80 Air Quotes That Remind You to Take a Deep Breath
August 25, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Air is all around us, even though we can’t see it.
It’s a good thing too, since we need it to breathe!
You may also enjoy our article on:
There are many benefits to getting outside, experiencing nature, and breathing the fresh air.
These air quotes inspire us and remind us to stop and take a deep breath.
Fresh air aids in digesting our food more effectively.
Getting outside also helps keep us calm, which improves our blood pressure and helps to regulate our heart rate.
Being outside in fresh hair keeps us physically healthier by strengthening the immune system.
A good long nature walk also helps reduce obesity rates.
It is also a great opportunity to observe the world around you and do some thinking.
A breath of fresh air can work wonders, especially if it’s a beautiful sunny day outside with a light breeze.
If you are lucky enough to hear the ocean where you are, these sea air quotes will be easy to relate to!
Don’t forget to check out these soothing breathe quotes to help you relax.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Air quotes about sunshine, the sea, and other marvels of nature
1. “Some old-fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.” ― Laura Ingalls Wilder
2. “By all means never fail to get all the sunshine and fresh air you can.” ― Joseph Pilates
3. “The air is the only place free from prejudice.” ― Bessie Coleman
You will also enjoy our article on waves quotes.
4. “Air and manners are more expressive than words.” — Samuel Richardson
You will also enjoy our article on sunshine quotes.
5. “The air of summer was sweeter than wine.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
You will also enjoy our article on bubble quotes.
6. “The air of one’s native country is the most healthy air.” — Anton Chekhov
You will also enjoy our article on cloud quotes.
7. “The water is clearer than the air, and the air is the air that angels breathe.” ― Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on fire quotes.
8. “Every breath of air we take is coming from the ocean.” ― Jean-Michel Cousteau
You will also enjoy our article on bird quotes.
9. “O, thou art fairer than the evening air clad in the beauty of a thousand stars.” — Christopher Marlowe
You will also enjoy our article on water quotes.
10. “Wind is a floating wave of air, whose undulation continually varies.” — Vitruvius
You will also enjoy our article on sunset quotes.
Inspirational air quotes
11. “The air of England has long been too pure for a slave, and every man is free who breathes it.” ― James Mansfield
You will also enjoy our article on beach quotes and captions.
12. “We don’t appreciate what we have until it’s gone. Freedom is like that. It’s like air. When you have it, you don’t notice it.” ― Boris Yeltsin
You will also enjoy our article on military quotes.
13. “Air is the very substance of our freedom, the substance of superhuman joy…. aerial joy is freedom.” ― Gaston Bachelard
You will also enjoy our article on intention quotes.
14. “Because forgiveness is like this: a room can be dark because you have closed the windows, you’ve closed the curtains. But the sun is shining outside, and the air is fresh outside. In order to get that fresh air, you have to get up and open the window and draw the curtains apart.” ― Desmond Tutu
You will also enjoy our article on spring quotes.
15. “Breathe in the fresh air of the freedom to create your own mood rather than the stale air of being a prisoner of circumstance.” ― MJ Durkin
You will also enjoy our article on magic quotes.
16. “I love the feeling of the fresh air on my face and the wind blowing through my hair.” — Evel Knievel
You will also enjoy our article on sunshine quotes and sayings.
17. “If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.” — Henry David Thoreau
18. “Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies.” ― Erich Fromm
19. “I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought.” ― Helen Keller
20. “The air is crowded with birds—beautiful, tender, intelligent birds—to whom life is a song.” — George Henry Lewes
Air quotes about healing and health
21. “Radical self-care is quantum, and radiates out into the atmosphere, like a little fresh air.” ― Anne Lamott
22. “There is nothing like the cure of fresh air for cases of bladder infection, paranoia, and Cartesian thinking.” ― Rawi Hage
23. “The body needs the rejuvenation that comes from exercise. Walking in the fresh air can be exhilarating and refreshing.” ― Ezra Taft Benson
24. “Living indoors without fresh air quickly poisons the blood and makes people feel tired and seedy when they don’t know why. For myself, I sleep out of doors in winter as well as summer. I only feel tired or seedy when I have been indoors a lot. I only catch cold when I sleep in a room.” ― Robert Baden-Powell
25. “Unexpected change can be like a breath of fresh air a little brisk at first, but magic for the body and soul.” ― Susan Wiggs
26. “Fresh air is good if you do not take too much of it; most of the achievements and pleasures of life are in bad air.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes
27. “The air is all softness.” — John Keats
28. “I know that you don’t believe it, but indeed, life will bring you through. You will live it down in time. What you need now is fresh air, fresh air, fresh air!” ― Fyodor Dostoevsky
29. “To keep the air fresh among words is the secret of verbal cleanliness.” — Dejan Stojanovic
Air quotes about the mind and human emotions
30. “Open the window of your mind. Allow the fresh air, new lights and new truths to enter.” ― Amit Ray
31. “Fresh air is as good for the mind as for the body. Nature always seems trying to talk to us as if she had some great secret to tell. And so she has.” ― John Lubbock
32. “You can’t change who you are, but you can change what you have in your head, you can refresh what you’re thinking about, you can put some fresh air in your brain.” ― Ernesto Bertarelli
33. “Air is beautiful, yet you cannot see it. It’s soft, yet you cannot touch it. Air is a little like my brain.” ― Jean-Claude Van Damme
34. “Be thankful for a breath of fresh air to be alive and well. Allow love and happiness to penetrate throughout your mind and soul. Take time to relax and live in the moment, the now, the present. Enjoy today.” ― Amaka Imani Nkosazana
