This mesmerizing collection of rain quotes will help you appreciate the storms of life.
Step into a world where raindrops become lyrical messengers, evoking a spectrum of emotions.
From the melancholic words of Edgar Allan Poe to the soul-stirring verses of Lang Leav, each quote unfolds like a poetic downpour, drenching our spirits in a symphony of sentiments.
Picture yourself in the iconic scene of Gene Kelly dancing joyfully in the rain.
With each raindrop that falls, we unravel the lessons of impermanence, renewal, and the beauty of embracing life’s storms.
Join us on this captivating journey, where rain becomes a metaphor for growth, healing, and the gentle reminder that even amidst the darkest clouds, there’s always a silver lining.
Let us know your favorite rain quote in the comment section below.
Check out these thunder quotes, too!
What Are The Benefits Of Reading Rain Quotes?
These rain quotes will offer you perspective on many of the things going on in your life.
You might think of rain as gloomy and upsetting, yet, there are many good things about rain.
These rain quotes will help you with:
- Creating a perfect social media post
- Complete a school project
- Constructing arts and crafts project
- Seeing the positive even when things are dark and gloomy
For example, don’t you just love the smell of rain?
It smells fresh and clean.
It smells like change.
When rain falls, it washes across the world and can make even a dirty old street look glistening and beautiful.
Don’t Hate The Rain
Nothing beats a rainy day to wash away any negativity you may be facing in your life.
If those clouds above your head turn gray, don’t wish them away.
Instead, embrace the drizzle that is about to come.
Take some time to step outside and walk in the rain.
Breathe in the chilly, fresh air, and feel your body relax.
Below are some of our favorite rain quotes to lift your spirits. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to read these climate change quotes to inspire you to take action.
Optimistic Rain Quotes
1. “The sun after the rain is much more beautiful than the sun before the rain.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
2. “Nana always said the rain was nature’s way of adding sparkle to the outdoors.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
You will also enjoy our article on april quotes.
3. “Thy fate is the common fate of all; Into each life some rain must fall.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
4. “Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempest.” – Epicurus
5. “I love rain. It makes me feel like it’s not just me – that other people are feeling it too.” – John Green
You will also enjoy our article on flood quotes.
6. “Life’s not about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
7. “You pray for rain, you got to deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” – Denzel Washington
8. “Some people walk in the rain; others just get wet.” – Roger Miller
9. “Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.” – John Updike
10. “Singing in the rain. I’m singing in the rain. And it’s such a glorious feeling.”― David Levithan
Wise Rain Quotes
11. “The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling.” – Lucretius
12. “Without rain, there is no life.” – Jerry Yang
You will also enjoy our article on beauty quotes.
14. “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
13. “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.” – Charlie Chaplin
You will also enjoy our article on Wednesday quotes.
15. “Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
You will also enjoy our article on green quotes.
16. “Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” – Vladimir Nabokov
You will also enjoy our article on car quotes.
17. “A single gentle rain makes the grass many shades greener.” — Henry David Thoreau
You will also enjoy our article on free spirit quotes.
18. “The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.” – Eeyore
You will also enjoy our article on cuddle quotes.
19. “Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” — Bill Watterson
You will also enjoy our article on animal quotes.
20. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Dolly Parton quotes from the iconic actress.
Rain Quotes About Happiness
21. “Don’t threaten me with love, baby. Let’s just go walking in the rain.” — Billie Holiday
You will also enjoy our article on dad quotes.
22. “I need the seasons to live to the rhythm of rain and sun.” – Sophie Marceau
You will also enjoy our article on grey quotes.
23. “Rain is the language of flowers.” – Emily Dickinson
You will also enjoy our article on air quotes.
24. “I’m singing in the rain, just singing in the rain. What a wonderful feeling, I’m happy again.” – Arthur Freed
You will also enjoy our article on safety quotes.
25. “I’ve always found the rain very calming.” – Venus Williams
26. “If the rain spoils our picnic but saves a farmer’s crop, who are we to say it shouldn’t rain?” — Tom Barrett
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of farmer quotes that will make you love the land.
