Feel the vibe and hail her majesty with our Queen Latifah quotes.
She has always been a force to be reckoned with whose skills and ambition know no bounds.
Check out our Queen Latifah quotes below to learn more.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Who is Queen Latifah?
Queen Latifah is a woman of many crowns.
She was born Dana Owens in Newark, New Jersey.
She is a successful artist, actress, writer, producer, and businesswoman.
Check out these Queen Latifah facts below:
- She was nominated for an Academy Award in 2006.
- Queen Latifah released her first album at 19 years old.
- She has won Golden Globe, Screen Actor’s Guild, and NAACP Image awards.
Queen Latifah has had success in many lanes.
This multi-talented artist has succeeded commercially without dumbing down her content or compromising her material.
How has Queen Latifah influenced different generations?
Full disclosure: I was raised under Queen Latifah.
In my household, her music was on repeat.
For my generation, hip-hop music was a journey of cultural pride and knowledge of self.
Latifah inspired millions of people while holding her own as an emcee during an era when it was in fashion to be smart.
Was Queen Latifah actually a good rapper?
On the mic, Queen Latifah has demonstrated that she is a force to be reckoned with.
Since her career has spanned so many decades, some people only know her as a talk show host, actress, or producer.
If there were a Mount Rushmore for the ladies of hip-hop, Latifah’s face would certainly be among them.
Her body of work stands tall among the titans of her time, such as KRS One, Big Daddy KANE, Rakim, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, and Public Enemy.
These artists created music that spoke to self-improvement, confidence, and political awareness.
Songs like Ladies First and U.N.I.T.Y helped install respect and appreciation for women while illuminating how misogyny impacts all of us.
Watching her ascend as an actress and producer reiterated that passion and acting on our excitement can take us to our dreams.
Her roles in Living Single or Set It Off shaped popular culture and challenged stereotypes.
Watching her continue to push the limit of success and artistry has been inspirational.
To learn more, check out our Queen Latifah quotes below:
Short Queen Latifah quotes about seizing the day
These Queen Latifah quotes get right to the point of chasing your dreams.
1. “Always follow your own path.” — Queen Latifah
2. “You can’t let fear paralyze you.” — Queen Latifah
3. “There are different flavors of sexiness.” — Queen Latifah
4. “Pursue your passions by diving in headfirst.” — Queen Latifah
5. “Be bold. Be brave enough to be your true self.” — Queen Latifah
The top Queen Latifah quotes about never giving up
Latifah reminds us that you do not become a queen by quitting on yourself.
6. “Dreams become reality when we put our minds to it.” — Queen Latifah
7. “How many crossroads are you allowed to have in life?” — Queen Latifah
8. “I don’t want to be a supermodel; I want to be a role model.” — Queen Latifah
9. “Every woman is a queen, and we all have different things to offer.” — Queen Latifah
10. “Feel that pain, get over it, get up, dust yourself off, and keep it moving.” — Queen Latifah
The best Queen Latifah quotes about confidence and feeling sexy
Below are some of the queen’s thoughts on what makes us attractive.
11. “I would say I’m voluptuous. Statuesque. Definitely curvaceous.” — Queen Latifah
12. “There is no profession more essential than that of an educator.” — Queen Latifah
13. “I wish every woman would love herself and embrace what she was given naturally.” — Queen Latifah
14. “Life is so much bigger, grander, higher, and wider than we allow ourselves to think.” — Queen Latifah
15. “A confident woman is a sexy woman, in my opinion. And I think guys find that to be the same way.” — Queen Latifah
Queen Latifah quotes and sayings about living your truth
Here she reminds us that we control the path of our destiny.
16. “You control your destiny instead of letting the day lead you where it may. You seize it, take it and lead it.” — Queen Latifah
17. “Once you realize there is a Higher Power, you know you’re not alone, that you have a purpose on the planet.” — Queen Latifah
18. “I am a strong woman with or without this other person, with or without this job, and with or without these tight pants.” — Queen Latifah
19. “Life’s not about sitting at home in front of the TV waiting for your life to begin. Get out there and take some chances.” — Queen Latifah
20. “I’m proud of everything I do, but I think I’m the most happy about becoming a rapper. It was my entrance into everything.” — Queen Latifah
Famous Queen Latifah quotes about queenhood and womanhood
Check out some of Latifah’s inspirational quotes below.
21. “Putting on your crown is really like accepting the fact that you are a queen. You’re a great woman. ” — Queen Latifah
22. “You just have to connect with people who believe in your vision and who will work with you and advance your cause.” — Queen Latifah
23. “Look at people for an example, but then make sure to do things your way. Surround yourself with positive people.” — Queen Latifah
24. “I made decisions that I regret, and I took them as learning experiences… I’m human, not perfect, like anybody else.” — Queen Latifah
25. “I decided early on that I was going to put on my crown and rule my world by acting right and treating myself like a queen.” — Queen Latifah
What can we learn from Queen Latifah’s story?
Queen Latifah has ascended to the highest levels of artistry.
If you judge success as an artist on aesthetic and quality of content, the Queen hits the mark.
Her contributions to music and film speak to the human condition.
She has never been afraid of addressing complex topics or using education to break stereotypes and taboos.
She even surprised herself during the journey.
As far as having such an impact on culture and art, she once shared, “I didn’t know I had it in me.”
Her humility reminds us that we should strive to challenge ourselves even further as we reach our goals.
Latifah encourages us to remember, “There’s more to all of us than we realize. We’re capable of so much more than we allow ourselves to believe.”
If you love Queen Latifah, check out these Secret Life of Bees quotes from one of her films.
What is your favorite Queen Latifah quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments section below.