These mother daughter quotes are perfect for anyone looking for a reminder of just how precious the relationship between a mother and a daughter is.
Take a few moments out of your day to cherish the special relationship between mother and daughter with these inspiring words as a beautiful reminder.
If you’re a daughter, your mother is one person on this earth who will always be able to understand you.
Even as an adult, you’ll always choose to confide in your mother above anybody else.
Mothers have the opportunity to teach their daughters how to grow up in this world.
They are there to be their daughter’s guide, confidant, and friend for life.
What do I say to my daughter?
The mother-daughter bond is special in every way.
In that regard, here are some beautiful quotes to celebrate the unique and wonderful relationship between a mother and daughter.
Don’t forget to check out our collection of parents quotes about family and support.
Mother Daughter Quotes Expressing Unconditional Love
1. “The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom.”- Sandra Vischer
2. “Mothers of daughters are daughters of mothers and have remained so, in circles joined to circles, since time began.” – Signe Hammer
3. “Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth.” – Victoria Secunda
4. “A mother’s treasure is her daughter.” – Catherine Pulsifer
5. “Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter.” – Caitlin Houston
6. “The best place to cry is in a mother’s arms.” – Jodi Picoult
7. “A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem.” – Naomi Wolf
8. “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” – Cheryl Lacey Donovan
9. “My mother told me two things constantly. One was to be a lady, and the other was to be independent,” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
10. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” – Maya Angelou
Also, read these father and son quotes.
Inspiring mother daughter quotes
11. “I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.” – Lance Conrad
12. “You were my home, Mother. I had no home but you.” – Janet Fitch
13. “When we weren’t scratching each other’s eyes out, we were making each other laugh harder than anyone else could.” – Lucie Arnaz
14. “A mother’s and daughter’s love is never separated.” – Viola Shipman
15. “The older I get, the more I see The power of that young woman, my mother.” – Sharon Olds
16. “Mother and daughter are like spoons in a drawer.” — Maggie Stiefvater
17. “I like it when my mother smiles. And I especially like it when I make her smile.” – Adriana Trigiani
18. “From a little girl so very small, how and when did you get so tall?” ― Karen Mortensen
19. “Maybe Mom is my alter ego and the woman I’m able to be when I’m working.”- Mary Tyler Moore
20. “No influence is so powerful as that of the mother.” – Sarah Josepha Hale
Also, check out our list of inspirational motherhood quotes to remind you of what mothers mean to us.
Beautiful mother daughter quotes
21. “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” – Emily Dickinson
22. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
23. “The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex.” – Wynonna Judd
24. “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.” – Cardinal Mermillod
25. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
26. “Mother and daughter from the start. Best friends forever from the heart.”
27. “Happiness is mother and daughter time.”
28. “A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend.”
29. “Angels are often disguised as daughters.”
30. “A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.”
Remember also to check out these granddaughter quotes that will warm your heart.
Heartwarming mother daughter quotes
31. “I love my mother as trees love water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.” – Terry Guillemets
32. “A mother teaches her daughter how to feel about herself, about handling pressure, about relishing life’s joys and conquering fears.” – Melissa Harrison
33. “When I had my children and I felt that type of love, which I know you understand and every mom out there understands…That there is an unconditional love.” —Jennifer Lopez
34. “To my daughter. Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be. Mom”
35. “A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.” – Victoria Secunda
36. “My mother was like sand. The kind that warms you on a beach when you come shivering out of the cold water. The kind that clings to your body, leaving its impression on your skin to remind you where you’ve been and where you’ve come from.” – Clare Vanderpool
37. “My mother was my first country, the first place I ever lived.” —Nayyirah Waheed
38. “No matter how old you are, you always want your mother’s love and acceptance. I guess I’m hoping one day I’ll get it back.” – Hilary Grossman
39. “Maybe I stepped into the skin my mother left behind and became the girl my mother had been, the one she still wanted to be.” -. Laura Kasischke
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mother and son quotes that put words to this unbreakable bond.
