The Untethered Soul Quotes From the New York Times Bestseller
March 20, 2023 12:11 AM EST
Fans of highly rated books about your inner journey will enjoy these The Untethered Soul quotes.
The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself is a book by Michael A. Singer in 2007.
The book focuses on finding your inner peace and serenity.
The Untethered Soul is a life’s culmination of Singer’s thoughts and beliefs as he has written two other books and started a yoga and meditation center called Temple of the Universe in 1975.
The book is designed to help you free yourself from any limitations you have set on yourself so that you can soar beyond anything you thought possible.
The Untethered Soul was written to help you transform your relationship with yourself and, therefore, the world around you.
The following The Untethered Soul quotes will help you learn more about the book.
You will also enjoy our article on Atomic Habits quotes.
Popular The Untethered Soul Quotes for Fans of the Book
These quotes show insight into a variety of topics popular in the book.
1. “If you truly love someone, your love sees past their humanness.” — Michael A. Singer
2. “There is no reason to constantly attempt to figure everything out.” — Michael A. Singer
3. “The greatest gift one can give to God is to be pleased with his creation.” — Michael A. Singer
4. “Only you can take inner freedom away from yourself or give it to yourself. Nobody else can.” — Michael A. Singer
5. “You will not be able to solve anything outside until you own how the situation affects you inside.” — Michael A. Singer
6. “How would you feel if someone outside really started talking to you the way your inner voice does?” — Michael A. Singer
7. “Life is continuously changing, and if you’re trying to control it, you’ll never be able to fully live it.” — Michael A. Singer
8. “Fear is the cause of every problem. It’s the root of all prejudices and the negative emotions of anger, jealousy, and possessiveness.” — Michael A. Singer
9. “Just relieve your mind of the job of making sure that everyone and everything will be the way you need them to be so that you can feel better inside.” — Michael A. Singer
10. “It’s actually a shocking realization when you first notice that your mind is constantly talking. You might even try to yell at it in a feeble attempt to shut it up.” — Michael A. Singer
The Untethered Soul Quotes on Peace and Happiness
Michael Singer shares his thoughts on obtaining peace and happiness and how they are not connected with pleasant life experiences, as shown in these quotes.
11. “Your inner growth is completely dependent upon the realization that the only way to find peace and contentment is to stop thinking about yourself.” — Michael A. Singer
12. “One of the essential requirements for true spiritual growth and deep personal transformation is coming to peace with pain.” — Michael A. Singer
13. “If you want to be happy, you have to let go of the part of you that wants to create melodrama. This is the part that thinks there’s a reason not to be happy.” — Michael A. Singer
14. “Things are going to happen. The real question is whether you want to be happy regardless of what happens.” — Michael A. Singer
15. “If you decide that you’re going to be happy from now on for the rest of your life, you will not only be happy, you will become enlightened.” — Michael A. Singer
16. “To attain true inner freedom, you must be able to objectively watch your problems instead of being lost in them.” — Michael A. Singer
17. “‘Problems are generally not what they appear to be. When you get clear enough, you will realize that the real problem is that there is something inside of you that can have a problem with everything.” — Michael A. Singer
The Untethered Soul Quotes About Life
These quotes show what Singer thinks about living and experiencing life.
18. “If experience is the best teacher, there’s nothing that comes close to the experience of life.” — Michael A. Singer
19. “You had better not spend your life worrying about whether people like you or whether your car impresses people. What kind of life is that?” — Michael A. Singer
20. “The truth is that most of life will unfold in accordance with forces far outside your control, regardless of what your mind says about it.” — Michael A. Singer
21. “If you’re neither pushing life away, nor pulling toward you, then you are not creating any resistance. You are simply present.” — Michael A. Singer
22. “You have to understand that it is your attempt to get special experiences from life that makes you miss the actual experience of life.” — Michael A. Singer
23. “You gain nothing by being bothered by life’s events. It doesn’t change the world; you just suffer.” — Michael A. Singer
24. “Do not let anything that happens in life be important enough that you’re willing to close your heart over it.” — Michael A. Singer
25. “Eventually, you will see that the real cause of problems is not life itself. It’s the commotion the mind makes about life that really causes the problems.” — Michael A. Singer
How Does the Book Help You Find Inner Peace?
The Untethered Soul is designed to help you answer the question of what you can personally do each day to find inner peace.
The book was co-published with the Institute of Noetic Sciences and started from the strategic point of having you walk through your relationship with your thoughts and emotions to discover your inner energy.
Share these The Untethered Soul quotes with your friends who are interested in yoga and meditation, and post any comments about the book in the comment section below.