Check out these 50 old soul quotes for some new perspectives on life.
Do you feel like an old soul? Let us know in the comment section below!
Many people on earth today do.
Author Lachlan Brown posits that “Being an old soul is a gift, not a curse.”
Old souls are leaders. They are lifetime learners. They are groundbreakers.
Old souls are an important part of our world.
They are the advice givers, the holders of knowledge, the people who guide the rest of us. Alethia Luna reminds us that “The Old Soul is more inclined to be a lifelong learner, constantly feeding his thirst for insight through his own persistent efforts.”
New souls are excited and full of energy because they have so much new material and experience to gain.
Old souls are still exciting, but they have had lifetimes on earth and are often responsible for our growth as individuals and as a human collective.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Profound but short old soul quotes
1. “Being an old soul is a gift, not a curse.” — Lachlan Brown
2. “How I miss wandering around with old souls.” ― Virgil Kalyana Mittata Iordache
3. “She’s an old soul with young eyes, a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind.” ― Nicole Lyons
4. “People who have old souls don’t require outside validation of their worth or value.” — Lachlan Brown
5. “The reason old souls enjoy spending time alone is because they never really are.” — Unknown
6. “An old soul creates their own path while the rest of society follow each other like sheep.” — Lachlan Brown
7. “Falling in love for the first time is like an instant realization of just how old your soul is.” ― Jennifer Elisabeth
8. “Anyone who takes the time to attentively listen is either an old soul or a romantic one.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
9. “If the Old Soul has to work, any job will usually do.” ― Aletheia Luna, Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
10. “‘Everything is connected’ was probably a phrase first coined by an Old Soul.” ― Aletheia Luna, Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
Quotes about what draws other people to old souls
11. “In a world of sensationalized automated newsfeeds and fake news, old souls are now more needed than ever.” — Unknown
12. “Old in heart, old in mind, and old in soul, this person who finds his outlook on life vastly different and more matured than those around him.” — Alethia Luna
13. “Despite perhaps coming across as all-knowing, an old soul is keenly aware that they’re a student of the universe, not a teacher.” — Mary Grace Garis
14. “A new soul wants to be fresh and new and maybe have a more hedonistic lifestyle, while an old soul wants to go into the depths and learn.” — Karen Brailsford
15. “Many people are drawn to old souls, for they radiate a sense of peacefulness and inner strength that is captivating and reassuring.” — Carla Marie Manly
16. “Banality and toxic energy are non-existent in an old soul’s life. Instead, an old soul questions conventional wisdom and critically thinks for themselves.” — Lachlan Brown
17. “There is a beautiful thing inside you that is thousands of years old. Too old to be captured in poems. Too old to be loved by everyone but loved so very deeply by a chosen few.” — Nikita Gill
18. “Old souls are givers—but they don’t do this for attention. Rather, it is something that has been ingrained in them from the beginning. They’ve just always known it is better to give. And they do that with passion.” — Kym Klass
19. “When we talk about ‘old souls’ in the realm of psychology, we are often referring to those individuals who seem to have inherent wisdom and a grounded sense of being in the world—often far more than would be expected for someone their age.” — Carla Marie Manly
20. “A lot of people turn to others, the internet, their jobs, or another outside source of validation to make meaning in their lives, but as an old soul, you see the value of your experiences and what you bring to the table so there’s no need to exhaust your efforts in those areas.” — Lachlan Brown
What are old souls like quotes?
