Raise a toast for these elegant tequila quotes.
Tequila has a rich origin story, and our quotes celebrate that history.
Is tequila healthy alcohol?
Well, yes and no.
Consuming any alcohol can be detrimental to your health.
Many alcoholic drinks contain high amounts of sugar, carbohydrates, and empty calories.
Compared to wines, beers, hard seltzers, and hard ciders, tequila includes no sugar, carbohydrates, and fewer calories.
That does not make it “healthy,” but it makes it a better choice.
Below are some interesting facts about tequila:
- Aztec people produced fermented agave back in 1000 B. C.
- The name of the liquid they made is plaque.
- Plaque was significant during ceremonies to communicate with the gods.
Mayahuel and Petecatl were the gods known for their relationship with alcohol.
When the Spanish arrived to colonize the Americas, they discovered the plaque beverage and took a liking to it.
In the 1600s, Spanish liquor producers went to Tequila, Jalisco, to construct the first distillery.
Lee Marvin once joked, “Tequila. Straight. There’s a real polite drink. You keep drinking until you finally take one more, and it just won’t go down. Then you know you’ve reached your limit.”
The tequila in your margarita or tequila sunrise comes from the blue agave plant.
The agave plant has been helping humanity get loose for over three thousand years!
By 1758 the Cuervo family was distilling large amounts of tequila commercially.
Cheers to you!
Tequila gets the party started.
Check out our awesome tequila quotes below.
Don’t forget to also read these whiskey quotes about the smooth alcoholic drink.
Hilarious tequila quotes
If tequila could speak, it would have some hilarious things to say; these quotes “from tequila” are relatable to nearly everyone who occasionally overindulges in tequila.
1. “I vote for tequila!” — Tequila
2. “Trust me, you can dance.” — Tequila
3. “Don’t be shy. Send that 12th unanswered text!” — Tequila
4. “Forget tacos. Can we celebrate Tequila Tuesday?” — Tequila
5. “Tequila is like duct tape; it fixes nearly everything.” — Tequila
6. “Tequila probably won’t fix your problems, but it’s worth a shot.” — Tequila
7. “Hakuna Tequila. It means no memories for the rest of your night.” — Tequila
8. “I wonder if there is a margarita out there somewhere thinking about me, too.” — Tequila
9. “Exercise makes you look and feel good naked. So does tequila, your choice!” — Tequila
10. “I always take life with a grain of salt…plus a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.” — Tequila
Tequila quotes for shirts
These tequila quotes would look great on a shirt.
11. “It was too much tequila, or not quite enough.” — Jimmy Buffett
12. “I never drink tequila during the day, and I don’t drive at night.” — Sammy Hagar
13. “Sublime is something you choke on after a shot of tequila.” — Mark Z. Danielewski
14. “A little tequila, sunshine, and tacos never hurt anybody.” — Matthew McConaughey
15. “Drinking tequila is more about the journey than the destination.” — Rainbow Rowell
16. “I drink Jack Daniels. I drink tequila. But you do it in moderation.” — Michael Anthony
17. “Pour me another tequila. I’m going to put on your red satin dress. You put on my clothes.” — Bobby Bare
18. “I saw Tequila Sunrise as a romantic picture with complex, bigger—than—life characters.” — Conrad Hall
19. “I knew I hated straight shots of anything except tequila. I was definitely a tequila girl.” — Wendy Higgins
20. “O tequila, savage water of sorcery, what confusion and mischief your sly, rebellious drops do generate.” — Tom Robbins
Funny tequila quotes
These quotes about tequila are guaranteed to make you chuckle.
