These rain quotes will help wash away the stress and bring you the happiness you deserve!
Don’t you just love the smell of rain? It smells fresh and clean. It smells like change. When rain falls, it washes across the world and can make even a dirty old street look glistening and beautiful.
Nothing beats a rainy day to wash away any negativity you may be facing in your life. If those clouds above your head are turning gray, don’t wish them away. Instead, embrace the drizzle that is about to come. Take some time to step outside and walk in the rain. Breath in the chilly, fresh air, and feel your body relax.
Below are some of our favorite rain quotes to lift your spirits. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also read these thoughtful climate change quotes to inspire you to take action.
Optimistic rain quotes
1. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
2. “And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
3. “Colors shone with exceptional clarity in the rain. The ground was a deep black, the pine branches a brilliant green, the people wrapped in yellow looking like special spirits that were allowed to wander over the earth on rainy mornings only.” – Haruki Murakami
4. “Thy fate is the common fate of all; Into each life some rain must fall.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
5. “Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempest.” – Epicurus
6. “Don’t confuse your path with your destination. Just because it’s stormy now doesn’t mean that you aren’t headed for sunshine.” — Unknown
7. “True, the sun and the wind inspire. But rain has an edge. Who, after all, dreams of dancing in dust? Or kissing in the bright sun?” — Cynthia Barnett
8. “The sun after the rain is much beautiful than the sun before the rain.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
9. “Nana always said the rain was nature’s way of adding sparkle to the outdoors.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
10. “Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves. Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine.” – James Poland
11. “Rain hangs about the place, like a friendly ghost. If it’s not coming down in delicate droplets, then it’s in buckets; and if neither, it tends to lurk suspiciously in the atmosphere.” — Barbara Acton- Bond
Wise rain quotes
12. “Celebrate the rain; it only means that the sun shall shine bigger and brighter than ever.” — Unknown
13. “Only a select few are able to see the true beauty that lies behind what just might seem like a rainy day or a grey sky.” – Jessica M. Laar
14. “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
15. “Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
16. “Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” – Vladimir Nabokov
17. “God is good for everybody. The sun shines on good people and bad people, and it rains on both, too. God doesn’t choose rain only for bad people.” – Mariano Rivera
18. “If the rain spoils our picnic, but saves a farmer’s crop, who are we to say it shouldn’t rain?” — Tom Barrett
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of farmer quotes that will make you love the land.
19. “Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” — Bill Watterson
Rain quotes about happiness
20. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Dolly Parton quotes from the iconic actress.
21. “Rain is not only drops of water. It’s the love of the sky for earth. They never meet each other but sends love this way.” — Unknown
22. “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
23. “I’m singing in the rain, just singing in the rain. What a wonderful feeling, I’m happy again.” – Arthur Freed
24. “I’ve always found the rain very calming.” – Venus Williams
25. “The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.” – Eeyore
26. “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
27. “A rainy day is a special gift to readers.” – Amy Miles
28. “There are many things I do for amusement, but for happiness I like to gather up my memories and go for a walk in the rain.” – Robert Brault
29. “Rain showers my spirit and waters my soul.” – Emily Logan Decens
30. “Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.” – Emily Wing Smith
31. “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.” — Langston Hughes
Inspiring rain quotes
32. “On a sunny clear day, you can improve your body; on a rainy fogy day, you can improve your mind!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
33. “Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.” – John Updike
34. “Singing in the rain. I’m singing in the rain. And it’s such a glorious feeling.”― David Levithan
35. “The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling.” – Lucretius
36. “Without rain, there is no life.” – Jerry Yang
37. “Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky.” – Arna Bontemps
38. “In London, the weather would affect me negatively. I react strongly to light. If it is cloudy and raining, there are clouds and rain in my soul.” – Jerzy Kosinski
39. “The drop of rain maketh a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling.” — Hugh Latimer
Rain quotes about life
40.“Life’s not about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
41. “You pray for rain, you got to deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” – Denzel Washington
42. “Some people walk in the rain; others just get wet.” – Roger Miller
43. “Some people are making such thorough preparation for rainy days that they aren’t enjoying today’s sunshine.” – William Feather
44. “A rainy day is an equalizer. You don’t know what’s going to happen. You just take what you can get.” – Charlie Harvey
45. “Keep something for a rainy day.” – Traditional Proverb
46. “The rain began again. It fell heavily, easily, with no meaning or intention but the fulfillment of its own nature, which was to fall and fall.” — Helen Garner
47. “A single gentle rain makes the grass many shades greener.” — Henry David Thoreau
48. “Don’t threaten me with love, baby. Let’s just go walking in the rain.” — Billie Holiday
49. “I need the seasons to live to the rhythm of rain and sun.” – Sophie Marceau
50. “She was passionate about the rain and I was passionate about the way she loved it. It was that way with everything. It is safe to say that if I didn’t have her, there would be no fire in me at all.” – Christopher Poindexter
Don’t forget to also check out these water quotes that will get you thinking.
Did you enjoy these rain quotes?
We often take rain for granted. It is easy to forget that rain is the very blood of life. It feeds the plants that give us air and food, washes away the dirt in our streets, and keeps us clean and healthy. A good rainfall is also an opportunity to stay connected with nature.
Next time it rains near you, take time to enjoy it. If you’re able, take a walk in the rain. Or else, open a couple of windows and let your home be filled with the freshness the rain brings. Pour yourself a hot beverage and cuddle up in a cozy blanket as you listen to the silvery drops fall on your roof.
Allow your body to relax and remember that rain symbolizes a fresh start. Let the rain inspire you to make the changes you’ve been wanting to make. Let the rain wash away any fear or anxiety you’ve been feeling. And let the rain put your mind at ease.
Which of these rain quotes and sayings was your favorite? Do you have another rain quote you would like to share? Let us know in the comment section below!