35. “I believe in the hands that work, in the brains that think, and in the hearts that love… I believe in sunshine, fresh air, friendship, calm sleep, beautiful thoughts.” ― Elbert Hubbard
36. “Asking yourself deeper questions opens up new ways of being in the world. It brings in a breath of fresh air. It makes life more joyful. The real trick to life is not to be in the know, but to be in the mystery.” ― Fred Alan Wolf
37. “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.” — Henry Rollins
38. “There are some people who walk into a room and they oxygenate it, by their very being there’s fresh air. Then there are those who come in with the smell of death and they suck the life out.” ― Peter Mullan
39. “The very air in which you live is an inspiration.” — William Henry
40. “Best way to clear the air is to have it all out in the open.” — Harper Lee
Air quotes about the air we breathe
41. “Culture is the air we breathe all around us.” ― Josh Fox
42. “The air of ideas is the only air worth breathing.” ― Edith Wharton
43. “The air has finally gotten to the place that we can breathe it together.” ― Septima Poinsette Clark
44. “The air we see in the paintings of the old masters is never the air we breathe.” ― Edgar Degas
45. “This air we breathe is precious, and the glaciers helped me understand that and stay focused on that.” ― James Balog
46. “Happy the man whose wish and care a few paternal acres bound, content to breathe his native air in his own ground.” ― Alexander Pope
47. “The air we breathe is necessary to keep us alive, but we must continually breathe it out so we can breathe fresh air back into our lungs. God gives us his love, which we can keep in action by breathing it out to others, thus making room in our hearts for a fresh supply of love.” ― John Templeton
48. “Air, an undervalued necessity, that earns your gratitude when you inhale it for the last time.” — Shaun Neil King
49. “It’s a big deal in my city to have a breath of fresh air.” ― Donnis
50. “It might be hard to believe, but the air in prison is different. There’s like one thousand people sucking on the one little piece of fresh air until it turns stale.” — Sister Souljah
More air quotes that we can all relate to
51. “Air, I should explain, becomes wind when it is agitated.” ― Lucretius
52. “I miss your fragrance, sometimes I miss it this much that I can clearly smell you in the air.” ― Qaisar Iqbal Janjua
53. “Breathing dreams like air.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
54. “Love is in the air but the air is highly polluted.” ― Amit Abraham
55. “Disappointments are to the soul what a thunderstorm is to the air.” ― Friedrich Schiller
56. “Singing from your heart is like fresh air that heal you again from the pollution around you.” ― Ahmed Farrag
57. “Give it air & let the scar on your soul reveal itself, because, like the body, it too was made to heal itself.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
58. “Mind your words, for the wind is sentient.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
59. “God uses fire to teach us about water. He uses earth to explain the value of air. He uses death to show us the importance of life.” ― Paulo Coelho
60. “Out in the open air the world is more alive.” ― Jessica Marie Baumgartner
Insightful air quotes to contemplate on
61. “Sweet life continues in the breeze, in the golden fields.” ― Jack Kerouac
62. “An open mind is like an open window. It lets the fresh air in.” ― Mike Hernacki
63. “To breathe, we do not only need air and lungs, we need freedom.” ― Mehmet Ildan
64. “Gratitude is like love or fresh air – you can’t get too much of it.” ― Danielle LaPorte
65. “I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run to escape the ordinary.” ― Dean Karnazes
66. “A breeze, a forgotten summer, a smile, all can fit into a storefront window.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
67. “Fresh air and exercise. That’s all you need to stay slim and feel better about life.” ― Kaitie Hopkins
68. Breathe fresh air, be around positive people, spend sometime alone for well being of yourself.” ― Umang Panchal
69. “The air moves like a river and carries the clouds with it; just as running water carries all the things that float upon it.” ― Leonardo da Vinci
70. “I’ve heard them say love is in the air, and I never stopped breathing since.” ― Seddik Jelouane
Air Quotes To Make You Feel Relaxed
71. “Live in each season as it passes: breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit.” ― Henry David Thoreau
72. “Music to me is the air I breathe, it’s the blood that pumps through my veins that keeps me alive.” ― Billie Joe Armstrong
73. “We’ve got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?” ― Lee Iacocca
74. “Wherever wind visits, there it freshens the air; wherever wisdom visits, there it freshens the mind!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
75. “She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.” ― Annie Dillard
76. “People need meaning as much as they need air. Lucky for us, we can give meaning to each other for free. Just by being alive.” ― Daniel H. Wilson
77. “You can’t write a song out of thin air, you have to feel and know what you are writing about.” ― Irving Berlin
78. “The only depth where I can breathe, and don’t need to fight for air, is in your love.” ― Anthony Liccione
79. “We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr
80. “Everywhere was singing, all over the house was singing, and outside the house was alive with singing, and the very air was song.” ― Richard Llewellyn
What did you learn from these air quotes?
It is currently -17 degrees outside, so getting some fresh air will not happen today.
However, my crazy husband is going to go running in this!
I hope his lungs don’t freeze, but the air will be good for his brain.
Fresh air improves brain function and can make us more productive at work; all the more reason to take a nice lunchtime stroll.
Air also helps us produce clean and renewable energy.
Even though air is everywhere, wind turbines need a steady source of wind, so you can’t just put them anywhere.
Air can also be a source of entertainment.
Sometimes, I think flying in a hot-air balloon would be fun because, unlike on a plane, you can feel the air on your face and float.
However, I also like my feet on the ground, so I usually settle for flying a kite instead.
I also love the water, so sailing would be a fun option.
What is your favorite windy activity?
Do you have any other inspirational air quotes and sayings to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.