Remember how powerful you are with the world is yours quotes listed below.
The world is so vast and large; how could it belong to any one person?
Check out our the world is yours quotes below to find out.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
What does the world is yours mean?
The phrase or idiom ‘the world is yours’ can have several meanings.
It can mean the world or your life belongs only to you.
Since the world or this life is your possession, you must make use of it as much as possible.
You must endeavor to your utmost to make it better, preserve it and comprehend it.
Check out these interesting facts below:
- The world is yours is a misquoted line from William Shakespeare.
- The world is yours, but you have to share it with eight billion other people.
- Rappers Pete Rock and Nas made the phrase the world is yours very popular.
Where does the phrase the world is yours come from?
Many popular phrases and sayings can be traced back to the writings of William Shakespeare.
He stands as a literary giant whose work still impacts our world over four hundred years later.
In the year 1602, Shakespeare published The Merry Wives of Windsor.
The play is about an aging, overweight knight named Falstaff who attempts to fix his financial problems by seducing the wives of two wealthy merchants.
He sends love letters to each woman, and the wives discover that the letters are identical.
In an attempt to get revenge, they play tricks on Falstaff when he comes calling.
In the play, there is a very famous line between Falstaff and one of his attendants, Pistol.
Pistol asks Falstaff for a loan, and Falstaff denies him.
The hilarious exchange goes as follows:
Falstaff: I will not lend thee a penny.
Pistol: Why then the world’s mine oyster, which I, with sword, will open.
Falstaff: Not a penny.
What can we learn from the phrase the world is yours?
The phrase the world’s mine oyster is often misquoted as the world is your oyster.
Later on, the phrase was shortened to the world is yours.
The phrase is often said to young people on the way to adulthood.
It means that everything is available to you, and you may encounter something special.
An oyster might be hard to open, but once it is open, it is a delicacy.
Additionally, if you are blessed, you might receive a pearl inside.
Life is the same way; you never know what blessings await you.
To learn more, check out our ‘the world is yours’ quotes below.
Short the world is yours quotes that will empower you
Remember, the world is yours!
1. “This world is yours.” — Melissa Marr
2. “The world is yours.” — Tony Montana, Scarface
3. “Shine like the whole world is yours.” — Rumi
4. “You are the world, and the world is you.” — Jiddu Krishnamurti
5. “Whose world is this? The world is yours.” — Nas
Related: Short Inspirational Quotes
6. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” — Gandhi
7. “Solve a real problem, and the world is yours.” — Aaron Patzer
8. “You are free. The world is yours. Got to take it.” — Brom
9. “This is your world. Shape it, or someone else will.” — Gary Lew
10. “Every day is a fashion show, and the world is your run way.” — Coco Chanel
The top the world is yours quotes about taking over
If you wish to take over your world, you must first master yourself.
11. “Outlive your superiors, and the world is yours.” — R.A. Salvatore
12. “The world is already yours; why try to conquer it?” — Rasheed Ogunlaru
13. “You’ve got to teach yourself to take over the world.” — Priyanka Chopra
14. “The world is your oyster. Never stop trying new things.” — Robin Williams
15. “The world is your oyster. It’s up to you to find the pearls.” — Chris Gardner
16. “I want what’s coming to me. The world and everything in it.” — Tony Montana
17. “Hold nothing back from God, and even the world is yours.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
18. “The world is your playground. Play with a sense of destiny.” — Edward Boyden
19. “I want what’s coming to me. The world and everything in it.” — Tony Montana
20. “The world is yours the moment you follow your own dreams.” — Toni Sorenson
The best the world is yours quotes to keep you grounded
These quotes are sure to remind you of your power.
