As the title suggests, this article is all about funny teacher quotes. So, buckle up, as we are going to have unlimited fun ahead.
No doubt, teachers play a critical role in shaping our lives.
They help mold us into people that we will become as adults.
Teachers nurture the personalities of their students and nourish their ideas.
On a larger scale, teachers have an impact on society.
Most of us remember the old school and college days as the best time of our lives.
So, we have gathered the best funny teacher quotes for everyone to enjoy.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
You will also enjoy our article on funny yearbook quotes.
Top 10 Funny Teacher Quotes
Education may be serious, but teaching doesn’t always have to be. These quotes give a glimpse into the importance and fun of teaching.
1. “Being a new teacher is like trying to fly an airplane while building it.” – Rick Smith
2. “He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.” – George Bernard Shaw
3. “A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.” – D. Martin
4. “A very wise old teacher once said: I consider a day’s teaching wasted if we do not all have one hearty laugh.” – Gilbert Highet
You will also enjoy our article on Teacher’s Day quotes.
5. “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them to count is best.” – Bob Talbert
6. “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” – Colleen Wilcox
7. “If you can read this, thank a teacher.” – Harry S. Truman
8. “Children are like cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.” – Dr. Haim Ginott
9. “Experience is a good teacher, but she sends in terrific bills.” – Minna Thomas Antrim
10. “Don’t set your wit against a child.” – Johnathan Swift
You will also enjoy our article on funny inspirational quotes.
Funny Teacher Quotes you will love
Teachers aren’t in the profession to make a lot of money. As these quotes show, they are doing it with passion and care for helping and educating children (even on the hard days).
11. “The only reason I always try to meet and know the parents is because it helps me to forgive their children.” – Louis Johannot
12. “The work can wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won’t wait while you do the work.” – Patricia Clafford
13. “I like a teacher that gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” – Lily Tomlin
14. “A teacher`s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.” – D. Martin
15. “The older I got, the smarter my teachers became.” – Ally Carter
16. “Teachers are the only professionals who have to respond to bells every forty-five minutes and come out fighting.” – Frank McCourt
17. “In becoming a teacher, I`ve lost my mind … but found my heart and soul.” – Heidi McDonald
18. “A self-taught man usually has a poor teacher and a worse student.” – Henny Youngman
19. “Personally I’m always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.” – Winston Churchill
20. “Being a teacher is a lot like being a rock star.” – Heidi McDonald
You will also enjoy our article on Rodney Dangerfield quotes.
Teacher Quotes for Instagram
Teachers are like superheroes! And because of the stress they deal with, many have learned to laugh and joke about it as you’ll see from these quotes.
21. “For every person who wants to teach, there are approximately thirty people who don’t want to learn much.” – W. C. Stellar
22. “I can’t believe I just saw my teacher at the grocery store! I thought she lived in her classroom!” – Heidi McDonald
23. “A policeman pulled me over and asked me for my papers. I gladly gave him all of my students’ essays to grade and drove off.” – Heidi McDonald
24. “Teach the children so it will not be necessary to teach the adults.” – Abraham Lincoln
25. “Educators are the only people who lose sleep over other people’s children.” – Nicholas A. Ferroni
26. “Being a teacher is not a 9 – 5 job.” – Heidi McDonald
27. “Creativity: Take the obvious, add a cupful of brains, a generous pinch of imagination, a bucketful of courage and daring, stir well and bring to a boil.” – Bernard Baruch
28. “A very wise old teacher once said: I consider a day`s teaching wasted if we do not all have one hearty laugh.” – Gilbert Highet
29. “A cross-eyed teacher can keep twice the number of children in order than any other because the pupils do not know who she`s looking at.” – John R. Kemble
30. “In the school I went to, they asked a kid to prove the law of gravity, and he threw the teacher out of the window.” – Rodney Dangerfield
Funny Teacher Quotes you can’t Ignore
A teacher’s work can seem like it’s never done. These funny teacher quotes give a peek into their busy lives.