40. “My mom is literally a part of me. You can’t say that about many people except relatives, and organ donors.” – Carrie Latet
Mother daughter quotes to inspire you
41. “Daughters can sometimes be too serious, teach them to laugh and not take life too seriously.” — Catherine Pulsifer
42. “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – Jodi Picoult
43. “As is the mother, so is her daughter.” – Bible
44. “Good daughters make good mothers.” — Abigail G. Whittlesey
45. “Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with.” – Melia Keeton-Digby
46. “No mother and daughter ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them.” — Christie Watson
47. “I am a strong woman because a strong woman raised me.”
49. “I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be. But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be.” – Zoraida Pesante
50. “A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.”
You might also like these cousin quotes that perfectly describe your bond.
Mother daughter quotes to inspire and teach
51. “A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” ~ Dorothy C Fisher
52. “I told my mom she was invading my personal space and she said I came out of her personal space.” – Unknown
53. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
54. “Being a mother is learning about the strengths you didn’t know you had… and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.” ~ Linda Wooten
55. “When someone asks you where you came from, the answer is your mother. It’s so much more than love. Even when there’s no love, it’s so much more than anything else in your life.” –Anna Quindlen
56. “One of the most important relationships we’ll have is the relationship we have with our mothers.” – Iyanla Vanzant
57. “Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me.” – Alexandra Stoddard
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of loving grandchildren quotes to spark joy.
58. “Every day I become a little more like my mother… and I couldn’t be prouder!” – Unknown
59. “One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten is my daughter”
60. “My daughter, while we have had adversity, we also have had more sweet memories that allow us to overcome the challenges we faced.” – Ann Butler
Special mother daughter quotes that will make your day
61. “For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.” – Unknown
62. “My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along.” – Denise Van Outen
63. “Mother and daughter never truly part, maybe in distance but never in heart.”
64. “I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine. She helps me prosper and reach great heights.” – Terri Guillemets
65. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” – Winnie the Pooh
66. “The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life the stronger the daughter.” – Anita Diamant
67. “We mothers are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Mother’s Day quotes that help us celebrate moms all around the world.
68. “On the darkest days, when I feel inadequate, unloved and unworthy, I remember whose daughter I am and I straighten my crown.”
69. “My highest hope for her is just that she has the fearlessness to always be her authentic self, no matter what she thinks men want her to be.” – Channing Tatum
70. “My mom taught me a woman’s mind should be the most beautiful part of her.” – Sonya Teclai
71. “Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes and the objects of our most watchful love.” — Margaret E. Sangster
72. “As they get older, our daughters become more and more like us too.” – Amy Newmark
73. “What’s important for my daughter to know is that… if you are fortunate to have opportunity, it is your duty to make sure other people have those opportunities as well.” — Kamala Harris
74. “Thank you for being the answer to the prayer I hadn’t realized I asked for.” – Marisa Donnelly
75. “You’re a very special lady, who showered me with love I am thankful for you as I’ve told God above.” – Charly Lester
Inspiring mother daughter quotes
76. “I can encourage my daughter to love her body, but what really matters are the observations she makes about my relationship with my own body.” — Brené Brown
77. “In times of need, and in times of tears, in times of joy and in times of fears… there is mom. The one person who is always there.” – Heather Stillufsen
78. “My mother wanted me to be her wings, to fly as she never quite had the courage to do. I love her for that. I love the fact that she wanted to give birth to her own wings.” – Erica Jong
79. “Mother-daughter disagreements were, in hindsight, basically mother stating the truth and daughter taking her own sweet time coming around.” – Barbara Delinsky
80. “She is my heart, my soul, my “best thing that ever happened to me”, the source of many laughs and a few tears. She is my daughter and she is my world.” – Unknown
81. “As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.” – Kristin Hannah
82. “My daughters are the bouquet of my life.” – Barbara W Bansley
83. “A mom is a daughter’s “first” friend. And, through life, becomes her best friend.” – Vicki Reece
84. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
85. “The older I grow, the more I realize that my mother is the best “best friend” that I ever had.” – Unknown
Other beautiful mother daughter quotes
86. “A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of memory quotes that will help remind you how far you’ve come and motivate you to keep moving forward.
