We hope you read this entire collection of education quotes about the power of lifelong learning.
Share your favorite education quote with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading education quotes?
Education is one of the most powerful aspects of life.
- Learning allows us to make sense of the world around us, the world inside of us, and where we fit within the world.
- Education helps us get exposure to new ideas and concepts that we can use to appreciate and improve the world around us and the world within us.
- When we improve our education and continue to learn, we can foster new connections, increase our marketable skills, and understand people better.
Are you taking steps to further your education? Check out this article about student loans.
The world around us is everything external.
The world within us is everything internal, like our mind, our body, and our emotions.
Education is the tool that breaks down all barriers.
Education is part of the foundation of all progress and growth, both as an individual and as a society.
All things are possible because anything can be learned.
With that said, here are some powerful education quotes to help you appreciate the power of learning and gaining knowledge.
Don’t forget to also check out these inspirational graduation quotes on success and dreams.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Short education quotes to get you thinking
1. Change is the end result of all true learning. – Leo Buscaglia
You will also enjoy our article on john dewey quotes.
2. Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. – Malcolm X
You will also enjoy our article on w e b dubois quotes.
3. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. – Benjamin Franklin
You will also enjoy our article on teaching quotes.
4. The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. – Aristotle
You will also enjoy our article on paulo freire quotes.
5. Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on first day of school quotes.
6. The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”– Dr. Seuss
You will also enjoy our article on special education quotes.
7. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on john adams quotes.
8. “Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.” ― C.S. Lewis
You will also enjoy our article on booker t washington quotes.
9. “The learning process continues until the day you die.” – Kirk Douglas
You will also enjoy our article on george washington carver quotes.
10. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” ― W.B. Yeats
Quotes about education and the power of learning
Also, read these college quotes to inspire you.
Education quotes to remind of its power
11. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
You will also enjoy our article on farmer quotes.
12. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
You will also enjoy our article on training quotes.
13. “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” – Kofi Annan
You will also enjoy our article on Motivational quotes for students.
14. “A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read.” – Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on Navy quotes
15. “Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army.” – Edward Everett
You will also enjoy our article on preparation quotes.
16. “They know enough who know how to learn.” – Henry Adams
17. “Upon the subject of education … I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people may be engaged in.” – Abraham Lincoln
You will also enjoy our article on greek philosopher quotes.
18. “Learning is like rowing upstream: not to advance is to drop back.” – Chinese proverb
You will also enjoy our article on technology quotes.
19. “Nine-tenths of education is encouragement.” – Anatole France
20. “Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown.” – Claude Bernard
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational math quotes for when things just aren’t adding up.
Education quotes to inspire a love of learning
21. “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” ― Robert Frost
22. “Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” – Abigail Adams
23. “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ― Aristotle
24. “It is as impossible to withhold education from the receptive mind as it is impossible to force it upon the unreasoning.” – Agnes Repplierg
25. “They cannot stop me. I will get my education if it is in the home, school, or any place.” – Malala Yousafzai
26. “I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything.” – Steven Wright
27. “The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.” ― Thomas Jefferson
28. “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.” – Dr. W. Edwards Deming
29. “Learning is not the product of teaching. Learning is the product of the activity of learners.” – John Holt
30. “Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.” – Og Mandino
You might also like these inspirational knowledge quotes for those who love learning.
Quotes about education and its importance
31. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
32. “I agree that a love of reading is a great gift for a parent to pass on to his or her child.”– Ann Brashares
33. “Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.” ― Walter Cronkite
34. “To me education is a leading out of what is already there in the pupil’s soul.” ― Muriel Spark
35. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison.” ― Victor Hugo
36. “Education is the ability to meet life’s situations.” – Dr. John G. Hibben
37. “Learning starts with failure; the first failure is the beginning of education.” – John Hersey
38. “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” – Mark Twain
39. “Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
40. “Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.” – Marian Wright Edelman
Don’t forget to also check out these Macbeth quotes about power and ambition.
