These inspirational quotes about fighting cancer will lift your spirits and spread awareness.
If you or someone you know is fighting cancer, words of strength and encouragement can help throughout the journey.
These quotes for cancer fighters, survivors, and caregivers will offer comfort, wisdom, and inspiration.
Maintaining a positive vibe and managing stress is especially important when you’re dealing with cancer.
Uplifting proverbs and mantras can help soothe the soul during difficult times. Share these inspirational quotes with all of the people in your life who have been affected by cancer.
Messages of hope and inspiration can make a big difference for someone fighting cancer.
Remember these encouraging quotes and words of wisdom whenever you need comfort or strength. Open up your mind to fresh perspectives and shift your outlook on life.
When you’re dealing with cancer, positive mantras and words of affirmation can be reassuring throughout your journey.
These fighting cancer quotes can be inspirational and can help spread awareness. Read and share the inspiring words below to encourage all the fighters in your life.
Don’t forget to also check out these empowering breast cancer quotes to raise awareness.
Fighting cancer quotes to lift your spirits
1. “We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up or fight like hell.” – Lance Armstrong
2. “Cancer is a word, not a sentence.” – John Diamon
3. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
4. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
5. “There is no hope unmingled with fear, no fear unmingled with hope.” – Baruch Spinoza
6. “When someone has cancer, the whole family and everyone who loves them does, too.” – Terri Clark
7. “Once cancer happens it changes the way you live for the rest of your life.” – Hayley Mills
8. “Cancer is a journey, but you walk the road alone. There are many places to stop along the way and get nourishment – you just have to be willing to take it.” – Emily Hollenberg
9. “When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer, you beat cancer by how you live, why you live and in the manner in which you live.” – Stuart Scott
10. “I’m in good shape. My cancer means I have lost a lot of organs and I’m a lot lighter. I have devoted myself to yoga and I’m doing handstands.” – Eve Ensler
Fighting cancer quotes to help you maintain a positive outlook
11. “Today we fight. Tomorrow we fight. The day after, we fight. And if this disease plans on whipping us, it better bring a lunch, ’cause it’s gonna have a long day doing it.” – Jim Beaver
12. “Once I overcame breast cancer, I wasn’t afraid of anything anymore.” – Melissa Etheridge
13. “To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another.” – Katherine Paterson
14. “My cancer scare changed my life. I’m grateful for every new, healthy day I have. It has helped me prioritize my life.” – Olivia Newton-John
15. “Time is shortening. But every day that I challenge this cancer and survive is a victory for me.” – Ingrid Bergman
16. “Above all, cancer is a spiritual practice that teaches me about faith and resilience.” – Kris Carr
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of resilience quotes to inspire your next comeback.
17. “You know, once you’ve stood up to cancer, everything else feels like a pretty easy fight.” – David H. Koch
18. “Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.” – Jim Valvano
19. “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
20. “Cancer is that awful word we all fear when we go to the doctor for a physical exam, but in that brief dark moment we hear it the world we live in and the people we share it with begin to illuminate things we did not even pay attention to.” – BD Phillips
You might also like these inspirational get well soon quotes that will help you know what to say when someone you love is feeling sick.
Fighting cancer quotes to encourage all those affected
21. “Yes, I have cancer and it might not go away, but I can still have a future because life goes on.” – Kris Carr
22. “The important thing is not how many years in your life but how much life in your years.” – Edward J. Stieglitz
23. “Beating cancer is personal battle. It was one of the toughest opponents I have faced so far, and I think I did reasonably well. Touch wood.” – Yuvraj Singh
24. “Working out is my way of saying to cancer, ‘You’re trying to invade my body; you’re trying to take me away from my daughters, but I’m stronger than you. And I’m going to hit harder than you.” – Stuart Scott
25. “Cancer is not a straight line. It’s up and down.” – Elizabeth Edwards
26. “Cancer is messy and scary. You throw everything at it, but don’t forget to throw love at it. It turns out that might be the best weapon of all.” – Regina Brett
27. “I cried like a baby. When no one could see me or hear me. Not because I feared what cancer would do, but because I didn’t want the disease. I wanted my life to be normal, which it could no longer be.” – Yuvraj Singh
28. “Nah. I’m a tough cookie. Except for the cancer, I’m fine.” – Lisa Scottoline
29. “During chemo, you’re more tired than you’ve ever been. It’s like a cloud passing over the sun, and suddenly you’re out. You don’t know how you’ll answer the door when your groceries are delivered. But you also find that you’re stronger than you’ve ever been. You’re clear. Your mortality is at optimal distance, not up so close that it obscures everything else, but close enough to give you depth perception. Previously, it has taken you weeks, months, or years to discover the meaning of an experience. Now it’s instantaneous.” – Melissa Bank
30. “You can be a victim of cancer or a survivor of cancer. It’s a mindset.” – Dave Pelzer
For additional reading, be sure to also check out these hero quotes that will inspire you to make a difference.
Fighting cancer quotes to make you strong
31. “Having cancer gave me membership in an elite club I’d rather not belong to.” – Gilda Radner
32. “Cancer is not a death sentence, but rather it is a life sentence; it pushes one to live.” – Marcia Smith
33. “Cancer is such a ruthless adversary because it behaves as if it has its own fiendishly cunning agenda.” – Paul Davies
34. “Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.” – Emory Austin
35. “Cancer affects all of us, whether you’re a daughter, mother, sister, friend, coworker, doctor, or patient.” – Jennifer Aniston
36. “We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.” – Winston Churchill
37. “Optimism is the foundation of courage.” – Nicholas Murray Butler
38. “Cancer is only going to be a chapter in your life, not the whole story” – Joe Wasser
39. “Hope is the power of being cheerful in circumstances that we know to be desperate.” – G. K. Chesterton
40. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.” – Corrie ten Boom
Fighting cancer quotes to inspire and comfort
41. “Take one day at a time. Today, after all, is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” – Billy Graham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of one day at a time quotes to live by.
42. “Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.” – Kia Wynn
43. “Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” – Misty Copeland
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Misty Copeland quotes for a life of passion.
44. “For every wound, there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says, ‘I survived!’” – Craig Scott
45. “Since I had cancer I’ve realised that every day is a bonus.” – Geoffrey Boycott
46. “I’m going to beat this cancer or die trying.” – Michael Landon
47. “The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” – Nikolai Lenin
48. “Strength is born in the deep silence of long-suffering hearts; not amidst joy.” – Felicia Hemans
49. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at a time of challenge and controversy.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
50. “More than 10 million Americans are living with cancer, and they demonstrate the ever-increasing possibility of living beyond cancer.” – Sheryl Crow
Powerful fighting cancer quotes
51. “Faith doesn’t always mean that God changes your situation, sometimes it means he changes you.” – Steven Furtick
52. “Be your own healthcare advocate. You owe it to yourself and the people that love you.” – Dawnia
53. All we’ve got is hope, and we hang on to that every single day.” – Caleb Scott
54. “Surviving cancer is not the end of a gruesome story, it’s the beginning of a beautiful one.” – Casey
55. “I am not thankful for cancer but I am thankful for what cancer has taught me.” – Brett Conley
56. “Cancer doesn’t define who you are, you do it, so keep going.” – Marla, thyroid cancer survivor
57. “There will come a time in life when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.” – Bishop
58. “The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude.” – Unknown
59. “Always be inspired on every trial you face for these are stepping stones for a higher purpose” – Juano Ocampo
60. “Cancer didn’t bring me to my knees, it brought me to my feet.” – Michael Douglas
You might also like these helpful death quotes on the ways we grieve.
More fighting cancer quotes and sayings
61. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong Sally Jenkins
62. “Everyone in this world is breathing borrowed air.” – Rachael Lippincott
63. “The best way to deal with ‘Change’ is to lead it!” – Clifford L Feightner
64. “You are stronger than cancer beat it.” – Odeta Stuikys Rose
65. “You have to fight because if you don’t, you let the opponent win, and if your opponent is cancer, the results can be deadly.” – Lawrence Wray
66. “We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realise we only have one.” – Lawrence Wray
67. “If I am sufficiently brave to extract the cancer of fear, I have effectively gutted my conviction that what stands before me is impossible.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
68. “Well to be fair, I said, I mean she probably can’t handle it. Neither can you, but she doesn’t have to handle it. And you do.” – John Green
69. “Love and laughter are two of the most important universal cancer treatments on the planet. Overdose on them.” – Comic Strip Mama
70. “Everyday is a good day, even when things are hard because we are still here, still fighting to live among the latter.” – Lisa Kinsella
Which of these inspirational fighting cancer quotes uplifts you the most?
These encouraging words about fighting cancer will offer you comfort during an extremely difficult time.
Keeping a positive, optimistic attitude can make a huge difference when dealing with cancer. If you or a loved one need encouragement, these quotes can be a source of strength.
During times of struggle when your courage is tested, remember your favorite sayings and mantras to find inner peace.
The fighting cancer quotes above can help explain the depth of the situation and empower patients and caregivers alike.
Quotes from fighters, survivors, and experts will bring you an intimate understanding of their experiences. The power of their words can lend you strength on your own cancer journey.
These powerful sayings and brilliant insights will help you find peace and comfort. During the darkest times of our lives, there is still always hope. Read these inspirational cancer fighting quotes to motivate, soothe, and spread awareness.
What are your favorite quotes about fighting cancer that have helped you maintain a positive outlook during difficult times? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 31, 2021 6:00 AM EST