87. “Children and mothers never truly part, bound in the beating of each other’s heart.” – Charlotte Gray
88. “My daughter is a beautiful gift, that brings warmth to my heart, and brightness to each day.” – Unknown
89. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things, and crushes down remorselessly all that stand in its path.” – Agatha Christie
90. “There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.” – Unknown
91. “Life is tough my darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennett-Henry
92. “I look back on my childhood and thank the stars above. For everything you gave me, but mostly for your love.” – Wayne F. Winters
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Childhood quotes to connect with your inner child.
93. “Dear Daughter, don’t concern yourself with fitting into glass slippers. Think instead of shattering glass ceilings.” – Unknown
94. “If I didn’t have you as a mom, I’d choose you as a friend.” – Unknown
95. “A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, “Where mother is.” – Keith L. Brooks
Mother daughter quotes celebrating unconditional love
96. “A daughter is God’s way of saying, “thought you could use a lifelong friend.” – Unknown
97. “My mother was a force. She had little tolerance for fools, she kept her hair short and wore practical non-fussy clothes. Everything about her radiated confidence and calm.”― Michelle Obama
98. “A mother holds her daughter’s hand for a ittle while but, holds her heart forever.” – Unknown
99. “I am in a long-distance relationship. It’s been six months since I met my mom.”― Leena Duwadi
100. “Mother-daughter love: The definition of forever.” – Unknown
101. “She’s my best friend—she’s everything to me. It’s always just been me and her against the world.”― Jacquelyn Middleton
102. “How far beyond your mother do you hope to get? You are not going to be a different woman entirely, so just be a slightly altered version of her, and relax.”― Sheila Heti
103. “My mom is a black-no-sugar woman, but I basically believe in turning my coffee into cheesecake.”― Jordan Weisman
104. “It’s quite possible my daughter will disagree with this version altogether. She might say that I’ve put words into her mouth. Show me a mother who hasn’t.”― Kimberly King Parsons
105. “My mother taught me that reading is a kind of work, and that every paragraph merits exertion, and in this way, I learned how to absorb difficult books.”― Hope Jahren
More mother daughter quotes to make your day special
106. “My daughter makes me laugh with her incredibly humorous take on the world. Everything makes her laugh, and I aspire to take in the world the same shoes she does.” – Unknown
107. “Parents exist in children,’ Grandmother said to bolster my confidence. ‘Your mother will always exist in you. She will give you strength wherever you go.”― Lisa See
108. “Mama looked into me and saw something worth believing in, long before i believed in myself.” – Unknown
109. “A mother-daughter bond is the perfect blessing, so that makes me one blessed mom, because I have YOU.”― Stephanie Lahart
110. “Her secrets are safe with her mother.” – Unknown
111. “Mothers show their daughters how to become strong, fathers make them.”― Rafia Shujaat
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.
112. “Our mother was different, but that’s what we liked about her. While other children had strict routines and consequences, we had freedom and frivolity— and we didn’t want the party to end.”― Amra Pajalic
113. “We are our mothers’ daughters, are we not?”― Corey Ann Haydu
114. “My mother’s right. Home for us doesn’t have to be a fixed place. I find it in slots of time, in slants of light. I feel it closest at dawn when night and day meld and mingle awhile before they drift apart.”― Karen Runge
115. “Mom was the midwife who delivered stories to me.”― Rachael Hanel
Mother daughter quotes that will fill your heart with love
116. “A mother and a daughter have one soul for two, which can’t be broken by time, obstacles, distance and insults.” – Unknown
117. “The relationship between parents and children, but especially between mothers and daughters, is tremendously powerful, scarcely to be comprehended in any rational way.” – Joyce Carol Oates
118. “All mother’s characteristics are absorbed by daughter’s personality so that it’s not clear where the mother ends and the daughter begins. It’s pure magic.” – Unknown
119. The mother is only really the mistress of her daughter upon the condition of continually representing herself to her as a model of wisdom and type of perfection. – Alexandre Dumas Pere
120. “The only love between a mother and a daughter can’t be changed and only this love has no limits. It grows with every single day and never fades.” – Unknown
121. “A loving and careful mother both recognizes and even protects her daughter’s autonomy and also helps her dance out confidently on to a wider stage.” – Rachel Billington
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of dance quotes to help you find the perfect words about movement.