Education quotes to help you succeed
41. “Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.” – Bill Nye
42. “You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” – Conrad Hall
43. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” – Sydney J. Harris
44. “Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves.” – Ernest Dimnet
45. “Every artist was at first an amateur.” – Ralph W. Emerson
46. “Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.” ― Mark Twain
47. “All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle
48. “Education must not simply teach work – it must teach Life.“ – W. E. B. Du Bois
49. “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” – Alexander the Great
50. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.” ― Anton Chekhov
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also love our collection of the best senior year quotes for graduation and the yearbook.
Education quotes to bring out the best in you
51. “Education is a continual process, it’s like a bicycle… If you don’t pedal you don’t go forward.” – George Weah
52. “Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.” – Chanakya
53. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.”― William Butler Yeats
54. “A good education is a foundation for a better future.” – Elizabeth Warren
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Elizabeth Warren quotes on capitalism, politics, and more.
55. “Education is a once in a lifetime opportunity to open children’s hearts and minds to the unbelievable wonder of the universe.”– Sir Anthony Seldon
56. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” ― Jim Rohn
57. “The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know.” ― Michel Legrand
58. “By seeking and blundering we learn.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
59. “School is the path, not the point.” – Will Richardson
60. “Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students.” – Robin Williams
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Horace Mann quotes from the father of American education.
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about having fun.
Inspirational education quotes
61. “When you take the free will out of education, that turns it into schooling.” ― John Taylor Gatto
62. “Only the educated are free.” ― Epictetus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Epictetus quotes that will make you think.
63. “The real key to learning something quickly is to take a deliberate, intelligent approach to your learning.”– Lindsay Kolowich
64. “Do not conﬁne your children to your own learning for they were born in another time.” – Hebrew Proverb
65. “I think you learn more if you’re laughing at the same time.” ― Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
66. “I don’t want revenge on the Taliban, I want education for sons and daughters of the Taliban.” ― Malala Yousafzai
67. “Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in.” – Leonardo da Vinci
68. “It is personal. That’s what an education does. It makes the world personal.” ― Cormac McCarthy
69. “The main hope of a nation lies in the proper education of its youth” ― Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus
70. “With guns you can kill terrorists, with education you can kill terrorism.” ― Malala Yousafzai
Don’t forget to also read these Maria Montessori quotes from the woman that changed education.
Education quotes to inspire you to keep learning
71. “All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind.” –Martin Fisher
72. “For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.”― Aristotle
73. “It is what we know already that often prevents us from learning.” –Claude Bernard
74. “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.”— Chinese Proverb
75. “Every student can learn, just not on the same day, or the same way.” –George Evans
76. “The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.”— Carl Rogers
77. “Never let formal education get in the way of your learning.” – Mark Twain
78. “You cannot open a book without learning something.” – Confucius
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of book quotes about the power of reading from your favorite authors.
79. “We learn from failure, not from success!”― Bram Stoker
80. “The minute that you’re not learning I believe you’re dead.” – Jack Nicholson
Don’t forget to also check out these graduation quotes from famous films about success.
Quotes about education to inspire and motivate
81. “A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary.”— Thomas Carruthers
82. “Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.” – Socrates
83. “Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”— Oliver Wendell Holmes
84. “Schools should be places to learn, not to teach.” – Don Tapscott
85. “Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.”― Roy T. Bennett
86. “The more I read, the more I acquire, the more certain I am that I know nothing.” – Voltaire
87. “You live and learn. At any rate, you live.”― Douglas Adams
88. “The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.” – Leonardo da Vinci
89. “Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.” ― Isaac Asimov
90. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.”― Albert Einstein
Don’t forget to also read these wonderful preschool quotes for kids and kids at heart.
Education quotes to elevate your perspective
91. “Education is the art of making man ethical.” – Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
92. “Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.” – George Washington Carver
93. “Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the world’s work, and the power to appreciate life.” – Brigham Young
94. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
95. “Education is helping the child realize his potentialities.” – Eric Fromm
96. “The progress of the world depends almost entirely upon education.” –
97. “Education is the transmission of civilization.” – Will Durant
98. “The most important thing that schools can do is not to use technology in the curriculum more, but to use it more effectively.” – John G. Palfrey and Urs Gasser
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short motivational quotes that will get you ready to tackle the day.
