He defends Gotham City from criminals, and often we wish there was someone real like him to save us from all the evil that surrounds us. Bruce Wayne took the pain of his parents’ death as the fuel to turn him into the Batman. These awesome Batman quotes are wise and thought-provoking and will make you wish we had a beacon in the sky to send him to save us all.
It’s safe to say that we all adore Batman. An extraordinary man and soul, he’s one of the most loved comic book superheroes and fictional characters in history.
Unlike most superheroes, Batman is real to us. He doesn’t have any inhuman superpowers. He’s just a man who’s willing to make all the necessary sacrifices to keep his people safe.
Batman learned from the pain of losing his parents and vowed to never break. He’s a symbol of where passion, tenacity, and self-motivation can get you.
From the World’s Greatest Detective, below is our collection of inspirational, wise and thought-provoking Batman quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also check out our collection of Wonder Woman movie quotes that will inspire you to take on the bad guys and restore right in the world.
Batman Quotes From the Wise Dark Knight
1. “It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.” – Batman
2. “Sometimes the truth isn’t good enough, sometimes people need more.” – Batman
3. “A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple as reassuring putting a coat on a young boy’s shoulders.” – Batman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of hero quotes that inspire everyone to make a difference.
4. “I have one power. I never give up.” – Batman
5. “Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Batman
6. “All men have limits. They learn what they are and learn not to exceed them. I ignore mine” – Batman
7. “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman
8. “You don’t get heaven or hell. Do you know the only reward you get for being Batman? You get to be Batman.” – Batman
9. “You either die a hero or live enough to see yourself become a villain.” – Batman
10. “If you can carry it to the top of the mountain you may find what you were looking for in the first place.” – Batman
Batman quotes to awaken the force within
11. “This city just showed you that it’s full of people ready to believe in good.” – Batman
12. “You cannot lead these men unless you are prepared to do what is necessary to defeat evil.” – Batman
13. “Why do we fall, Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up.” – Batman
14. “Criminals are like weeds, Alfred; pull one up, another grows in its place.” – Batman
15. “I respect the mind’s power over the body. It’s why I do what I do.” – Batman
16. “I knew Harvey Dent, I was his friend and it will be a very long time before someone…Inspires us the way he did.” – Batman
17. “But as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting.” – Batman
18. “Gotham, take control… take control of your city. Behold, the instrument of your liberation! Identify yourself to the world!” – Batman
19. “Our greatest glory is not in ever falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Batman
20. “If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and make that change.” – Batman
Also read these quotes from Harley Quinn for the villain in you.
Batman quotes that will inspire you to conquer your fears
21. “Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded” – Batman
22. “Targeting me won’t get their money back. I knew the mob wouldn’t go down without a fight, but this is different. They crossed the line.” – Batman
23. “People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy.” – Batman
24. “Sometimes it’s only madness that makes us what we are.” – Batman
25. “I wear a mask. And that mask, it’s not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.” – Batman
26. “If I have to have a past, then I prefer it to be multiple choice.” – Batman
27. “Without warning, it comes…crashing through the window of your study, and mine…I have seen it before…somewhere. It frightened me as a boy… frightened me. Yes, father. I shall become a bat.” – Batman
28. “I won’t kill you, but I don’t I have to save you.” – Batman
29. “If you need to stop an asteroid, you call Superman. If you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But if you need to end a war, you call Wonder Woman.” – Batman
30. “You finally learned to do what is necessary.” – Batman
31. “You are as precious to me as you were to your own mother and father. I swore to them that I would protect you, and I haven’t.” – Batman
Batman quotes to bring out the best in you
32. “There’s nothing to fear, but fear itself!” – Batman
33. “If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the room remains the same.” – Batman
34. “Laugh and the world laughs with you!” – Batman
35. “It’s obvious. Only a criminal would disguise himself as a licensed, bonded guard yet callously park in front of a fire hydrant.” – Batman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Criminal Minds quotes that prove it’s the best show ever.
36. “Tell me where the trigger is, then you have my permission to die.” – Batman
37. “Never start with the head, the victim gets all fuzzy. He can’t feel the next.” – Batman
38. “Bats frighten me. It’s time my enemies shared my dread.” – Batman
39. “I saved the world again today. It was off the chain.” – Batman
40. “It’s sometimes difficult to think clearly when you’re strapped to a printing press.” – Batman
Don’t forget to also read these Spider-man quotes to help you live like a superhero.
Wise and thought-provoking Batman quotes
41. “We can rebuild. We can do better.” – Batman
42. “I’ve worked so hard to gain their respect, they sometimes forget I’m flesh and blood” – Batman
43. “I’m whatever Gotham needs me to be.” – Batman
44. “Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You’ve eaten Gotham’s wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on…none of you are safe.” – Batman
45. “It’s not who we are but what we do that defines us.” – Batman
46. “Then I reminded myself that all intelligent children suffer bad dreams.” – Batman
47. “I am vengeance, I am the night, I am Batman” – Batman
48. “A gun is a liar’s weapon.” – Batman
49. “There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us… you blinked.” – Batman
50. “They may be drinkers, Robin, but they’re still human beings.” – Batman
If you enjoyed this article, read our collection of Joker quotes on humanity that will really make you think.
More Batman quotes
51. “To manipulate the fear in others, you must first master your own.” – Ra’s al Ghul
52. “Death does not wait for you to be ready. Death is not considerate or fair!” – Ra’s al Ghul
53. “Always mind your surroundings.” – Ra’s al Ghul
54. “Theatricality and deception are powerful agents.” – Ra’s al Ghul
55. “You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent.” – Ra’s al Ghul
56. “Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society’s understanding.” – Ra’s al Ghul
57. “Training is nothing! Will is everything. The will to act.” – Ra’s al Ghul
58. “If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can’t stop you, then you become something else entirely.” – Ra’s al Ghul
59. “Justice is about harmony. Revenge is about you making yourself feel better.” – Rachel Dawes
60. “You will always fear what you don’t understand.” – Carmine Falcone
Which of these Batman quotes is your favorite?
Batman is not only one of the world’s most loved superheroes, he’s also one of the most extraordinary. Unlike other superheroes, he’s just a man who’s devotion and personal drive allow him to become the perfect hero.
We love Batman because he’s an ordinary man who managed to overcome his fear at an individual level and choose to stand up a symbol of hope for his people. Hopefully, the quotes above have inspired you to become the best version of yourself.
Did you enjoy these Batman quotes? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
February 26, 2021 6:00 AM EST