Aesthetic Green Quotes About the Color of Nature
February 27, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Read this collection of aesthetic quotes about the color green for artistic and environmental inspiration.
Whether your favorite color is a pastel green or a dark emerald hue, this list of green sayings will delight you.
Share your favorite green quote with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by the University of Essex, just five minutes of exercise in a green space can boost mood and self-esteem.
This statistic shows that nature has a positive impact on mental health and well-being, which can be highlighted through aesthetic green quotes
What are the benefits of reading green quotes?
Many people around the world agree that green is their favorite color.
This beautiful hue is very pleasing to the eye.
These green quotes will make you appreciate the color of environmental loveliness.
The color green reminds people of:
- powerful trees
- soft grass
- rolling ocean waves
- other aspects of nature
These incredible quotes perfectly describe what attracts people to the gorgeous shades of nature.
Different colors can impact your moods and desires profoundly.
Green is often associated with jealousy, money, health, and luck.
Share these green quotes with your friends and family to inspire a newfound love within them for this special color.
Don’t forget to check out these nature quotes about reconnecting with mother earth.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Green Quotes About the Color of Nature
Research conducted by the University of Melbourne found that green spaces in urban areas can improve air quality and reduce noise pollution.
This highlights the importance of green spaces and can inspire the use of green quotes to encourage people to appreciate and protect nature.
1. “Nature’s first green is gold.” – Robert Frost
You will also enjoy our article on December quotes.
2. “Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
You will also enjoy our article on sky quotes.
3. “The future will either be green or not at all.” – Bob Brown
You will also enjoy our article on beauty quotes life.
4. “As long as you’re green, you’re growing. As soon as you’re ripe, you start to rot.” – Ray Kroc
You will also enjoy our article on yellow quotes.
5. “Nature in her green, tranquil woods heals and soothes all afflictions.” – John Muir
You will also enjoy our article on 48 laws of power quotes.
6. “The roof of my house is covered in solar panels. When I’m home, I’m a pretty green fellow.” – Bill McKibben
You will also enjoy our article on goodbye quotes.
7. “Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come.” – Lois Lowry
You will also enjoy our article on rumi quotes.
8. “Stay green, stay in the woods, and stay safe.” – Karl Pilkington
You will also enjoy our article on rainy day quotes.
9. “I am in love with this green Earth.” – Charles Lamb
You will also enjoy our article on orange quotes.
10. “By the way, most of the light that comes from the sun is green.” – Bill Nye
You will also enjoy our article on dr seuss quotes.
Green quotes that explore the meaning behind the color
A study published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives found that exposure to green spaces can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
This highlights the health benefits of spending time in nature and can inspire the use of green quotes to promote a healthy lifestyle.
11. “Being green and clean is not just an aspiration but an action.” – Christine Pelosi
You will also enjoy our article on anne with an e quotes.
12. “I had to live in the desert before I could understand the full value of grass in a green ditch.” – Ella Maillart
You will also enjoy our article on obsession quotes.
13. “The pine stays green in winter… wisdom in hardship.” – Norman Douglas
You will also enjoy our article on snow quotes.
14. “Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart.” – Russell Page
You will also enjoy our article on tree quotes.
15. “Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches.” – Federico García Lorca
16. “The greenery, the scenery- it’s got a lot of trees, birds.” – Barbara Rodriquez
17. “It seems very safe to me to be surrounded by green growing things and water.” – Barbara Kingsolver
18. “Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.” – Noam Chomsky
19. “A meter of green is greener than a centimeter.” – Paul Gauguin
20. “When you’re green, your growing. When you’re ripe, you rot.” – Ray Kroc
Green quotes to appreciate the color of environmental loveliness
21. “Learn of the green world what can be thy place in scaled invention or true artistry.” – Ezra Pound
22. “Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly.” – Pablo Neruda
23. “Green is a process, not a status. We need to think of ‘green’ as a verb, not an adjective.” – Daniel Goleman
24. “It’s good to touch the green, green grass of home.” – Tom Jones
25. “The future is green energy, sustainability, renewable energy.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
26. “Green calm below, blue quietness above.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of blue quotes about the power of colors.
27. “A man who contemplates revenge keeps his wounds green.” – Francis Bacon
28. “Our green valleys will be greener once we fully grasp the infinite vitality of the green!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
29. “Going green doesn’t start with doing green acts, it starts with a shift in consciousness.” – Ian Somerhalden
30. “Even in winter it shall be green in my heart.” – Frederic Chopin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of winter quotes celebrating the changes of the season.