27. “A rainy day is a special gift to readers.” – Amy Miles
28. “Rain showers my spirit and waters my soul.” – Emily Logan Decens
29. “Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.” – Emily Wing Smith
30. “Celebrate the rain; it only means that the sun shall shine bigger and brighter than ever.” — Unknown
Inspiring Rain Quotes
31. “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.” — Langston Hughes
32. “On a sunny clear day, you can improve your body; on a rainy fogy day, you can improve your mind!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
33. “Rain hangs about the place, like a friendly ghost. If it’s not coming down in delicate droplets, then it’s in buckets; and if neither, it tends to lurk suspiciously in the atmosphere.” — Barbara Acton- Bond
34. “Colors shone with exceptional clarity in the rain. The ground was a deep black, the pine branches a brilliant green, the people wrapped in yellow looking like special spirits that were allowed to wander over the earth on rainy mornings only.” – Haruki Murakami
35. “Only a select few can see the true beauty that lies behind what just might seem like a rainy day or a grey sky.” – Jessica M. Laar
36. “Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky.” – Arna Bontemps
37. “In London, the weather would affect me negatively. I react strongly to light. If it is cloudy and raining, there are clouds and rain in my soul.” – Jerzy Kosinski
38. “Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves. Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine.” – James Poland
39. “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
Rain Quotes About Life
40. “True, the sun and the wind inspire. But rain has an edge. Who, after all, dreams of dancing in dust? Or kissing in the bright sun?” — Cynthia Barnett
41. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
42. “And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
43. “Some people are making such thorough preparation for rainy days that they aren’t enjoying today’s sunshine.” – William Feather
44. “A rainy day is an equalizer. You don’t know what’s going to happen. You just take what you can get.” – Charlie Harvey
45. “Keep something for a rainy day.” – Traditional Proverb
46. “The rain began again. It fell heavily, easily, with no meaning or intention but the fulfillment of its own nature, which was to fall and fall.” — Helen Garner
47. “God is good for everybody. The sun shines on good people and bad people, and it rains on both, too. God doesn’t choose rain only for bad people.” – Mariano Rivera
48. “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
49. “There are many things I do for amusement, but for happiness I like to gather up my memories and go for a walk in the rain.” – Robert Brault
50. “She was passionate about the rain and I was passionate about the way she loved it. It was that way with everything. It is safe to say that if I didn’t have her, there would be no fire in me at all.” – Christopher Poindexter
Rain Quotes That Will Make Your Day
51. “The drop of rain maketh a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling.” — Hugh Latimer
52. “Poetry is just so emo.”” he said. “”Oh, the pain. The pain. It always rains. In my soul.” – John Green
53. “It didn’t rain for you, maybe, but it always rains for me. The sky shatters and rains shards of glass.” – Tablo
54. “Umbrella is comfort, rain is life! You must often leave comfort to touch the life!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
55. “The universe acknowledges the value of your tears; for when it rains, it is shedding its own.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
56. “Let’s just sit quietly and listen to the secrets the rain wants to tell us.” – John Mark Green
57. “There is a way of walking through rain without getting hit by a single drop – you just have to find what it is.” – Stewart Stafford
58. “You can’t escape the thoughts on a rainy day: In the spirit of the gloom there is a talisman that keeps people from having fun and invites them to the world of thoughts!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
59. “We have one thing in common with umbrellas: We both exist because the rain exists!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
60. “The scent of first rain; it always reminded me of that feverish first love.” – Priya Prithviraj
61. “And in this moment, like a swift intake of breath, the rain came.” – Truman Capote
62. “Rain is grace; rain is the sky condescending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.” – John Updike
63. “Rain is good for vegetables, and for the animals who eat those vegetables, and for the animals who eat those animals.” –Samuel Johnson
64. “The rain is famous for falling on the just and unjust alike, but if I had the management of such affairs I would rain softly and sweetly on the just, but if I caught a sample of the unjust out doors I would drown him.” – Mark Twain
