’re programmed to hate Monday. Like our weekend fun or relaxation comes to an end, and now it’s back to “real life”.
But it’s all our real life.
Monday isn’t the problem.
Monday isn’t an interruption.
Monday is another blessing and chance to pick up where we left off. Every fresh start to the week is another opportunity to learn new things and apply what we already learned.
Whichever memories you have from the weekend, say goodbye to them all and take advantage of the start of a new week.
Need an extra jolt?
Try these Monday motivation quotes to get you pumped up!
We also have a selection of Tuesday quotes to pump you up for the rest of the week!
1. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
2. “Life offers you so many doors, it is up to you which to open and which one to close.” – Unknown
3. “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.” – Benjamin Mays
4. “The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others.” – Hasidic Proverb
5. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
6. “Life offers so many great choices, all you have to do is to see them.” – Unknown
7. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
8. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Canfield
9. “If not us, who? If not now, when?” – John F. Kennedy
10. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of Sunday quotes that will inspire you and fill you with positivity.
Monday motivation quotes to boost your spirits
11. “Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
12. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
13. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
14. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” – Sheryl Sandberg
15. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
16. “The more you talk about negative things in your life, the more you call them in. Speak victory not defeat.” – Joel Osteen
17. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” – Rosa Parks
18. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
19. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “Work to become, not to acquire.” – Elbert Hubbard
Also, check out these actions speak louder than words quotes and sayings that will empower you.
Monday motivation quotes for a happy workday
21. “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Gandhi
22. “Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you.” – Joel Osteen
23. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
24. “Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today.” – Will Rogers
25. “The road to success is always under construction” – Lily Tomlin
Inspirational Monday motivation quotes to start your week right
26. “Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.” – Gore Vidal
27. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
28. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
29. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” – Thomas Jefferson
30. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
The best Monday motivation quotes and sayings
31. “Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
32. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
33. “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” – Charles R. Swindoll
34. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
35. “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” – Leonardo da Vinci
36. “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” – Pablo Picasso
37. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
38. “Your only limit is you.” – Unknown
39. “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
40. “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” …so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.” – Leo Tolstoy
Monday motivation quotes that will inspire you to succeed
41. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
42. “A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory.” – Arthur Golden
43. “There is a winner in you. You were created to be successful, to accomplish your goals, to leave your mark on this generation. You have greatness in you. The key is to get it out.” – Joel Osteen
44. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
45. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
46. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
47. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
48. “It’s not the days in your life, but the life in your days that counts.” – Brian White
49. “Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed.” – Abraham Lincoln
50. “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” – Henry Ford
Monday motivation quotes to get you through the week
51. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
52. “Whenever you see a successful person you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.” – Vaibhav Shah
53. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” – Oscar Wilde
54. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
55. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
56. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. ” – Les Brown
57. “I find that when you have a real interest in life and a curious life, that sleep is not the most important thing.” – Martha Stewart
58. “There is no traffic jam along the extra mile.” – Roger Staubach
59. “The number one reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors.” – Napoleon Hill
60. “A goal is not always meant to be reached; it often serves simply as something to aim at.” – Bruce Lee
Monday Inspiration quotes about productivity
61. “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today.” – Nolan Bushnell
62. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
63. “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.” – Peter Drucker
64. “It’s not knowing what to do, it’s doing what you know.” – Tony Robbins
65. “Life is too complicated not to be orderly.” – Martha Stewart
67. “Why do anything unless it is going to be great?” – Peter Block
68. “The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” – Dennis Waitley
69. “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Stephen Covey
70. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
Monday quotes for endless motivation
71. “If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.” – David Allen
72. “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
73. “Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is specifically your own.” – Bruce Lee
74. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
75. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
76. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” – Zig Ziglar
77. “It’s not always that we need to do more but rather that we need to focus on less.” – Nathan W. Morris
78. “If you have time to whine then you have time to find a solution.” – Dee Dee Artner
79. “Great acts are made up of small deeds.” – Lao Tzu
80. “Starve your distraction and feed your focus.” – Unknown
Monday motivation quotes for work
81. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Alexander Graham Bell
82. “Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig.” ―Cheryl Strayed
83. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
84. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
85. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” –
86. “No great achiever – even those who made it seem easy – ever succeeded without hard work.” – Jonathan Sacks
87. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius
88. “Nobody’s a natural. You work hard to get good and then work to get better. It’s hard to stay on top.” – Paul Coffey
89. “Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do, whether you’re a janitor or taking your first summer job because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.” – Tyler Perry
90. “Goodness and hard work are rewarded with respect.” – Luther Campbell
91. “To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing.” –
92. “Once you have commitment, you need the discipline and hard work to get you there.” – Haile Gebrselassie
Wise Monday motivation quotes
93. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
94. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” —Henry Ford
95. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho
96. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of opportunity quotes about making the most of a situation.