99. “Education is the mother of leadership.” – Wendell Willkie
100. “Education is not just about going to school and getting a degree. It’s about widening your knowledge and absorbing the truth about life. – Shakuntala Devi
Inspirational quotes about education
101. “Education is teaching our children to desire the right things.” – Plato
102. “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.” – Herbert Spencer
103. “Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.”― Vera Nazarian
104. “Education should light a fire within us to improve us and help our world.” – Sarah Joseph
105. “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
106. “The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life.”― Plato
107. “Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.” – Will Durant
108. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” — Henry Ford
109. “Education is the methodical creation of the habit of thinking.” – Ernest Dimnet
110. “The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.” ― B.B. King
Education quotes to elevate your mind
111. “You learn something every day if you pay attention.” – Ray LeBlond
112. “One learns by doing a thing; for though you think you know it, you have no certainty until you try.” – Sophocles
113. “All things good to know are difficult to learn.” – Greek proverb
114. “All of us must cross the line between ignorance and insight many times before we truly understand.”― David Hawkins
115. “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius
116. “By education, I mean an all-round drawing of the best in child and man in body, mind and spirit.” – Mahatma Gandhi
117. “Education is learning what you didn’t know you didn’t know.” – George Boas
118. “Education makes a greater difference between man and man than nature has made between man and brute.” – John Adams
119. “Intelligence and education that hasn’t been tempered by human affection isn’t worth a damn.”― Daniel Keyes
120. “The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values.” – William Burroughs
Education quotes to inspire and motivate you
121. “The content of a book holds the power of education and it is with this power that we can shape our future and change lives.” – Malala Yousafzai
122. “The essence of knowledge is, having it, to apply it; not having it, to confess your ignorance.” – Confucius
123. “Education is everything- education is your power, education is your way in life for whatever you want to do.” – Ciara
124. “The foundation of every state is the education of its youth.” – Diogenes of Sinope
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Diogenes of Sinope quotes from the iconic philosopher.
125. “Education is one thing no one can take away from you.” – Elin Nordegren
126. “Everybody’s a teacher if you listen.”– Doris Roberts
127. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.” – Michelle Obama
128. “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.” – Gloria Steinem
129. “The goal of education is to enable individuals to continue their education.”― John Dewey
130. “Only one who has learned much can fully appreciate his ignorance.”― Louis L’Amour
Education quotes to inspire success
131. “Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardor and diligence.”– Abigail Adams
132. “The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.” – Alexandra K. Trenfor
133. “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” – Andy McIntyre
134. “It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” – Epictetus
135. “The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.” – Tom Bodett
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of school quotes about learning and growth.
136. “If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” – Ignacio Estrada
137. “Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know.” – Daniel J. Boorstin
138. “What does education often do? It makes a straight-cut ditch of a free, meandering brook.” – Henry David Thoreau
139. “What we learn with pleasure we never forget.” – Alfred Mercier
140. “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.”– Mahatma Gandhi
Education quotes to enlighten you
141. “I never teach my pupils, I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” – Albert Einstein
142. “The whole world opened to me when I learned to read.” – Mary McLeod Bethune
143. “The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.” – Plutarch
144. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
145. “Education is too important to be left solely to educators.” – Francis Keppel
146. “It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.” – Albert Einstein
147. “It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well.” –
148. “Nothing is more powerful and liberating than knowledge.” – William H. Gray III
149. “Experience is not what happens to you; it’s what you do with what happens to you.” – Aldous Huxley
150. “You teach best what you most need to learn.” – Richard Bach
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of Animal Farm quotes to teach you the power of too much power.
