Looking for the best music quotes that will fuel your soul? We have the best motivational music quotes for you here on Everyday Power.
When you’re feeling down on yourself, do you ever put on music to lift your spirits?
If the answer is yes, you are certainly not alone. Music has the power to brighten our mood, reframe our perspective, and turn that frown upside down in no time flat.
Music is an essential part of human existence. Listening to music leaves a major impact on each one of us. It can boost your mood, reduce stress and improve your health and overall well-being.
According to studies, the majority of people have positive experiences when listening to music; whether it’s sad, or upbeat music.
During times of loss, for example, listening to sad music that describes what you’re feeling can be compared to listening to an empathetic friend who truly understands what you’re going through.
On the other hand, listening to upbeat music is a wonderful way to improve your mood and boost your happiness.
Music has also been used as therapy for a long time, helping people to cope with pain, manage stress and improve memory.
In fact, some researchers found that patients experienced less pain and anxiety when they listened to music before, during, or after surgery.
To remind us of the Everyday Power of music and how it heals our souls, we’ve prepared this collection of inspirational, beautiful, and funny music quotes, music sayings, and music proverbs.
We hope you’ll enjoy reading these music quotes as much as we enjoyed compiling them. For even more inspiration, don’t forget to also read our selection of Dolly Parton quotes on living your best life.
Music quotes on how it heals our soul
1. “Where words fail, music speaks.” – Hans Christian Andersen
2. “Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music.” – George Eliot
3. “Music is to the soul what words are to the mind.” ― Modest Mouse
4. “A great song should lift your heart, warm the soul and make you feel good.” – Colbie Caillat
5. “Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
6. “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” – Plato
7. “My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
8. “Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.” ― Kahlil Gibran
9. “Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart.” – Pablo Casals
10. “Music is like a huge release of tension.” – James Taylor
Music quotes that remind of the impact it has on us
11. “Without music, life would be a blank to me.”― Jane Austen
12. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley (view more Bob Marley quotes)
13. “Music is the strongest form of magic.” ― Marilyn Manson
14. “Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.” ― Maya Angelou
15. “Music brings a warm glow to my vision, thawing mind and muscle from their endless wintering.” ― Haruki Murakami
16. “I need to listen to chill music when I’m driving. It prevents road rage.” – Aaron Paul
17. “If you were music, I would listen to you ceaselessly, and my low spirits would brighten up.” ― Anna Akhmatova
18. “Music is my higher power.” – Oliver James
19. “I haven’t understood a bar of music in my life, but I have felt it.” – Igor Stravinsky
20. “Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” – Keith Richards
Also read these Johnny Cash quotes from one of the greatest musicians of his time.
Music quotes to remind of its power
21. “Without music, life would be a mistake.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
22. “Music is powerful. As people listen to it, they can be affected. They respond.” – Ray Charles
23. “People haven’t always been there for me but music always has.” ― Taylor Swift
24. “The only truth is music.” ― Jack Kerouac
25. “I wanted to prove the sustaining power of music.” – David Bowie
26. “Sometimes I feel like rap music is almost the key to stopping racism.” – Eminem
27. “Music can change the world because it can change people.” ― Bono
28. “Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.” – Elton John
29. “Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life.” ― Jean Paul Friedrich Richter
30. “Music is … A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy” ― Ludwig van Beethoven
Music quotes to inspire and enlighten
31. “Music changes, and I’m gonna change right along with it.” – Aretha Franklin
32. “Country music is three chords and the truth.” – Harlan Howard
33. “I lose myself in music because I can’t be bothered explaining what I feel to anyone else around me.” – Robert Smith
34. “Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends.” – Alphonse de Lamartine
35. “Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.” ― Edward Bulwer Lytton
36. “How is it that music can, without words, evoke our laughter, our fears, our highest aspirations?” – Jane Swan
37. “Music is a weapon in the war against unhappiness.” – Jason Mraz
38. “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” – Aldous Huxley
39. “Music is well said to be the speech of angels.” – Thomas Carlyle
40. “When words fail music speaks. – Irena Huang
Don’t forget to also read these song quotes from the biggest hits of 2019.
