A place for us to feel welcomed and safe, these home quotes will remind you just how sacred that special place is.
A home plays a vital role in human life. Home is the place where we keep our families, where we feel safe, and where we enjoy complete freedom. And if you have a happy family, there’s no place like home for complete comfort and peace of mind.
A good home is also necessary for proper health and well-being. A good house provides relaxation and protects from the harsh environment. And when we are tired after work or other activities, it’s home that we run to for rest and relief from stress.
For many people, the home is a loving, peaceful, and supportive environment in which to grow up and discover oneself. The home is not only a place for creating our life narratives and understanding our place in the world, but it’s also an important link through which we connect with the others and the universe at large.
For better or worse, there’s no place like home. Here’s our collection of inspirational, beautiful, and uplifting home quotes, home sayings, and home proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Home Quotes To Make You Appreciate Where You Lay Your Head
1. “Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest.” – Robert Montgomery
2. “Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
3. “The light is what guides you home, the warmth is what keeps you there.” – Ellie Rodriguez
4. “The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.” – Maya Angelou
5. “The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.” – Confucius
6. “Home sweet home. This is the place to find happiness. If one doesn’t find it here, one doesn’t find it anywhere.” – M. K. Soni
7. “Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, Be it ever so humble, there’s no place like home.” – John Howard Payne
8. “Home is a shelter from storms – all sorts of storms.” – William J. Bennett
9. “A comfortable house is a great source of happiness. It ranks immediately after health and a good conscience.” – Sydney Smith
10. “Home is where the heart can laugh without shyness. Home is where the heart’s tears can dry at their own pace.” – Vernon Baker
Home quotes that will remind you there’s no place like it
11. “I think that when you invite people to your home, you invite them to yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
12. “There is a magic in that little world, home; it is a mystic circle that surrounds comforts and virtues never known beyond its hallowed limits.” – Robert Southey
13. “Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
14. “I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to.” – Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
15. “If you know you’re going home, the journey is never too hard.” – Angela Wood
16. “Charity begins at home, and justice begins next door.” – Charles Dickens
17. “No matter under what circumstances you leave it, home does not cease to be home. No matter how you lived there-well or poorly.” – Joseph Brodsky
18. “Home interprets heaven. Home is heaven for beginners.” – Charles Henry Parkhurst
19. “My home…It is my retreat and resting place from wars, I try to keep this corner as a haven against the tempest outside, as I do another corner in my soul.” – Michel de Montaigne
20. “Home is where you can say anything you please, because nobody pays any attention to you anyway.” – Joe Moore
Also read these insightful blended family quotes to share with your loved ones.
Home quotes to celebrate our favorite place
21. “There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.” – Jane Austen
22. “When I go home, its an easy way to be grounded. You learn to realize what truly matters.” – Tony Stewart
23. “One can say of language that it is potentially the only human home, the only dwelling place that cannot be hostile to man.” – John Berger
24. “There’s no place like home.” – L. Frank Baum
25. “You can never go home again, but the truth is you can never leave home, so it’s all right.” – Maya Angelou
26. “Peace like charity begins at home.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
27. “Home is the most popular, and will be the most enduring of all earthly establishments.” – Channing Pollock
28. “No matter who you are or where you are, instinct tells you to go home.” – Laura Marney
29. “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” – Robert Frost
30. “As corny as it sounds, to me, home is where the heart is…. So moving houses is just another way in which I get to experience life.” – Ellen DeGeneres
Home quotes that will enrich your day
31. “People usually are the happiest at home.” – William Shakespeare
32. “I believe that all of our lives we’re looking for home and if we’re really lucky, we find it in someone’s loving arms. I think that’ what life is-coming home.” – Anita Krizzan
33. “If you go anywhere, even paradise, you will miss your home.” – Malala Yousafzai
34. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” ― Edith Sitwell
35. “Peace that was the other name for home.” – Kathleen Norris
36. “Coming home to my family afterward makes the work richer, easier and more fun.” – Edie Falco
37. “The sun at home warms better than the sun elsewhere.” – Albania Proverb
38. “Home isn’t where you’re from, it’s where you find light when all grows dark.” ― Pierce Brown
39. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.” – Irina Shayk
40. “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.” – Wendy Wunder
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of magic quotes about the power of the unseen.