Green quotes that will make your day
31. “Children go with whatever makes them feel good – like if that’s the color green or orange, they do that with their clothes. As I’ve grown older, everything reversed. My music, my personality – onstage those things became my colors.” – Janelle Monae
32. “When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it.” – William Blake
33. “For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
34. “The garden of love is green without limit and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy. Love is beyond either condition: without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
35. “Green does not have to mean the sort of hair-shirt, wood-burning-stove sensibility of the ’70s. Green can and should be sleek and modern.” – Graydon Carter
36. “The green revolution has an entirely different meaning to most people in the affluent nations of the privileged world than to those in the developing nations of the forgotten world.” – Norman Borlaug
37. “Beauty, strength, and youth are flowers but fading; Duty, faith, and love are roots and ever green.” – George Peele
38. “For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” – Martin Luther
39. “With the gun you can make the earth red but if you have a plough you can make the earth green.” – Narendra Modi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Earth Day quotes that inspire an eco-friendly lifestyle.
40. “It’s been proven by quite a few studies that plants are good for our psychological development. If you green an area, the rate of crime goes down. Torture victims begin to recover when they spend time outside in a garden with flowers. So we need them, in some deep psychological sense, which I don’t suppose anybody really understands yet.” – Jane Goodall
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspiring Jane Goodall quotes about the environment.
Other beautiful green quotes
41. “In coastal waters rich in runoff, plankton can swarm densely, a million in a drop of water. They color the sea brown and green where deltas form from big rivers, or cities dump their sewage. Tiny yet hugely important, plankton govern how well the sea harvests the sun’s bounty, and so are the foundation of the ocean’s food chain.” – Gregory Benford
42. “Green in nature is one thing, green in literature another. Nature and letters seem to have a natural antipathy bring them together and they tear each other to pieces.” – Virginia Woolf
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Virginia Woolf quotes that will help you understand life itself.
43. “When I was 12 I was obsessed with green and had my mom get me a bunch of green bedding for my room.” – Doja Cat
44. “I just need green. I need to wake up and see grass and squirrels. I don’t want to see skyscrapers.” – Andre Leon Talley
45. “Green makes me think of silence, or maybe it’s loneliness. I get the feeling of a terribly distant star.” – Kobo Abe
46. “Every green natural place we save saves a fragment of our sanity and gives us a little more hope that we have a future.” – Wallace Stegner
47. “Keep the corners of your mouth turned up. Speak in a low, persuasive tone. Listen; be teachable. Laugh at good stories and learn to tell them…For as long as you are green, you can grow.” – Mother Teresa
48. “Green strongly influences the heart and helps alleviate tension. Positive qualities associated with green are generosity, humility, and cooperation. Foods of the green vibration are all green fruits and green vegetables.” – Tae Yun Kim
49. “Life is a green madness just now, trying to squeeze the last bit of warmth from the season.” – Vernor Vinge
50. “Green is a label for a certain attitude to life, a certain kind of respect that one might have for the very source of things that we take for granted.” – Annie Lennox
More green quotes about the color
51. “Dark green is my favorite color. It’s the color of nature and the color of money and the color of moss!” – Leonardo DiCaprio
52. “Absolute green is the most restful color, lacking any undertone of joy, grief, or passion. On exhausted men, this restfulness has a beneficial effect, but after a time it becomes tedious. ” – Wassily Kandinsky
53. “Green is the fresh emblem of well-founded hopes. In blue the spirit can wander, but in green, it can rest.” – Mary Webb
54. “They say it’s better to bury your sadness in a graveyard or garden that waits for the spring to wake from its sleep and burst into green.” – Conor Oberst
55. “My favorite color is jungle green. At least, that’s what it said on the side of my favorite crayon in first grade. I don’t know if it’s an official color.” – Mike Posner
56. “An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight… the truly wise person is colorblind.” – Albert Schweitzer
57. “The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green.” – Thomas Carlyle
58. “If your knees aren’t green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.” – Bill Watterson
59. “Green has always been my mom’s favorite color. My father, aunt and I have gotten her jade, emerald, and peridot pieces over the years, and we always seem to be on the lookout.” – Erika Christensen
60. “In the hierarchy of colors, green represents the social middle class, self-satisfied, immovable, narrow.” – Wassily Kandinsky
Remember to read these John Muir quotes that will expand your mind.
