Looking for the best music quotes that will fuel your soul?
We have the best motivational music quotes for you here on Everyday Power.
Tell us your favorite one in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these music quotes?
Do you ever put on music to lift your spirits when you’re feeling down on yourself?
If the answer is yes, you are certainly not alone.
Music has the power to:
- brighten our mood
- reframe our perspective
- turn that frown upside down in no time flat
Music is an essential part of human existence.
Listening to music leaves a major impact on each one of us.
It can boost your mood, reduce stress and improve your health and overall well-being.
On the other hand, listening to upbeat music is a wonderful way to improve your mood and boost your happiness.
Music has also been used as therapy for a long time, helping people to cope with pain, manage stress, and improve memory.
In fact, some researchers found that patients experienced less pain and anxiety when they listened to music before, during, or after surgery.
To remind us of the Everyday Power of music and how it heals our souls, we’ve prepared this collection of inspirational, beautiful, and funny music quotes, music sayings, and music proverbs.
We hope you’ll enjoy reading these music quotes as much as we enjoyed compiling them.
For even more inspiration, don’t forget to also read our selection of Dolly Parton quotes on living your best life.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Music quotes on how it heals our soul
1. “Where words fail, music speaks.” – Hans Christian Andersen
You will also enjoy our article on be listening quotes.
2. “Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music.” – George Eliot
You will also enjoy our article on her quotes.
3. “Music is to the soul what words are to the mind.” ― Modest Mouse
You will also enjoy our article on Jimi Hendrix quotes.
4. “A great song should lift your heart, warm the soul and make you feel good.” – Colbie Caillat
You will also enjoy our article on prince quotes.
5. “Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
You will also enjoy our article on Kurt Cobain quotes.
6. “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” – Plato
You will also enjoy our article on Chris Brown quotes.
7. “My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
You will also enjoy our article on NBA youngboy quotes.
8. “Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.” ― Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on Mac Miller quotes.
9. “Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart.” – Pablo Casals
You will also enjoy our article on Michael Jackson quotes.
10. “Music is like a huge release of tension.” – James Taylor
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of band quotes from musical icons.
Music quotes that remind of the impact it has on us
11. “Without music, life would be a blank to me.”― Jane Austen
You will also enjoy our article on Juice WRLD quotes and lyrics.
12. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley (view more Bob Marley quotes)
You will also enjoy our article on Frank Ocean quotes.
13. “Music is the strongest form of magic.” ― Marilyn Manson
You will also enjoy our article on Kevin Gates quotes and lyrics.
14. “Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.” ― Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on eminem quotes.
15. “Music brings a warm glow to my vision, thawing mind and muscle from their endless wintering.” ― Haruki Murakami
You will also enjoy our article on Taylor Swift quotes.
16. “I need to listen to chill music when I’m driving. It prevents road rage.” – Aaron Paul
17. “If you were music, I would listen to you ceaselessly, and my low spirits would brighten up.” ― Anna Akhmatova
18. “Music is my higher power.” – Oliver James
You will also enjoy our article on emo quotes.
19. “I haven’t understood a bar of music in my life, but I have felt it.” – Igor Stravinsky
20. “Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” – Keith Richards
Also read these Johnny Cash quotes from one of the greatest musicians of his time.
Music quotes to remind of its power
21. “Without music, life would be a mistake.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
You will also enjoy our article on nourish your soul.
22. “Music is powerful. As people listen to it, they can be affected. They respond.” – Ray Charles
23. “People haven’t always been there for me but music always has.” ― Taylor Swift
24. “The only truth is music.” ― Jack Kerouac
25. “I wanted to prove the sustaining power of music.” – David Bowie
26. “Sometimes I feel like rap music is almost the key to stopping racism.” – Eminem
27. “Music can change the world because it can change people.” ― Bono
28. “Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.” – Elton John
You will also enjoy our article on wind chime quotes.
29. “Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life.” ― Jean Paul Friedrich Richter
30. “Music is … A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy” ― Ludwig van Beethoven
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of rock star quotes for music lovers.
Music quotes to inspire and enlighten
31. “Music changes, and I’m gonna change right along with it.” – Aretha Franklin
32. “Country music is three chords and the truth.” – Harlan Howard
33. “I lose myself in music because I can’t be bothered explaining what I feel to anyone else around me.” – Robert Smith
34. “Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends.” – Alphonse de Lamartine
35. “Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.” ― Edward Bulwer Lytton
36. “How is it that music can, without words, evoke our laughter, our fears, our highest aspirations?” – Jane Swan
37. “Music is a weapon in the war against unhappiness.” – Jason Mraz
38. “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” – Aldous Huxley
39. “Music is well said to be the speech of angels.” – Thomas Carlyle
40. “When words fail music speaks. – Irena Huang
Don’t forget to also read these song quotes from the biggest hits of 2019.