122. “He that would the daughter win must with the mother first begin.” – English Proverb
123. “Many people may be replaced in daughter’s life, but nobody can take the mother’s place.” – Unknown
124. “The greatest gift every mother can have is a daughter. Someone who sings with her, who helps in cleaning the house and someone, she can be with her most of the time.” – Unknown
125. “What the daughter does, the mother did.” – Jewish Proverb
Mother daughter quotes that will melt your heart
126. “Mothering is a mysterious task. First you create an intimate, all-consuming attachment with your daughter, then you spend the rest of your life learning to let her go.” – Judy Ford
127. “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.”— Charley Benetto
128. “And she loved a little girl very, very much – even more than she loved herself. ” – Unknown
Don’t forget to also check out these niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.
129. “A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones.”— Kristin Hannah
130. “I’m blessed and I couldn’t be more grateful. Do you want to know why? Because I’m a mother, but that’s only half it. I’m blessed because, when I need to, I can still just be a daughter. I get the feeling that there is nothing more precious than to have both of these roles simultaneously.”— Adrianna Stepiano
131. “I tell my daughter every morning, ‘Now, what are the two most important parts of you?’ And she says, ‘My head and my heart.'” —Viola Davis
132. “The living mother-daughter relationship, you learn over and over again, is a constant choice between adaption and acceptance.”— Kelly Corrigan
133. “God couldn’t be everywhere, so that is why he invented mothers.” —Diane Keaton
134. “There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.”— Taylor Swift
135. “A mother gives her daughter the gift of wings so she can soar.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these queen quotes celebrating the women in your life.
Mother daughter quotes that will warm your heart
136. “Her mother would tell her she was beautiful and that everything was all right.” – Sarah Addison Allen
137. “Yes, it’s quite amazing how I continue to shock my mother even after all these years together” – Eloisa James
138. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” – Matthew L. Jacobson
139. “My mother and my mother’s mother were as silly and stumbling as I am when they were girls… Still, the love from my heart is overflowing, as bright and crimson as the heated metal in a blacksmith’s forge.” – Kim Dong Hwa
140. “Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother.” – Unknown
141. “In a child’s eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.” – N.K. Jemisin
142. “When life gets hard and you feel all alone, remember you mean the world to somebody, and that somebody calls you mom.” – Unknown
143. “When you have a daughter, you realized right then what it means to love.” – Unknown
144. “My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me.” – R.J. Palacio
145. “There’s nothing as powerful as a mother’s love and theirs nothing more healing than a child’s soul.” – Unknown
You might also like these sister quotes they need to hear and will not forget.
Mother daughter quotes that will make you smile
146. “There is nothing as powerful as mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul.”- Unknown
147. “Motherhood is difficult and rewarding.” – Gloria Estefan
148. “Always love your mother because you will never get another.”- Unknown
149. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
150. “The first lesson every child of Athena learned: Mom was the best at everything, and you should never, ever suggest otherwise.”- Rick Riordan
151. “Each day I give thanks for you and appreciate all that you do.” – Catherine Pulsifer
152. “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms your children.” – Cardinal Mermillod
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of children quotes that will fill your heart with love and laughter.
