These movie quotes from Remember the Titans are about life, love, and leadership.
This biographical sports movie is based on the true story of African-American coach Herman Boone, who integrated the T. C. Williams High School football team in Alexandria, Virginia in 1971.
Tell us your favorite Remember the Titans quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these Remember the Titan quotes?
Remember the Titans is filled with touching moments and powerful quotes.
Read this list of memorable lines from the film to:
- fall in love with the cast and characters all over again
- learn about true leadership
- appreciate love
- better understand racial intolerance/tolerance
If you’re interested in sports, history, or great films, you’ll become a fan of this incredible movie.
The outstanding performances and compelling plot will tug at your heartstrings and make you feel empowered.
Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Boaz Yakin, the film stars Denzel Washington as coach Herman Boone, Will Patton as Bill Yoast, Ryan Hurst as Gerry Bertier, and Wood Harris as Julius Campbell.
Remember the Titans was released in 2000 and is widely regarded as one of the best football films of all time.
It received generally positive reviews and was nominated for and won several awards in 2000–2001.
These Remember the Titans quotes are some of the most memorable lines from the movie.
Keep this list of inspiring quotes in mind the next time you need to boost your motivation.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Remember the Titans quotes to make you feel empowered
1. “Attitude reflects leadership, captain.” – Julius Campbell, Wood Harris
You will also enjoy our article on famous movie quotes.
2. “This is no democracy. It is a dictatorship. I am the law.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
3. “Sometimes life is hard for no reason at all.” – Carol Boone, Nicole Ari Parker
4. “I’m a winner. I’m going to win.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
5. “Why the clouds, Sunshine?” – Petey Jones, Donald Faison
6. “Get back in there! You know what I’m talking about. You can’t be afraid of him!” – Coach Bill Yoast, Will Patton
7. “I swear to God, I’m gonna hit you so hard, by the time you come to, oooh boy, you’re gonna need a new haircut!” – Gerry Bertier, Ryan Hurst
8. “Man I just gave your momma a piggy-back ride and she weighs twice as much as I do!” – Louie Lastik, Ethan Suplee
9. “Whatever kind of ambition it took to do what you did around here, this world could use a lot more of it” – Carol Boone, Nicole Ari Parker
10. “In Virginia, high school football is a way of life, it’s bigger than Christmas day.” – Sheryl Yoast, Hayden Panettiere
Remember the Titans quotes to boost your motivation
11. “Now I may be a mean cuss. But I’m the same mean cuss with everybody out there on that football field.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
12. “I don’t scratch my head unless it itches and I don’t dance unless I hear some music. I will not be intimidated. That’s just the way it is.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
You will also enjoy our article on black and white quotes.
13. “I hope you boys have learned as much from me this year as I’ve learned from you.” – Coach Bill Yoast, Will Patton
You will also enjoy our article on Captain America quotes.
14. “Let me tell you something: you don’t let anyone come between us. Nothing tears us apart.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
You will also enjoy our article on Kill Bill quotes.
15. “The best player will play, color won’t matter.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
You will also enjoy our article on theatre quotes.
16. “Your team needs you tonight, you’re the colonel, you’re going to command your troops!” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
17. “You’ve taught this city how to trust the soul of a man rather than the look of him.” – Coach Bill Yoast, Will Patton
18. “We have our disagreements, of course, but before we reach for hate, always, always, we remember the Titans.” – Older Sheryl Yoast
19. “All right, now, I don’t want them to gain another yard! You blitz … all … night! If they cross the line of scrimmage, I’m gonna take every last one of you out!” – Coach Bill Yoast, Will Patton
20. “Alice, are you blind? Don’t you see the family resemblance? That’s my brother.” – Gerry Bertier, Ryan Hurst
You might also like these funny Waterboy quotes that will remind you that “you can do it”
Remember the Titans quotes to make you feel inspired, passionate, and determined
21. “People say that it can’t work, black and white; well here we make it work, everyday.” – Older Sheryl Yoast
22. “Now get on the bus. Put on your jacket first and get on the bus.” — Coach Boone
23. “Coach, I’m hurt. I’m not dead.” – Gerry Bertier, Ryan Hurst
24. “I’m not gonna talk to you tonight about winnin’ and losin’. You’re already winners ’cause you didn’t kill each other up at camp.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
25. “The way I see it, if these boys can fight a war together, they can play football together.” – Colonel William G. Bass, Andrew Masset
Which of these Remember the Titans quotes is your favorite line from the movie?
The best Remember the Titans quotes will make you feel inspired, passionate, and determined.
If you ever need a boost in motivation, think about the words of wisdom from this list of empowering quotes.
Remember the Titans is an incredible and powerful film that everyone should watch at least once.
The movie is filled with memorable lines and mantras that can give you a fresh perspective on life.
This collection of quotes from the movie will remind you why you fell in love with the Titans in the first place.
This movie, based on a true tale of bravery and leadership, will inspire you.
Read the incredible Remember the Titans quotes above to motivate yourself on the path to greatness.
This film will resonate with you even if you’re not interested in football or sports.
The above quotes highlight the courageous yet heartwarming nature of the movie.
What are your favorite Remember the Titans quotes and lines that make you want to rewatch the powerful film?
Let us know in the comment section below.