Music quotes that will make your day
41. “I see my life in terms of music.” – Albert Einstein
42. “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer
43. “Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.” – Plato
44. “Words make you think. Music makes you feel. A song makes you feel a thought.” – E.Y. Harburg
45. “The power of music makes all the difference to me with motivation throughout the day.” – Paul Brodie
46. “Music is by far the most wonderful method we have to remind us each day of the power of personal accomplishment.” – Chris S. Salazar
47. “It’s like if the music is loud enough I won’t be able to listen to my own thoughts.” – Nic Sheff
48. “Music – that’s been my education. There’s not a day that goes by that I take it for granted.” – Billie Joe Armstrong
49. “Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don’t understand the language that you’re singing in, they still know good music when they hear it.” – Lou Rawls
50. “Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.” ― Frank Zappa
Other inspirational music quotes
51. “Softly, deftly, music shall caress you. Hear it, feel it, Secretly possess you.” ― Charles Hart
52. “Music gives color to the air of the moment.”― Karl Lagerfeld
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Karl Lagerfeld quotes that will make you see the art in life.
53. “Music, my rampart and my only one.” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
54. “Music is the soundtrack to every good and bad time we will ever have.”― Alex Gaskarth
55. “Music is the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend.”― Ludwig van Beethoven
56. “Music is what tell us that the human race is greater than we realize.” ― Napoléon Bonaparte
57. “Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.”
― Sergei Rachmaninov
58. “Music, when soft voices die, vibrates in the memory.” ― Percy Bysshe Shelley
59. “The music we listen to may not define who we are. But it’s a damn good start.”― Jodi Picoult
60. “I love the way music inside a car makes you feel invisible; if you play the stereo at max volume, it’s almost like the other people can’t see into your vehicle. It tints your windows, somehow.” ― Chuck Klosterman
61. “In music the passions enjoy themselves.”― Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
62. “If I cannot fly, let me sing.” ― Stephen Sondheim
63. “Life is one grand sweet song so start the music.”― Ronald Reagan
64. “Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible delights of the soul.” ― Johann Sebastian Bach
65. “Why not just live in the moment, especially if it has a good beat?”― Goldie Hawn
More music quotes and sayings
66. “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” ― Confucious
67. “Some people have lives; some people have music.” – John Green
68. “Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” – Victor Hugo
69. “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.” – Arthur William Edgar O’Shaughnessy
70. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” – Johnny Depp
71. “The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
72. “Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.” – Sarah Dessen
73. “Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” – Maria von Trapp
74. “Pop music often tells you everything is OK, while rock music tells you that it’s not OK, but you can change it.” – Bono
75. “Music could ache and hurt, that beautiful music was a place a suffering man could hide.” – Pat Conroy
76. “Sing your life; any fool can think of words that rhyme.” – Morrissey
Thought-provoking music quotes
76. “Composers shouldn’t think too much – it interferes with their plagiarism.” – Howard Dietz
77. “Every song is like a painting.” – Dick Dale
78. “Long intros are cool because there’s a little bit of anticipation, you know?” – Miranda Lambert
79. “I think often sadness is a great place to get songs from.” – Sarah McLachlan
80. “Music is the silence between the notes.” – Claude Debussy
81. “Live music is where you get the inspiration and the creativity.” – Paul Rodgers
82. “Music has a poetry of its own, and that poetry is called melody.” – Joshua Logan
83. “Music and silence combine strongly because music is done with silence, and silence is full of music.” – Marcel Marceau
84. “Those who wish to sing always find a song.” – Unknown
85. “The most exciting rhythms seem unexpected and complex, the most beautiful melodies simple and inevitable.” – H. Auden
86. “Even if you can’t sing well, sing. Sing to yourself. Sing in the privacy of your home. But sing.” – Rebbe Nachman
Music quotes on how different folks interpret different notes
87. “For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.” – Reba McEntire
88. “Music doesn’t lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.” – Jimi Hendrix
89. “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” – Billy Joel
90. “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” – Berthold Auerbach
91. “Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand.” – Stevie Wonder
92. “Music is the universal language of mankind.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
93. “When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable.” – Henry David Thoreau
94. “Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die.” – Paul Simon
95. “Music is the medicine of the breaking heart.” – Leigh Hunt
