Take a moment to experience why representation matters with our Stuart Scott quotes.
Come learn why he left such an indelible mark on America and the world with our Stuart Scott quotes.
Who was Stuart Scott?
Stuart Scott was an American sportscaster, most known for his years as an ESPN’s SportsCenter anchor.
Check out these Stuart Scott facts below:
- He was born in Chicago.
- He won the Jimmy V Award.
- Scott graduated from UNC at Chapel Hill.
Stuart Scott’s legacy and impact on generations
I grew up watching Stuart Scott; he was a big deal in my house.
In 2023, it is common to see a diverse set of talent.
You have all sorts of Americans sharing their perspective on various sports-related topics.
Back in 1993, this was not the case.
Stuart Scott represents a litany of successful African-American sportscasters.
However, he is more than a melanated face sharing sports news.
Scott managed to blend hip-hop culture into his broadcasting style.
He is remembered for his creativity and ability to make highlight clips even more exciting with his unique display of cultural vernacular.
Stuart Scott’s catchphrases have become household jargon.
As a primary host of SportsCenter, he is the reason why many Americans are familiar with different forms of African-American vernacular.
He was also a regular in the NBA and NFL, covering weekly games, the playoffs, and finals.
Why did Stuart Scott win the Jimmy V Award?
If you are unaware, the Jimmy V Award is given to professional athletes or the professional sports media who battle cancer.
The award is named after coach Jimmy Valvano, who led the NC State Wolfpack to an NCAA championship in basketball while fighting a cancer diagnosis.
Today, athletes and media members who fight cancer are honored with this award for their efforts.
Learn more with our Stuart Scott quotes below.
Short Stuart Scott quotes about fighting cancer
Scott is a cancer survivor; check out these short, powerful quotes.
1. “It won’t change anything to me.” — Stuart Scott
2. “Stage 1, 2 or 8, it doesn’t matter.” — Stuart Scott
3. “I’m trying to fight it the best I can.” — Stuart Scott
4. “I never ask what stage I’m in. I haven’t wanted to know.” — Stuart Scott
5. “All I know is that it would cause more worry and a higher degree of freakout.” — Stuart Scott
The top Stuart Scott quotes for finding inner strength
Scott had to overcome life-changing conditions to stay alive.
6. “So live. Live!” — Stuart Scott
7. “Fight like hell.” — Stuart Scott
8. “The most important thing I do is I’m a dad.” — Stuart Scott
9. “Every day, I am reminded that our life’s journey is really about the people who touch us.” — Stuart Scott
10. “And when you get too tired to fight, then lay down and rest and let somebody else fight for you.” — Stuart Scott
The best Stuart Scott quotes about music and staying young
Stuart Scott knows that we are only as young as we feel.
11. “Music is how you feel.” — Stuart Scott
12. “I’m more of a hip-hop feel the person.” — Stuart Scott
13. “The younger the mind, that’s how I wanna be.” — Stuart Scott
14. “You’ve got to be true to who you are and what you do.” — Stuart Scott
15. “It feels good to be winded, having trouble breathing, chest hurts during a workout. I’m alive.” — Stuart Scott
Famous Stuart Scott quotes for moving on and staying strong
Scott reminds us that we are all as powerful as we choose to be.
16. “I’m going to hit you back even harder.” — Stuart Scott
17. “I went straight into battle mode every morning.” — Stuart Scott
18. “I’d wake up and have an internal conversation with cancer.” — Stuart Scott
19. “When they told me I had cancer, a very rare form called appendiceal cancer. I was shocked.” — Stuart Scott
20. “When you die, it does not mean you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live.” — Stuart Scott
Stuart Scott quotes and sayings about living for your loved ones
We end our Stuart Scott journey with these poignant quotes.
21. “I want Taelor and Sydni to know that I’m still strong.” — Stuart Scott
22. “I can’t ever give up because I can’t leave my daughters.” — Stuart Scott
23. “I want to walk them both down the aisle. And I still plan to. I hope to.” — Stuart Scott
24. “I keep working out for me, but I also keep working out for my daughters.” — Stuart Scott
25. “The best thing I’ve ever done; the best thing I will ever do is a dad to Taelor and Sydni.” — Stuart Scott
Gone but not forgotten
Stuart Scott lost his life at the age of 49.
He left behind a lovely family and an impact that influenced a nation.
May he rest in power.
What is your favorite Stuart Scott quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
This is a collection of the best motivational books proven to transform a person. (Yes, really!)
These books for men will help you discover who you want to be, what is holding you back, and how to create a path forward.
You are never too old, poor, young, or sick to live your dreams.
These inspirational quotes about breaking your limits will help you answer a few questions that could change the course of your life!
Check out these related quote articles:
Enjoy these Booger McFarland quotes and sayings from former professional football player turned sports analyst Anthony “Booger” McFarland.
Jimmy V was an inspiration to generations of basketball players, and we hope these Jimmy V quotes inspire you, too.
Find out how he impacted the world of sports and popular culture with our Howard Cosell quotes.
If you’re a sports fan, you will love this collection of The Last Dance quotes documenting the last run of Michael Jordan with the Chicago Bulls.