These drama quotes will help you deal with jealous people, gossip, arguments, critics and toxic people.
You’ve probably encountered a fair share of drama in your life. Quite often, we encounter people who try to pull some sort of power play on us.
Whatever the case, you probably want to minimize drama in your life. It’s pointless, frustrating, and depleting.
There are a number of ways to deal with drama and toxic people. You can avoid drama by paying little or no attention to negative people, spending your time with loyal and trustworthy people, and focusing on solutions, not problems.
If you suspect that someone is trying to deceive and toy with your emotions, then it’s best to avoid such people. Besides, be careful not to over-commit yourself and avoid giving unsolicited advice.
Life will always have drama. However, you don’t have to let it get to you.
To help you survive in a drama-laden world, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking drama quotes, drama sayings, and drama proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Drama Quotes For When Pettiness Is Getting The Best of You
1. “I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.” ― Gayle Forman
2. “All the world’s a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.” – Sean O’Casey
3. “Don’t waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.” – Mandy Hale
4. “If your blade were as sharp as your tongue, you’d have sliced my through years ago.” ― Erica Goros
5. “I learned to keep my eyes open and my mouth shut.” ― Gary Heiden
6. “If only people put as much energy into helping people as they do into creating drama.” ― Akiroq Brost
7. “Dear me, whatever shall we do with mother?” ― James Goldman
8. “Don’t hate the game, hate the player… the player should have known better than to play the game in the first place.” ― Nyki Mack
9. “Save the drama for the queens. Stand alone be a wolf, a rebel, a warrior, a savage, a badass. Be anything but a damn drama queen!” ― Melody Lee
10. “Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” ― Sean Covey
Drama quotes to help you deal with toxic people
11. “Every true genius is bound to be naive.” ― Friedrich Schiller
12. “When it’s sunny, why not spend some time dressing up and go out to have a walk!” ― Tachibana Higuchi
13. “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” ― Erich Segal
14. “The whole world can become the enemy when you lose what you love.” ― Kristina McMorris
15. “Real life is messy, and drama is a shaped version of real life.” – Simon Beaufoy
16. “It took me years to figure out that upset was upset, and tumultuousness was not the same thing as passion. Love isn’t drama.” ― Deb Caletti
17. “I saw myself driving through eternity in a timeless taxi.” ― K. Mansfield
18. “When you don’t know where you’re going, you drive on the highway.” ― Roger Hedden
19. “If there’s not drama and negativity in my life, all my songs will be really wack and boring or something.” – Eminem
20. “I will break your heart over a fucking library card.” ― Patrick Rothfuss
Also read these enlightening gossip quotes that will help you eliminate rumors from your life at work, at school, or among friends.
Drama quotes to help you live a happy life
21. “My life is full of drama, and I don’t have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like.” – Adele
22. “You are enough to drive a saint to madness or a king to his knees.” ― Grace Willows
23. “Anger precedes hate, while love vicariously hangs in the balance.” ― Lorraine Gokul
24. “Every one of us is a minor tragedy. Most of us learn to cope.” ― Elizabeth Bear
25. “Never annoy an inspirational author or you will become the poison in her pen and the villain in every one of her books.” ― Shannon L. Alder
26. “I had liked him for all the wrong reasons.” ― Wendelin Van Draanen
27. “She was a ray of sunshine, a warm summer rain, a bright fire on a cold winter’s day, and now she could be dead because she had tried to save the man she loved.” ― Grace Willows
28. “There is a voice in my head that is only silenced by the scratching of my pen” ― Jessica-Lynn Barbour
29. “There ought to be a law that allows eavesdroppers to sue.” ― Gill McKnight
30. “Just because some people are fueled by drama doesn’t mean you have to attend the performance.” ― Cheryl Richardson
Drama quotes to inspire and teach
31. “No I’m not a dream, I’m your worst nightmare” ― C.T. Todd
32. “I am not interested in living in a city where there isn’t a production by Samuel Beckett running.” ― Edward Albee
33. “What if two people want to be your partner, then what?” ― Emily Giffin
34. “Those who truly know, know those who don’t, will learn if they ask” ― Rose Blue
35. “If you’re going to give me something, give me something I’ll miss.” ― Darlene Susan Girard
36. “Don’t feed the drama monster. It’s insatiable and has no friends.” ― Donna Goddard
37. “If you live a long life and get to the end of it without ever once having felt crushingly depressed, then you probably haven’t been paying attention.” ― Duncan MacMillan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of powerful depression quotes that will provide perspective.
38. “To be able to say “I love you”, one has to be able to say “I” ― Ayn Rand
39. “No more games, no more drama. When you wanna be real gimme a hello.” ― Nitya Prakash
40. “I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me.” ― Humphrey Bogart
You might also like these rumor quotes and sayings about gossip and drama.
Other inspirational drama quotes
41. “Pay attention… When a person is gossiping, you are learning more about them and their character than anything they are gossiping about.” ― Steve Maraboli
42. “I only have time for you, not your drama” ― Ibrahim Hanif
43. “Taking on too much of other people’s drama is just a poor excuse for not taking ownership and control over your own life.” ― José N. Harris
44. “Every thing’s for sale out here. Anything you want. About the only thing you can’t buy is my dignity and self-respect, cause those were the first to go. And I gave them away for free.” ― Darlene Susan Girard
45. “Maybe the consequences of someone’s unreason can be remedied only with new unreason?” ― Igor Eliseev
46. “When you surround yourself with dramatic people, your life will be driven by drama instead of destiny.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
47. “It always turns out this way: at first people idolize you, swear to be your faithful friend forever and then spit in your tea and in your soul, too.” ― Igor Eliseev
48. “People love scandal; people love drama. They love stripping away the layers to see what’s really in there, and they’ll do anything – as well as make it up – to get it.” – Julia Roberts
49. “You don’t need everyone to like you, just the right one(s)!” ― LaTonya “Tee” Johnson
50. “How perfectly evil spirit and beauty can combine in one person, harmonically supplementing each other.” ― Igor Eliseev
Did you enjoy these drama quotes?
While many of us hate pointless drama, for some people creating or engaging in it is energizing.
But although life will always have drama, you don’t have to let it get to you. Let the quotes above help you minimize drama in your life.
Did you enjoy these drama quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
May 5, 2019 8:00 AM EST