96.”There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we’d all love one another.” – Frank Zappa
Music Quotes To Warm Your Heart
97. “When you’re happy, you enjoy the music but when you’re sad, you understand the lyrics.” ― Frank Ocean
98. “I think there is a song out there to describe just about any situation.” — Criss Jami
99. “Such sweet compulsion doth in music lie.” ― John Milton
100. “Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.” — Lao Tzu
101. “Music is not take it or leave it; Music is life or death!” ― Joss Stirling
102. “My music isn’t just music—it’s medicine.” — Kanye West
103. “Or music heard so deeply that it is not heard at all, but you are the music while the music lasts.” — T.S. Eliot
104. “If everyone started off the day singing, just think how happy they’d be.” ― Lauren Myracle
105. “The more you love music, the more music you love.” ― Tom Moon
106. “Music is very spiritual, it has the power to bring people together.” — Edgar Winter
Beautiful Music Quotes To Connect With Your Soul
107. “We are able to feel and learn very quickly through music, through art, through poetry some spiritual things that we would otherwise learn very slowly.” ― Boyd K. Packer
108. “Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!” ― J. K. Rowling
109. “I am comforted by the assurance that there will be beautiful music in heaven, and for that I am most grateful.” ― Spencer W. Kimball
110. “Without music, I should wish to die.” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
111. “If in the afterlife there is no music, we will have to import it.” ― Domenico Cieri
112. “All good music resembles something. Good music stirs by its mysterious resemblance to the objects and feelings which motivated it.” ― Jean Cocteau
113. “Inspiring music may fill the soul with heavenly thoughts, move one to righteous action, or speak peace to the soul.” ― Ezra Taft Benson
114. “Music revives the recollections it would appease.” ― Madame de Stael
115. “The most effective preaching of the gospel is when it is accompanied by beautiful, appropriate music.” ― Harold B. Lee
116. “Music is not merely a study, it is an entertainment; wherever there is music there is a throng of listeners.” ― William C. Bryant
Music Quotes To Connect With Your Soul
117. “Music is given to us with the sole purpose of establishing an order in things, including, and particularly, the coordination between man and time.” ― Igor Stravinsky
118. “The whole thing of being in music is not to control it but to be swept away by it.” ― Bobby Hutcherson
119. “Music is one of the fairest and most glorious gifts of God.” ― Martin Luther
120. “Music is not a science any more than poetry is. It is a sublime instinct, like genius of all kinds.” ― Quida
121. “Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don’t take it too seriously.” ― Henry Miller
122. “Music, when thus applied, raises noble hints in the mind of the hearer, and fills it with great conceptions. It strengthens devotion, and advances praise into rapture.” ― Joseph Addison
123. “There’s nothing like music to relieve the soul and uplift it.” ― Mickey Hart
124. “Music can set an atmosphere of worship which invites [the] spirit of revelation, of testimony.” ― Boyd K. Packer
125. “Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words.” ― Robert Green Ingersoll
126. “Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.” ― Henry David Thoreau
Music Quotes to Celebrate the Soundtrack of Life
127. “Music is my shining light, my favorite thing in the world. T get me to stop doing it for one second would be difficult!” ― Taylor Swift
128. “Music makes one feel so romantic – at least it always gets on one’s nerves – which is the same thing nowadays.” ― Oscar Wilde
129. “I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.” ― George Eliot
130. “If I were to begin life again, I would devote it to music. It is the only cheap and unpunished rapture upon earth.” ― Sydney Smith
131. “Any good music must be an innovation.” ― Les Baxter
132. “To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it’s about, but the inner music that words make.” ― Truman Capote
133. “Music religious heat inspires, It wakes the soul, and lifts it high, And wings it with sublime desires, And fits it to bespeak the Deity.” ― Joseph Addison
134. “Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memories.” ― Oscar Wilde
135. “Jazz is the only music in which the same note can be played night after night but differently each time.” ― Ornette Coleman
136. “We must see that music theory is not only about music, but about how people process it. To understand any art, we must look below its surface into the psychological details of its creation and absorption.” ― Marvin Minsky
Which of these music quotes was your favorite?
Each one of us has experienced an emotional connection with music.
Music can make you feel happy or sad, in love or angry.
There is music that lifts your mood when you’re feeling down and music that can motivate you to reach the next level.
In short, music is therapy for the soul and mind.
Hopefully, these quotes about music have fueled your soul and reminded you of the impact it has on each one of us.
Did you enjoy these music quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share this article on social media with your friends and loved ones.