These special granddaughter quotes will warm your heart as they remind you of your love for your granddaughter.
Even famous grandmas, like Queen Elizabeth II, show the power of the bond and the invaluable role that grandmothers play in shaping the lives of their granddaughters.
These granddaughter quotes embody the grace, wisdom, and enduring love that grandparents hold in their hearts.
Share your favorite story about your granddaughter with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Enjoy this collection of heartfelt granddaughter quotes, celebrating the cherished moments, unconditional support, and lifelong lessons shared between grandparents and their beloved granddaughters.
What are the benefits of reading these granddaughter quotes?
Becoming a grandparent is an exciting time!
You get to do all the spoiling while your children handle the hard parts of parenting.
These granddaughter quotes will:
- Help you better understand the bond grandparents have with their grandkids
- Enable you to come up with the perfect words to write on a card
- Make cute crafts or even T-shirts
- Caption all the photos you are going to take of your little princess
Whether this is your first grandchild or your 10th, these granddaughter quotes will show you how special the relationship you are going to have with her is.
What makes granddaughters special?
One of the simplest and most rewarding joys of life is to be a grandparent to a granddaughter.
Granddaughters are remarkable, delightful beings.
They are uniquely talented in that they can remind us of the innocence of childhood but lack all the frustration that our children gave us.
Granddaughters are a precious gift and a never-ending source of joy.
Below is our collection of inspirational, sweet, and loving granddaughter quotes, collected from various sources over the years.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Granddaughter quotes about the blessing of grandchildren
1. “Grandchildren are loving reminders of what we’re really here for.” — Janet Lanese
You will also enjoy our article on grandpa quotes.
2. “Children are the rainbow of life. Grandchildren are the pot of gold.” ― Irish Blessing
You will also enjoy our article on mother daughter quotes.
3. “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.” — Lois Wyse
You will also enjoy our article on Maya Angelou quotes.
4. “Never have children, only grandchildren.” — Gore Vidal
You will also enjoy our article on grief quotes.
5. “Grandchildren are their grandparents’ toys.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
You will also enjoy our article on godfather quotes.
6. “One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever been given is my granddaughter.” — Ace Frehley
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
7. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until grandchildren are born.” ― Welsh Proverb
You will also enjoy our article on Winnie the Pooh quotes.
8. “My granddaughter’s birth has made me want to create things she will love.” — Billy Crystal
You will also enjoy our article on motivational sports quotes.
9. “Grandchildren: the only people who can get more out of you than the IRS.” — Gene Perret
You will also enjoy our article on pictures quotes.
10. “My granddaughter and I are inseparable. She keeps me wrapped around her little finger.”— Gene Perret
You will also enjoy our article on Albert Einstein quotes.
Granddaughter quotes about our love for our granddaughters
11. “Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.” — Doug Larson
You will also enjoy our article on Dale Carnegie quotes.
12. “My grandmother would say, ‘Dear, there is nothing that you can say that will shock me.” — Catherine Lunn
You will also enjoy our article on parents quotes and sayings.
13. “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” — Erma Bombeck
You will also enjoy our article on baby girl quotes.
14. “I thought grandmothers had to like you. It’s a law or something.” — Mary E. Pearson
You will also enjoy our article on college quotes.
15. “Elephants and grandchildren never forget.” – Andy Rooney
16. “Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old.” – Mary H. Waldrip
17. “The grandchildren should not bear the debts of the grandparents.” ― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Also, check out these grandfather quotes to share with your loved ones.
Joyful Granddaughter quotes
18. “They say genes skip generations. Maybe that is why grandparents find their grandchildren so likable.” ― Joan McIntosh
19. “Sometimes, when I see my granddaughters make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.” — Dr. Seuss
20. “What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them loose change, and they give me a million dollars worth of pleasure.” — Gene Perret
21. “Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.” — Lois Wyse
22. “Though she be but little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare
23. “For our daughters and our granddaughters now, the sky is the limit.” — Nancy Pelosi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Nancy Pelosi quotes from America’s most powerful woman.
