To help us appreciate, love and show more respect for our parents, below are some inspirational parents quotes? Enjoy!
1. We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves. – Henry Ward Beecher
2. Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence. – Plato
3. When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth. – Mitch Albom
4. A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided. – Robert Brault
5. Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark to have been loved so deeply .. will give us some protection forever. – J.K. Rowling
6. The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day. – O. A. Battista
7. “Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.” ― Oscar Wilde
8. There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one. – SUE ATKINS
9. “First your parents, they give you your life, but then they try to give you their life.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
10. “There’s nothing like your mother’s sympathetic voice to make you want to burst into tears.” ― Sophie Kinsella
If it wasn’t for our parents, none of us would be where we are today. Although we may not always see eye-to-eye, the love and wisdom they instill upon us is something that can never be forgotten—and these parent quotes will serve as your reminder of it.
The importance of parents can be seen in the way they support our lives.
Parents are the only ones who show unconditional love.
Parents play the biggest role in our development.
Whether it’s in our mental, physical, social, financial, or career development, parents help us in every step of our life.
When we’re young, parents prepare us for the future.
They work hard to prepare us for future challenges.
When we make mistakes, they’re our teachers.
Parents live for us. They’re happy when we are happy.
And if you’re living with adoptive parents, don’t forget to share with them our list of adoption quotes to appreciate them.
Loving Parents Quotes and Sayings About Family and Support
Don’t forget to also read these father and son quotes celebrating an unbreakable bond.
Parents quotes to appreciate them more
11. Parents are the bones on which children cut their teeth. – Peter Ustinov
12. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
13. “To understand your parents’ love you must raise children yourself.” – Chinese Proverb
14. “Parents aren’t the people you come from. They’re the people you want to be, when you grow up.” ― Jodi Picoult
15. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” – Matthew Jacobson
16. “A good father is a source of inspiration and self-restraint. A good mother is the root of kindness and humbleness.”– Dr T.P.Chia
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.
17. “It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.”― Maya Angelou
18. “Parenthood…It’s about guiding the next generation, and forgiving the last.” ― Peter Krause
19. “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.” – Kobe Bryant
20. “So much is asked of parents, and so little is given.” ― Virginia Satir
Importance of parents quotes
21. “Parenting is a life time job and does not stop when a child grows up.” – Jake Slope
22. “Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
23. “The thing about parenting rules is there aren’t any. That’s what makes it so difficult.” —Ewan McGregor
24. “Everyone else we knew growing up is the same: image of their parents, no matter how loud they told themselves they’d be different” ― Tana French
25. “Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old.” – Unknown
26. “Step parents are not around to replace a biological parent, rather augment a child’s life experience.” – Azriel Johnson
27. “It’s not always easy being her daughter.’
I think,’ she said, ‘sometimes it’s hard no matter whose daughter you are.” ― Sarah Dessen
28. “I got a lot of support from my parents. That’s the one thing I always appreciated. They didn’t tell me I was being stupid; they told me I was being funny.” – Jim Carrey
29. “The reasonableness of the command to obey parents is clear to children, even when quite young.” ― Noah Webster
30. “No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.”– Brad Meltzer
You might also like these co-parenting quotes to inspire separated parents.
Parents quotes to respect them more
31. A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone. – Billy Graham
32. “My biggest parenting conundrum: why is it so hard to put someone who is already sleepy to sleep.” – Chrissy Teigen
33. “You cannot let your parents anywhere near your real humiliations.” ― Alice Munro
34. “That’s what children are for—that their parents may not be bored.” ― Ivan Turgenev
35. “The thing about lying to your parents is, you have to do it to protect them.
It’s for their own good.” ― Sophie Kinsella
36. “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
37. “It’s a sad moment, really, when parents first become a bit frightened of their children.” – Ama Ata Aidoo
38. “Our parents prayer is the most beautiful poetry and expectations.”– Aditia Rinaldi
39. “We don’t always do the things our parents want us to do, but it is their mistake if they can’t find a way to love us anyway.” ― J. Courtney Sullivan
40. In the happiest of our childhood memories, our parents were happy, too.– Robert Brault
Don’t forget to also check out these step dad quotes that will make you appreciate your blended family.
