Father’s Day Quotes Celebrating Your Amazing Dad
Every day is the perfect day to celebrate dear ‘ol dad, and these epic Father’s Day quotes are perfect!
June 19, 2022 8:00 AM EST
From the time we are little, we look to our fathers for love, strength, and support.
They give us their all and don’t ask for much in return, a selfless act of a man who would do anything and everything for us.
These Father’s Day quotes are an awesome way to show dad just how much you care, any day of the year.
Father’s Day is a celebration to honor the fathers of the world, fatherhood, paternal bonds and the vital role fathers play in society.
It’s a day dedicated to fathers so that we can appreciate all the hard work they do.
Capable caretakers and disciplinarians, fathers contribute greatly to the emotional well-being of their children.
Besides, fathers influence our relationships in a big way.
The relationship you had with your father when you were still a child can affect all other relationships throughout your life.
If you’re a girl and your dad was kind, loving, and gentle, you’ll look for men who hold similar characteristics.
On the other hand, boys will always try to model themselves after their fathers.
Father’s Day is celebrated in many countries around the world, albeit at different times of the year.
There are many different ways to honor dad, but the day will forever serve as a reminder of what fathers mean to us.
So, whether you decide to spend the day with him or you choose to get him a nice gift, make sure he knows how special he is to you.
In honor of dear old dad, below is our collection of beautiful, inspirational, and meaningful Father’s Day quotes, Father’s Day sayings, and Father’s Day proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the year.
Also, see our selection of inspirational father daughter quotes celebrating an unbreakable bond.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Father’s Day Quotes Celebrating Your Amazing Dad
1. “I love my father as the stars – he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” – Terri Guillemets
You will also enjoy our article on dad quotes.
2. “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” – Tim Russert
3. “Dads are like chocolate chip cookies; they may have chips or be totally nutty, but they are sweet and make the world a better place.” – Hillary Lytle
4. “My father, he was like the rock, the guy you went to with every problem.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
5. “My dad, like any coach, has always stressed the fundamentals. He taught me responsibility, accountability, and the importance of hard work.” – Steve Young
6. “My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do—be there.” — Max Lucado
7. “Dad, you’re someone to look up to no matter how tall I’ve grown.” – Anon
8. “He adopted a role called Being a Father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a Protector.” – Tom Wolfe
9. “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.” — Anne Geddes
10. “There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father.” — Alison Lohman
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of parents quotes about family and support.
Father’s Day quotes for the most important man in your life
11. “No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” — Hedy Lamarr
12. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Antoine-François Prévost
13. “No matter what drama I deal with at work, when I get home and hear them scream, ‘Daddy!’ I forget whatever it was I was stressed about,” – Mario Lopez
14. “Fatherly love is the act of giving your life for the sake of someone else’s needs.” – Nate Dallas
15. “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.” – Pam Brown
16. “Fathers just have a way of putting everything together.” — Erika Cosby
17. “Every son quotes his father, in words and in deeds.” —Terri Guillemets
18. “A father’s smile has been known to light up a child’s entire day.” — Susan Gale
19. “When you need real understanding, When you need someone to care, When you need someone to guide you… A father’s always there.” – Thomas J. Langley
20. “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” — Clarence Budington Kelland
Also, check out these heartwarming grandpa quotes to share with your loved ones.