Funny granddaughter quotes
24. “The idea that no one is perfect is a view most commonly held by people with no grandchildren.” — Doug Larson
25. “I’ve been given this blessing, which is my granddaughter. You’re no longer just you. You suddenly fit into the chest drawers of life.” — Joanna Lumley
26. “An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again. Anything longer than that, and you start to age quickly.” — Gene Perret
27. “Grandchildren are God’s reward for not killing your kids.” — Tony Campolo
28. “Two things I dislike about my granddaughter — when she won’t take her afternoon nap, and when she won’t let me take mine.” – Gene Perret
29. “Our faces will become works of art that our grandchildren will treasure.”― Adriana Trigiani
30. “Just when you think you know all that love is… along come the grandchildren.” — Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.
Granddaughter quotes about the joys of being a grandparent
31. “Recently I was tenderly hugging one of our precious little five-year-old granddaughters and said to her, “I love you, sweetheart.” She responded rather blandly: “I know.” I asked, “How do you know that I love you?” Because! You’re my grandfather!” — Russell M. Nelson
32. “A granddaughter is the reflection of the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the promises of the future.”
33. “Granddaughters: a beautiful reflection of yesterday, a joyful promise of tomorrow.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grandparent quotes about the power of family.
34. “To become a grandparent is to enjoy one of the few pleasures in life for which the consequences have already been paid.” ― Robert Brault
35. “A Grandmother thinks of her grandchildren day and night, even when they are not with her. She will always love them more than anyone would understand.”― Karen Gibbs
36. “There is no greater achievement than being a grandfather who tells fairy tales to grandchildren.”― Eraldo Banovac
37. “Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent.”
38. “I love my daughter, but there’s a certain feeling, a certain emotion when you got a granddaughter, you know?” — Bernie Mac
39. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.” — Lois Wyse
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mother and son quotes that put words to this unbreakable bond.
Granddaughter quotes for granddaughters
40. “My favorite book is ‘Go Away Big Green Monster.’ I wrote it for my granddaughter Adrian, who was in the third grade at the time.” — Ed Emberley
41. “Grandparents enjoy most the company of their grandchildren. For with them, they experience the miracle of being 10 again.”― Meeta Ahluwalia
42. “Do you know why children are so full of energy? Because they suck it out of their grandparents.” ― Gene Perret
43. “A granddaughter is a gift from above. One to cherish and to love.”
44. “Perhaps the two greatest moments of my life were standing on the moon and being outside of the room when my granddaughter was born! We tend not to remember the worst.”— Gene Cernan
You might also like these cousin quotes that perfectly describe your bond.
45. “Before you know it you’ll be my age telling your own granddaughter the story of your life and you want to make it an interesting one, don’t you? You want to be able to tell her some adventures, some excitements, some something. How you live your life, little one, is a gift for those who come after you, a kind of inheritance.” — Cristina Garcia
46. “Teach your daughters, teach your granddaughters, everybody has to have something that they’re good at where they can earn a living.” — Judy Sheindlin
47. “If we truly believe that every girl in every corner of the globe is worthy of an education as our own daughters and granddaughters are, then we need to deepen our commitment to these efforts.” — Michelle Obama
48. “Granddaughter, you manage to be so many things all at once: intelligent, strong, beautiful, kind, and sassy. The thing I love most about you, though, is how loving you are. Thank you for filling my days with your smiles and laughter.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of sassy quotes perfect for social media captions.
49. “Granddaughter, your rambunctious ways may drive your parents crazy, but they make me feel young and carefree again! I hope that you never lose your taste for adventure.”
50. “The joys in my life are my granddaughters. They are beautiful. You don’t have to believe me. You can ask my wife. She’ll tell you.” — Dom DeLuise
Granddaughter quotes that will brighten your day
51. “I’m about to become a grandparent and I want to tell my grandchild, ‘Have love and respect for your family, and your friends but above all, yourself.’” — Maxine Tracey Gilbert
52. “I’ve been given this blessing, which is my granddaughter. You’re no longer just you. You suddenly fit into the chest of drawers of life.” — Joanna Lumley
53. “For my own dear girls, my granddaughters, I would tell them to seek out work that you love doing. It will fill your soul.” – Linda Landsman
54. “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you always. As long as I’m living, my grandbaby you’ll be.”