Parents quotes to inspire you
41. They’ve got great parents; I’m just trying to be the fun uncle. – Sarah Silverman
42. “When you lose your parents, the sadness doesn’t go away. It just changes. It hits you sideways sometimes instead of head-on. Like now.” ― Jude Watson
43. “Have you ever noticed how parents can go from the most wonderful people in the world to totally embarrassing in three seconds?” ― Rick Riordan
44. “Parents had some kind of sin radar, Claire thought. They always called when you were in the middle of something you just knew they’d consider wrong. Or at least risky.”― Rachel Caine
45. “The Golden Rule of Parenting is do unto your children as you wish your parents had done unto you!” — Louise Hart
46. “They’re your parents. They’re meant to love you because. Never in spite.” ― Patrick Ness
47. “There is nothing worse than a thirteen-year-old boy. You’re embarrassed by your parents, and you’re trying to find your independence because, deep inside, you are so dependent on your mom.” » Ben Affleck
48. “Parents aren’t the people you come from. They’re the people you want to be, when you grow up.”– Jodie Picoult
49. “Parents. Honestly. Sometimes they really do think the world revolves around them.” ― Randa Abdel-Fattah
50. “Parents have to instill the right principles in their children, but then it’s up to the children to live up to those principles.” ― Mary Lydon Simonsen
Also read these blended family quotes and sayings to share with your loved ones.
Loving parents quotes that will make you smile
51. “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.” – Ann Brashares
52. “It’s especially hard to admit that you made a mistake to your parents, because, of course, you know so much more than they do.” ― Sean Covey
53. “My mum and dad had worked incredibly hard to afford me an education.” ― Benedict Cumberbatch
54. “My parents were supportive of my creativity but did not have a lot of patience for whimsy with zero production value. They had stuff to do.” ― Mindy Kaling
55. “Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents.” – Abraham Lincoln
56. “The most important thing that parents can teach their children is how to get along without them.” – Frank A. Clark
57. “A mother understands what a child does not say.” – Jewish Proverb
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mother and son quotes that put words to this unbreakable bond.
58. “Being a father is the single greatest feeling on Earth. Not including those wonderful years I spent without a child, of course.” – Ryan Reynolds
59. “One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.” – Jim DeMint
60. “My heroes are and were my parents. I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes.” – Michael Jordan
Don’t forget to also read these loving grandkids quotes that spark joy.
Inspirational parents quotes
61. “Good parents hardly parent. They let their kids learn, fail and grow without interference.”― Trevor Carss
62. “If your parents bring you no shame, be very grateful. If you’re proud of them, celebrate.”― Dennis Prager
63. “Parents are living gods. They do everything to make their children happy and expect nothing in return.”― Saravana Kumar Murugan
64. “Do your best for your parents. If you don’t, one day you will regret it.”― Debasish Mridha
65. “My parents didn’t raise me to order something expensive when someone else is paying.”― Nitya Prakash
66. “Compassion for our parents is the true sign of maturity.”― Anaïs Nin
67. “The greatest gift a parent can give a child is self-confidence.”― Stewart Stafford
68. “My parents loved us but I wasn’t always sure they liked us.”― Tahereh Maf
69. “She was our mother and belonged to us. She was never mentioned to anyone because we simply didn’t have enough of her to share.”― Maya Angelou
70. “Children harbor a great many doubts and sorrows that could be eased by a loving hug from a parent.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
71. “My parents have lived longer than most and have expected very little. We have been blessed in too many ways to count.”― Ralph Webster
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blessed quotes to help you idenity the blessings in your life.
72. “If we are wonderful parents and family members, then there’s really nothing else to prove.”― Ron Baratono
73. “Any parents are as ordinary human beings as others, making them angels or even more is up to their next generation.”― Sandeep Sahajpal
74. “Some of us can live without a society but not without a family.”― Amit Kalantri
75. “The affection of parents makes infants feel safe in this dangerous world, and gives them boldness in experimentation and in exploration of their environments.”― Bertrand Russell
You might also like these bouncing baby boy quotes for expecting moms and dads.
Parents quotes to make you appreciate them
76. “Don’t anger your parents in order to please other people. Those other people did not spend their lives building yours.” – Anonymous
77. “The child supplies the power, but the parents have to do the steering.” – Benjamin Spock
78. “Don’t use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you to speak.” – Ali Ibn Abi Talib
79. “Honor your parents and your sons will honor you.” – Anonymous
80. “Appreciate your parents. You never know what sacrifices they went through for you.” – Anonymous
81. “My father, he was like the rock, the guy you went to with every problem.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
82. “Next to God, thy parents.” – William Penn
83. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
84. “Love your parents and treat them with loving care. For you will only know their value when you see their empty chair.” – Anonymous
85. “Fathers provide not only support but also encouragement.” – Catherine Pulsifer
86. “Parents. They didn’t leave you when you were young. So don’t leave them when they are old.” – Anonymous
Parents quotes to brighten your day
87. “The most important influence in my childhood was my father.” –DeForest Kelley
88. “Nobody on earth can ever love you more than your parents.” – Anonymous
89. “No matter your age, you will always need your mom.” – Unknown
90. “The trouble with being a parent is that by the time you are experienced, you are unemployed.” – Unknown
91. “I’m a strong woman because a strong woman raised me.” – Unknown
92. “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budinton Kelland
93. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.”― Prevost Abbe
94. “A mother and daughter’s love is never separated.” – Viola Shipman
95. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Father’s Day quotes, celebrating dads all around the world.
