Jenni Rivera was told she would never make it in music.
So she became one of the greatest artists in the regional Mexican music genre in modern times.
We hope you enjoy these Jenni Rivera quotes.
Born in Long Beach, California in 1969, Jenni was the daughter of Mexican immigrants.
She was a straight-A student until her sophomore year when she became a teenage mother at 15.
Instead of dropping out of school, Jenni continued to get her GED and became valedictorian of her graduating class.
Jenni began her music career in the mid-1990s.
As a curvy young mother, Jenni was not what the music industry was looking for, especially in the male-dominated regional Mexican music genre.
Despite having doors slammed, and her CDs thrown away right in front of her face, Jenni persisted until she finally found success.
Enjoy these Jenni Rivera quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Maria Felix quotes that reveal a lot about the Mexican diva.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Jenny Rivera quotes and sayings about mindset
1. “Thank you for accepting me as I am, with my virtues and defects.” — Jenni Rivera
2. “Perhaps trying to move away from my problems and focus on the positive is the best I can do.” — Jenni Rivera
3. “I can’t get caught up in the negative because that destroys you.” — Jenni Rivera
4. “My ass is big because a lot of people have to kiss it.” — Jenni Rivera
5. “You work hard and you have expectations. So I’m living my expectations right now.” — Jenni Rivera
Empowering Jenni Rivera quotes
6. “I’m just being myself. To me, that people are interested in Jenni, not necessarily the artist, but the woman… it amazes me still.” — Jenni Rivera
7. “It doesn’t bother me at all that some people think I am too outspoken.” — Jenni Rivera
8. “I realized going back and writing and explaining in details the difficulties I had lived actually became emotional again. It’s like therapy but sometimes therapy can be painful. But it’s part of life and part of the autobiography so I’ll have to finish it sooner or later.” — Jenni Rivera
9. “Malandrinas’ means ‘bad girls,’ but not bad in a negative way. I wrote it in homage to my female fans.” — Jenni Rivera
10. “Whatever you do, Mija, do your best. Be different from everyone. Stand out.” — Jenni Rivera
11. “I am a woman like any other and ugly things happen to me like any other women.” — Jenni Rivera
Jenni Rivera quotes about love, music and her career
12. “I’m really in touch with my fans. Through their emails, letters and stories is how I decide what music I’m going to perform.” — Jenni Rivera
13. “I am the same as the public as my fans.” — Jenni Rivera
14. “I want to be the Mexican-American Oprah Winfrey. That’s a small goal, isn’t it? That’s something that I want. And of course not just to host, I want to OWN it! So, that’s in my future.” — Jenni Rivera
15. “Being a recording artist, selling music, selling concerts out, having a reality show, starting film; it’s great, it’s beautiful.” — Jenni Rivera
16. “I made a living out of singing Mexican music.” — Jenni Rivera
17. “The people in the industry tried to make me change. If you want to make it in this genre, they said, you have to do this or that. A lot of women had to do sexual favors to get played on the radio. Fuck that. I wouldn’t do it. I wanted to make it based on my talent or not at all.” — Jenni Rivera
18. “I’ve been recording since 1993. It was a hobby for six of those years. In 1999, I decided to do it full time and take it seriously.” — Jenni Rivera
19. “My inspiration is always what I think my fans want to listen to. I often write about social problems. If I’m not going through it or I haven’t gone through it, I want to make sure it touches someone. That’s what I base my music on.” — Jenni Rivera
20. “Mexican music runs through my veins. I loved it. Growing up, my father didn’t allow us to listen to English music at home. That’s all I heard. I had no choice.” — Jenni Rivera
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of SZA quotes about life and being yourself.
Motivational Jenni Rivera quotes
21. “The number of times I have fallen down is the number of times I have gotten up.” — Jenni Rivera
22. “No one else has ever opened doors for me. I opened them myself.” — Jenni Rivera
23. “I’m happy for the success that I’ve had, but I’ve worked so hard at it.” — Jenni Rivera
24. “I had no choice but to work hard. I was a straight-A student, went to college, and I loved business.” — Jenni Rivera
25. “The key to success in life is getting up early.” — Jenni Rivera
Did these Jenni Rivera quotes inspire you?
Jenni Rivera was a woman who knew how to go after her dreams.
After repeatedly having the door slammed in her face, she persisted until she finally found success.
After signing with Sony, she would go on to win the Lo Nuestro Award for Regional Mexican Female Artist of the Year nine consecutive years in a row, star in and produce her own television show, and win two Oye!
Awards (Mexico’s equivalent to the Grammy’s in the United States).
Unfortunately, Rivera would die before her time in a plane crash in 2012.
Following her death, Rivera’s Oscar-worthy film debut Filly Brown was released as well as her final album and autobiography.
Did you enjoy these Jenni Rivera quotes and lyrics?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below.