Music quotes that will make your day
41. “I see my life in terms of music.” – Albert Einstein
42. “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer
43. “Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.” – Plato
44. “Words make you think. Music makes you feel. A song makes you feel a thought.” – E.Y. Harburg
45. “The power of music makes all the difference to me with motivation throughout the day.” – Paul Brodie
46. “Music is by far the most wonderful method we have to remind us each day of the power of personal accomplishment.” – Chris S. Salazar
47. “It’s like if the music is loud enough I won’t be able to listen to my own thoughts.” – Nic Sheff
48. “Music – that’s been my education. There’s not a day that goes by that I take it for granted.” – Billie Joe Armstrong
49. “Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don’t understand the language that you’re singing in, they still know good music when they hear it.” – Lou Rawls
50. “Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.” ― Frank Zappa
Other inspirational music quotes
51. “Softly, deftly, music shall caress you. Hear it, feel it, Secretly possess you.” ― Charles Hart
52. “Music gives color to the air of the moment.”― Karl Lagerfeld
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Karl Lagerfeld quotes that will make you see the art in life.
53. “Music, my rampart and my only one.” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
54. “Music is the soundtrack to every good and bad time we will ever have.”― Alex Gaskarth
55. “Music is the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend.”― Ludwig van Beethoven
56. “Music is what tell us that the human race is greater than we realize.” ― Napoléon Bonaparte
57. “Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.”
― Sergei Rachmaninov
58. “Music, when soft voices die, vibrates in the memory.” ― Percy Bysshe Shelley
59. “The music we listen to may not define who we are. But it’s a damn good start.”― Jodi Picoult
60. “I love the way music inside a car makes you feel invisible; if you play the stereo at max volume, it’s almost like the other people can’t see into your vehicle. It tints your windows, somehow.” ― Chuck Klosterman
61. “In music the passions enjoy themselves.”― Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
62. “If I cannot fly, let me sing.” ― Stephen Sondheim
63. “Life is one grand sweet song so start the music.”― Ronald Reagan
64. “Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible delights of the soul.” ― Johann Sebastian Bach
65. “Why not just live in the moment, especially if it has a good beat?”― Goldie Hawn
More music quotes and sayings
66. “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” ― Confucious
67. “Some people have lives; some people have music.” – John Green
68. “Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” – Victor Hugo
69. “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.” – Arthur William Edgar O’Shaughnessy
70. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” – Johnny Depp
71. “The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
72. “Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.” – Sarah Dessen
73. “Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” – Maria von Trapp
74. “Pop music often tells you everything is OK, while rock music tells you that it’s not OK, but you can change it.” – Bono
75. “Music could ache and hurt, that beautiful music was a place a suffering man could hide.” – Pat Conroy
76. “Sing your life; any fool can think of words that rhyme.” – Morrissey
Thought-provoking music quotes
76. “Composers shouldn’t think too much – it interferes with their plagiarism.” – Howard Dietz
77. “Every song is like a painting.” – Dick Dale
78. “Long intros are cool because there’s a little bit of anticipation, you know?” – Miranda Lambert
79. “I think often sadness is a great place to get songs from.” – Sarah McLachlan
80. “Music is the silence between the notes.” – Claude Debussy
81. “Live music is where you get the inspiration and the creativity.” – Paul Rodgers
82. “Music has a poetry of its own, and that poetry is called melody.” – Joshua Logan
83. “Music and silence combine strongly because music is done with silence, and silence is full of music.” – Marcel Marceau
84. “Those who wish to sing always find a song.” – Unknown
85. “The most exciting rhythms seem unexpected and complex, the most beautiful melodies simple and inevitable.” – H. Auden
86. “Even if you can’t sing well, sing. Sing to yourself. Sing in the privacy of your home. But sing.” – Rebbe Nachman
Music quotes on how different folks interpret different notes
87. “For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.” – Reba McEntire
88. “Music doesn’t lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.” – Jimi Hendrix
89. “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” – Billy Joel
90. “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” – Berthold Auerbach
91. “Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand.” – Stevie Wonder
92. “Music is the universal language of mankind.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
93. “When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable.” – Henry David Thoreau
94. “Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die.” – Paul Simon
95. “Music is the medicine of the breaking heart.” – Leigh Hunt
96.”There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we’d all love one another.” – Frank Zappa
Which of these music quotes was your favorite?
Each one of us has experienced an emotional connection with music. Music can make you feel happy or sad, in love or angry.
There is music that lifts your mood when you’re feeling down and music that can motivate you to reach the next level. In short, music is therapy for the soul and mind.
Hopefully, these quotes about music have fueled your soul and reminded you of the impact it has on each one of us.
Did you enjoy these music quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and loved ones.
April 13, 2022 6:00 AM EST