Parents quotes that will put a smile on your face
96. “Every generation just wants their kids to have a better ‘Spiderman’ reboot than they did.” – Conan O’Brien
97. “I take my children everywhere, but they always find their way back home.” – Robert Orben
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of home quotes about the power of having a roof over your head.
98. “Having an infant son alerts me to the fact that every man, at one point, has peed on his own face.” – Olivia Wilde
99. “Believe me, my children have more stamina than a power station.” – Robbie Coltrane
100. “Ah, babies! They’re more than just adorable little creatures on whom you can blame your farts.” – Tina Fey
101. “Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.” – Robert Fulghum
102. “You see much more of your children once they leave home.” – Lucille Ball
103. “There is nothing more precious to a parent than a child, and nothing more important to our future than the safety of all our children.” – Bill Clinton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of safety quotes about the power of paying attention.
104. “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.” – Henry Ward Beecher
105. “A perfect parent is a person with excellent child-rearing theories and no actual children.” – Dave Barry
Parents quotes that will warm your heart
106. “It just occurred to me that the majority of my diet is made up of the foods that my kid didn’t finish…” – Carrie Underwood
107. “The relation between parents and children is essentially based on teaching.” – Gilbert Highet
108. “‘I don’t think so Mommy!’ is what my child said after, ‘Can you please pick up the popcorn you threw all over?’” – Anna Faris
109. “Parenting is not for everybody. It changes your life. Especially when they’re little.” – Tori Amos
110. “You’re just like a human napkin for kids, like, they just wipe their face on you and stuff.” – Tina Fey
111. “The most rewarding aspect of parenting is seeing my children be authentic. The most rewarding thing for me is to see them do anything that they’re proud of.” – Jamie Lee Curtis
112. “Where parents do too much for their children, the children will not do much for themselves.” – Elbert Hubbard
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of children quotes that will fill your heart with love and laughter.
113. “Respect the child. Be not too much his parent. Trespass not on his solitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
114. “You will always be your child’s favorite toy.” – Vicki Lansky
115. “Fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man.” – Frank Pittman
Parents quotes that will make your day
116. “A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.” – Japanese Proverb
117. “Parents are without a doubt, one of the most, if not the most influential role models that their kids will probably have under normal circumstances.” – Joseph R. Parker
118. “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” – Helen Rice
119. “Parents are not perfect, nor are they saints. Dads and moms make mistakes all the time. How you handle these situations will be an important life lesson for your children.” – Bethany Bridges
120. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” — Barbara Kingsolver
121. “It is the sunlight of parental love and encouragement that enables a child to grow in competence and slowly gain mastery over his environment.” – Felicity Bauer
122. “I love my parents no matter what we go through, no matter how much we argue, b’coz I know, at the end, they’ll always be there.” – Unknown
123. “As your kids grow they may forget what you said, but won’t forget how you made them feel.” – Kevin Heath
124. “The daily choices we make as parents to filter what enters our children’s impressionable hearts and minds will go a long way in determining who our children become.” – Mark J. Musser
125. “Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving.” – Dr. T.P.Chia
Parents quotes that will make your day better
126. “While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.” – Angela Schwindt
127. “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.” – Mahatma Gandhi
128. “Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, movement and action has an effect. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than the parent.” – Bob Keeshan
129. “With every word we utter, with every action we take, we know our kids are watching us.” – Michelle Obama
130. “But now, being a parent, I go home and see my son and I forget about any mistake I ever made or the reason I’m upset. I get home and my son is smiling or he comes running to me. It has just made me grow as an individual and grow as a man.” – LeBron James
131. “Of course, parents are the most important people in a child’s life.” – Hillary Clinton
132. “The joys of parents are secret, and so are their grieves and fears: they cannot utter the one, nor will they utter the other.” – Francis Bacon
133. “When you become a parent, you look at your parents differently. You look at being a child differently. It’s an awakening, a revelation that you have.” – Philip Seymour Hoffman
134. “At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents.” – Jane D. Hull
135. “I learned from my parents the idea that, if you are devoted enough and you want to study something enough, you can really teach yourself anything.” – Brit Marling
Parents quotes to uplift your mood
136. “One of the greatest titles in the world is a parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.” – Jim DeMint
137. “If you’ve never been hated by your child, you’ve never been a parent.” – Bette Davis
138. “Children learn to smile from their parents.” — Shinichi Suzuki
139. “The voice of parents is the voice of gods, for to their children they are heaven’s lieutenants.” – William Shakespeare
140. “The most beautiful thing in the world is to see your parents happy and knowing that you are the reason behind their happiness.” — Unknown
141. “If your parents are alive, be grateful at the opportunity to earn Jannah by serving them.” – Nouman Ali Khan
142. “Parents are teachers, guides, leaders, protectors and providers for their children.” – Iyanla Vanzant
143. “The reason we love our parents is because they loved us first. Every single company should take this advice.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
144. “Parents lend children their experience and a vicarious memory; children endow their parents with a vicarious immortality.” – George Santayana
145. “The best part about being friends with your parents is that no matter what you do, they have to keep loving you.” – Natalie Portman
Unforgettable parents quotes
146. “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” – Charles R. Swindoll
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of memory quotes that will help remind you how far you’ve come and motivate you to keep moving forward.
