These movie quotes from Remember the Titans are about life, love, and leadership.
Remember the Titans is widely regarded as one of the best football films of all time. This biographical sports movie is based on the true story of African-American coach Herman Boone, who integrated the T. C. Williams High School football team in Alexandria, Virginia in 1971.
Remember the Titans is filled with touching moments and powerful quotes. Read this list of memorable lines from the film to fall in love with the cast and characters all over again.
If you’re interested in sports, history, or great films, you’ll become a fan of this incredible movie.
Remember the Titans is the amazing true tale of leadership, love, and racial tolerance. The outstanding performances and compelling plot will tug at your heartstrings and make you feel empowered.
These Remember the Titans quotes are some of the most memorable lines from the movie. Keep this list of inspiring quotes in mind the next time you need to boost your motivation.
Don’t forget to also read these Denzel Washington quotes on success, dreams and love.
Remember the Titans quotes to make you feel empowered
1. “Attitude reflects leadership, captain.” – Julius Campbell, Wood Harris
2. “This is no democracy. It is a dictatorship. I am the law.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
3. “Sometimes life is hard for no reason at all.” – Carol Boone, Nicole Ari Parker
4. “I’m a winner. I’m going to win.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
5. “Why the clouds, Sunshine?” – Petey Jones, Donald Faison
6. “Get back in there! You know what I’m talking about. You can’t be afraid of him!” – Coach Bill Yoast, Will Patton
7. “I swear to God, I’m gonna hit you so hard, by the time you come to, oooh boy, you’re gonna need a new haircut!” – Gerry Bertier, Ryan Hurst
8. “Man I just gave your momma a piggy-back ride and she weighs twice as much as I do!” – Louie Lastik, Ethan Suplee
9. “Whatever kind of ambition it took to do what you did around here, this world could use a lot more of it” – Carol Boone, Nicole Ari Parker
10. “In Virginia, high school football is a way of life, it’s bigger than Christmas day.” – Sheryl Yoast, Hayden Panettiere
Remember the Titans quotes to boost your motivation
11. “Now I may be a mean cuss. But I’m the same mean cuss with everybody out there on that football field.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
12. “I don’t scratch my head unless it itches and I don’t dance unless I hear some music. I will not be intimidated. That’s just the way it is.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
13. “I hope you boys have learned as much from me this year as I’ve learned from you. You’ve taught this city how to trust the soul of a man rather than the look of him. And I guess it’s about time I joined the club.” – Coach Bill Yoast, Will Patton
14. “Tonight we’ve got Hayfield. Like all the other schools in this conference, they’re all white. They don’t have to worry about race. We do. let me tell you something: you don’t let anyone come between us. Nothing tears us apart.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
15. “Everywhere we go — everywhere we go … people wanna know — people wanna know …. who we are — who we are, so we tell them — so we tell them … We are the Titans! … We are the Titans! … The mighty, mighty Titans! — The mighty, mighty Titans!” – Titans Team
16. “We’re in a fight. You boys are doing all that you can do. Anybody can see that. Win or lose … we gonna walk out of this stadium tonight with our heads held high. Do your best. That’s all anybody can ask for.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
17. “We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble the football, and I will break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts and then you will run a mile. Perfection. Let’s go to work.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
18. “You look like a bunch of fifth-grade sissies after a catfight! You got anger, that’s good you’re gonna need it, you got aggression that’s even better you’re gonna need that, too. But any little two-year-old child can throw a fit! Football is about controlling that anger, harnessing that aggression into a team effort to achieve perfection!” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
19. “All right, now, I don’t want them to gain another yard! You blitz … all … night! If they cross the line of scrimmage, I’m gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans! Leave no doubt!” – Coach Bill Yoast, Will Patton
20. “Alice, are you blind? Don’t you see the family resemblance? That’s my brother.” – Gerry Bertier, Ryan Hurst
You might also like these funny Waterboy quotes that will remind you that “you can do it”
Remember the Titans quotes to make you feel inspired, passionate, and determined
21. “Now, I ain’t saying that I’m perfect, ’cause I’m not. And I ain’t gonna never be. None of us are. But we have won every single game we have played till now. So this team is perfect. We stepped out on that field that way tonight.” – Julius Campbell, Wood Harris