Quotes about education to inspire you
151. “The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes
152. “If we want our children to value education, then we must show our appreciation for knowledge.” – Brad Sherman
153. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” –
154. “The job of an educator is to teach students to see vitality in themselves.” – Joseph Campbell
155. “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” – Margaret Mead
156. “The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.” – C. S. Lewis
157. “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” – Lily Tomlin
158. “Merely to stuff the child with a lot of information, making him pass examinations, is the most unintelligent form of education.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
159. “I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.” – Steve Irwin
160. “I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma.” – Eartha Kitt
Education quotes for teachers and students
161. “The Best way to predict your future is to create it.”— ABRAHAM LINCOLN
162. “I am still learning.” —Michelangelo
163. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
164. “A well-educated mind will always have more questions than answers.” —Helen Keller
Don’t forget to also check out these history quotes that will open your eyes to stories of the past.
165. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B.King
166. “Try to learn something about everything and everything about.” —Thomas Huxley
167. “Learning without thought is a labor lost, thought without learning is perilous.” – Confucius
168. “I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.”—Pablo Picasso
169. “Being a student is easy. Learning requires actual work.” —William Crawford
170. “I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.”– Winston Churchill
Education quotes to inspire everyday learning
171. “Education costs money, but then so does ignorance.” – Claus Moser
172. “Life is an open book test. Learning how to learn is your most valuable skill in the online world.” —Marc Cuban
173. “When you study great teachers… you will learn much more from their caring and hard work than from their style.”― William Glasser
174. “Take what you learn and make a difference with it.” —Tony Robbins
175. “Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future.” – Euripides
176. “Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will.” —Vernon Howard
177. “All of the top achievers I know are life-long learners. Looking for new skills, insights, and ideas. If they’re not learning, they’re not growing and not moving toward excellence.” – Denis Waitley
178. “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” –Stephen Hawking
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Stephen Hawking quotes on life, religion, and the universe
179. “Don’t just teach your children to read. Teach them to question what they read. Teach them to question everything.” –George Carlin
180. “You don’t understand anything until you learn it more than one way.”– Marvin Minsky
181. “Despise school and remain a fool.” – German proverb
182. “The learned man knows that he is ignorant.” – Victor Hugo
183. “I’ve learned… that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.” –
184. “We don’t stop going to school when we graduate.” – Carol Burnett
185. “You can’t learn in school what the world is going to do next year.” – Henry Ford
You might also like these inspirational quotes for kids to inspire and teach them.
Education quotes that will make you think
186. “We now accept the fact that learning is a lifelong process of keeping abreast of change. And the most pressing task is to teach people how to learn.” – Peter Drucker
187. “I am not a teacher, but an awakened.” – Robert Frost
188. “In the end, we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
189. “As long as you live, keep learning how to live.” – Seneca
190. “Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.” – Richard Feynman
191. “Men learn while they teach.” – Lucius A. Seneca
192. “That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life, but in a new way.” – Doris Lessing
193. “It’s what we think we know that keeps us from learning.”― Claude Bernard
194. “The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
195. “When asked how much educated men were superior to those uneducated, Aristotle answered, “As much as the living are to the dead.” – Diogenes Laertius
Education quotes that will open your mind
196. “Education without application is just entertainment.”— Tim Sanders
197. “No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.”— Voltaire
198. “A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.”