Green quotes to refresh your day
61. “Green is a soothing color, isn’t it? I mean Gryffindor rooms are all well and good but the trouble with red is — it is said to send you a little mad — not that I’m casting aspersions . . .” ― Jack Thorne
62. “We sat in silence, letting the green in the air heal what it could.” ― Erica Bauermeister
63. “And the needles of the pine trees, freshly washed to a deep, rich green, shimmered with droplets that blinked like clear crystals.” ― Billie Letts
64. “She turned back to inspect a bank of greens: olive, jade, leaf, kiwi, lime, a silver-green like the back of birch leaves, a bright pistachio.” ― Anne Bartlett
65. “The green earth is a symbol of hope. Walk on it like you are going somewhere, even when you are going nowhere.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
66. “How do you know if it is spirit or nature who answers? Maybe there is no difference at all. Maybe grace is green.” ― Pam Grossman
67. “Her green mind made the world around her green.” ― Wallace Stevens
68. “I can breathe where there is green. Green grows hope. It keeps my heart beating and helps me remember who I am.” ― Courtney M. Privett
69. “Light is found on the green.” ― J.R. Rim
70. “It doesn’t matter what my eyes have seen,
For the better out of the blue comes green.”
― Ana Claudia Antunes
Green quotes relating to life and nature
71. “My father pointed to the moon and asked me what color it was. I couldn’t tell. So he told me to look at the horizon and then glance back quickly at the moon. Then I saw it: it was pale green.” -Alden Baker
72. “He had that curious love of green, which in individuals is always the sign of a subtle artistic temperament, and in nations is said to denote a laxity, if not a decadence of morals.” -Oscar Wilde
73. “The artist who pictures sounds as colors, who feels the difference in microns between one sea green and another… is not attending to what the world considers important.” -Eric Maisel
74. “Green represents the dead image of life.” -Rudolf Steiner
75. “It’s not easy being green” -Kermit the Frog
Green Quotes To Remind Us About Nature’s Beauty
76. “I will be Green until the day I die, if not for a long time after.” — Bob Brown
77. “The prime of life is that fleeting time between green and over-ripe.” — Cullen Hightower
78. “I long for the countryside. That’s where I get my calm and tranquillity – from being able to come and find a spot of green.” — Emilia Clarke
79. “You are either green and growing, or ripe and rotting.” — Frosty Westering
80. “For the forest to be green, each tree must be green.” — George Harrison
81. “The prime of life is that fleeting time between green and over-rip.” — Cullen Hightower
82. “You could cover the whole earth with asphalt, but sooner or later green grass would break through.” — Ilya Ehrenburg
83. “All life on earth emanates from the green of the plant.” — Jay Kordich
84. “Green grass grows where dry desert ends.” — Og Mandino
85. “I now know all shades of the color green, having spent 90 days staring at that green screen. I’ll never forget that color, as long as I live.” — Rob Letterman
Green Quotes About an Eco-Friendly Lifestyle
86. “We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.” – Native American Proverb
87. “The Earth is what we all have in common.”—Wendell Berry
88. “The environment is no one’s property to destroy; it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect.” – Mohith Agadi
89. “He that plants trees loves others besides himself.”—Thomas Fuller
90. “If we want to move towards a low-polluting, sustainable society, we need to get consumers to think about their purchases.” – David Suzuki
91. “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.”—Leo Tolstoy
92. “We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.” – Barack Obama
93. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.”—John Ruskin
94. “What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on.” – Henry David Thoreau
95. “We can never have enough of Nature.” – Henry David Thoreau
Green Quotes To Make You Feel Lively
96. “Look for the valleys, the green places, and fly through them. There will always be a way through.” ― C. S. Lewis
97. “Don’t wait for someone to green light your project, build your own intersection.” ― Tyler Perry
98. “May thy ball lie in green pastures, and not in still waters.” ― Ben Hogan
99. “Don’t put blankets over the drum! Open completely. Let your spirit ear listen to the green dome’s passionate murmur.” ― Rumi
100. “A bland smile is like a green light at an intersection, it feels good when you get one, but you forget it the moment you’re past it.” ― Douglas Coupland
101. “The sky was as blue as a stupid postcard, and the islands were as green as islands.” ― Matthew Tobin Anderson
102. “He could not die when the trees were green, For he loved the time too well.” ― John Clare