65. “A little rain each day will fill the rivers to overflowing.” – Liberian Proverb
More Rain Quotes And Sayings
66. “For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
67. “There is nothing quite like the smell of rain on a grass field after a sunny spell.” – Fuad Alakbarov
68. “The storm starts, when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping.” – Dr. Seuss
69. “You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” – Denzel Washington
70. “As rain falls equally on the just and the unjust, do not burden your heart with judgments but rain your kindness equally on all.” – Buddha
71. “God is in the rain.” – Alan Moore
72. “Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.” – Susan Ertz
73. “One can find so many pains when the rain is falling.” – John Steinbeck
74. “Everything is more beautiful in the rain. Don’t ask me why. But it’s like this whole other realm of opportunity.” – Penelope Douglas
75. “Through all the rain and the pain, you gotta keep your sense of humor.” – Tupac Shakur
Other Rain Quotes
76. “Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.” – Hosea Ballou
77. “Into each life some rain must fall, some days must be dark and dreary.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
78. “August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.” – Sylvia Plath
79. “If it’s raining you can’t fix the roof, if it’s not raining it doesn’t need to be fixed.” – Jim Rohn
80. “I love the smell of rain, and I love the sound of the ocean waves.” – Amy Purdy
81. “A rainy day is the perfect time for a walk in the woods.” – Rachel Carson
82. “Stew’s so comforting on a rainy day.” – Dodie Smith
83. “The rain is falling all around, it falls on fields and trees. It rains on the umbrellas here, and on the ships at sea.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
84. “Nature looks more beautiful in the rain” – Melissa Harrison
85. “Do not fear the rain is only here to help you grow.” – Jennae Cecelia
Thought-Provoking Rain Quotes
85. “Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.” – Frank A. Clark
86. “There are three things you can do in a baseball game. You can win, or you can lose, or it can rain.” – Casey Stengel
87. “Tears fall in my heart like the rain on the town.” – Paul Verlaine
88. “Most of my memories are the sound of rain on caravan roofs.” – Kelly Macdonald
89. “Don’t predict the condition of the entire day by the state of the morning. You don’t judge a book by its cover. A cloudy morning is no guarantee for a rainy day!” – Israelmore Ayivor
90. “The rain will stop, the night will end, the hurt will fade. Hope is never so lost that it can’t be found.” – Ernest Hemingway
91. “Never duck responsibility, its like running from the rain only to fall into the river.” – Farrah Gray
92. “I am suddenly left alone again on the sunny path, with a memory of the rain.” – Azar Nafisi
93. “The sound of the rain needs no translation.” – Alan Watts
94. “And I don’t know why but with you I’d dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless.” – Taylor Swift
Rain Quotes That Will Make You Want To Cozy Up
94. “I’m leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it’s not raining.” – Groucho Marx
95. “My favourite day is like when it’s raining, and I can just lie on the couch.” – Lloyd Blankfein
96. “Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.” – Unknown
97. “Invariably our best nights were those when it rained.” – Henry David Thoreau
98. “Some people feel the rain — others just get wet.” – Roger Miller
99. “I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness.” – Adeline Knapp
100. “The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night And I love the rain.” – Langston Hughes
101. “Innocent droplets of rain make almost all events quite natural.” – Visar Zhiti
102. “All was silent as before — All silent save the dripping rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
103. “Kiss me with rain on your eyelashes, come on, let us sway together, under the trees, and to hell with thunder.” – Edwin Morgan
104. “The richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected; I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend.” – Douglas Couplan
105. “The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain. This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you’d just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency.” – Susan Allen Toth
Rain Quotes To Make You Feel Better
106. “Come rain or shine, I walk short distances rather than taking my car.” — Sophie Ellis Bextor
107. “As the rain soaks into the ground, so pray the Lord to let his gospel soak into your soul.” — Charles Spurgeon
108. “The sun will shine again. No matter… how painful and hard the rain may beat down on me.” — Natsuki Takaya