— Mark Twain
199. “You aren’t learning anything when you’re talking.” –Lyndon B. Johnson
200. “The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to close it again on something solid.”— G. K. Chesterton
201. “A little learning is a dangerous thing.” –Alexander Pope
202. “My education was neglected, yet I was passionately fond of reading.”― Mary Shelley
203. “Anyone who has begun to think places some portion of the world in jeopardy.” –John Dewey
204. “Education is not the filling of a pot but the lighting of a fire.”— W.B. Yeats
205. “Wisdom is learning what to overlook.” – William James
Education quotes about challenging yourself
206. “You’ll never know everything about anything, especially something you love.” – Julia Child
207. “It is what we know already that often prevents us from learning.” — Claude Bernard
208. “Commit yourself to lifelong learning. The most valuable asset you’ll ever have is your mind and what you put into it.” – Albert Einstein
209. “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” ―John Wooden
210. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
211. “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” — Haruki Murakami
212. “All of life is a constant education.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
213. “The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live.” — Mortimer Adler
214. “Continuous learning is the minimum requirement for success in any field.” — Brian Tracy
215. “Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.” — William Arthur Ward
Education quotes that will inspire you to never stop learning
216. “Education is all a matter of building bridges.“ – Ralph Ellison
217. “It is impossible to begin to learn that which one thinks one already knows.” – Epictetus
218. “A child educated only at school is an uneducated child.“ – George Santayana
219. “Anyone who isn’t embarrassed by who they were last year probably isn’t learning enough.” – Alain de Botton
220. “What sculpture is to a block of marble education is to the human soul.“ – Joseph Addison
221. “It doesn`t hurt to get more education.”― Donald Trump
222. “What makes a child gifted and talented may not always be good grades in school, but a different way of looking at the world and learning.” —Chuck Grassley
223. “Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.” – Auguste Rodin
224. “Education is the vaccine of violence.” —Edward James Olmos
225. “Explain what you learned to someone else. Teaching forces learning.” – Naval Ravikant
Education quotes that will change the way you think
226. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Helen Keller
227. “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”—Malcolm X
228. “The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own reason for existing.” –Albert Einstein
229. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.”—Malala Yousafzai
230. “Learn as if you were not reaching your goal and as though you were scared of missing it.”― Confucius
231. “You cannot dream of becoming something you do not know about. You have to learn to dream big. Education exposes you to what the world has to offer, to the possibilities open to you.”—Sonia Sotomayor
232. “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.”― Albert Einstein
233. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.”—Dr. Seuss
234. “Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead.”—Nora Ephron
235. “We all learn by experience but some of us have to go to summer school.” — Peter De Vries
More education quotes and sayings
236. “People need to be educated so that they can make intelligent moral choices.”― Gary L. Francione
237. “When you educate one person you can change a life, when you educate many you can change the world.”- Shai Reshef
238. “If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.” – Chinese Proverb
239. “Learning allows for more wisdom and knowledge. Additional knowledge about any situation increases the strength of an opinion.” – Faye Horton
240. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
241. “Don’t live in your own world. It is best to learn what others have achieved and this will also give you the psyche to get there.” – Dennis Jansen
242. “Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.” – Chinese Proverb
243. “Anytime you learn, you gain.” – Bob Ross
244. “The highest result of education is tolerance.” – Hellen Keller
245. Learning is finding out what you already know.” – Richard Bach
Education quotes to ignite your spark for learning
246. “Man is what he reads.” — Joseph Brodsky
247. “Education is the movement from darkness to light.” — Allan Bloom
248. “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” — Albert Einstein
249. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” — Aristotle
250. “To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.” — Theodore Roosevelt
251. “In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.” — Mark Twain
252. “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” — Maimonides
253. “The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.” — Abraham Lincoln
254. “Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.” — Oscar Wilde
255. “My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors. ” — Maya Angelou
Education quotes to encourage you to never stop learning
256. “I have lots of gaps in my education, and so I’m often picking up classic books that most people read years ago.” — David Grann
257. “Education around entrepreneurship should start early, at secondary level, and be very robust by college level.” — Stephen A. Schwarzman
258. “Education is the antidote to poverty.” — Arvind Kejriwal
259. “Education levels the playing field, allowing everyone to compete.” — Joyce Meyer
260. “Education is possibility set in motion.” — Jill Biden
261. “Education is the best provision for old age.” — Aristotle
262. “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” — Benjamin Franklin
263. “We learned about honesty and integrity – that the truth matters… that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules… and success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square.” — Michelle Obama
264. “He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
265. “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.” — Will Rogers
Education quotes that will change your way of thinking
266. “A human being is not attaining his full heights until he is educated.” – Horace Mann
267. “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” ― George R.R. Martin
268. “Education is not only a ladder of opportunity, but it is also an investment in our future.” – Ed Markey
269. “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.” ― Mark Twain
270. “Education can never stop! The more we read, the more we learn. The more we learn, the fuller life seems.” – L.M Montgomery
271. “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” ― Charles W. Eliot
272. “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” ― Groucho Marx
273. “The purpose of a good education is to show you that there are three sides to a two-sided story.” ― Stanley Fish
274. “Do not read as children do to enjoy themselves, or, as the ambitious do to educate themselves. No, read to live.” ― Gustave Flaubert
275. “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” ― Oscar Wilde
Insightful education quotes
276. “The aim of education is the condition of suspended judgment on everything.”― George Santayana
277. “Learn about yourself then teach others to learn about their true self. Let them see the wonders of the world in their true colors.”― The Inner Light
278. “School exams are memory tests, in the real world no one is going to stop you from referring to a book to solve a problem.”― Amit Kalantri
279. “You may no longer be in school, but you must never stop learning. We need to be as smart as the white ghosts.”― Stacey Lee
280. “To sustain the value of education, students should be respected as much as the teachers.”― Amit Kalantri
281. “Education should not be reading about the past rather it should be about addressing the present.”― Rajesh Walecha
282. “To delight in literature is to desire to learn.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
283. “Education makes you humble, it doesn’t make you proud.”― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
284. “Education is the resistance to everything that is bad today.”― Jonas Mekas
285. “The basic task of education is the care and feeding of the imagination.”― Katherine Paterson
Quotes about education and success
286. “Aim for success, not perfection.” – David M. Burns
287. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vince Lombardi
288. “Success is a poor teacher.” – Robert Kiyosaki
289. “The key to success is to develop a winning edge.” – Brian Tracy
290. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
291. “The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.” – Ayn Rand
292. “Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
293. “Pray that success will not come any faster than you are able to endure it.” – Elbert Hubbard
294. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
295. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” – Dale Carnegie
Quotes on education by famous personalities
296. “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” ― Brigham Young
297. “One must learn by doing the thing; for though you think you know it, you have no certainty, until you try.” – Sophocles
298. “Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” ― Virginia Woolf
299. “Education should turn out the pupil with something he knows well and something he can do well.” – Alfred North Whitehead
300. “Reading is the key that unlocks the door of creativity.” – Agatha Christie
301. “I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.” – Socrates
302. “The question is not how will you work if you lose your job; the question is how will you find one if you don’t have an education?” – Tony Bennet
303. “Teachers should guide without dictating, and participate without dominating.” – C.B. Neblette
304. “Learning is never done without errors and defeat.” – Vladimir Lenin
305. “To teach is to learn twice.” – Joseph Joubert
More education quotes from Nelson Mandela
306. “From the poorest of countries to the richest of nations, education is the key to moving forward in any society.” — Nelson Mandela
307. “No child in Africa, and in fact anywhere in the world, should be denied education.” — Nelson Mandela
308. “Education is the great engine to personal development.” — Nelson Mandela
309. “Let’s recommit to work towards our common goal: a nation where all of us are winners, all of us have shelter, food, and education.” — Nelson Mandela
310. “No country can really develop unless its citizens are educated.” — Nelson Mandela
311. “The power of education extends beyond the development of skills we need for economic success. It can contribute to nation-building and reconciliation.”— Nelson Mandela
312. “Educating all of our children must be one of our most urgent priorities.”— Nelson Mandela
313. “Young people must take it upon themselves to ensure that they receive the highest education possible so that they can represent us well in future as future leaders.”— Nelson Mandela
314. “It is not beyond our power to create a world in which all children have access to a good education.” — Nelson Mandela
315. “We all know that education, more than anything else, improves your chances of building better lives.” — Nelson Mandela
Important Quotes About Education To Remind Us Of Its Value