Father’s Day quotes to show how special he is to you
21. “My dad taught me that good health is all about living in gratitude.” – Marishka Hargitay
22. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
23. “To be a father requires patience, love and giving up the ‘all about me’ attitude.” – Catherine Pulsifer
24. “It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life.” – Dawn French
25. “A father’s words are like a thermostat that sets the temperature in the house.” — Paul Lewis
26. “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family.” — Reed Markham
27. “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
28. “I believe the heart of the heavenly Father is reflected in the heart of the earthly father.” – Nathan Lorick
29. “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” – John Sinor
30. “The most important influence in my childhood was my father.” – DeForest Kelley
Father’s Day quotes to show him how much you care
31. “Every son’s first superhero is his father, and it was the same for me. For me, he was Superman and Batman combined.” – Tiger Shroff
32. “I’ve said it before, but it’s absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.” – Liza Minnelli
33. “Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.” – Marinela Reka
34. “It’s the one thing I’ve always wanted to be. Never is a man more of a man than when he is the father of a newborn.” – Matthew McConaughey
35. “A great man is one who leaves others at a loss after he is gone.” — Paul Valery
36. “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.” — Dave Attell
37. “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” — George Herbert
38. “Above all, children need our unconditional love, whether they succeed or make mistakes; when life is easy and when life is tough.” — President Barack Obama
39. “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom,” – Umberto Eco
40. “An almost perfect relationship with his father was the earthly root of all his wisdom.” – C.S. Lewis
Other meaningful and inspirational Father’s Day quotes and sayings
41. “Father is the noblest title a man can be given.” — Robert L. Backman
42. “It’s only when you grow up and step back from him – or leave him for your own home – it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.” – Margaret Truman
43. “The best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” — John Wooden
44. “Fathers provide not only support but also encouragement.” – Catherine Pulsifer
45. “A father is a banker provided by nature.” — French proverb
46. “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.” — Unknown
47. “I inherited that calm from my father, who was a farmer. You sow, you wait for good or bad weather, you harvest, but working is something you always need to do.” – Miguel Indurain
48. “The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched.” — Justin Ricklefs
49. “A good father is one whose only reason for putting down a laughing baby is to pick up a crying one.” — Linda Poindexter
50. “My dad believed in me, even when I didn’t. He always knew I could do this.” – Taylor Swift
Heartwarming Father’s Day quotes
51. “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” – Frank A. Clark
52. “When I was 18, I thought my father was pretty dumb. After a while when I got to be 21, I was amazed to find out how much he’d learned in three years.” – Frank Butler
53. “My father was my teacher. But most importantly he was a great dad.” – Beau Bridges
54. “Being a father, being a friend, those are the things that make me feel successful.” – William Hurt
55. “But the love of adventure was in father’s blood.” – Buffalo Bill
56. “Every parent is at some time the father of the unreturned prodigal, with nothing to do but keep his house open to hope.” – John Ciardi
57. “Every little girl thinks her father is the smartest man in the world.” – Holly Robinson
58. “In a nutshell, then, we are right to strive toward becoming a famous dad, a hero in our home, precisely because in our fathering we have the awesome opportunity to reflect God, the ultimate Father.” – Matt Click
59. “But there’s no substitute for a full-time dad. Dads who are fully engaged with their kids overwhelmingly tend to produce children who believe in themselves and live full lives.” – Tony Dungy
60. “Whenever I need advice or someone to just listen, Dad is always the man. The confidence he has in me is terrifying and encouraging all at the same time.” – Asha Patrick
More Father’s Day quotes celebrating all dads
61. “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad because you are so special to me.” – Wade Boggs
62. “Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then, it’s a love without end.” – George Strait
63. “I love my daddy. My daddy’s everything. I hope I can find a man that will treat me as good as my dad.” – Lady Gaga
64. “Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” —Gloria Naylor
65. “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her was the love of her father.” – Harper Lee
66. “My daddy was my hero—he was always there for me when I needed him.” —Bindi Irwin
67. “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” —Michael Ratnadeepak
68. “For every dream that has taken flight, there’s a father who believed.” — Jennifer Fujita
69. “Great fathers don’t find fault. Great fathers find solutions.” —Reed Markham
70. “They go beyond. They go above. Fathers have mastered how to love.” —Keion Jackson
Did you enjoy these Father’s Day quotes?
Father’s Day is an event celebrated in many parts of the world; a day to honor the important men in our lives.
It’s a time to thank your dad for all he’s done for you.
No matter what relationship you share with your father, always be grateful for the role he played in your existence.
We hope the Father’s Day quotes above have inspired you to give your dad a day that shows him just how special he is to you.
Which of these Father’s Day quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add to the list?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
Also, if you enjoyed this Father’s Day quotes collection, be sure to share with your friends and followers.
June 20, 2021 at 12:54 AM
My Father is my superstar .Love u papa…. Lots of love