103. “All in green went my love of riding on a great horse of gold into the silver dawn.” ― e. e. cummings
104. “It takes a person of great care and insight to watch for any abnormality in the green grass even while it grows abundantly and healthily.” ― Kenzaburo Oe
105. “And joy is everywhere; it is in the earth’s green covering of grass; in the blue serenity of the sky.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
Green Quotes To Embrace Nature
106. “If there is a future, it will be green.” — Petra Kelly
107. “A red light is less about our need to stop. Rather, it’s more about the fact that someone at that intersection has a green one.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
108. “I think I look great in green, and I’m going to start wearing more green.” — Garry Shandling
109. “No one thinks of winter when the grass is green.” — Rudyard Kipling
110. “The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.” — Confucius
111. “But the grass ain’t always greener on the other side, It’s green where you water it.” — Justin Bieber
112. “It doesn’t matter how green a blade of grass is expected to be, when it’s already smashed beneath the feet.” ― Munia Khan
113. “Every green herb, from the lotus to the darnel, is rich with delicate aids to help incurious man.” — Martin Farquhar Tupper
114. “What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.” — Bill Shankly
115. “Every mind should reflect to touch the green of life through trees.” ― Munia Khan
Green Quotes To Give You Natural Vibes
116. “That’s the world out there, little green apples and infectious disease.” — Don DeLillo
117. “They were still all beautiful and there was still enchantment and wonder, but she had crossed a line and now the fairy tale was green with corruption and evil.” — Stephen King
118. “Something clenched in my chest, and for a moment, the whole world narrowed down to the green of his eyes.” — Richelle Mead
119. “Tatiana’s eyes were huge and poison-green, eyes with enough pain in them to eat away at a world and devour a soul.” — Cassandra Clare
120. “Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means, Time held me green and dying Though I sang in my chains like the sea.” — Dylan Thomas
121. “I don’t care if a dude is purple with green breath as long as he can swing.” — Miles Davis
122. “Money is made at Christmas out of holly and mistletoe, but who save the vendors would greatly care if no green branch were procurable?” — George Gissing
123. “Evil springs up, and flowers, and bears no seed, And feeds the green earth with its swift decay, Leaving it richer for the growth of truth.” — James Russell Lowell
124. “Spring with its wavin’ green grass and heaps of sweet-smellin’ flowers on every hill and in every dale.” — Roy Bean
125. “He wakes into music the green forest-bowers.” — Willis Gaylord Clark
Green Quotes To Inspire You To Appreciate The Refreshing And Tranquil Color
126. “I don’t reproach the spring for starting up again. I can’t blame it for doing what it must year after year. I know that my grief will not stop the green.” ― Wisława Szymborska
127. “I like light green, sometimes red is fun to look at, not a fan of yellow, unless it’s in a rainbow or on a coffee mug or on a happy face.” — Chris Kattan
128. “The greener the setting, the more the relief.” — Richard Louv
129. “It doesn’t matter if you’re black or white… the only color that really matters is green.” — Family Guy
130. “Green is the color of the heart. Keep your inner self green. Keep your surroundings green. Green keeps heart healthy. Be evergreen, by heart,….as a person tool!!” — Raghuram Shastry
131. “Remember, green’s your color. You are spring.” — Gwendolyn Brooks
132. “Green’s a good color.” ― Michael Scott
133. “Everything has yet to be invented. I never say ‘green’ – I say ‘greener.’ It’s greener simply because this is a continuum of change, improvement and discovery.” — Yves Behar
134. “Two days after the tragic events of 9/11, I found myself anxious, upset, and desperately in need of the color green.” ― Eleyne-Mari Sharp
135. “Mother Nature is calling you, To embrace with her green hue!” ― Md. Ziaul Haque
Which green quotes inspire you the most to live a colorful life?
The color green is perfect to use in fashion, architecture, landscaping, and other designs.
For many people, shades of green remind them of nature and environmentalism.
Living green is a whole lifestyle.
Read these green sayings and colorful quotes if you want to gain a deeper understanding of what this color represents.
Have you been seeking artistic inspiration or encouragement to live a greener life?
Check out this collection of amazing quotes that explore the meaning behind the color green.
You’ll love these beautiful sayings and clever phrases even if green is not your favorite color.
What are your favorite green quotes and sayings about colors and environmentalism?
Let us know in the comment section below.