25 Carrie Bradshaw Quotes from the Fashionista Herself
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Positive example of an independent woman or raging narcissist?
You decide with the help of these Carrie Bradshaw quotes.
Carrie Bradshaw is best known as the fictional character from the franchise Sex and the City.
However, the long-running show was actually based on a book by Candace Bushnell.
The book was a collection of essays she wrote that were based on her’s and her friends’ lifestyles.
While many people viewed Carrie Bradshaw as an example of a strong and independent woman when the show first started, not everyone maintained that viewpoint.
Some began to see her as more of a narcissist.
You can decide for yourself what you think after reading these Carrie Bradshaw quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Tinker Bell quotes to help you believe.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Carrie Bradshaw quotes about love and heartbreak
1. “It wasn’t logic. It was love.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
2. “Don’t forget to fall in love with yourself first.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
3. “Do you have to play games to make a relationship work?” ― Carrie Bradshaw
4. “If you love someone and you break up, where does the love go?” ― Carrie Bradshaw
5. “Isn’t that what you couples do? Support each other’s silly dreams?” ― Carrie Bradshaw
6. “Charlotte treated marriage like a sorority she was desperately hoping to pledge.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
7. “I love you so much my heart hurts. Is that what love is supposed to feel like? Like pain?” ― Carrie Bradshaw
8. “Here’s to the guys who love us, the losers who lost us, and the lucky bastards that get to meet us.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
9. “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other-love.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
10. “Year after year, twenty-something women come to New York in search of the two ‘L’s: Labels & Love.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
11. “Some love stories aren’t epic novels- Some are short stories, but that doesn’t make them any less filled with love.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
12. “Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us and understand us and kiss our three heads and make it all better.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
13. “After he left, I cried for a week. And then I realized I do have faith. Faith in myself. Faith that I would one day meet someone who would be sure that I was the one.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
14. “The hard thing about fighting in relationships is that there’s no referee. There’s no one to tell you which comments are below the belt. As a result, someone usually gets hurt.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
15. “The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
Carrie Sex and The City quotes about friendships and family
16. “Friendships don’t magically last forty years. You have to invest in them.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
17. “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
18. “It’s hard to find people who will love you no matter what. I was lucky enough to find three of them.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
19. “They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
20. “And finally, the most important break-up rule: no matter who broke your heart, or how long it takes to heal, you’ll never go through it without your friends.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
21. “The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don’t. But, in the end, they’re the people you always come home to. Sometimes it’s the family you’re born into and sometimes it’s the one you make for yourself.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
Carrie Bradshaw quotes about hope and courage
22. “Maybe the best any of us can do is not to quit, play the hand we’ve been given, and accessorize the outfit we got.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
23. “Maybe the past is like an anchor, holding us back. Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
24. “Eventually all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
25. “As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little a lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.” ― Carrie Bradshaw
Which of these Carrie Bradshaw quotes is your favorite?
Carrie Bradshaw is a fashion addict who would rather buy the latest designer shoe than dinner.
The story goes that the column she writes makes her somewhat of a local celebrity within the city.
This eventually leads to her having different types of opportunities such as writing for larger publications, including Vogue.
The character that is portrayed through Carrie Bradshaw is one that some women looked up to.
But just as the critics did, it’s important to view her life in its entirety and see not just the fun and fashion but the confusion, stress, and heartbreak that she experiences and causes through her lifestyle.
Much better to be enjoyed through the franchise than sought out in real life.
Did you enjoy reading these Carrie Bradshaw quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.