These rain quotes will help wash away the stress and bring you the happiness you deserve!
Don’t you just love the smell of rain? It smells fresh and clean. It smells like change.
When rain falls, it washes across the world and can make even a dirty old street look glistening and beautiful.
Nothing beats a rainy day to wash away any negativity you may be facing in your life. If those clouds above your head are turning gray, don’t wish them away.
Instead, embrace the drizzle that is about to come. Take some time to step outside and walk in the rain. Breath in the chilly, fresh air, and feel your body relax.
Below are some of our favorite rain quotes to lift your spirits. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also read these climate change quotes to inspire you to take action.
Optimistic rain quotes
1. “The sun after the rain is much beautiful than the sun before the rain.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
2. “Nana always said the rain was nature’s way of adding sparkle to the outdoors.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
3. “Celebrate the rain; it only means that the sun shall shine bigger and brighter than ever.” — Unknown
4. “Thy fate is the common fate of all; Into each life some rain must fall.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
5. “Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempest.” – Epicurus
6. “Don’t confuse your path with your destination. Just because it’s stormy now doesn’t mean that you aren’t headed for sunshine.” — Unknown
7. “True, the sun and the wind inspire. But rain has an edge. Who, after all, dreams of dancing in dust? Or kissing in the bright sun?” — Cynthia Barnett
8. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
9. “And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
10. “Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves. Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine.” – James Poland
11. “Rain hangs about the place, like a friendly ghost. If it’s not coming down in delicate droplets, then it’s in buckets; and if neither, it tends to lurk suspiciously in the atmosphere.” — Barbara Acton- Bond
Wise rain quotes
12. “Colors shone with exceptional clarity in the rain. The ground was a deep black, the pine branches a brilliant green, the people wrapped in yellow looking like special spirits that were allowed to wander over the earth on rainy mornings only.” – Haruki Murakami
13. “Only a select few are able to see the true beauty that lies behind what just might seem like a rainy day or a grey sky.” – Jessica M. Laar
14. “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
15. “Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
16. “Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” – Vladimir Nabokov
17. “God is good for everybody. The sun shines on good people and bad people, and it rains on both, too. God doesn’t choose rain only for bad people.” – Mariano Rivera
18. “If the rain spoils our picnic, but saves a farmer’s crop, who are we to say it shouldn’t rain?” — Tom Barrett
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of farmer quotes that will make you love the land.
19. “Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” — Bill Watterson
Rain quotes about happiness
20. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Dolly Parton quotes from the iconic actress.
21. “Rain is not only drops of water. It’s the love of the sky for earth. They never meet each other but sends love this way.” — Unknown
22. “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
23. “I’m singing in the rain, just singing in the rain. What a wonderful feeling, I’m happy again.” – Arthur Freed
24. “I’ve always found the rain very calming.” – Venus Williams
25. “The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.” – Eeyore
26. “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
27. “A rainy day is a special gift to readers.” – Amy Miles
28. “There are many things I do for amusement, but for happiness I like to gather up my memories and go for a walk in the rain.” – Robert Brault
29. “Rain showers my spirit and waters my soul.” – Emily Logan Decens
30. “Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.” – Emily Wing Smith
31. “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.” — Langston Hughes
Inspiring rain quotes
32. “On a sunny clear day, you can improve your body; on a rainy fogy day, you can improve your mind!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
33. “Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.” – John Updike
34. “Singing in the rain. I’m singing in the rain. And it’s such a glorious feeling.”― David Levithan
35. “The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling.” – Lucretius
36. “Without rain, there is no life.” – Jerry Yang
37. “Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky.” – Arna Bontemps
38. “In London, the weather would affect me negatively. I react strongly to light. If it is cloudy and raining, there are clouds and rain in my soul.” – Jerzy Kosinski
39. “The drop of rain maketh a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling.” — Hugh Latimer
Rain quotes about life
40.“Life’s not about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
41. “You pray for rain, you got to deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” – Denzel Washington
42. “Some people walk in the rain; others just get wet.” – Roger Miller
43. “Some people are making such thorough preparation for rainy days that they aren’t enjoying today’s sunshine.” – William Feather
44. “A rainy day is an equalizer. You don’t know what’s going to happen. You just take what you can get.” – Charlie Harvey
45. “Keep something for a rainy day.” – Traditional Proverb
46. “The rain began again. It fell heavily, easily, with no meaning or intention but the fulfillment of its own nature, which was to fall and fall.” — Helen Garner
47. “A single gentle rain makes the grass many shades greener.” — Henry David Thoreau
48. “Don’t threaten me with love, baby. Let’s just go walking in the rain.” — Billie Holiday
49. “I need the seasons to live to the rhythm of rain and sun.” – Sophie Marceau
50. “She was passionate about the rain and I was passionate about the way she loved it. It was that way with everything. It is safe to say that if I didn’t have her, there would be no fire in me at all.” – Christopher Poindexter
Don’t forget to also check out these water quotes that will get you thinking.
