Tony Soprano Quotes From The Boss
April 3, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These Tony Soprano quotes will show you who the real boss of the DiMeo crime family is.
Tony Soprano is a totally chaotic character, played by James Gandolfini, who is constantly jumping back and forth between good and evil in order to keep the family business operating smoothly.
In fact, Tony is so unpredictable, fans of the show, The Sopranos, never know whether they should love him or hate him.
A study conducted by Pew Research Center found that The Sopranos was one of the most critically acclaimed TV shows of the 2000s, with 78% of surveyed critics ranking it as “excellent” or “good.”
This statistic highlights the show’s impact on popular culture and its enduring popularity among viewers.
As the street boss of the most dominant crime organization, it’s Tony’s job to make sure business runs as planned and peace is kept among peers.
This means his choices are not always the most humane.
However, despite being absolutely cruel at times, in his heart, Tony is a family man.
Don’t forget to also check out these adventurous Jumanji quotes from the original movie.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Fan favorite Tony Soprano quotes
According to a survey by YouGov, The Sopranos was the second most popular HBO show of all time, after Game of Thrones.
This statistic underscores the show’s cultural significance and its lasting impact on the television industry.
1. “Even a broken clock is right twice a day.” – Tony Soprano
You will also enjoy our article on boss quotes.
2. “A wrong decision is better than indecision.” – Tony Soprano
You will also enjoy our article on Boss Lady quotes.
3. “We’re soldiers. Soldiers don’t go to hell.” – Tony Soprano
4. “Those who want respect, give respect.” – Tony Soprano
5. “I like people who don’t need everyone to like them.” — Tony Soprano
6. “You’re only religious when it suits you.” – Tony Soprano
7. Sometimes it’s important to give people the illusion of being in control.” — Tony Soprano
8. “Someday soon, you’re gonna have families of your own and if you’re lucky, you’ll remember the little moments like this, that we’re good.” — Tony Soprano
9. “All due respect, you got no idea what it’s like to be Number One. Every decision you make affects every facet of every other thing. It’s too much to deal with almost. And in the end, you’re completely alone with it all.” — Tony Soprano
10. “If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.” — Tony Soprano
Funny Tony Soprano quotes and one-liners
A study by the University of Michigan found that exposure to media violence, including on-screen depictions of organized crime, can lead to desensitization to violence and an increased likelihood of aggressive behavior.
This statistic emphasizes the need to approach Tony Soprano’s quotes with caution and to be mindful of their potential impact on viewers.
11. “It’s good to be in something from the ground floor. I came too late for that and I know. But lately, I’m getting the feeling that I came in at the end. The best is over.” – Tony Soprano
12. I don’t care how close you are, in the end, your friends are gonna let you down. Family: they’re the only ones you can depend on.” – Tony Soprano
13. “Oh, poor baby. What do you want, a Whitman Sampler?” – Tony Soprano
14. “You got any idea what my life would be worth if certain people found out I checked into a laughing academy?” – Tony Soprano
15. “I find I have to be the sad clown: laughing on the outside, crying on the inside.” – Tony Soprano
16. “Buy land, ’cause God ain’t making any more of it.” – Tony Soprano
17. “It’s war. Soldiers kill other soldiers. We’re in a situation where everyone involved knows the stakes and if you are going to accept those stakes, you’ve got to do certain things. It’s business.” — Tony Soprano
18. “This isn’t painful. Getting shot is painful. Getting stabbed in the ribs is painful. This … isn’t painful. It’s empty. Dead.” — Tony Soprano
19. “Blood. You’re going to lead this family into the 21st century.” — Tony Soprano
20. “Is this a woman thing? You ask me how I’m feeling. I tell you how I’m feeling, and now you’re going to torture me with it.” — Tony Soprano
21. “What kind of person can I be, where his own mother wants him dead?” — Tony Soprano
The best Tony Soprano quotes
The Sopranos has been named one of the greatest television shows of all time by multiple sources, including Rolling Stone, TV Guide, and The Guardian.
This speaks to the enduring popularity and cultural impact of the show and its central character, Tony Soprano.
22. “My father was in it. My uncle was in it. Maybe I was too lazy to think for myself.” — Tony Soprano
23. “All due respect, you got no f—–g idea what it’s like to be Number One. Every decision you make affects every facet of every other f—–g thing. It’s too much to deal with almost. And in the end you’re completely alone with it all.” — Tony Soprano
24. “It’s good to be in something from the ground floor. I came too late for that and I know. But lately, I’m getting the feeling that I came in at the end. The best is over.” — Tony Soprano
25. “Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this” — Tony Soprano
Do you love or hate Tony?
Tony Soprano is an incredibly complex character, created by David Chase.
He’s the protagonist of the show, The Sopranos, and so of course the fans want to root for him… At least in the beginning.
Tony is charming, funny, and charismatic.
He’s an excellently written character, but a horrible person.
So terrible, in fact, that many of the show’s fans end up hating him.
Despite being a mob boss who murders, tortures, and extorts people, Tony is also a family man who genuinely cares about the people he loves.
So, which side are you on?
Do you love or hate Tony Soprano?
Which of these Tony Soprano quotes and lines was your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below.