109. “Gazing at the rain, I consider what it means to belong, to become part of something. To have someone cry for me.” — Haruki Murakami
110. “It is best to read the weather forecast before praying for rain.” — Mark Twain
111. “After a day of rain the sun came out suddenly at five o’clock and threw a golden bar into the deep Victorian gloom of the front parlour.” — Ellen Glasgow
112. “No individual rain drop ever considers itself responsible for the flood.” — John Ruskin
113. “I hear the first drops. Like the tapping of a stranger at the door of a dream, the rain changes everything.” — Karen Hesse
114. “I believe in running through the rain and crashing into the person you love and having your lips bleed on each other.” — Billy Bob Thornton
115. “Strong winds do not last all morning, hard rains do not last all day.” — Laozi
Rain Quotes To Cheer You Up
116. “It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.” ― Dave Barry
117. “From where we stand the rain seems random. If we could stand somewhere else, we would see the order in it.” ― Tony Hillerman
118. “They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ‘Shit, it’s raining!” ― Charles Frazier
119. “Solitude is the soil in which genius is planted, creativity grows, and legends bloom; faith in oneself is the rain that cultivates a hero to endure the storm, and bare the genesis of a new world, a new forest.” ― Mike Norton
120. “All rain is, is a cloud- falling apart, and pouring its shattered pieces down on top of you. It makes me feel good to know I’m not the only thing that falls apart” ― Lone Alaskan
121. “The rain cools the air, calms the soul and replenishes life.” – Mike Dolan
122. “Rain makes me happy. It is clean and comforting. It represents new beginnings and freedom.” ― Scarlett Jensen
123. “But tomorrow may rain, so I’ll follow the sun.” – The Beatles
124. “It’s better to go out and dance in the rain than to stay inside under a leaky roof.” – Vance L. Wisen
125. “Fog is rain that whispers.” – Olivia Dresher
Beautiful Rain Quotes For When It’s Pouring
126. “I love the sound of rain pouring down.” — Thelma Louise Landrum
127. “I love rain and I love to walk in the rain.” — Klaudia Zec Djuranic
128. “Remember the rain that made your corn grow!” — Phalafala Aphane
129. “Rain is soothing…nutritious… and absolutely essential to my being.” — William R. Bailey
130. “I can bear pretty much any other weather but I find rain relentless.” — Yvonne Cullen
131. “I like to use the sound of rain as a prayer, the sound a bridge between my body and nature.” — Janell Moon
132. “Crying is as natural as rain. Rain is weather that many people don’t like because they prefer the sunshine. But rain is a beautiful part of weather.” — David J. French
133. “I used to love the sound of rain hitting the back wall of the house as I drifted off to sleep. I was always fond of oceans, fountains, and waterfalls.” — Joyce Hoffman
134. “Remember, to make rainbows you need sun and rain.” — Catherine Pulsifer
135. “The rain begins with a single drop.” — Manal al-Sharif
Beautiful Rain Quotes To Enjoy the Weather
136. “Even rain and wind and stormy clouds bring joy, just as knowing animals and flowers and where they live.” ― Sigurd F. Olson
137. “I never played inside as a kid – even in the rain I’d go out.” ― Anthony Doerr
138. “She’ll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain.” ― Ricky Martin
139. “It didn’t rain today, so I didn’t have to work. Why don’t you have to sit around and wait until it rains?” ― Linda Fiorentino
140. “The rain is sharp today, as you shock me sane.” ― Tori Amos
141. “I’m never gonna stop the rain by complaining, because I’m free, nothing’s worrying me.” ― B. J. Thomas
142. “Who needs the sun, when the rain is so full of life?” ― Madonna Ciccone
143. “If only the weather would improve, there’d be hope of some work, but every day brings rain.” ― Claude Monet
144. “The advantage of the rain is that, if you have a quick bike, there’s no advantage.” ― Barry Sheene
145. “It’s great that it’s raining. But people should not assume that a little bit of rain is going to solve our problem.” ― Peter Gleick
Rain Quotes To Enliven Your Spirit
146. “After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.” — Walt Disney
147. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” — Dolly Parton
148. “Everybody wants happiness, and nobody wants pain, but you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain.” — Zion Lee
149. “Those who hate rain hate life.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
150. “Nothing reminds us of an awakening more than rain.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
151. “After the rain cometh the fair weather.” — Aesop
152. “Rain refreshes anything with a magical touch, but if someone is afraid while waiting it to stop, he gets wet soon by touching the rain.” ― Srinivas Mishra