21. “I like my tequila like I like my friends, neat and to the point.” — Anonymous
22. “I used to drink beer and smoke pot before I played. Now I drink tequila and smoke pot. So it’s a little different.” — Tre Cool
23. “I’ve been drinking tequila for a long time now, and it’s never been about drinking to get drunk. I don’t do that.” — Sammy Hagar
24. “I enjoy tequila, which has a strange effect on people, and it makes parties more fun than warm white wine.” — Simon Sebag Montefiore
25. “I like to go dancing, having a few beers. I like being alone, too. I have days where it’s “God, get me a shot of tequila.” — Justine Bateman
26. “I was drinking tequila, and I woke up in the morning, and there was no one there, except the worm and myself were still there.” — John Phillips
27. “I had no intention of drinking tequila with Quinn. Quinn plus tequila equaled quinquelia, and that sounded like something that happens in Mexican jails.” — Penny Raid
28. “He crawled to the refrigerator and got out three lemons and some cubes, found the tequila, and set about restoring order to his nervous system.” — Thomas Pynchon
29. “I’d rather read something that I like or watch a program I enjoy or ride my damn motorcycle or throw back a couple of shots of tequila with my friends.” — Queen Latifah
30. “Tequila. Straight. There’s a real polite drink. You keep drinking until you finally take one more, and it just won’t go down. Then you know you’ve reached your limit.” — Lee Marvin
Tequila quotes about friends
Tequila is enjoyed best with friends.
31. “I saw Tequila Sunrise as a romantic picture with complex, bigger-than-life characters.” — Conrad Hall
32. “I knew I hated straight shots of anything except tequila. I was definitely a tequila girl.” — Wendy Higgins
33. “We should all believe in something, and I believe it’s time for another shot of tequila.” — Justin Timberlake
34. “Very few people have that effect. Very few people are tequila and champagne at the same time.” — Fredrik Backman
35. “If you want to make some memories, add some tequila. It was too much Tequila, or not quite enough.” — Jimmy Buffett
36. “Take life with a pinch of salt, a shot of tequila, and a wedge of lime, so nothing at all but take your time.” — John Walter Bratton
37. “Take life with a pinch of salt, a shot of tequila, and a wedge of lime, so nothing at all, but take your time.” — John Walter Bratton
38. “I like to go dancing, having a few beers. I like being alone, too. I have days where it’s ‘God, get me a shot of tequila.’” — Justine Bateman
39. “I was drinking tequila, and I woke up in the morning, and there was no one there, except the worm and myself were still there.” — John Phillips
40. “If I have a near beer, I’m near beer. And if I’m near beer, I’m close to tequila. And if I’m close to tequila, I’m adjacent to cocaine.” — Craig Ferguson
Fun tequila quotes
Tequila is synonymous with fun.
41. “Tequila is my salmon.” — Eddie Redmayne
42. “And no one drank just one shot of tequila.” — Kristin Hannah
43. “One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor!” — George Carlin
44. “At least you don’t need a prescription for tequila.” — Rachel Vincent
45. “Tequila makes me dream up things like dance battles.” — Rachel Hollis
46. “Stop trying to make everyone happy. You’re not tequila.” — Emmy Rossum
47. “Lust tastes like tequila, and love tastes like whiskey.” — Jackson Rathbone
48. “Sublime is something you choke on after a shot of tequila.” — Mark Danielewski
49. “Tequila is not even a drink; it’s a way for having the cops around without using a phone.” — Dylan Moran
50. “When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life gave them Tequila and have a party.” — Ron White
Cheers to your health
The tequila from the past has kept true to its original form.
Today’s tequila production process still includes blue agave.
By the early 1900s, tequila had built a reputation and created a lane for itself as a spirit.
Tequila became popular during prohibition when alcohol from Mexico was easily accessible.
In 1936 an Irish bartender in Mexico created a drink called the Tequila Daisy.
In Spanish, the word for daisy is margarita.
This drink would become one of the most popular in the world.
In 1974, the Government of Mexico declared tequila the intellectual property of Mexico.
Tequila is also a beverage people enjoy when making the most out of a difficult situation.
Comedian Ron White quipped, “When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life gave them Tequila and have a party.”
People worldwide have recognized tequila as a party starter or an ender.
Do you like tequila?
Let us know your favorite tequila quotes and sayings in the comments below.