Our latest collection of Valentine’s Day quotes helps make it romantic and memorable.
This Valentine’s Day quotes collection will help you honor true love.
Valentine’s Day is an occasion to celebrate love, friendship, and admiration.
Tell us your favorite Valentine’s Day quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Valentine’s Day quotes?
Each year on 14 February, people celebrate this day by exchanging cards, candy, and flowers or sending messages of love and affection to partners, family, and friends.
Couples send Valentine’s Day cards and gifts of flowers and enjoy quality time together to celebrate their love for each other.
Valentine’s Day is celebrated in many countries around the world.
However, different cultures have developed their own traditions for this occasion.
While many see it as a day to express love between couples, others see it as a day to celebrate the love between family members and friends.
Many couples choose to celebrate Valentine’s Day with:
- a luxury hotel stay in a beautiful location
- a picnic or a special home-cooked meal
Whichever way you choose to celebrate it, Valentine’s Day is a perfect time to express your love and commitment.
If you are not a fan of Valentine’s Day, check out this article!
To help make it romantic and memorable, below is our collection of inspirational, sweet, and cute Valentine’s Day quotes, Valentine’s Day messages, and Valentine’s Day wishes collected from various sources over the years.
Don’t forget to read our compilation of beautiful birthday captions for when that special day comes.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Valentine’s day quotes celebrating true love in 2023
1. “Your flaws are perfect for the heart that’s meant to love you.” – Trent Shelton
2. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
3. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
4. “Love is when the desire to be desired takes you so badly that you feel you could die of it.” – Henri de Toulouse
5. “Where there is love, there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
6. “Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert Heinlein
7. “A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” – Frank Morgan
8. “I just think Valentine’s Day is a day to really appreciate the person you love, no matter who it is, and to spend time with them. I don’t think it’s all about fancy presents or whatever. I think it’s about spending that quality time with that special person.” – Prince Royce
9. “Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.” – Lord Byron
10. “It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it.” – Christian Nestell Bovee
Don’t forget to check out these deep love quotes to best express deep feelings.
Valentine’s Day quotes to help make it romantic and memorable
11. “The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men, it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.” – George Edward Moore
12. “I like doing something romantic with a girl on Valentine’s Day, like making her dinner and keeping it simple. The more quality time, the better.” – Spencer Boldman
13. “Although I believe affection and romance should be shown all year around, it’s always smart to have a good plan up your sleeve for Valentine’s Day.” – Marcus Samuelsson
14. “Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.” – William Shakespeare
15. “Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.” – Audre Lorde
16. “I’ve never been so scared of losing something in my entire life, then again, nothing in my life has ever meant as much to me as you do.” – Anonymous
17. “When you know who you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want to start the rest of your life as soon as you can.” – Dierks Bentley
18. “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another.” – Thomas Merton
19. “This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.” – Aberjhani
20. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne
If you’re a guy reading this, don’t forget to check out these romantic girlfriend quotes to share with her.
Valentine’s Day quotes for him or her
21. “I won’t give up on us, even if the skies get rough.” – Jason Mraz
22. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” – Ingrid Bergman
23. “On a scale of one to ten, I’d give you a nine — and I’m the one you need.” – Anonymous
24. “I love that rush, when he folds me into his arms and I can let out a sign of relief, knowing I’m safe there. Always.” – Michelle Poelking
25. “In a world full of temporary things, you are a perpetual feeling.” – Sanober Khan
26. “Love isn’t finding the perfect person. It’s seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
27. “I love you not only for what you are but, for what I am when I’m with you.” – Roy Croft
28. “Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It’s loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weakness.” – Ann Landers
29. “If there ever comes a day where we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” – Winnie The Pooh
30. “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone who loves the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” – Carrie Bradshaw
You might also like these magical falling in love quotes that prove just how incredible it is to find your special someone.
Valentine’s Day quotes to help express your love and commitment
31. “I may not say much when I am with you, but all of me loves you all the time.” – Richard Nixon
32. “As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” – Bruce Lee
33. “Great love awakens us to the fullness of life. Great love shapes us. When we are embrace of love the world appears brighter and evens our food taste better when we love.” – Tito Tinajero
34. “Loving someone and having them love you back is the most precious thing in the world.” – Nicholas Sparks
35. “Life gives us many things to be thankful for. I give thanks to God for you! A blessing in my life, you are.” – Catherine Pulsifer
36. “For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.” – Ivan Panin
37. “To love another person is to see the face of God.” – Les Miserables
38. “On Valentine’s day we think of those who make our life worthwhile, those gracious, friendly people who we think of with a smile.” – Anonymous
39. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you … I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Tennyson
40. “Valentine’s Day is precisely what the spirit needs. It is hot chocolate for the soul. It is a bright splash of color on a stark white canvas. The day reminds us to reaffirm our love, or perhaps to give voice to that which has remained unsaid.” – Dorothy Denneen Volo
Valentine’s Day quotes to celebrate love and friendship
41. “No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.” – Diana Peterfreund
42. “Valentine. Is the day of love. Many ways to express affection to the people we love. By way of giving a gift that is definitely synonymous with words of love and romantic. Gifts do not have to be very expensive.” – Arif Jmsh
43. “Let loose the sails of love and let them fill with breezes sweet with tenderness to-day; scorn not the praises youthful lovers say; romance is old, but it is lovely still.” – Edgar A Guest
44. “Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever… and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you.” – Meet Joe Black
45. “Romance is a beautiful experience. that we should all have the pleasure of giving and receiving. Being in Love is one of the most powerful emotions to experience in our lifetime and having the two makes life that little bit more special.” – Cassandra M Porter
46. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
You might also like these hot, flirting quotes that will reignite the spark in your relationship.