21. “The world is your catwalk, so just remember this when you’re out there.” — RuPaul
22. “The world is a far greater place than I ever imagined. And it is yours.” — Bryan Charles
23. “Remember that consciousness is power. Tomorrow’s world is yours to build.” — Yuri Kochiyama
24. “Nobody else is going to do the things which are yours to be done in the world.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “When you are a young person, the world is yours. You can do the impossible.” — Philippe Petit
26. “Education helps you to create a new world which is uniquely yours to live and enjoy.” — Debasish Mridha
27. “This world is your body. This world is a great school; This world is your silent teacher.” — Sivananda
28. “You create the world, Blink by Blink. It is entirely yours to discover and yours to create.” — Sophia Amoruso
29. “You cannot be defined by your skin color, where you come from. The world is yours; embrace it.” — Angelique Kidjo
30. “When every action of yours is preceded by witnessing, then every move you make in this world becomes perfect and significant.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Famous the world is yours quotes about magic and truth
Life is magical, and you must live yours to the fullest.
31. “Everything you need in the world is yours; all you need to do is to just to get it.” — Evans Biya
32. “It is never too late to be what you might have been. The world is yours. Go for it.” — George Elliot
33. “The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, and it is yours.” — Ayn Rand
34. “The world is yours and everything in it. It’s out there. Get on your grind, and get it.” — Young Jeezy
35. “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for your senses to grow sharper.” — W.B Yeats
36. “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So get on your way!” — Dr. Seuss
37. “Yesterday, I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” — Rumi
38. “The world is a looking glass. It gives back to every man a true reflection of his own thoughts. Rule your mind, or it will rule you.” — Buddha
39. “The world is your oyster. Yes, but in that oyster is the pearl, and to get to the pearl, one has to first discard the shell and the flesh.” — Ian Gardner
40. “The world is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work on it.” — Al-Hasan Al-Basri
The world is yours quotes and sayings about reaching your destination
Your path is unique, and only you can walk it.
41. “Pay attention to unawareness. It will make you conscious, and when you become conscious, the world is yours.” — Srikanth Mahankali
42. “When your mind’s light is on, the world is yours. When your heart’s light is on, the sky is yours. When your soul’s light is on, the universe is yours.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
43. “You have got to unite in the same labor union and in the same political party and strike and vote together, and the hour you do that, the world is yours.” — Eugene V. Debs
44. “Peace dies when the framework is ripped apart. When there is no longer a place that is yours in the world. When you know no longer where your friend is to be found.” — Antoine De Saint-Exupery
45. “Your path is yours alone. And if it’s the path less traveled, that’s absolutely fine. The world doesn’t need more conformists. The world needs more people who create and question and search.” — Laird Hamilton
46. “The world is yours, as well as ours, but in the last analysis, it is yours. You young people, full of vigor and vitality, are in the bloom of life, like the sun at eight or nine in the morning. Our hope is placed on you.” — Mao Zedong
A few more the world is yours quotes
Enjoy these final quotes to remind you that the world is yours.
47. “You are responsible for the world that you live in. It is not government’s responsibility. It is not your school’s or your social club’s or your church’s or your neighbor’s, or your fellow citizens. It is yours, utterly and singularly yours.” — August Wilson
48. “I’ve gotta breathe it, I’ve gotta eat it, I’ve gotta sleep it, and until you get there, you will never be successful in life. But once you get there, I guarantee you, the world is yours. So work hard, and you can have whatever it is that you want.” — Eric Thomas
49. “You can live each day in a world filled with ‘problems,’ or rise each morning and embrace a world filled with unseen solutions … eager for you to find them. The decision is yours. Both worlds exist. The one you choose is the one you will create.” — Michael McMillian
50. “Generally speaking, all true children’s stories make promises to their readers. Here you are, they say, unhandy and short, and there is a big world that one day will be yours. Listen to how it happened for Cinderella once upon a time, and Jack with his beanstalk, and Aladdin with his lamp.” — John Goldthwaite
The world is yours, so what will you do with it?
Each of us has a unique opportunity to live the life we want to live.
Your world is yours, and only you can make it awesome.
What will you do with your world today?
Let us know in the comments section below.