31. “There are three things to remember when teaching: know your stuff; know whom you are stuffing, and then stuff them elegantly.” – Lola May
32. “Sunday is a teacher’s day of rest: the rest of the laundry, the rest of the housework, and grade the rest of the papers.” – Heidi McDonald
33. “You want to know how I think art should be taught to children? Take them to a museum and say, “This is art, and you can’t do it.” – Steve Martin
34. “Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.” – George Burns
35. “I teach high school math. I sell a product to a market that doesn’t want it, but is forced by law to buy it.” – Dan Meyer
36. “The best thing about being a teacher is that it matters. The hardest thing about being a teacher is that it matters every day.” – Todd Whitaker
37. “Often when I am reading a good book, I stop and thank my teacher. That is, I used to, until she got an unlisted number.” – Unknown
38. “Dear Parents: If you promise not to believe everything your child says happens at school, I’ll promise not to believe everything he says happens at home.” – Unknown
39. “A gifted teacher is as rare as a gifted doctor and makes far less money.” – Unknown
40. “There are three good reasons to be a teacher – June, July and August.” – Unknown
More funny teacher quotes
There are many good teachers in school around the world. Many have a good sense of humor as you’ll see in these quotes.
41. “By choosing to be a teacher, you have entered an emotionally dangerous profession.” – Unknown
42. “They may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Unknown
43. “As long as teachers give tests there will always be prayer in schools.” – Unknown
44. “I’m a teacher. How’s that for super power?” – Unknown
45. “Treat your students the way you want to be treated.” – Unknown
46. “If you promise not to believe everything your child says happens at school, I’ll promise not to believe everything he says happens at home.” – Unknown
47. “Dear Teacher, I talk to everyone, so moving my seat won’t help at all.” – Unknown
48. “Summer: The time of the year when parents realize just how grossly underpaid teachers actually are.” – Unknown
49. “Good teachers are the ones who can challenge young minds without losing their own.” – Unknown
50. “Confessions of a Tired Teacher: I was so tired that I stopped at a stop sign and waited for it to turn green.” – Unknown
Funny Teacher Quotes To Highlight What their Career Entails
51. “A good teacher is a master of simplification and an enemy of simplism.” — Louis A. Berman.
52.“We expect teachers to handle teenage pregnancy, substance abuse, and the failings of the family. Then we expect them to educate our children.” — John Sculley.
53. “The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. He inspires self-distrust. He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him. He will have no disciple.” — Amos Bronson Alcott.
54. “Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.” — Sidney Hook.
55. “A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.” — Forest Witcraft.
56. “What is a teacher? I’ll tell you: it isn’t someone who teaches something, but someone who inspires the student to give of her best in order to discover what she already knows.” — Paulo Coelho.
57. “Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together.” — Scott Hayden.
58. “A teacher is never a giver of truth – he is a guide, a pointer to the truth that each student must find for himself. A good teacher is merely a catalyst.” — Bruce Lee.
59. “A teacher is one who helps others and influences lives forever.” — Catherine Pulsifer.
60. “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” — James Baldwin.
Funny Teacher Quotes To Remind of School Days
61. “Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve.” — Roger Lewin.
62. “True. It is an exacting and exhausting business, this damming up the flood of human potentialities.” — George Leonard.
63. “The dream begins, most of the time, with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you on to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth.” — Dan Rather.
64. “Administrators need to shift from being controllers to enablers, so as to liberate the energies and talents of the teachers.” — Steve Denning.
65. “Wherever you find something extraordinary, you’ll find the fingerprints of a great teacher.” — Arne Duncan.
66. “When you study great teachers…you will learn much more from their caring and hard work than from their style.” — William Glasser.
67. “If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.” — Guy Kawasaki.
68. “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” — Alexander The Great.
69. “The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself.” — Edward Buller-Lyton.
70. “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” — Joyce Meyer.
What are your Favorite Funny Teacher Quotes
Teaching is known for being a challenging profession while also being one of the most rewarding.
While teachers have to deal with long hours of grading papers and preparing assignments, they also have the chance to see the growth of their students.
It is a job that most people go into because they care about students and want to help make the world a better place.
Funny teacher quotes can be a good way to blow off steam and have a laugh if you are a teacher.
Or, if you’re a parent, you may find the perfect quote to share with your child’s teacher.
Let us know which quote you think is the best.
Read our related quote articles
Whatever you may feel about your first day of school (or your child’s first day of school), remember that everyone has been in this position in their lives.
Education is one of the most powerful aspects of life.
Through trials, triumphs, and the giggles in between, we are reminded of the beautiful mosaic of school life.
Encourage the magic of learning with our inspirational collection of school quotes.
Read our related education articles
Motivation determines what we do, how we do something, and how much we accomplish.
A fixation on tracking our growth and capabilities using a standardized grading scale gets implanted in us at an early age.
When people aren’t living their dreams, they often have limited belief systems.
“Hard work” applied to your natural talents and instincts will take you to levels others may never attain.