147. “The child supplies the power but the parents have to do the steering.” – Benjamin Spock
148. Parents, keep your children closer when they are young because they will keep you closer when you’re old.” – Unknown
149. “Whatever the parents are doing, the kids will follow suit.” – Bob Harper
150. “Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby- awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess.” ― Lemony Snicket
151. “Being a parent is the greatest trust that has been given to human beings.” – David O. McKay
152. “As you get older you have more respect and empathy for your parents. Now I have a great relationship with both of them.” — Hugh Jackman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of getting older quotes that will make you embrace the beauty in aging.
153. “Now that I’m a parent, I understand why my father was in a bad mood a lot.” – Adam Sandler
154. “Parents don’t make mistakes because they don’t care, but because they care so deeply.” – T. Berry Brazelton
155. “Becoming a parent erased many of my negative childhood feelings and filled them in with something new.” – Mariska Hargitay
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Childhood quotes to connect with your inner child.
Parents quotes to live by
156. “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventures, story-tellers, and singers of songs.”― Pam Brown
157. “A mother should never stop praying for her children.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
158. “I know my parents care and love me, but they never show it the way that they do for my brother.”― Tashie Bhuiyan
159. “Much of what we learn about eating comes from the way our parents feed us.”― Bee Wilson
160. “Parents, deliberately or unaware, teach their children from birth how to behave, drink, feel and perceive. Liberation from these influences is no easy matter.”― Eric Berne
161. “More than children can know what’s good for their parents, the parents know what’s good for their children.”― VKBoy
162. “Sometimes just look at your parents as normal human beings not as your parents.”― Aashu Kandoi
163. “It’s difficult seeing parents for who they are rather than who we want them to be.”― Amy Meyerson
164. “Biology does not make a man a father–nor a woman a mother. We are what we do.”― Andrew Vachss
165. “We grow up expecting our parents to live forever until, one day, they’re suddenly gone.”
― Riley Sager
More parents quotes and sayings
166. “Parents are like consumer brands in that, as kids, we remember only two or three key things about them, missing the nuance you only appreciate as you get older and realize people are complicated.”― Scott Galloway
167. “A mother will birth her baby once, but she will spend a lifetime birthing a person.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
168. “Parents are defined by their mistakes.”― Fredrik Backman
169. “When you realize your parents are human, that’s when you lose your innocence.”― Lidia Longorio
170. “Did you have parents or just some people who thought they should own somebody?”
― Catherine Lacey
171. “Love, respect and appreciate your parents as it is the one gift they truly cherish and desire.”― Margo Vader
172. “We receive our inheritance the day we learn a skill from a parent. How we use that skill will determine how far we go!”― Andrew-Knox B Kaniki
173. “Kids don’t do what their parents say-they do what they see their parents do.”― Harlan Coben
174. “Parents can cultivate the character of a child, not the competence of a child.”― Amit Kalantri
175. “We love being your parents, but we also like being your fellow travelers on this part of the road.”― Erin Lee Carr
Have you seen these inspirational quotes for kids about learning and success?
Which are your favorite parents quotes?
Parents are the gentle and supportive pillars that hold our families together. We can expect genuine and unconditional love only from parents.
Hopefully, these quotes have shown why parents are important in our lives and inspired you to appreciate them more.
Did you enjoy these parents quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
February 8, 2021 6:00 AM EST