47. “No cord or cable can draw so forcibly, or bind so fast, as love can do with a single thread.” – Robert Burton
48. “God’s plans are the perfect plan. He sent me a special valentine when He sent me you. God knew what he was doing when he sent me you.” – Theodore W. Higginsworth
49. “Clouds never get tired of giving rain to us; and you, you must never get tired of giving your love! Valentine’s Day is day to remember to give more, to love more, it is a day to behave like a heavy rain.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
50. “However, quality love relationships do not happen by accident. Real love is built the old-fashioned way – through hard work.” – Danny Silk
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these love quotes for your husband to make him feel appreciated.
More Valentine’s Day quotes and sayings
51. “As a flower can’t bloom without sunshine so a life can’t flourish without love.” – Debasish Mridha
52. “Love is a courageous device. It gives you the ability to see things in a positive way. Happy Valentines Day.” – Euginia Herlihy
53. “If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love.” – Maya Angelou
54. “You’re my fresh air. I love you with every breath, my dear.” – Debasish Mridha
55. “Valentine’s Day is an extraordinary moment for recalling the lasting power of a true love.” – M.F. Moonzajer
56. “Your never over the hill to find true love because sometimes, that’s where it is.” – Benny Bellamacina
57. “People always come and go but at least love the way it was meant to you. Let’s burn the love light. Happy valentine!” – Manula Withanagee
Sweet and romantic Valentine’s Day quotes
58. “Love reciprocated out of pure genuine intent is true love.” ― Wayne Chirisa
59. “The flames of desire rekindle in the embers of love.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
60. “Valentine’s Day is just another day to truly love like there is no tomorrow.”
― Roy A. Ngansop
61. “A world anemic in love needs a day to celebrate love. I am a lover eternal, for me every day is Valentine’s Day.” ― Abhijit Naskar
62. “Love is the ultimate no-calorie sweetener.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
63. “Nobody, I mean nobody lives forever. Make it count. This is life. This is love.” ― Jill Telford
64. “Let me be an ocean and let me kiss you as many times as the ocean kisses the shore.” ― Debasish Mridha
65. “Between two people everything becomes complicated when only one is in love and when both are in love, complication disappears and there remains only the beauty of simplicity.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
66. “Valentine’s day without your love is like a year without the Internet.” ― Santosh Kalwar
67. “The best narrative is one of infinite love. A spiritual affair—one not of the material world. Intermingled, with no beginning nor end—it will always stand the test of time.” ― Terry A O’Neal
Valentine’s Day Quotes To Make Your Partner Feel Special
68. “Valentine’s Day is my favorite holiday.” — Lindsay Ellingson
69. “My ideal Valentine’s Day is spending it with someone you are in love with and for that someone to make you feel loved and appreciated.” — Candice Swanepoel
70. “The best thing about Valentine’s Day is that if you don’t have a lover, you badly remember to get one!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
71. “Valentine, just a few words to tell you how I love you. I have loved you since the first day I saw you. Whenever that was.” — Charles M. Schulz
72. “Valentine’s Day – a nice holiday because it’s the first day of the rest of your wife.” — Milton Berle
73. “I love Valentine’s Day! I love it. I love it, I love it. I like having doors opened for me. My favorite romantic comedy is When Harry Met Sally…” — Ginnifer Goodwin
74. “Here’s my problem. On Valentine’s Day the flowers are wilting, and so am I.” — David Letterman
75. “I love you the more in that I believe you had liked me for my own sake and for nothing else.” — John Keats
76. “Love gives without taking.” — Erica Jong
77. “Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate the joy of being in love. Unless you’re single & lonely, then it’s called Laundry Day.” — Dane Cook
Which of these Valentine’s Day quotes was your favorite?
Valentine’s Day is an occasion to celebrate love and friendship.
It is a perfect time to show your love and commitment to the special people in your life.
Whether you celebrate it with your significant other or with your family and friends, we hope the above Valentine’s Day quotes will help make it memorable.
Did you enjoy these Valentine’s Day quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.