If you were a childhood fan of Anne of Green Gables, you’ll enjoy these Anne with an “E” quotes.
Anne with an “E” is a Canadian TV series based on the classic children’s literature, Anne of Green Gables.
It follows the story of Anne Shirley, a 13-year-old orphan who lost her parents when she was still a baby. In her early life, she lived as a servant in various households and was later placed in an orphanage.
She was later adopted by the elderly siblings Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, where she began her journey to gain acceptance from the people around her.
This series received tons of positive reviews and even won Canadian Screen Award for Best Dramatic Series.
Fans love the series for its light and heartwarming theme, a breath of fresh air to an industry filled with adult and toxic contents.
These Anne with an “E” quotes are a good match for a morning coffee and reflection.
Don’t forget to also check out these Gravity Falls quotes to entertain the child in you.
Anne with an “E” quotes that will warm your heart
1. “I guess love doesn’t conquer all.” — Anne
2. “If you have big ideas, You have to use Big Words to express them haven’t you?” — Anne
3. “I think broken things have such a sad beauty” — Anne
4. “I solemnly swear to be faithful to my bosom friend, Diana Barry, for as long as the sun and moon shall endure.” — Anne
5. “I’m loved now, but when I wasn’t, it didn’t mean I wasn’t worthy of it.” — Anne
6. “I’m unusual and I embrace it.” — Anne
7. “You are a sight for sore eyes” — Anne
8. “It’s not what the world holds for you , it’s what you bring to it.” — Anne
9. “Wouldn’t it be lovely to be a blossom.” — Anne
10.“Go where your passion leads you.” — Anne
11. “Tell me, and I forget. Teach me, and I remember. Involve me, and I learn.” — Anne
12. “Why must people kneel down to pray? If I really wanted to pray, I’ll tell you what I’d do. I’d go into a great big field, all alone, or into the deep, deep woods, and I’d look up into the sky, up-up-up, into that lovely blue sky without end, and I would just feel a prayer.” — Anne
13. “I’m not unlucky, I’m ‘Most Unusual’.” — Anne
14. “Perspective is wonderful” — Anne
15. “My life is a perfect graveyard of a buried hopes.” — Anne
16. “All we can do is our best, regardless of what we know or don’t know.” — Anne
17. “Sometimes life hides gifts in the darkest of places.” — Anne
Anne with an “E” quotes that will make your day
18. “Will you please plant some pink roses on my grave?” — Anne
19. “It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy something if you make up your mind firmly that you will” — Anne
20. “I like imagining better than remembering.” — Anne
21. “It’s funny how people are so quick to point out differences when there are so many ways we’re all alike.” — Anne
22. “Dreamers change the world” — Anne
23. “To bring it into daylight, and realize nightmares aren’t so scary without the protection of the dark.” — Anne
24. “Girls can do anything a boy can do, and more!” — Anne
25. “A skirt is not an invitation.” — Anne
26. “Women matter on their own, no in relation to a man.” — Anne
27. “Different isn’t bad; it’s just not the same.” — Anne
28. “Princess Cordelia arrived at the most beautiful kingdom in the world. She knew not a soul, and was worried no one would like her.” — Anne
29. “I’ve made up my mind to enjoy this drive” — Anne
30. “Isn’t it amazing how every day can be an adventure!” — Anne
31. “Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.” — Anne
32. “Anything that’s worth having is some trouble.” — Anne
33. “Is it true that women of intelligence and passio- uh emotion, are doomed to be infertile? Is that how re-pro-duction works?” — Anne
Anne with an “E” quotes by Ms. Stacey
34. “In order for big, new ideas to take hold, they must be carefully planned and flawlessly executed.” — Ms. Stacy
35. “You can’t know joy unless you’ve known sorrow. Those of us who can soar to the highest heights can also plunge to the deepest depths” — Miss Stacey
36. “Sound journalism must defend the voiceless, not send them further into silence.” — Ms. Stacy
Anne with an “E” quotes by Marilla
37. “The more I held her back, the less I was included.” — Marilla
38. “It’s a powerful thing to have done someone wrong when you truly didn’t intend it.” — Marilla
39. “You are an unlucky girl, Anne, there’s no doubt about that.” — Marilla
Anne with an “E” quotes by Aunt Josephine
40. “You have a life of such joy before you. Not without hardship. Not without bumps in the road. Be safe with those you trust. But when you do find people to trust, the bond will be that much greater.” — Aunt Josephine
41. “But no matter what you learn, good, bad or indifferent, know that you are so much just as you are right now.” — Aunt Josephine
42. “Grief is the price you pay for love, you see. So, it’s alright.” — Aunt Josephine
Anne with an “E” quotes by Diana
43. “A morning can start off like any other, but by nightfall… things have occurred that could change a course forever.” — Diana Barry
44. “I didn’t know how much I didn’t know.” — Diana
Anne with an “E” quotes by other characters
45. “Attraction – yes, it’s important. But love… that’s what truly matters.” — Sebastian
46. “You don’t need a third eye, not when you have your own two.” — Madam Lyudmila
47. “Love is not quantifiable, and therefore not finite.” — Muriel Stacy
48. “The best part of knowing the rules is finding acceptable ways of breaking them.” — Winifred Rose
49. “I reckon every new idea was modern once- until it wasn’t.” — Matthew
50. “You might want to think about why it is you feel the need to destroy things.” — Cole
Which of these Anne with an “E” quotes is your favorite?
Anne with an “E” tackles a wide range of issues that we really need to discuss but don’t openly talk about in the real world.
It shines a light on the topics of child abandonment, psychological trauma, conformity, gender equality, racism, freedom of speech and many more!.
This series will definitely give you a new perspective on life, while still making it enjoyable and fun to watch. The character development and storytelling allow you to connect to each character and understand their actions and worldview.
After reading these Anne with an “E” quotes and sayings, why not share a heartwarming story with your friend or family today.
October 27, 2021 7:00 AM EST