21. “‘Old soul.’ I laughed. ‘You’re Thirty.’ ‘It’s not the years, it’s the experience,’ he paused.” ― Maria V. Snyder, Sea Glass
22. “Given this truth, it’s clear that old souls are more interested in the depth of a story than the superficial details.” — Mary Grace Garis
23. “If you are an old soul, it’s likely that you have been referred to as more mature than your friends, even from a young age.” — Lachlan Brown
24. “Innately, the Old Soul carries a sense of world-wariness as he stands on the outside, looking in.” ― Aletheia Luna, Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
25. “Be grateful if you look younger than your age while also being wiser than many of your contemporaries. It means the fire of your Old Soul is alive and well.” ― Omar Cherif
26. “It’s very uncommon to find Old Souls in prestigious careers unless they have some higher purpose at play behind the scenes.” ― Aletheia Luna, Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
27. “Old souls are humble enough to acknowledge that life is random and surprising, but are comforted by the fact that they can always choose how to react from what happens.” — Lachlan Brown
28. “The Old Soul is more inclined to be a lifelong learner, constantly feeding his thirst for insight through his own persistent efforts.” ― Aletheia Luna, Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
29. “Respectable and elite careers are of no interest to the Old Soul who is much too tired to join in with the “my house is bigger than your house” games of society.” ― Aletheia Luna, Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
30. “It will always be difficult for an old soul to satisfy the expectations of the new culture; because as an old soul you will always prefer to fall in love with everything that has a soul too, you will understand and feel the pain of others, you will be generous, giving nonstop no matter what, you won’t ever follow the crowd but you’ll choose to follow your own path instead, you will value a deep conversation and a loving halo, you always be thankful for the simplest pleasures in life.” ― Samiha Totanji
Old soul quotes about being introverted and other personality traits
31. “And if you find yourself bound to home as much as possible, then you’re definitely an old soul.” — Lachlan Brown
32. “People who have old souls don’t have to look far outside themselves to find what really makes them happy.” — Lachlan Brown
33. “People who have old souls are often found at home. It is where they feel safe and secure. It’s where they are happiest.” — Lachlan Brown
34. “Old souls may also feel somewhat isolated, as they can see through much of the illusion and separation in modern culture.” — Karen Brailsford
35. “As all is passing, the Old Soul understands the importance of non-attachment to physical and immaterial things.” ― Aletheia Luna, Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
36. “Amongst some of the Old Soul’s greatest achievements in life include the ability to live with inner peace, even amid the troubles of life.” ― Aletheia Luna, Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
37. “Old souls are certainly introspective, but they don’t only think about themselves; they’re known to be thoughtful in a broader way, and they enjoy collecting, connecting, appreciating, and learning.” — Mary Grace Garis
38. “It’s not uncommon for the Old Soul to experience some measure of depression, apathy or existential lethargy when it comes to living everyday life.” ― Aletheia Luna, Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
39. “As an old soul, you get tired out around people quite easily. Some old souls would identify as introverts, but it’s more than that: if you are an old soul, you feel like both your body, mind, and soul need rest.” — Lachlan Brown
40. “Old souls are misunderstood for several things. For possibly appearing standoffish. For their desire to be alone—read, introvert. For acting withdrawn. They are deep thinkers. They could be considered daydreamers. And more often than not, when they speak, the attention quickly and quietly moves to them because you know they’ve been waiting for just the right time to say just the right, meaningful thing.” — Kym Klass
Old soul quotes about reincarnation and this life
41. “I am certain that I have been here as I am now a thousand times before, and I hope to return a thousand times.” — Goethe
42. “Some people say an old soul is simply more mature than those around them. But that doesn’t tell the full story.” — Lachlan Brown
43. “And I am a vintage soul my love; that’s trapped in a young body. An old soul that struggles to fit in this plastic world…” ― Samiha Totanji
44. “The soul comes from without into the human body, as into a temporary abode, and it goes out of it anew… it passes into other habitations, for the soul is immortal.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “Old souls come into this life with an agenda to experience and complete karma, while new souls want to make form out of light, and experience what it’s like to be a being in a body.” — Randi Merzon
46. “The concept of the old soul is inspired by the idea that our bodies are containers for spirit, and an old soul is someone who continues to reincarnate in order to heal or complete karmic agreements.” — Randi Merzon
47. “As an old soul, you know that it’s up to you to make it through this life in one piece. And you ensure that you take time everyday to reflect on what has transpired in order to learn about how you can move forward in life.” — Lachlan Brown
48. “As such, the new souls’ experience is a bit more lighthearted, where being an old soul can feel heavy. But in addition to that, because the old soul comes to this life with more experience and understanding, they’re able to handle obstacles and challenges with greater clarity.” — Randi Merzon
49. “A more common explanation for the feeling of being Old in Soul is tied up in Buddhist and Hindu ideas of reincarnation, or metempsychosis. Interestingly, this is most likely where the origin of the phrase “Old Soul” came from in the first place.” ― Aletheia Luna, Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
50. “‘Do you have any idea how many lives we must have gone through before we even got the first idea that there is more to life than eating, or fighting, or power in the Flock? A thousand lives, Jon, ten thousand!… We choose our next world through what we learn in this one… But you, Jon, learned so much at one time that you didn’t have to go through a thousand lives to reach this one.’” — Richard Bach
Interesting thoughts on being an old soul
Psychologist Carla Marie Manly explains how, “When we talk about ‘old souls’ in the realm of psychology, we are often referring to those individuals who seem to have inherent wisdom and a grounded sense of being in the world—often far more than would be expected for someone their age.”
Being an old soul is indeed a gift rather than a curse, as pointed out in these old soul quotes.
However, it does not mean the experiences of an old soul are all butterflies and rainbows only.
As Aletheia Luna reminds us, “It’s not uncommon for the Old Soul to experience some measure of depression, apathy or existential lethargy when it comes to living everyday life.”
Life on earth can become monotonous for those who are not living their highest excitement.
It can also feel like a limiting or challenging experience to be an old soul surrounded by young souls who have different goals and expectations.
What are your thoughts? Let us know your favorite old soul quote in the comment section below.
September 5, 2022 9:00 AM EST