153. “Let your pain teach you,how to dance in the rain.” ― Thandazo Perfect Khumalo
154. “When the rain comes expect a blessing to follow!” ― Positively Sherry
155. “The philosophy of the rain is very simple: No obstacle is obstacle when you are strongly determined!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
Rain Quotes Describing Its Importance
156. “The summer sun was not meant for boys like me. Boys like me belonged to the rain.” ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz
157. “If eyes are windows to the soul, then tears are heavens rain.” ― Anthony Liccione
158. “Silence gradually spread its great, fragile butterfly wings across the ward. The sun had disappeared, replaced by grey and rain. This particular month of July was reading the script for March.” ― Martin Page
159. “Rain makes the night — and us — smaller, softer, more forthright.” ― Rob Kalin
160. “Stars are only the rain of the Absolute.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
161. “Back then, Billy imagined that drops of rain were unanswered prayers falling back to earth.” ― Jim Carroll
162. “Once the rain starts falling it’s hard to tell it to stop…” ― Samantha Young
163. “…with you, I find peace from pain – You are gentle and healing like the landscape—like rain…” ― John Geddes
164. “…I prefer rain -sometimes I feel sunlight will turn me to stone – perhaps I’m a Troll…” ― John Geddes
165. “The fig tree had dropped its fruit all over the ground. Ripe figs lay in the dust, exploded, bloody, as if the sky had rained organs.” ― Rupert Thomson
Rain Quotes About The Beauty It Comes With
166. “The sound of thunder, the smell of rain. The earth giving birth to another season. Nature’s labor pains…beautiful.” ― Carol Morgan
167. “As ofttimes as it rains on my little spot of earth, you’d think I’d grow accustomed to the gloom.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
168. “Every time it rains, the soil counts every drop to know exactly how many times to thank to God!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
169. “…I looked in the window, wanting to stay – it rained, yet I remained…because you were so lovely…” ― John Geddes
170. “I had gotten so used to the taste of rain that I forgot what the sun tasted like. Bittersweet.” ― Ana Patrick
171. “He then departed, to make himself still more interesting, in the midst of an heavy rain.” ― Jane Austen
172. “Never question the clouds, they’re only bringing the life-giving rain.” ― Amber Schamel
173. “And sometimes you realize the value of the rain by knowing how unreliable and vanishing the rainbow is.” ― Nur Bedeir
174. “We hovered above the moment like two rain clouds.” ― Tiffanie DeBartolo
175. “I like the rain; it brings your fragrance everywhere and the nature smells your aroma.” ― M.F. Moonzajer
Rain Quotes For Instagram
176. “I am like the rain: I go where I’m needed.” ― Alejandro Jodorowsky
177. “Potential is like a summer crop. If it don’t rain, it don’t grow.” ― Charles Oakley
178. “Here comes the rain again. Falling on my head like a memory.” ― The Eurythmics, Here Comes the Rain Again
179. “Rain harvesting should be made mandatory and should be made more systematic to ensure that every drop of rain is preserved.” ― M. S. Swaminathan
180. “I love the rain. It’s my favorite weather.” ― Kristen Wiig
181. “It’s the rain that fills the rivers, not the dew.” ― Sri Lankan Proverb
182. “No person has the right to rain on your dreams.” ― Marian Wright Edelman
183. “A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning.” ― James Dickey
184. “Soul mate and rain are perfect combination.” ― Amrapali Gupta
185. “Enjoy the darkness, gloom, wetness on a rainy day because somehow soon the sun will come out!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
Did You Enjoy These Rain Quotes?
We often take rain for granted.
It is easy to forget that rain is the very blood of life.
It feeds the plants that give us air and food, washes away the dirt in our streets, and keeps us clean and healthy.
Good rainfall is also an opportunity to stay connected with nature.
Next time it rains near you, take time to enjoy it.
If you’re able, take a walk in the rain.
Or else, open a couple of windows and let your home be filled with the freshness the rain brings.
Pour yourself a hot beverage and cuddle up in a cozy blanket as you listen to the silvery drops fall on your roof.
Allow your body to relax and remember that rain symbolizes a fresh start.
Let the rain inspire you to make the changes you’ve been wanting to make.
Let the rain wash away any fear or anxiety you’ve been feeling.
And let the rain put your mind at ease.
Which of these rain quotes and sayings was your favorite?
Do you have another rain quote you would like to share?
Let us know in the comment section below!