97. “The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” —Charles Dickens
98. “Talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.” – Patrick Suskind
99. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me?” —Ayn Rand
100. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of keep pushing quotes about moving forward.
101. “The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible.” —Charles Kingsleigh
Monday quotes to inspire success
102. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
103. “Those at the top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” – Unknown
104. “There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality.” – Anthony Robbins
105. “Make each day your masterpiece.”– John Wooden
106. “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller Jr.
107. “You will never plow a field if you only turn it over in your mind.”— Irish Proverb
108. “The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.” – Unknown
109. “Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.”– Martin Luther King, Jr.
110. “Some people dream of success while others wake up and work.”– Unknown
Other motivational Monday quotes
111. A man is worked upon by what he works on. He may carve out his circumstances, but his circumstances will carve him out as well.”– Frederick Douglass
112. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
113. “A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.”– Colin Powell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of determination quotes to help you keep moving forward.
114. “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.” – Thomas Carlyle
115. “The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!”– Marvin Phillips
116. “What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
117. “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”– Mark Twain
118. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
119. “Don’t work for recognition but do work worthy of recognition.”– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
120. “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.” – Tricia Cunnigham
Monday quotes to elevate your week
121. “Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.”– Leo Buscaglia
122. “The only limits you have are the limits you believe.” – Wayne Dyer
123. “It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.” – Robert H. Schuller
124. “You can never ride on the wave that came in and went out yesterday.” –John Wanamaker
125. “If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.” – Les Brown
126. “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” – Bo Jackson
127. “Begin the week with momentum and you’ll look back with great satisfaction on all you achieved.” – Skip Prichard
128. “If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse.” — Jen Sincero
129. “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” – Pablo Picasso
130. “The most effective way to do is to do it.” — Amelia Earhart
Monday motivation quotes to empower you
131. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
132. “A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure.” –Henry Kissinger
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of diamond quotes about the power of long lasting beauty.
133. “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.” – Mae Jemison
134. “Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars.” –Henry Ford
135. “The best way to succeed in this world is to act on the advice you give to others.” – Unknown
136. “If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.” – Ben Hogan
137. “Whatever your situation might be, set your mind to whatever you want to do and put a good attitude in it, and I believe that you can succeed.” – Bethany Hamilton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of attitude quotes that will set you up for success.
138. “Don’t give it five minutes if you’re not going to give it five years.”— Meghan Markle
139. “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” –Muhammad Ali
140. “Done is better than perfect.”— Sheryl Sandberg
Monday morning quotes to get your week started
141. “It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way…” – Samurai Jack
142. “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together” – Vincent Van Gogh
143. “If we have the attitude that it’s going to be a great day it usually is.” – Catherine Pulsifier
144. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of morning inspirational quotes to help you get your day started.
145. “Your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up.” – Isabelle Lafleche
146. “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” – Oscar Wilde
147. “If something is important enough, even if the odds are stacked against you, you should still do it.” – Elon Musk
148. “Never stop doing your best just because someone doesn’t give you credit.” – Kamari aka Lyrikal
149. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”― Abraham Lincoln
150. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
Monday motivation quotes to inspire success
151. “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” – Frank Zappa
152. “Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths, instead of your weaknesses… on your powers, instead of your problems.”– Paul J. Meyer
153. “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands — your own.”– Mark Victor Hansen
154. “An invincible determination can accomplish almost anything and in this lies the great distinction between great men and little men.” – Thomas Fuller
155. “Give yourself an even greater challenge than the one you are trying to master and you will develop the powers necessary to overcome the original difficulty.” – William J. Bennett
156. “The task of leadership is not to put greatness into people, but to elicit it, for the greatness is there already.”– John Buchan
157. “The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.”– Pearl Buck
158. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.”– Stephen Covey
159. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal — a commitment to excellence — that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”– Mario Andretti
160. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.”– Norman Vincent Peale
Don’t forget to also check out these Wednesday quotes for hump day motivation & inspiration.
Monday motivation quotes to elevate your mind
161. “Life is an adventure; we get out of it what we put into it.” – Richard Daly
162. “What starts on Monday should carry through to Friday; that is, enthusiasm. Have a great week!” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Friday quotes to help you reflect on an amazing week.
163. “You are rewarded in this world based on the value that you give to it.” – Jamie Alderton
164. “You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It’s just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.” – Paolo Coehlo
165. “I believe the first step in any success-sports, work, a service group, whatever-is showing up.” – David DeNotaris
166. “This should be the spirit every Monday. Know that something good will always happen.” – Gabriel García Márquez
167. “Monday is a good day to have a great day! It’s all in your attitude.” – Unknown
168. “Every day is different, and some days are better than others, but no matter how challenging the day, I get up and live it.” — Muhammad Ali
169. “Take a new look at your present ‘impossible.’ Consider positive ways to handle it.” – Norman Vincent Peale
170. “Monday won’t be so gloomy if you believe that something good is always bound to happen.” – Unknown
Monday motivation quotes to elevate your perspective
171. “You can win a lot in life just by being the last one to give up.” – James Clear
172. “You might not get the outcome you want in life, but you can become one of the few that put in the work.” – Shane Parrish
173. “You are never going to feel ready. Start anyways.” – Mel Robbins
174. “Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.” – Norman Ralph Augustine
175. “Focus on signal over noise. Don’t waste time on stuff that doesn’t actually make things better.” – Elon Musk
176. “How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself.” – Epictetus
177. “Mondays are the start of the workweek which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!” – David Dweck
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to check out our collection of Thursday quotes to inspire the end of your week.
178. “Here’s the only productivity tip you’ll ever need: do the most important thing first each day. Sounds simple. No one does it.” – James Clear
179. “By nature we are wise, kind, powerful, fearless, and absolutely unlimited.” – Byron Katie
180. “We must all either wear out or rust out, every one of us. My choice is to wear out.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Monday motivation quotes to help you succeed
181. “Success doesn’t just find you. You have to go out and get it.” – Unknown
182. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” –Henry David Thoreau
183. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
184. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
185. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
186. “The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.” – Bruce Feirstein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of insanity quotes to help you stay sane in the chaos that is life.
187. “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle and giving 110% all the time.” – Don Zimmer
188. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
189. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
190. “To be successful you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like.” – Mike Gafka
Monday morning quotes for extra motivation for the week
191. “Do what you can, with all you have, wherever you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
192. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
193. “Knowing is not enough we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
194. “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” – Albert Einstein
195. “The only limits to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
196. “The starting point of all achievement is desire.” – Napoleon Hill
197. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
198. “If you want to make a permanent change, stop focusing on the size of your problems and start focusing on the size of you!” – T. Harv Eker
199. “The future belongs to the competent. Get good, get better, be the best!” – Brian Tracy
200. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
Don’t forget to also check out these hustle quotes to motivate you.
Monday motivation quotes that will make your day wonderful
201. “Your attitude, more than anything, will influence your effectiveness.” – Pat Gelsinger
202. “Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.” – Anonymous
203. “Success comes with the attitude of success filled in one’s mind and
so comes failure with the attitude for failure in the mind.” – Mahesh Jethmalani
204. “A little progress each day adds up to big results.” – Unknown
205. “The difference between winners and ordinary people is winners follow through despite fear while others just dream and take no action.” – Calvin K. Lee
206. “Victory is in having done your best. If you’ve done your best, you’ve won.” – Billy Bowerman
207. “Life is about making an impact, changing things and leaving things better than you found them.” – Munmi Sarma
208. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
209. “When we train our minds to radiate positive view points, we will see positive results in our lives.” – John Vaulkner
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of positive energy quotes about the power of good vibes.
210. “Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached.” – Swami Vivekananda
More Monday motivation quotes and sayings to start the week
211. “Recently I realized that I have already lived more of my life than what I have left, and somehow that made me even more determined than ever to make the most of my time.” –
212. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” – Robert Schuller
213. “You gotta decide to be happy. Where you wanna live. What you wanna drive. You have to make a decision!” – Eric Thomas
214. “We are limited, but we can push back the borders of our limitations.” – Stephen R. Covey
215. “A champion is someone who does not settle for that day’s practice, that day’s competition, that day’s performance. They are always striving to be better. They don’t live in the past.” – Briana Scurry
216. “One small positive thought can change your whole day.” – Zig Ziglar
217. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” –
218. “I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.” – Jewish proverb
219. “I believe we are all capable of ‘achieving greatness,’ but the problem is that most of us don’t want to do the work.” – Herby Fabius
220. “The less you respond to negative people, the more positive your life will become.” – Paulo Coelho
You might also like these new beginning quotes about change and progress.
What do you think about these Monday motivation quotes?
Let’s face it—there are days when it feels like you are close to giving up. Despite the progress you may have made, you will come to a point of burnout. When a long week has left you discouraged, try not to be too stressed.
There is always time to re-center yourself and find inspiration to initiate a constructive and energetic mentality. Use these Monday motivation quotes to prepare you for greatness that lies ahead. Make it a happy Monday!
Did you enjoy the above quotes? Which of these Monday motivation quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
January 14, 2022 4:10 AM EST