The book and movie fans will enjoy these Where the Crawdads Sing quotes.
Where the Crawdads Sing is a novel by American author Delia Owens that was later adapted into a major motion picture.
The novel was published in 2018 and became a New York Times bestseller.
It’s a coming-of-age story and a murder mystery set in the 1950s and 1960s in a small coastal town in North Carolina.
The movie was released in 2022 and directed by Olivia Newman.
Tell us your favorite Where the Crawdads Sing quote in the comments section below!
You may also enjoy the following related articles about other bestsellers:
The benefits of reading Where the Crawdads Sing quotes
The main character in Where the Crawdads Sing is Kya Clark, also known as the “Marsh Girl.”
She grows up in isolation in the marshlands of North Carolina, but despite her harsh upbringing and limited education, she is a smart and resourceful girl.
When a local man named Chase Andrews is found dead, Kya becomes the prime suspect.
She must navigate a complex web of rumors and accusations to prove her innocence.
As the investigation unfolds, the story interweaves Kya’s past and present experiences and explores several major themes.
The major themes explored in Where the Crawdads Sing are:
- The search for identity
These are themes that everyone can relate to on some level.
They remind us that no matter our birthplace, background, or life circumstances, as humans, we are united through the similarity of our struggles and the profound nature of our feelings.
Reading Where the Crawdads Sing quotes will help you feel more connected to others who you may see as very different from yourself.
It will ignite a sense of emotional connection in you that human beings need to feel to have and express love, kindness, and compassion.
Enjoy these Where the Crawdads Sing quotes!
Where the Crawdads Sing movie quotes from Kya Clark
Here are profound Where the Crawdads Sing movie quotes from Kya Clark.
1. “The only constant in nature is change.” — Kya Clark
2. “People forget about the creatures who live in shells.” — Kya Clark
3. “Sometimes I feel so invisible, I wonder if I’m here at all.” — Kya Clark
4. “Being completely alone was a feeling so vast, it echoed.” — Kya Clark
5. “I know you think I’m trash, but I’m worth more than a picnic.” — Kya Clark
6. “I don’t know if there is a dark side to nature. Just inventive ways to endure it. Against all odds.” — Kya Clark
7. “A swamp knows all about death and doesn’t necessarily define it as tragedy. Certainly not a sin.” — Kya Clark
8. “Marsh is not swamp. Marsh is a space of light where grass grows in water, and water flows into the sky.” — Kya Clark
9. “Within all the worlds of biology, I searched for an explanation of why a mother would leave her offspring.” — Kya Clark
10. “Whenever I stumbled, the marsh caught me. At some unclaimed moment, at last, the heart pain seeped away like water into sand. Still there, but deep.” — Kya Clark
Movie Quotes from Tate Walker and Chase Andrews in Where the Crawdads Sing
These are some inspirational Where the Crawdads Sing movie quotes from Tate Walker and Chase Andrews.
11. “Not all words hold that much” — Tate Walker
12. “I’m going to get a degree and be something.” — Tate Walker
13. “I think you’re free as a dang gale and smart as a whip.” — Chase Andrews
14. “I want you more than anything, but I can’t be damaged as easily. It’s more dangerous for you.” — Tate Walker
15. “There’s nobody I know who could live out here alone like this. I mean, most guys would be too scared.” — Chase Andrews
Where the Crawdads Sing quotes from the novel
Enjoy these Where the Crawdads Sing quotes from the novel!
16. “Needing people ended in hurt.” ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
17. “Unworthy boys make a lot of noise” ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
18. “Sand keeps secrets better than mud.” ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
19. “Time ensures children never know their parents young.” ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
20. “If anyone would understand loneliness, the moon would.” ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
21. “Go as far as you can—way out yonder where the crawdads sing.” ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
22. “Faces change with life’s toll, but eyes remain a window to what was…” ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
23. “There are some who can live without wild things, and some who cannot.” ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
24. “Autumn leaves don’t fall; they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar.” ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
25. “Please don’t talk to me about isolation. No one has to tell me how it changes a person. I have lived it. I am isolation.” ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
The novel has received critical acclaim
Many people like to start with the book and then watch the movie.
Others like to do the opposite.
And, of course, some people might only take the time to do one or the other.
Either way, Where the Crawdads Sing is a tale that definitely warrants your time.
The novel has received widespread critical acclaim for its captivating storyline, vivid descriptions of the coastal landscape, and well-developed characters.
It has been described as a mix of mystery, coming-of-age, and romance and compared to classic novels such as “To Kill a Mockingbird” and “The Secret Life of Bees.”
It’s hailed as a well-written and engaging novel that offers its audience a rich and rewarding reading experience.
Tell us your favorite Where the Crawdads Sing quote in the comments section!
If you enjoyed reading these Where the Crawdads Sing quotes, please click the Share button so others can enjoy them as well!