22. “This is where they fought the battle of Gettysburg. Fifty thousand men died right here on this field, fighting the same fight that we are still fighting among ourselves today. This green field right here, painted red, bubblin’ with the blood of young boys. Smoke and hot lead pouring right through their bodies. Listen to their souls, men. I killed my brother with malice in my heart. Hatred destroyed my family. You listen, and you take a lesson from the dead. If we don’t come together right now on this hallowed ground, we too will be destroyed, just like they were.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
23. “Coach, I’m hurt. I’m not dead.” – Gerry Bertier, Ryan Hurst
24. “A water break? Water is for cowards. Water makes you weak. Water is for washing blood off that uniform and you don’t get no blood on my uniform, boy you must be outside your mind!” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
25. “Well, I met Coach Taber. He won’t let blacks play on his team. The way I see it, if these boys can fight a war together, they can play football together.” – Colonel William G. Bass, Andrew Masset
26. “Why don’t you tell your white buddies to block for Rev better? Because they have not blocked for him worth a plug nickel, and you know it! Nobody plays. Yourself included. I’m supposed to wear myself out for the team? What team? Nah, nah what I’m gonna do is look out for myself and I’ma get mine.” – Julius Campbell, Wood Harris
27. “I’m not gonna talk to you tonight about winnin’ and losin’. You’re already winners ’cause you didn’t kill each other up at camp.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
28. “My daddy coached in Alexandria, he worked so hard my momma left him, but I stayed with coach, he needed me on that field.” – Sheryl Yoast, Hayden Panettiere
29. “Particulars? Man, no matter what I tell you, you ain’t never gonna know nothing about me.” – Julius Campbell, Wood Harris
30. “Once you step on that bus you ain’t got your mama no more. You got your brothers on the team and you got your daddy. You know who your daddy is, doncha? Gary, if you want to play on this football team, you answer me when I ask you who is your daddy? Who’s your daddy, Gary? Who’s your daddy?” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Step Brothers quotes from the hit comedy.
Memorable Remember the Titans quotes
31. “Cause baby there ain’t no mountain high enough, ain’t no valley low enough …” – Blue Stanton, Earl Poitier
32. “I was afraid of you, Julius. I only saw what I was afraid of, and now I know I was only hating my brother.” – Gerry Bertier, Ryan Hurst
33. “Ladies and gentleman! I’ve got an announcement to make. We got Jerry Lewis, and Dean Martin going to camp with us this year. Jerry tells the jokes, Dean sings the songs and gets the girl. Let’s give em a round of applause.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
34. “Shut up. I don’t want to see your smilin’ and shuff in’ and hear all your minstrel show singing on this bus.” – Julius Campbell, Wood Harris
35. “Coach Boone, you did a good job up here. You ran a tough camp from what I can see.” – Sheryl Yoast, Hayden Panettiere
36. “The best player will play, color won’t matter.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
37. “Hey now, all that rubbin’ ain’t gonna make them golden locks grow back no faster, now, you know that, right?” – Petey Jones, Donald Faison
38. “We’re in a tough spot, coach. You, me, the whole city. I think it’d go a long way to smooth things over if you’d stay, work on the staff, be a defensive coordinator, assistant head coach.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
39. “There’s too much male bonding in here.” – Julius Campbell, Wood Harris
40. “I know football, and what you did with those boys. You were the right man for the job, Coach!” – Coach Bill Yoast, Will Patton
Don’t forget to also read these Letterkenny quotes and lines that will make you want to pack up and move to Canada.
Remember the Titans quotes to motivate you
41. “When all this is over… me and you are gonna move out to the same neighborhood together. OK? And, um … and we’ll get old, and we’ll get fat. And there ain’t gonna be all this black-white between us.” – Julius Campbell, Wood Harris
42. “Y’all are acting like a bunch of sissies! Quit it!” – Sheryl Yoast, Hayden Panettiere
43. “Honesty? You want honesty? Alright, honestly, I think you’re nothing. Nothing but a pure waste of God-given talent. You don’t listen to nobody, man! Not even Doc or Boone! Shiver push on the line every time and you blow right past ’em! Push ’em, pull ’em, do something! You can’t run over everybody in this league, and every time you do you leave one of your teammates hanging out to dry, me in particular!” – Gerry Bertier, Ryan Hurst
44. “Well I’m very happy to have the approval of a five-year-old.” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
You might also like these memorable Wednesday Addams quotes and snarky one-liners.