Beautiful and inspirational quotes about home
41. “A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.” – Unknown
42. “People who have good relationships at home are more effective in the marketplace.” – Zig Ziglar
43. “There is no place more delightful than one’s own fireside.” – Cicero
44. “Home the blessed word, which opens to the human heart the most perfect glimpse of Heaven, and helps to carry it thither, as on an angel’s wings.” – Lyda M. Child
45. “Good food and a warm kitchen are what make a house a home.” – Racheal Ray
46. “A home should be a stockade, a refuge from the flaming arrows of anxiety, tension and worry.” – Wilfred Peterson
47. “There’s nothing half so pleasant as coming home again.” – Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
48. “Home is where love resides, memories are created, friends and family belong and laughter never ends.” – Unknown
49. “One may make their house a palace of sham, or they can make it a home, a refuge.” – Mark Twain
50. “Home is wherever you leave everything you love and never question that it will be there when you return.” – Leo Christopher
Beautiful home quotes
51. “Home is where you feel at home and are treated well.” – Dalai Lama
52. “The prospect of going home is very appealing.” – David Ginola
53. “No matter how big you are, when you go back home, your family treats you like a normal person.” – Ajith Kumar
54. “I want my home to be that kind of place–a place of sustenance, a place of invitation, a place of welcome.” – Mary DeMuth
55. “You can have more than one home. You can carry your roots with you, and decide where they grow.” – Henning Mankell
56. “The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely.” – Louisa May Alcott
57. “The home should be the treasure chest of living.” – Le Corbusier
58. “A house is made with walls and beams. A home is made with love and dreams.” – Unknown
59. “Going home and spending time with your family and your real friends keeps you grounded.” – Jennifer Ellison
60. “For our home to be a refuge it needs to be a place where love, compassion, and patience prevail.” – Allan Lokos
More home quotes and sayings
61. “The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
62. “Maybe that’s the best part of going away for a vacation – coming home again.”― Madeleine L’Engle
63. “No one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark.”― Warsan Shire
64. “You will fall in love with train rides, and sooner or later you will
realize that nowhere seems like home anymore.”― Shinji Moon
65. “Home is anywhere that you know all your friends and all your enemies.”― Orson Scott Card
66. “Introverts live in two worlds: We visit the world of people, but solitude and the inner world will always be our home.”― Jenn Granneman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of introvert quotes about surviving in an extroverted world.
67. “Philosophy is really nostalgia, the desire to be at home.”― Novalis
68. “People would rather live in homes regardless of its grayness. There is no place like home.”― Lyman Frank Baum
69. “I don’t care if we have our house, or a cliff ledge, or a cardboard box. Home is wherever we all are, together.”― James Patterson
70. “Home is everything you can walk to.”― Rebecca Solnit
Also check out these inspirational quotes for kids to inspire and teach them.
Other inspirational home quotes
71. “Home’s where you go when you run out of homes.” – John le Carré
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes that will brighten your day.
72. “Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there anymore.” – Robin Hobb
73. “Home is the nicest word there is.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
74. “A home filled with nothing but yourself. It’s heavy, that lightness. It’s crushing, that emptiness.” – Margaret Atwood
75. “Home is what you take with you, not what you leave behind.” – N.K. Jemisin
76. “Home is where my habits have a habitat.” – Fiona Apple
77. “Home was not a perfect place. But it was the only home they had and they could hope to make it better.” – Dean Koontz
78. “Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.” – Matsuo Bashô
79. “Better to have a messy home and happy children than a perfect yard and unhappy children.” – Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
80. “A good laugh is sunshine in the house.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
Which of these home quotes was your favorite?
For many of us, home means sanctuary, the place we can rest, relax, spend time with loved ones, learn, grow, and much more. No matter what place you call home, you will always have a deep connection to it.
The place you call home usually holds a special place in your heart. It not only reminds you of your deepest values and hopes, but it also inspires you to realize them. Hopefully, the above quotes have reminded you that there’s no place quite like home.
Did you enjoy these home quotes and sayings? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
March 22, 2021 6:00 AM EST