The world loved him for the way he could find humor in almost anything, and these George Carlin quotes about life and politics will make you think.
Ready for a laugh?
You’re in the right place!
There are few who are as influential as the great George Carlin.
What he has contributed to American culture, and humanity itself, goes beyond any earthly limitations.
Although his work of dark humor sparked controversy, Carlin presented witty and thought-provoking perspectives on our society that continue to echo throughout the world.
A true light like Carlin’s is never snuffed.
It survived through satirical words and the craftsmanship of evoking laughter, while sharing his wisdom with those around him.
These George Carlin quotes embody his infectious personality and whimsical outlook, offering a much needed dose of laughter, irony, and reassurance in this crazy and disorderly life.
Also check out our collection of Dave Chappelle quotes and sayings that are hilarious and insightful.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Funny George Carlin quotes about life and love
1. “The planet is fine. The people are fucked.” – George Carlin
2. “Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things.” – George Carlin
Make sure to check out our collection of pet quotes that celebrate our animal loved ones.
3. “Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.” – George Carlin
4. “That’s why they call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.” – George Carlin
5. “Electricity is really just organized lightning.” – George Carlin
6. “May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.” – George Carlin
7. “Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” – George Carlin
8. “Just ‘cause you got the monkey off your back doesn’t mean that the circus has left town.” – George Carlin
9. “If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you’re going to have selfish, ignorant leaders.” – George Carlin
10. “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” – George Carlin
You will also enjoy our article on funny inspirational quotes.
The best George Carlin quotes for a good laugh
11. “Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.” – George Carlin
12. “Conservatives say if you don’t give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they’ve lost all incentive because we’ve given them too much money.” – George Carlin
13. “Don’t just teach your children to read…teach them to question everything that they read…teach them to question everything.” – George Carlin
14. “We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
15. “Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body.” – George Carlin
16. “Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.” – George Carlin
17. “In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem.” – George Carlin
18. “When fascism comes to America, it will not be in brown and black shirts. It will not be with jack-boots. It will be Nike sneakers and Smiley shirts.” – George Carlin
19. “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.” – George Carlin
20. “If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” – George Carlin
Remember to also check out our collection of hilarious Talladega Nights quotes.
Quotes from George Carlin about politics and work
21. “I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It’s so fuckin’ heroic.” – George Carlin
22. “Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.” – George Carlin
23. “Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
24. “We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
25. “There’s no present. There’s only the immediate future and the recent past.” – George Carlin
Don’t forget to also read these hilarious Rodney Dangerfield quotes.
Which of these George Carlin quotes made you smile?
Everyone is allowed to take a moment and laugh at life’s varying complications.
We need those chances to let loose, find our grounding, and flush out our trivial worries.
Let the words of George Carlin inspire you to live a life full of love, courage, and happiness.
Use these excerpts as a reminder not to take things so seriously.
The next time you find yourself needing an escape from reality, read these George Carlin quotes and chuckle to yourself, knowing everything is going to be okay.
August 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST