The world is made up of different types of unique people. And the world equally needs these unique people. That is how we all experience our best, as the equality quotes below show.
Wouldn’t the world be so boring if we were all the same?
Our world provides an incredibly diverse environment with equally diverse people to match. From our personalities to characteristics there are things that make each person unique. When we embrace that diversity equally is when we truly experience the best that this world has to offer us.
These equality quotes show the importance of treating each other right and why it matters so much.
Best equality quotes
1. “Equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it.” – Frances Wright
2. “The word ‘equality’ shows up too much in our founding documents for anyone to pretend it’s not the American way.” – Martha Plimpton
3. “There’s nothing complicated about equality.” – Alice Paul
4. “I would like to be known as a person who is concerned about freedom and justice and prosperity for all people.” – Rosa Parks
5. “I just believe in equality for all.” – Ashley Wagner
6. “I never doubted that equal rights was the right direction. Most reforms, most problems are complicated. But to me, there is nothing complicated about ordinary equality.” – Alice Paul
7. “Equality implies individuality.” – Trey Anastasio
8. “Martin Luther King, Jr. didn’t carry just a piece of cloth to symbolize his belief in racial equality; he carried the American flag.” – Adrian Cronauer
9. “Race, gender, religion, sexuality, we are all people and that’s it.” – Connor Franta
10. “We are all equal in the fact that we are all different.” – C. Joybell C.
11. “In order for us to have gender equality, we have to stop making it a girl fight, and we have to stop being so interested in seeing girls try to tear each other down.” – Taylor Swift
Equality quotes about fairness in life
12. “These men ask for just the same thing, fairness and fairness only. This so far as in my power, they, and all others, should have.” – Abraham Lincoln
13. “Fairness does not mean everyone gets the same. It means everyone gets what they need.” – Rick Riordan
14. “Fairness is man’s ability to rise above his prejudices.” – We Fesler
15. “Fairness is such a valuable thing that no money can buy it.” – Alain Rene Lesage
16. “Fairness is not an attitude. It’s a professional skill that must be developed and exercised.” – Brit Hume
17. “Play fair, be prepared for others to play dirty, and don’t let them drag you into the mud.” – Richard Branson
18. “No matter who or what you support, I believe in supporting fairness first.” – Jennette McCurdy
19. “Fairness is what justice really is.” – Potter Stewart
20. “It is not fair to ask of someone else what you are not willing to do yourself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Equality quotes about justice
21. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King
22. “Never forget that justice is what love looks like in public.” – Cornel West
23. “Nobody is poor unless he stands in need of justice.” – Lactantius
24. “True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
25. “It is not possible to be in favor of justice for some people and not be in favor of justice for all people.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
26. “Justice has always evoked ideas of equality, of proportion of compensation. Equity signifies equality. Rules and regulations, right and righteousness are concerned with equality in value. If all men are equal, then all men are of the same essence, and the common essence entitles them of the same fundamental rights and equal liberty… In short justice is another name of liberty, equality and fraternity.” – B.R. Ambedkar
27. “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.” – Benjamin Franklin
28. “The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.” – Proverbs 29:7
29. “I should like to be able to love my country and still love justice.” – Albert Camus
30. “I think that the day a justice forgets that each decision comes at a cost to someone, then I think you start losing your humanity.” – Sonia Sotomayor
Equality quotes on the importance of equality for all
31. “To live anywhere in the world today and be against equality because of race or color is like living in Alaska and being against snow.” – William Faulkner
32. “The future is all of us… We need to add seats to the table. We’re not taking away seats. We need to include everyone. This is for the betterment of everyone’s world.” – Natalie Portman
33. “Equality of opportunity is an equal opportunity to prove unequal talents.” – Viscount Samuel
34. “We call upon all communities to be tolerant—to reject prejudice based on cast, creed, sect, religion or gender. To ensure freedom and equality for women so that they can flourish. We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
35. “All men are equal: it is not birth, but virtue alone, that makes the difference.” – Voltaire
36. “Until we get equality in education, we won’t have an equal society.” – Sonia Sotomayor
37. “Achieving gender equality requires the engagement of women and men, girls and boys. It is everyone’s responsibility.” – Ban Ki-moon
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of engagement quotes about the power of commitment and love.
38. “Equality is not in regarding different things similarly, equality is in regarding different things differently.” – Tom Robbins
39. “Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance.” – Kofi Annan
40. “Gender equality must become a lived reality.” – Michelle Bachelet
More equality quotes and sayings
41. “Before God we are all equally wise- and equally foolish.” – Albert Einstein
42. “Women will only have true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
43. “Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions- it only guarantees equality of opportunity.” – Irving Kristol
44. “The history of the past is but one long struggle upward to equality.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
45. “I want for myself what I want for all women, absolute equality.” – Agnes Macphail
46. “For a modern woman it is important to be supported and that there is equality in every aspect, and that it’s not two halves that make a whole. It’s two wholes that make a whole.” – Katy Perry
47. “All imaginable futures are not equally possible.” – Kevin Kelly
48. “Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women.” – Joss Whedon
49. “Any serious shift towards more sustainable societies has to include gender equality.” – Helen Clark
50. “I hope that we always have diversity and that we have equality and representation every step of the way.” – Marsai Martin
Which of these equality quotes resonated with you best?
There have been and continue to be many wise men and women who fight for equality for all. Some of their words and messages are shared in the quotes above. It’s important that we can acknowledge the progress that has been made while still being able to acknowledge the places we still need to address.
Be encouraged by the words above and make sure you pay attention to the way that you treat those around you on a daily basis. Even our little words and deeds can go a long way in moving the needle forward in equality for all.
Which of these equality quotes and sayings resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
October 23, 2020 7:00 AM EST