Motivational quotes about change in life, business and relationships.
If you enjoy these quotes share them with family and friends!
If we are to live fully, we are to live with change.
But change isn’t always easy.
We’ve compiled some quotes about change to inspire it’s waaaarm embrace.
Whether it’s new obstacles at work, new demands in school or changes in the family – major transitions are a part of life. Let’s not run from change, let’s dance with it.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Quotes About Change
1. “You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler.” – Denis Waitley
You will also enjoy our article on transformation quotes.
2. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on change growth.
3. “Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene.” – A. C. Benson
4. “When you are through changing, you are through.” – Bruce Barton
5. “Growth is the only evidence of life.” – John Henry Newman
6. “We are the change we have been waiting for.” ― Barack Obama
7. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
8. “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
9. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
10. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglass
Quotes about Change and Reasons to do so
11. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” ― Lao Tzu
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of life changing quotes about love, life and death.
12. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ― Socrates
13. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”― Margaret Mead
14. “When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.” ― Paulo Coelho
15. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan Watts
16. “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
17. “What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain.” – Maya Angelou
18. “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
19. “If you’re in a bad situation, don’t worry it’ll change. If you’re in a good situation, don’t worry it’ll change.” – John A. Simone, Sr.
20. “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.” ― Eric Roth
21. “I have accepted fear as part of life – specifically the fear of change… I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back….” ― Erica Jong
22. “Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.” – Elon Musk
23. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
24. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
25. “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” – Jim Rohn
Quotes about change on how it affects personal growth
26. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
27. “When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor E. Frankl
28. “The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.” – Nathaniel Branden
29. “We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.” – Carl Jung
30. “Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.” – Confucius
31. “In the end, it is important to remember that we cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are.” – Max De Pree
32. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein
33. “Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” – Eckhart Tolle
34. “To achieve goals you’ve never achieved before, you need to start doing things you’ve never done before.” – Stephen Covey
35. “The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday’s logic.” – Peter Drucker
Quotes About Change To Give You Different Results
36. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.” ― Brene Brown
37. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ― Rumi
38. “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.” ― Leo Tolstoy
39. “The changes we dread most may contain our salvation.” ― Barbara Kingsolver
40. “Change may not always bring growth, but there is no growth without change.” ― Roy T. Bennett
41. “Change is hardest at the beginning, messiest in the middle and best at the end.” ― Robin Sharma
42. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” ― Steve Maraboli
43. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” ― Simone de Beauvoir
44. “Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
45. “Change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” ― Roy T. Bennett
Take a second to Like, Comment and Change
August 29, 2022 5:00 AM EST