153. “What sunshine is to flowers, and tides are to the sea, is nowhere as important you’re being in my life is to me.” – C. Stellar
154. “The biggest surprise about motherhood was how completely and totally it changed how I look at myself, and what I believe I deserve, for the better.” – Unknown
155. “You are the woman who came into my life unexpectedly, whose presence kissed my soul.” – Marisa Donnelly
Mother daughter quotes that will brighten your day
156. “As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire.” – Unknown
157. “Mother and daughter like spoons in a drawer.” – Maggie Stiefvater
158. “All mothers are working mothers.” – Unknown
159. “Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother.” – Beverly Jones
160. “Just when I think my daughter is nothing like me she proudly shows her attitude and I’m like ‘There I am’.” – Unknown
161. “I love it when my daughter says I am a supermom.” – Unknown
162. “Motherhood is a choice you make every day to put someone else’s happiness and well being ahead of your own.” – Unknown
163. “Mom: Take these broken wings and learn to fly. Daughter: Take these sunken eyes and learn to see. Mom: You are my sunshine. Daughter: My only sunshine.” – Unknown
164. “Build yourself to be a woman that when your daughter sees you. She would know you as a woman who work for her goals. Set an example.” – Unknown
165. “My mother is a poem I’ll never be able to write, though everything I write is a poem to my mother.” – Sharon Doubiago
Mother daughter quotes that will make your day better
166. “Daughters are like flowers, they fill the world with beauty, and sometimes attract pests.” – Unknown
167. “I grew up in a makeup chair. And to see the women around me getting ready was so aspirational. It’s about mothers and daughters, a girl watching her mom at a vanity table.” – Drew Barrymore
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of makeup quotes about the power of looking good.
168. “A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” – Unknown
169. “I miss thee, my Mother! Thy image is still, the deepest impressed on my heart.” – Eliza Cook
170. “The best day of my life was becoming your mom. You fill my heart with so much happiness and joy.” – Unknown
171. “Because a mother’s love is forever, and so is a daughter’s. Tattooing is a great way of showing your affection, besides feeling your mom or daughter close to you forever.” – Unknown
172. “Mother and daughter got on very well indeed, with a deep affection founded on almost complete misunderstanding.” – Mary Stewart
173. “But I guessed she would never stop wanting more for me, more from me. Maybe that’s what mothers did.” – Kiera Cass
174. “I can be not the best daughter for you because I know how many troubles you’ve experienced with me. But I want to tell you that for me, you are the best mom ever.” – Unknown
175. “I cannot forget my mother. She is my bridge. When I needed to get across, she steadied herself long enough for me to run across safely.” – Renita Weems
Mother daughter quotes that will touch your heart
176. “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” – Ricki Lake
177. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.”— Rudyard Kipling
178. “Mother was comfort. Mother was home.” – Ruta Sepetys
179. “A child’s first teacher is its mother.”– Peng Liyuan
180. “My mother was my Role Model before I even knew what that word was.” – Lisa Leslie
181. “Mothers who work full time – they’re the real heroes.”— Kate Winslet
182. “I am unapologetically and unabashedly deeply biased toward my mother.” – Unknown
183. “My daughter is not the child that I expected. She is so much more.” – Brenda Kosciuk
184. “Life doesn’t come with a manual it comes with a mother.” – Unknown
185. “A daughter will follow in her mother’s footsteps. Make sure to set a good example.” – Elizabeth George
More mother daughter quotes and sayings
186. “I want my daughter to believe deep in her heart that she is capable of achieving anything she puts her mind to.” – Unknown
187. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.”– Barbara Kingsolver
188. “Be the woman you want your daughter to be.” – Unknown
189. “Only mothers can think of the future – because they give birth to it in their children.”– Maxim Gorky
190. “Mothers and daughter become the closest, when daughters become mothers.” – Unknown
191. “My daughter is my greatest inspiration.” – Whitney Houston
192. “My mother is my root. my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” – Unknown
193. “I want my daughters to grow up to be beautiful on the inside, rich in compassion and perfectly imperfect.” – Brenda Kosciuk
194. “Her judgmental younger self has no idea that she will have a daughter too one day, and that the thought of her little girl ever leaving home will make her feel like weeping.” – Eve Chase
195. “A daughter is a rainbow, a curve of light through scattered mist that lifts the spirit with her prismatic presence. Is a shadow, a reminder of something brilliant ducking out of sight, too easily drawn away.” – Ellen Hopkins
