Channel your inner hero with our Superman quotes.
Clark Kent is one of the quintessential heroes of our age, and we have the Superman quotes to prove it.
Check out our quotes below and learn why the world loves the Man of Steel.
You will also enjoy our articles on:
Who is Superman?
Clark Joseph Kent, better known to the world as Superman, is a superhero from the DC Comics universe.
Jerry Siegal and Joe Shuster initially created him.
Check out these cool facts about Superman below:
- Superman’s original name is Kal-El.
- Superman is an extraterrestrial from the planet Krypton.
- Superman is vulnerable to Kryptonite and other powerful beings.
When his homeworld was destroyed, his parents sent him to Earth so he could avoid conflict and live a safe life.
On Earth, Clark develops superhuman abilities and grows up to become one of the world’s most powerful superheroes.
What are Superman’s powers?
Superman is from an alien planet where the environmental conditions are different from Earth.
His people are naturally more durable and stronger than earthlings.
What we perceive to be super abilities are commonplace in his world.
Superman has a variety of abilities, including enhanced physical strength, speed, and agility.
He can fly, shoot powerful laser beams from his eyes, blow arctic-like wind from his lungs, has x-ray vision, and super hearing.
Superman also has some strange powers that often go unnoticed.
Superman is capable of something called the Super Flare, where he self-combusts and lets out the equal amount of force of a nuclear bomb.
It only takes him twenty-four hours to recover from this move.
Even more obscure are his abilities to create a miniature version of himself out of his hand to aid him in battle.
The Man of Steel has also demonstrated telepathy, telekinesis, and even amnesia-inducing kisses.
Is Superman a hero or a villain?
Comic books have many alternate universes.
In some universes, a character may be a hero and a villain in others.
It is safe to say that, for the most part, Clark Kent lives to be the hero Superman and fight for justice.
However, as an old quote from Batman suggests, “You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain.”
Superman gets fed up with the world in the Injustice series by DC Comics.
The Joker murders his wife, Lois Lane, causing Superman to give up on democracy or diplomacy.
He becomes a tyrant who destroys anyone who challenges his way of justice.
So, sometimes, even Superman plays the role of the villain.
To learn more, check out our amazing Superman quotes below.
Short Superman quotes about what drives his fight for justice
Superman uses his ability to fight for justice and protect the defenseless.
1. “Why am I so different from them?” — Superman
2. “I’m here to fight for truth and justice.” — Superman
3. “It’s not an S, on my world, it means hope.” — Superman
4. “Krypton bred me, but it was Earth that gave me all I am.” — Superman
5. “Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith first; the trust part comes later.” — Superman
The best Superman quotes by Lois Lane about what its like to be with a god
Lois is the love of Superman’s life, but being with a super person is not always easy.
6. “Can you read my mind?” — Lois Lane
7. “Do you know what it is that you do to me?” — Lois Lane
8. “I don’t know who you are. Just a friend from another star.” — Lois Lane
9. “Here I am, like a kid out of school. Holding hands with a god.” — Lois Lane
10. “If you need to be loved, here I am. Read my mind.” — Lois Lane
The top Superman quotes from his father, Jor-El
Jor-El is Superman’s biological father from Krypton, and here are some of his most memorable quotes.
11. “The only way to know how strong you are is to keep testing your limits.” — Jor-El
12. “You will be different, sometimes you’ll feel like an outcast, but you’ll never be alone.” — Jor-El
13. “What if a child dreams of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspires to something greater.” — Jor-El
14. “They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be; they only lack the light to show the way. For this reason, above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you, my only son.” — Jor-El
15. “You will give people an ideal to strive towards, they will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall, but in time they will join you, in time you will help them accomplish wonders.” — Jor-El
Famous Superman quotes that define his character
Superman’s character is based on integrity, and he does his best to stick to it no matter what.
16. “You are much stronger than you think you are.” — Superman
17. “There is a right and a wrong in the universe.” — Superman
18. “Taking lives is something I definitely find offensive!” — Superman
19. “It doesn’t take x-ray vision to see you are up to no good.” — Superman
20. “You can’t throw morality in the garbage just because life’s tough.” — Superman
Superman quotes and sayings about dreams and saving the world
Superman learned the hard way that he could not save the world all alone.
21. “Dreams save us.” — Superman
22. “I once thought I could protect the world by myself. But I was wrong.” — Superman
23. “I believe in second chances, I believe in redemption, but, mostly, I believe in my friends.” — Superman
24. “I believe that if we stay together, as a team, we would be a force that could truly work for the ideals of peace and justice.” — Superman
25. “I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something to break someone, never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment or someone could die.” — Superman
Why is Superman the All-American hero?
Superman represents more than just the idea of fighting for those who cannot defend themselves.
Clark Kent is a family man with a job and responsibilities.
He grew up with values that encouraged family love and support.
As Superman, Clark takes on even more responsibility as a protector and provider for the entire planet.
Superman is an allegory for many things, particularly an idealized version of the American culture.
Quite literally, the ideas of truth, justice, and the American way remain essential pieces of the Superman mythos.
The Man of Steel is a patriot despite his county’s flaws.
Unlike other people in positions of power, Superman does not force his country’s values on other people.
He is admired because he respects the world and is an example to follow.
This can be observed in some of his adventures, such as when he took on the Klan and dismantled the KKK.
Do you have a favorite Superman quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments section below.