Rain quotes that will make yor day
51. “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.” – Charlie Chaplin
52. “Poetry is just so emo.”” he said. “”Oh, the pain. The pain. It always rains. In my soul.” – John Green
53. “It didn’t rain for you, maybe, but it always rains for me. The sky shatters and rains shards of glass.” – Tablo
54. “Umbrella is comfort, rain is life! You must often leave comfort to touch the life!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
55. “The universe acknowledges the value of your tears; for when it rains, it is shedding its own.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
56. “Let’s just sit quietly and listen to the secrets the rain wants to tell us.” – John Mark Green
57. “There is a way of walking through rain without getting hit by a single drop – you just have to find what it is.” – Stewart Stafford
58. “You can’t escape the thoughts on a rainy day: In the spirit of the gloom there is a talisman that keeps people from having fun and invites them to the world of thoughts!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
59. “We have one thing in common with umbrellas: We both exist because the rain exists!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
60. “The scent of first rain; it always reminded me of that feverish first love.” – Priya Prithviraj
You might also like these sky quotes for those who marvel at the world above.
61. “And in this moment, like a swift intake of breath, the rain came.” – Truman Capote
62. “Rain is grace; rain is the sky condescending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.” – John Updike
63. “Rain is good for vegetables, and for the animals who eat those vegetables, and for the animals who eat those animals.” –Samuel Johnson
64. “The rain is famous for falling on the just and unjust alike, but if I had the management of such affairs I would rain softly and sweetly on the just, but if I caught a sample of the unjust out doors I would drown him.” – Mark Twain
65. “A little rain each day will fill the rivers to overflowing.” – Liberian Proverb
More Rain quotes and sayings
66. “For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
67. “There is nothing quite like the smell of rain on a grass field after a sunny spell.” – Fuad Alakbarov
68. “The storm starts, when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping.” – Dr. Seuss
69. “You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” – Denzel Washington
70. “As rain falls equally on the just and the unjust, do not burden your heart with judgments but rain your kindness equally on all.” – Buddha
71. “God is in the rain.” – Alan Moore
72. “Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.” – Susan Ertz
73. “One can find so many pains when the rain is falling.” – John Steinbeck
74. “Everything is more beautiful in the rain. Don’t ask me why. But it’s like this whole other realm of opportunity.” – Penelope Douglas
75. “Through all the rain and the pain, you gotta keep your sense of humor.” – Tupac Shakur
Other rain quotes
76. “Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.” – Hosea Ballou
77. “Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
78. “August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.” – Sylvia Plath
79. “If it’s raining you can’t fix the roof, if it’s not raining it doesn’t need to be fixed.” – Jim Rohn
80. “I love the smell of rain, and I love the sound of the ocean waves.” – Amy Purdy
81. “A rainy day is the perfect time for a walk in the woods.” – Rachel Carson
82. “Stew’s so comforting on a rainy day.” – Dodie Smith
83. “The rain is falling all around, it falls on fields and trees. It rains on the umbrellas here, and on the ships at sea.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
84. “Nature looks more beautiful in the rain” – Melissa Harrison85. “Without the rain, we would never feel thankful for the warmth of the sun.” – Unknown
Thought-provoking rain quotes
85. “Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.” – Frank A. Clark
86. “There are three things you can do in a baseball game. You can win, or you can lose, or it can rain.” – Casey Stengel
87. “Tears fall in my heart like the rain on the town.” – Paul Verlaine
88. “Most of my memories are the sound of rain on caravan roofs.” – Kelly Macdonald
89. “Don’t predict the condition of the entire day by the state of the morning. You don’t judge a book by its cover. A cloudy morning is no guarantee for a rainy day!” – Israelmore Ayivor
90. “The rain will stop, the night will end, the hurt will fade. Hope is never so lost that it can’t be found.” – Ernest Hemingway
91. “Never duck responsibility, its like running from the rain only to fall into the river.” – Farrah Gray
92. “I am suddenly left alone again on the sunny path, with a memory of the rain.” – Azar Nafisi
93. “The sound of the rain needs no translation.” – Alan Watts94. “And I don’t know why but with you I’d dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless.” – Taylor Swift
Rain quotes that will make you want to cozy up
94. “I’m leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it’s not raining.” -Groucho Marx
95. “My favourite day is like when it’s raining, and I can just lie on the couch.” -Lloyd Blankfein
96. “Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.” -Author Unknown
97. “Invariably our best nights were those when it rained.” -Henry David Thoreau
98. “Some people feel the rain — others just get wet.” -Roger Miller
99. “I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness.” -Adeline Knapp
100. “The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night And I love the rain.” -Langston Hughes
101. “Innocent droplets of rain make almost all events quite natural.” -Visar Zhiti
102. “All was silent as before — All silent save the dripping rain.” -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
103. “Kiss me with rain on your eyelashes, come on, let us sway together, under the trees, and to hell with thunder.” -Edwin Morgan
104. “The richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected; I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend.” -Douglas Couplan
105. “The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain. This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you’d just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency.” -Susan Allen Toth
Did you enjoy these rain quotes?
We often take rain for granted. It is easy to forget that rain is the very blood of life. It feeds the plants that give us air and food, washes away the dirt in our streets, and keeps us clean and healthy. Good rainfall is also an opportunity to stay connected with nature.
Next time it rains near you, take time to enjoy it. If you’re able, take a walk in the rain. Or else, open a couple of windows and let your home be filled with the freshness the rain brings.
Pour yourself a hot beverage and cuddle up in a cozy blanket as you listen to the silvery drops fall on your roof.
Allow your body to relax and remember that rain symbolizes a fresh start. Let the rain inspire you to make the changes you’ve been wanting to make.
Let the rain wash away any fear or anxiety you’ve been feeling. And let the rain put your mind at ease.
Which of these rain quotes and sayings was your favorite? Do you have another rain quote you would like to share? Let us know in the comment section below!
April 15, 2022 6:00 AM EST