These children quotes and sayings will bring a smile to your face and fill your heart with love.
I find it so strange that some people wonder how to treat a child. I can understand studying how children learn because different developmental ages impact learning.
What do you love most about children?
At the end of the day, children are tiny people and have much the same needs as adults. They crave love and affection, a listening ear and attention, and safety and security.
I was trying to explain the love of a mother to my friend who doesn’t have children yet. Logically, she understands what I am saying, but I don’t think a person truly grasps the capacity of a parents love until they have children. They are our future, how we listen to them, love them, raise them and laugh with them matters.
Children quotes on the importance of kids
1. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” – Dr. Seuss
2. “History will judge us by the difference we make in the everyday lives of children.” – Nelson Mandela
3. “We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.” – Stacia Tauscher
4. “Our most important task as a nation is to make sure all our young people can achieve their dreams.” – Barack Obama
5. “Children make your life important.” – Erma Bombeck
6. “Children are our most valuable resource.” – Herbert Hoover
7. “Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.” – John F. Kennedy
8. “I continue to believe that if children are given the necessary tools to succeed, they will succeed beyond their wildest dreams!” – David Vitter
9. “If a man leaves little children behind him, it is as if he did not die.” – Moroccan Proverb
10. “If we don’t stand up for children, then we don’t stand for much.” – Marian Wright Edelman
11. “If we wish to create a lasting peace we must begin with the children.” – Mahatma Gandhi
12. “There is a brilliant child locked inside every student.” – Marva Collins
13. “You know who’s going to build that better world? It’s the youth. Children will do things that are now considered impossible.” – Kacey McCallister
14. “Observe your children closely: they have often fundamental approaches and answers to the mysteries of life which we have lost as adults.” – Robert Muller
Children quotes on why we should listen to them
15. “Children will listen to you after they feel listened to.” – Jane Nelsen
16. “What is a home without children? Quiet.” – Henny Youngman
17. “A child seldom needs a good talking to as a good listening to.” – Robert Brault
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of listening quotes that express the importance of listening.
18. “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” – James Baldwin
19. “Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.” – Robert Fulghum
20. “Learning is a result of listening, which in turn leads to even better listening and attentiveness to the other person. In other words, to learn from the child, we must have empathy, and empathy grows as we learn.” – Alice Miller
Children quotes about raising kids
21. “Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
22. “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” – Franklin P. Jones
23. “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” – Margaret Mead
24. “Children learn more from what you are than what you teach.” – W.E.B. Du Bois
25. “Children make you want to start life over.” – Muhammad Ali
26. “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” – Albert Einstein
27. “Even if people are still very young, they shouldn’t be prevented from saying what they think.” – Anne Frank
28. “To every child – I dream of a world where you can laugh, dance, sing, learn, live in peace and be happy.” – Malala Yousafzai
29. “Teach your children they’re unique. That way, they won’t feel pressured to be like everybody else.” – Cindy Cashman
30. “Children need models rather than critics.” – Joseph Joubert
31. “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” – Frederick Douglas
32. “It takes a village to raise a child.” – African proverb
33. “There is no sound more annoying than the chatter of a child, and none more sad than the silence they leave when they are gone.” – Mark Lawrence
Funny children quotes
34. “Adults are just outdated children.” – Dr. Seuss
35. “Having one child makes you a parent; having two, you are a referee.” – David Frost
36. “When kids hit 1 year old, it’s like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit.” – Johnny Depp
37. “Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.” – Aristotle
38. “A child is a curly dimpled lunatic.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
39. “You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they’re going.” – P. J. O’Rourke
40. “The most effective form of birth control I know is spending the day with my kids.” – Jill Bensley
Loving children quotes
41. “Hugs can do great amounts of good, especially for children.” – Princess Diana
42. “The first happiness of a child is to know that he is loved.” – Don Bosco
43. “Kids go where there is excitement, they stay where there is love.” – Zig Ziglar
44. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
45. “Too much love never spoils children. Children become spoiled when we substitute presents for presence.” – Anthony Witham
46. “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.” – Henry Ward Beecher
47. “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.” – Henry Ward Beecher
48. “Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.” – Oscar Wilde
49. “Loving a child doesn’t mean giving in to all his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him, to teach him to love what is difficult.” – Nadia Boulanger
50. “Kids spell love T-I-M-E.” – John Crudele
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational quotes for kids about success.