316. “The most important day of a person’s education is the first day of school, not Graduation Day.” ― Harry Wong
317. “Learn as much as you can while you are young, since life becomes too busy later” ― Dana Stewart Scott
318. “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” ― Oprah Winfrey
319. “The road to freedom –here and everywhere on earth-– begins in the classroom.” ― Hubert Humphrey
320. “We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.” ― Lloyd Alexander
321. “Who questions much, shall learn much, and retain much.” ― Francis Bacon
322. “Real learning comes about when the competitive spirit has ceased.” ― Jiddu Krishnamurti
323. “The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.” ― Dorothy Parker
324. “Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don’t.”― Pete Seeger
325. “The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think — rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men.” ― Bill Beattie
Education quotes for kids
326. “No one is perfect, that’s why pencils have erasers.” – Wolfgang Riebe
327. “To educate girls is to reduce poverty.” – Kofi Annan
328. “Reformation, like education, is a journey, not a destination.” – Mary Harris Jones
329. “Learning is more than absorbing facts, it is acquiring understanding.”– William Arthur Ward
330. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” – Barack Obama
331. “Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do.” – John Wooden
332. “Knowledge will bring you the opportunity to make a difference.” – Claire Fagan
333. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
334. “There is no failure. Only feedback.” – Robert Allen
335. “Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.” – James Dewar
Quotes About Education To Fuel Your Need To Learn
336. “Education is the greatest gift of life, it should never stop.” — Tony Clark
337. “Education is something we have to keep pursuing day after day.” — Premier Brian Gallant
338. “We are all learning all the time and should remain hungry students.” — Mark Homer
339. “The first condition of education is being able to put someone to wholesome and meaningful work.” — John Ruskin
340. “What do you now do with all of this education? I’m here to tell you today, don’t worry. Don’t worry about it. Relax. Take a breath.” — Oprah Winfrey
341. “Education is an organized program of learning. School is a community of learners.” — Ken Robinson
342. “From an educational perspective, any information that our students can use to think closer to the learning intention is a desirable. Everything else is a distraction.” — Peps Mccrea
343. “A broadly educated mind, drawing from all sources, will help you better understand how the world around us works and why things happen the way they do.” — Gary Hoover
344. “Every individual should have the right to compete on an equal footing, with equal education and the basic resources required for the market.” — George P. Fletcher
345. “Education is an art the practice of which must be brought to perfection in the course of many generations.” — Immanuel Kant
Quotes About Education To Further Your Studies
346. “Education is a weapon, whose effects depend on who holds it in his hand and at whom it is aimed.” ― David Phillips
347. “We discovered that education is not something which the teacher does, but that it is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being.” ― Maria Montessori
348. “Education has for its object the formation of character.” ― Herbert Spencer
349. “The result of the educative process is capacity for further education.” ― John Dewey
350. “You are told a lot about your education, but some beautiful, sacred memory, preserved since childhood, is perhaps the best education of all.” ― Fyodor Dostoevsky
351. “The only real education comes from what goes counter to you.” ― Andre Gide
352. “Education is not a problem. Education is an opportunity.” ― Lyndon B. Johnson
353. “And we should, emphatically, remember that education isn’t just about what happens in schools and colleges.” ― Gary Thomas
354. “My definition of an educated man is the fellow who knows the right thing to do at the time it has to be done. You can be sincere and still be stupid.” ― Charles Kettering
355. “The best education in the world is that got by struggling to get a living.” ― Wendell Phillips
Quotes About Education To Build Yourself
356. “The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.” ― Robert Maynard Hutchins
357. “The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.” ― John F. Kennedy
358. “An education is not so much about making a living as making a person.” ― Tara Westover
359. “Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.” ― Mark Twain
360. “Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.” ― Aristotle
361. “Education: the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent.” ― John Maynard Keynes
362. “Education is a weapon, whose effect depends on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.” ― Joseph Stalin
363. “If you think education is expensive, try estimating the cost of ignorance.” — Howard Gardner
364. “Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” ― G.K. Chesterton
365. “Education is the process of driving a set of prejudices down your throats.” ― Martin H. Fischer
Which are your favorite education quotes?
Education is at the center of everything that’s good in our world today.
Without education, we would not have advances in education, computers, mathematics, psychology, engineering and any other fields.
It is important that we keep learning.
Education is one of the most important things we can do today to secure our futures.
Hopefully, these quotes have shown why we should all pursue education.
Did you enjoy these quotes about education?
Which of the education quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
January 9, 2023 5:00 AM EST