196. “I love our daughters more than anything in the world, more than life itself. So for me, being Mom-in-Chief is, and will always be, job number one.” – Michelle Obama
197. “Even as a small child, I understood that women had secrets, and that some of these were only to be told to daughters. In this way we were bound together for eternity.” – Alice Hoffman
198. “Even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be OK.” – JoJo Moyes
199. “It is so nice to come home and have solitude with me and my daughter.” – Mindy Kaling
200. “My mom is a strong-willed lady. She taught me to believe in myself no matter what anybody else said.” – Tracey Edmonds
Mother Daughter quotes about connection
201. “Someday when the pages of my life end, I know that you will be one of the most beautiful chapters.” – Unknown
202. “Maybe motherhood means honoring one’s mother.” – Sheila Heti
203. “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark.” – J.K. Rowling
204. “Mothers were the only ones you could depend on to tell the whole, unvarnished truth.” – Margaret Dilloway
205. “A mother and a daughter always share a special bond, which is engraved on their hearts.” – Unknown
206. “They both began to giggle and then…fell into a side-splitting round of laughter, the cleansing, complete sort of laughter only a mother and daughter can share.” – Karen Kingsbury
207. “My favorite thing about being a mom is just what a better person it makes you on a daily basis. Every morning when I wake her up, the endgame is Can I get her to smile? And that puts me in a good mood.” – Drew Barrymore
208. “I enjoy my life with my daughter. She is one of my favorite people on this planet.” – Colleen O’Grady
209. “My Dearest Baby, You gave me the strength I didn’t know I had. You taught me the true meaning of serenity and peace.” – Serena Williams
210. “6 pounds and 9 ounces, looking up at me like I have all the answers. I hope I have the ones you need.” – Reba Mcentire
Mother Daughter quotes from books
211. “Of course mothers and daughters with strong personalities might see the world from very different points of view.” – Katherine Howe
212. “Some women pray for their daughters to marry good husbands. I pray that my girls will find girlfriends half as loyal and true as the Ya-Yas.” – Rebecca Wells
231. “You are my daughter, not of my blood, but of my heart.” – Elizabeth Lim
214. “I know grace and mercy was raised by the same single mother.” – Jasmine Mans
215. “You never saw such a wild thing as my mother.” – Angela Carter
216. “Now the girl was a mother, and she had her very own daughter; a clever, sweet creature who filled her life with color and beauty.” – Nicole Lesperance
217. “Her mother had said the words she longed to hear. Her mother could not get along without her. She felt warm, and safe and comforted.” – Beverly Cleary
218. “Was that what it meant to be a daughter? To have hair that smelled of your mother? To use the same soap? Or was it a shared passion, a shared frustration?” – Pip Williams
219. “A daughter is a poem. A daughter is a kind of psalm.” – Kaitlyn Greenidge
220. “A relationship between a mother and a daughter shouldn’t be built on the shoulders of a man.” – Emily A. Myers
Mother and daughter quotes from proverbs and anonymous people
221. “No one in this world can love a girl more than her mother.” — Anonymous
222. “A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.” — Irish Proverb
223. “I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because a queen raised me.” — Anonymous
224. “To my daughter, I will say, ‘See your beauty without a compliment or a mirror.’” — Anonymous
225. “I smile because I’m your daughter. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.” — Anonymous
226. “If I turn into my mother, or even half the woman she is, I’ll consider my life a successful one.” — Anonymous
227. “What’s it like to have the greatest daughter in the world? I don’t know, ask your grandmother.” — Anonymous
228. “If you ever feel like giving up, just remember there is a little girl watching who wants to be just like you.” — Anonymous
229. “A mother is the only person in the world who can turn a daughter’s worries and fears into happiness.” — Anonymous
230. “Her smile makes me smile. Her laugh is infectious. Her heart is pure and true. Above all, I love that she is my daughter.” — Anonymous
Which of these mother daughter quotes was your favorite?
The mother-daughter bond is one of the strongest.
There’s no relationship in the world like that of a mother and her daughter.
The mother-daughter connection is special because there’s a deep understanding that is unique to moms and daughters.
Hopefully, these quotes have inspired you to celebrate the unconditional love between mother and daughter.
Which of these mother daughter quotes resonated with you best.
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
August 31, 2022 5:00 AM EST