It is easy to relate to these pick-me-up quotes—no matter who you are or what you are going through!
These inspirational pick me up quotes are perfect for those moments when you spirit needs lifting, or when you are trying to caption your Instagram post about overcoming challenges.
They also remind us that a pick-me-up can come in many forms—depending on who you are and what soothes your soul.
For me, reading a good book can be quite the pick-me-up.
For others, it might be something as profound as their faith, while some are just happy with a little chocolate or cup of coffee!
Something that all pick-me-ups have in common is they make us feel better.
This might be because of improved breathing and self-awareness if you choose to meditate.
Or maybe a good pick-me-up for you is a workout or a walk outside.
These activities release endorphins and make us happier.
It is also important to remember that we all have bad days and to not beat ourselves up!
Take a breath, read through these pick-me-up quotes, and learn even more ways to improve your mindset!
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Inspirational short pick-me-up quotes
1. “The darkest hour has only sixty minutes.” — Morris Mandel
2. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
3. “You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.” — Babe Ruth
4. “Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.” — Eckhart Tolle
5. “When one door closes, another one opens.” — Alexander Graham Bell
6. “If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.” — Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
7. “There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind.” — C.S. Lewis
8. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” — Steve Jobs
9. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” — Harriet Stowe
10. “I believe that tomorrow is another day, and every day is a fresh start.” — Audrey Hepburn
Pick-me-up quotes about success and struggle
11. “The road to success is not a path you find, but a trail you blaze.” — Robert Breault
12. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” — C. S. Lewis
13. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs, one step at a time.” — Joe Girard
14. “A burning passion coupled with absolute detachment is the key to all success.” — Mahatma Gandhi
15. “I am thankful for all of those who said no to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” — Albert Einstein
16. “The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them.” — Og Mandino
17. “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.” — Bonnie Blair
18. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas Edison
19. “I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat.” — Sylvester Stallone
20. “Never mind what others do; do better than yourself, beat your own record from day to day, and you are a success.” — William J. H. Boetcker
Pick-me-up quotes for her
21. “Putting on fierce boots is an instant pick-me-up.” — Nina Garcia
22. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” — Lucille Ball
23. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” — Helen Keller
24. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” — Maya Angelou
25. “A man has always wanted to lay me down, but he never wanted to pick me up.” — Eartha Kitt
26. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” — Michele Ruiz
27. “My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn’t go as planned, and that’s okay.” — Rachel Wolchin
28. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” — Oprah Winfrey
29. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like its heaven on earth.” — William W. Purkey
30. “Like most women, I hate when a guy tries to pick me up by saying, ‘You are the hottest girl I’ve ever seen.’ It’s totally unrealistic. There are beautiful women everywhere.” — Karen McDougal
Pick-me-up quotes about support from others and things that make us happy
31. “As you tumble to the ground, pick me up on your way down.” — Charlie Walker
32. “Sometimes all it takes is one smile from the right person to turn a day around.” — Susan Gale
34. “You pick me up and brush me off and tell me I’m okay, sometimes that’s just what we need to get us through the day.” — Sarah McLachlan
35. “Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” — Misty Copeland
36. “I love Queen. Not all of it. Some of it, I can’t get into. But “Don’t Stop Me Now” is a pretty hilarious song. It’s a good pick-me-up in the car.” — Charlie Day
37. “We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?” — Meghan Markle
38. “I love my parents in the way most children would: for having been there at every point in my youth and childhood, ready to pick me up when I fell and support me when I stumbled.” — Michael Gove
39. “When I’m on my own, I can be negative. I need my friends and family around to help pick me up if I’ve had a bad qualifying session. I think insecurity plagues a lot of sportspeople.” — Jenson Button
40. “God picks you up. You don’t pick yourself up. You’re the one who knocked you down or even if somebody else knocked you down, your willingness to believe that what they said had value, was your conspiring with them, with their effort to knock you down—I’ve never been able to get myself up and I’ve noticed that every time I ask God to pick me up—he does.” — Marianne Williamson
Pick-me-up quotes about the power of our thoughts and mindset
41. “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” — Christopher Reeve
42. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” — Dan Millman
43. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” — Willie Nelson
44. “So long as your desire to explore is greater than your desire to not screw up, you’re on the right track.” — Ed Helms
46. “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can make that happen, you can make anything happen.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
47. “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” — Pema Chodron
48. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” — Joyce Meyer
49. “There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — A. A. Milne
50. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
51. “I haven’t gone home with anybody who tried to pick me up in a long time.” ― Jorja Fox
52. “I saw a picture of Elvis in blue lame, and thought that if I could recreate that suit and walk down the King’s Road in it, someone might pick me up and take me off on a crazy adventure.” ― Malcolm Mclaren
53. “Try the Lamentations of Jeremiah. They always pick me up.” ― Peter De Vries
54. “I love everything [Jessica Simpson] ever has on! Jessica can definitely come pick me up in her little Mercedes and take me shopping if she wants!” ― Miley Cyrus
55. “I don’t have a no-trade clause. I figure someone is going to pick me up.” ― Bobby Bonilla
56. “Would you let the aliens land, please? They might be here to pick me up.” ― Bill Hicks
57. “To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one’s own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat.” ― Plato
58. “If the police ever try to pick me up, Michael Jackson told me I can hide out at his house.” ― Gilbert Gottfried
59. “I was three years old. I was messing with my grandparents’ dog in Las Vegas, and he decided to pick me up by my head and run around the backyard with me.” ― Brian Austin Green
60. “A car to pick me up every day, a chair with my name on it, everybody being very polite… what can you do except sit back and watch it all, try to take it all in?” ― Charles Dance
What is the perfect pick-me-up?
A good pick-me-up is one that boosts your mind, body, or spirit.
A perfect pick-me-up is when you can improve all three areas and find some balance.
Of course, all the methods mentioned above or in these pick-me-up quotes are great suggestions.
However, if none of those seem like what you need at this moment, maybe these next few suggestions will appeal to you!
You could try: committing a random act of kindness, writing in your journal, watching a funny movie, or maybe just taking a nap!
Many of these pick-me-up quotes reminded us we are not alone.
Sometimes, lunch with a good friend might be just what you need!
Reach out to your support system when you need to!
They love you, and if you need a sounding board—well, what are friends for?
If your problem is bigger than the power of these quotes, or the counsel of a friend, then maybe try finding a therapist.
Therapy itself can be a great pick-me-up in the short term, but it can also help you build lifelong habits that improve your mental health.
What are some things that help pick you up when you are feeling low?
Let us know in the comment section below!