Two things that we all enjoy is laughter and love and these funny love quotes have them both!
Love is a deep and powerful emotion. It is one of the things that most people search for in this lifetime.
However, it isn’t all serious, as every good romcom has shown us, there is a lighter side to love.
These funny love quotes are perfect for Instagram and even parts of a wedding speech (just make sure the newlyweds have a good sense of humor)!
Writing a speech for a wedding can be intimidating, so don’t be afraid to ask for some help or get inspiration from others.
The definition of love is: an intense feeling of deep affection.
Everyone has their own unique view of what love is (just look at the Paul Valery and Charles Schultz quotes).
Love might be patient and kind, but plenty of people also find humor and love go together.
In fact, a recent study from the University of Kansas explains why humor is an important part of romantic attraction.
Keep reading to learn more about why laughter and love have the perfect relationship!
Funny love quotes for Instagram
Put a photo with the quotes below and you have a perfect Instagram post! Which of the quotes would you use to post?
1. “I am yours. No refunds.” — Anita Bath
2. “Love is being stupid together.” — Paul Valery
3. “Love is sharing your popcorn.” — Charles Schultz
4. “I love you even when I’m really, really hungry.” — Holly Wood
5. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” — Albert Einstein
6. “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” — Jules Renard
7. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles M. Schulz
8. “You can’t put a price tag on love. But if you could, I’d wait for it to go on sale.” — Hussein Nishah
9. “As a man in a relationship, you have a choice: You can be right or you can be happy.” — Ralphie May
10. “Every day I fall in love with you more and more. Except yesterday, yesterday you were pretty annoying.” — Earl E. Bird
Funny love quotes for men
Here are some great quotes for men! Take a look and see which make you laugh the hardest!
11. “I love you in a way that’s nauseating to others.” — Dinah Mite
12. “Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.” — Oscar Wilde
13. “A kiss without a mustache is like an egg without salt.” — Spanish Proverb
14. “I promise to always be by your side. Or under you. Or on top.” — Joe King
15. “A guy knows he’s in love when he loses interest in his car for a couple of days.” — Tim Allen
16. “There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.” — Chris Rock
17. “I promise to always cop a feel when you’re trying to get ready in the morning.” — Upton O. Goode
18. “Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” — George Burns
19. “Who wears the pants in our relationship? We prefer it when neither of us are wearing pants.” — Felix Cited
20. “If you love them in the morning with their eyes full of crust; if you love them at night with their hair full of rollers, chances are, you’re in love.” — Miles Davis
Funny love quotes that will make women laugh
Now for some quotes for the women. Take a look and have a laugh!
21. “I love you more than coffee. But please don’t make me prove it.” — Gerry Attrick
22. “I love you even more than I am annoyed by you. Which is a lot.” — Brighton Early
23. “I love you with all my butt. I would say heart, but my butt is bigger.” — Emma Nate
24. “I love you no matter what you do, but do you have to do so much of it?” — Jean Illsley Clarke
25. “Whatever you may look like, marry a man your own age – as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.” — Phyllis Diller
26. “What’s the best way to have your husband remember your anniversary? Get married on his birthday.” — Cindy Garner
27. “I love you. You annoy me more than I ever thought possible. But I want to spend every irritating minute with you.” — Iona Mink
28. “I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They’ve experienced pain and bought jewelry.” — Rita Rudner
29. “I promise to love you, respect you, support you, and above all else, make sure I’m not just yelling at you because I’m hungry.” — Gladys Canby
30. “Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else.” — Jean Kerr
Funny love quotes for wedding speeches
If you have ever been or will be the best man or maid of honor we are providing some material for your speech! Take a look below and see which you would use in your speech.
31. “Love; A temporary insanity curable by marriage.” — Ambrose Bierce
32. “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.” — Henry Youngman
33. “A successful relationship requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
34. “The happiest marriage I can picture would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman.” — Samuel Taylor Coleridge
35. “Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh I put up with you. So we’re even.” — Mand Lynne
36. “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner
37. “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” — Joan Crawford
38. “Spend a few minutes a day really listening to your spouse. No matter how stupid his problems sound to you.” — Megan Mullally
39. “Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet service to see who they really are.” — Will Ferrell
40. “Marriage is not just spiritual communion and passionate embraces; marriage is also three-meals-a-day and remembering to carry out the trash.” — Joyce Brothers
Funny love quotes from movies
Check out these funny love quotes from some movies. Are any of the quotes from your favorite movie?
41. “Swoon. I’ll catch you.” — The English Patient
42. “I wish I knew how to quit you.” — Brokeback Mountain
43. “I like you. So there’s that. I guess I have that.” — Garden State
44. “I’d rather fight with you than make love with anyone else.” — The Wedding Date
45. “Love is patient, love is kind, love means slowly losing your mind.” — 27 Dresses
46. “Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.” — The Princess Bride
47. “What does your ‘I wanna kiss you face’ look like?” “It looks a lot like this.” — The Lovebirds
48. “Listen to me, mister. You’re my knight in shining armor. Don’t you forget it.” — On Golden Pond
49. “You don’t marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you cannot live without.” — P.S. I Love You
50. “I’ve fallen in love. I’m an ordinary woman. I didn’t think such violent things could happen to ordinary people.” — Brief Encounter
Take a moment and enjoy the lighter side of love
Sharing a laugh can bode well for your future relationship.
Laughter by itself is good for a person. It delivers more oxygen-rich air to your body.
Laughter also stimulates your heart, lungs and muscles.
While laughing your brain releases more endorphins.
Many of these endorphins are similar to those that are associated with love.
Attraction, affection, and sex all have chemical reactions in our brain. Love truly is complex!
We each love differently and value different things in our partners.
One quality that some people look for in a partner is humor.
Life is much easier to get through if your partner can make you laugh!
What are some ways you show love? Do you think that humor is an important quality in a partner?
Share on social media with your friends and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
September 12, 2022 8:00 AM EST