These Training Day quotes will give you an inside glimpse of the corrupt world of the L.A. Police, as told by film director, Antoine Fuqua.
The film follows a rookie cop, Jake Hoyt, played by Ethan Hawke, who is assigned to learn from the experienced narcotics officer, Alonzo, played by Denzel Washington.
As it turns out, Alonzo isn’t as vetted as he seems. In fact, he is possibly the slimiest cop of them all. Alonzo tries to teach Hoyt that in order to win the game, you have to play the same rules as the streets.
Washington and Hawke give powerful performances in this 2001 cop drama and thus cement the film as a classic thriller.
Best Training Day quotes from Alonzo (Denzel Washington)
1. “The shit’s chess, it ain’t checkers!” — Alonzo
2. “To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.” — Alonzo
3. “It’s not what you know; it’s what you can prove.” — Alonzo
4. “You wanna go to jail or you wanna go home?” — Alonzo
5. “[singing] Oh where, oh where has my little Jake gone? Oh where, oh where can he be?” — Alonzo
6. “King Kong ain’t got shit on me!” — Alonzo
7. “You can shoot me, but you can’t kill me.” — Alonzo
8. “Boom!” — Alonzo
9. “What A Day.” — Alonzo
10. “You Don’t Deserve This.” — Jake
Funny Training Day quotes
11. “Fuck him and everybody who looks like him.” — Alonzo
12. “You know I’m surgical with this bitch Jake!” — Alonzo
13. “Shit gets deeper… You get the picture?” — Alonzo
14. “You motherfuckers will be playin’ basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you!” — Alonzo
15. ” I’m putting cases on all of you bitches!” — Alonzo
16. “Three of a kind beats two pair, you fucking dumb truck.” — Alonzo
17. “Alonzo, he’s a hothead. Last week in Vegas some Russian starts talking shit and Alonzo he just snapped. Beat his ass to death. Turns out that Russian is a somebody and now Alonzo, he’s into the Russians for a million.” — Alonzo
18. “Hey pig, you ever had your shit pushed in? Your shit pushed in. Simple question.” — Moreno
19. Hoyt: “This car is NOT from the motor pool.”
Alonzo Harris: “No it’s not. Sexy though, isn’t it?”
20. Alonzo Harris: “But I don’t believe you. You tapped that ass didn’t you. You did! You put her in the back seat- BAM- Code X!”
Hoyt: “Nah man, I got a wife.”
Alonzo Harris: “You got a dick. You do have a dick, don’t you? OK, the dick lines up straight like that right? To the right of it and to the left of it are pockets, right? In those pockets are money. Look in either one of ’em – pay the bill.”
Classic Training Day quotes
21. “Lieutenant’s got our back. We know a week before we piss.” — Alonzo
22. “Nobody told you to smoke that thing. You made the decision. Live with your decision. Ain’t like I put a gun to your head.” — Alonzo
23. “Sometimes you gotta have a little dirt on you for anybody to trust you.” — Alonzo
24. “You’ve Gotta Hide That Love Deep Inside, You Understand?” — Alonzo
25. “Life’s A Trip, Qué No?” — Smiley
More Training Day quotes
26. “You’re In The Office, Baby.” — Alonzo
27. “It’s No Fun When The Rabbit Has The Gun, Is It?” — Jake
28. “Nothing’s Free In This World, Jake. Not Even Arrest Warrants.” — Alonzo
29. “They Build Jails ‘Cause Of Me.” — Alonzo
30. “Motha f*cker. You shot me in the ass.” — Alonzo
Which Iconic Training Day quote was your favorite?
Officer Hoyt dreams of earning a promotion so he can give his family a better life. Alonzo is the man who can get him there. But after just one day of training, Hoyt has experienced more than he bargained for.
Alonzo is the definition of a dirty cop. In just one day, Hoyt witnesses Alonzo abusing his power in every way. Hoyt is forced to do drugs, watches Alonzo beat up criminals rather than arresting them, and is ordered to kill a man or be framed for his murder.
Alonzo is a psychopath and Washington does a stellar job portraying this on screen. In fact, he won the Academy Award for Best Actor for the role. The film was a critical and commercial success and is now a modern classic.
Did you enjoy these Training Day quotes and lines? Let us know your favorite quote in the comments below.
July 9, 2021 7:00 AM EST