45. “I figured as long I’m going to be in school, I might as well hit some people while I’m at it.” – Louie Lastik, Ethan Suplee
46. “Why should I give a hoot about you?” – Julius Campbell, Wood Harris
47. “Yes you can. When I was fifteen years old I lost my mother and my father in the same month Ronnie, same month. Twelve brothers and sisters I was the youngest one of them, now I wasn’t ready either, but they needed me. Your team needs you tonight, you’re the colonel, you’re going to command your troops!” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
48. “Does the term ‘cruel and unusual punishment’ mean anything to you?” – Blue Stanton, Earl Poitier
49. “You’re a Hall of Famer in my book!” – Coach Herman Boone, Denzel Washington
50. “People say that it can’t work, black and white; well here we make it work, everyday.” – Older Sheryl Yoast
Also, check out these Sons of Anarchy quotes from the popular crime drama.
Other inspirational Remember the Titans quotes
51. “You ain’t doin’ these kids a favour by patronizing them. You crippling them. You crippling them for life.” – Coach Herman Boone
52. “I don’t care if you like each other of not, but you will respect each other. And maybe … I don’t know, maybe we’ll learn to play this game like men.” – Coach Herman Boone
53. “We have our disagreements, of course, but before we reach for hate, always, always, we remember the Titans.” – Older Sheryl Yoast
54. “In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power. Well that football field out there, that’s our universe. Let’s rule it like titans.” – Coach Herman Boone
55. “The world doesn’t give a damn about how sensitive these kids are, especially the young black kids. You ain’t doin’ these kids a favor by patronizing them. You crippling them; You crippling them for life.” – Coach Herman Boone
56. “Zero fun sir!” — Petey Jones, Donald Faison
57. “My favorite sports movies, I like ‘Remember the Titans’ and ‘Hoosiers’ Jimmy Chitwood, from the corner.” — Shaun Alexander
58. “Remember the Titans’ is one of my favorites, not so much because of the actual record, but because there’s so many different backstories.” — Joe Budden
59. “It’s kind of ironic that the only Super Bowl I’ve been to as a fan was when the Rams played the Titans. I was at that game. My grandpa, when he was still involved in the NFL, he got me tickets for my birthday.” — Sean McVay
60. “The movie, ‘Remember the Titans,’ is my favorite movie, staring Denzel Washington. I love the way in this movie the game of football brings those boys together, it unites those boys on that football field. It unites a whole town, black, white, old, young, rich and poor.” — Michael Irvin
Remember the Titans quotes from your favorite characters
61. “He kissed me!” — Bertier
62. “Sunshine!” — Petey Jones
63. “You dig your own grave.” — Referee
64. “Hey, hey, Lastik man, what happened to you?” — Petey Jones
65. “You have twelve brothers and sisters?” — Coach Paul ‘Doc’ Hines
66. “What is wrong with you?! Why are you fumblin’ my football?!” — Coach Boone
67. “Now get on the bus. Put on your jacket first and get on the bus.” — Coach Boone
68. “Alright! How many feet are in a mile? How many feet are in a mile?” — Coach Boone
69. “Does the term “cruel and unusual punishment” mean anything to you?” — Darryl “Blue” Stanton
70. “You call this game fair, or I’ll go to the papers. I don’t care if I go down with you, but before God I swear I’ll see every last one of you thrown in jail!” — Coach Yoast
Which of these Remember the Titans quotes is your favorite line from the movie?
The best Remember the Titans quotes will make you feel inspired, passionate, and determined.
If you ever need a boost in motivation, think about the words of wisdom from this list of empowering quotes.
Remember the Titans is an incredible and powerful film that everyone should watch at least once.
The movie is filled with memorable lines and mantras that can give you a fresh perspective on life. This collection of quotes from the movie will remind you why you fell in love with the Titans in the first place.
This movie, based on a true tale of bravery and leadership, will inspire you. Read the incredible Remember the Titans quotes above to motivate yourself on the path to greatness.
Even if you’re not interested in football or sports, this film will resonate with you. The above quotes highlight the courageous yet heartwarming nature of the movie.
What are your favorite Remember the Titans quotes and lines that make you want to rewatch the powerful film? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 22, 2022 9:24 AM EST