Children quotes that will remind you they are the future
51. “Children are the keys of paradise.” — Eric Hoffer
52. “The soul is healed by being with children.” — Fyodor Dostoevsky
53. “Your children need your presence more than your presents.” — Jesse Jackson
54. “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” — Charles R. Swindoll
55. “Healthy children will not fear life if their elders have integrity enough not to fear death.” — Erik Erikson
56. “I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.” — Thomas Paine
57. “There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.” — Nelson Mandela
58. “The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.” — Denis Waitley
59. “The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.” — Albert Einstein
60. “The greatest legacy one can pass on to one’s children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one’s life, but rather a legacy of character and faith.” — Billy Graham
Children quotes about the things we want for them and us
61. “Our revenge will be the laughter of our children.” — Bobby Sands
62. “The sky lovingly smiles on the earth and her children.” — Henry Morton Stanley
63. “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” — Theodore Hesburgh
64. “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them.” — Phyllis Diller
65. “Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.” — Vladimir Lenin
66. “Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
67. “The greatest sign of success for a teacher… is to be able to say, ‘The children are now working as if I did not exist.’” — Maria Montessori
68. “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” — Napoleon Hill
69. “He that hath wife and children hath given hostages to fortune; for they are impediments to great enterprises, either of virtue or mischief.” — Francis Bacon
70. “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” — Ronald Reagan
Children quotes from comedians
71. “You want to know what it’s like having a fourth kid? Imagine you’re drowning, then someone hands you a baby.” -Jim Gaffigan
72. “Having a 2-year old is like having a blender, but you don’t have a top for it.” -Jerry Seinfeld
73. “Everyone should have kids. They are the greatest joy in the world, but they are also terrorists. You’ll realize this as soon as they’re born, and they start using sleep deprivation to break you.” -Ray Romano
74. “Parents of newborn babies are basically hostages in their own house with a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome.” -Nate Smith
75. “Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.” -Phyllis Diller
76. “I sometimes equate it to what it must be like running a prison. What happens with three boys is you end up barking out orders like, ‘Upstairs now!’ ‘Brush teeth!’ ‘Lights out!’ There is so much chaos you can’t really take the time to articulate.” -Will Ferrell
77. “Two kids is more than two. You have to think about it algebraically. If you have one and he’s napping, you’re fine. But when one’s napping and the other one needs constant stimulation, that’s rough.” -Dana Carvey
78. “Toddler judgment is horrible. They don’t have any. Put a 12-month-old on a bed, and they will immediately try and crawl off headfirst like a lemming on a mindless migration mission. But the toddler mission is never mindless. They have two goals: find poison and find something to destroy.” -Jim Gaffigan
79. “The bedtime routine for my kids is like this Royal Coronation Jubilee Centennial of rinsing and plaque and dental appliances and the stuffed animal semi-circle of emotional support. And I’ve gotta read eight different moron books. You know what my bedtime story was when I was a kid? Darkness!” -Jerry Seinfeld
80. “Two kids are easier than one because they play together. When you have one, you have to be the show. When you’ve got two, you’re just an usher. ‘Right this way ladies!’ They can play in the park while you’re reading the paper. ‘Hey, hey, hey! Get off her hair!’ Then you go back to reading … One kid is horrible. Have a bunch of kids or have none at all.” -Chris Rock
Did you enjoy these children quotes?
Children are a complex bundle of independence and vulnerability. Juggling their emotions and processing new information daily is a difficult task.
However, looking at situations through the eyes of a child is the most refreshing feeling in the world, consisting of trust and wonder, and should be done frequently.
One of the saddest realities of parenthood is that they grow up and no longer want to constantly barrage us with their stories. I have to practically beg my teenager to sit and talk to me for a few moments!
Which of these children quotes and sayings resonated with you best? If you have a favorite quote about children that you would like to add leave it below in the comment section!
April 18, 2022 8:26 AM EST