55. “My grandmother used to say, ‘Don’t make yourself too useful.’ She meant especially at home. Let your husband make the coffee, do laundry, or other household chores.” — Hilary Harley
56. “My granddaughter’s laughter is my favorite sound. The sound of her sleeping is a close second.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of laughter quotes proving why it’s the best medicine.
57. “A grandmother is God’s gift to her granddaughters.”
58. “A granddaughter leaves a sparkle in my eye and a sprinkle in my heart every time she meets me.”
59. “Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.” — Janet Lanese
60. “That’s because people know how they would feel if the woman were her granddaughter, or mother, or her niece. ” — Ann Stone
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.
More Granddaughter quotes
61. “I want my grandchildren to know love shouldn’t have borders of biology and that love has no bounds or limits. They should just love.” — Scarlett Harris
62. “As I gazed in awe at my newborn granddaughter, all I could think about was the wonder of God’s handiwork.” — Margaret Lang
63. “One piece of wisdom from my grandmother that has always served me well is, ‘Always have your own money and pretend the snakes are on it.’ In other words, be sure you have a rainy day fund that only you can access.” — Linda Landsman
64. “Granddaughters are the sparkles of life.”
You might also like these Sparkle Quotes!
65. “Granddaughters grow a bond with their grandmothers. A bond that cannot be torn apart by anything. A grandmother will walk along them through it all. Help them through the highest points of their lives to the weakest. Grandmothers may pass, but the memories they left behind, will last forever.”
66. “I used to think I was too old to fall in love again. Then I became a grandma.”
67. “I live right in front of my daughter. I have a little house right in front of her because I can stay in touch. It’s like a little commune, and it’s very nice, because you can be close. I can see my granddaughter. I live very close to my brother, too, and my son. We’re a very close family.” — Debbie Reynolds
68. “I find myself getting so upset because I was never able to be a good mother for my daughter or a good grandmother for my granddaughter because I was always so sick. I only hope that I can live long enough to see my granddaughter graduate.” — Dorothy Moore
69. “I wasn’t happy with the schools they offered, … I want my granddaughter to be in a school with a different learning environment.” — Barbara King
70. “The joys of my life are my granddaughters. They are beautiful. You don’t have to believe me. You can ask my wife. She’ll tell you.” — Dom DeLuise
Granddaughter quotes celebrating a special bond
71. “I may not see my granddaughter every day, but every day I think of her.”
72. “Grandchildren: my favorite hello and my hardest goodbye.”
73. “Being blessed with a granddaughter brought life to a part of my heart that I never knew existed.”
74. “Distance will never lessen my love for my grandkids”
75. “A granddaughter is in your thoughts and always in your heart.”
76. “I always give my grandkids a couple of quarters when they go home. It’s a bargain.” –Gene Perret
77. “A granddaughter is one the greatest blessings in the world.”
78. “The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.” – Sam Levenson
79. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.” – Pam Brown
80. “I wouldn’t change my grandchildren for the world. But I wish I could change the world for my grandchildren.”
You might also like these sister quotes they need to hear and will not forget.
Granddaughter quotes to show your love
81. “If I could give my granddaughter three things it would be the confidence to always know her self-worth, the strength to chase her dreams and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved she is.”
82. “Grandchildren complete life’s circle of love.”
83. “There will never be a day like the day your granddaughter was born.”
84. “God made granddaughters to give our lives variety, and to keep our hearts young.”
85. “Granddaughters are angels sent from above to fill our hearts with never-ending love.”
86. “Grandchildren restore our zest for life, and our faith in humanity.”
87. “Dear granddaughter, if I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes. Only then would you realize how special you are to me.”
88. “Do you know why grandchildren are always so full of energy? They suck it out of their grandparents.” – Gene Perret
89. “With your own children, you love them immediately – and with grandchildren, it’s exactly the same.” – Kevin Whately
90. “Granddaughter, through you I see the future. Through me, you’ll see the past. In the present, we’ll love one another as long as these moments last.”
91. “Everybody thinks that this civilization has lasted a very long time but it really does take very few grandfathers’ granddaughters to take us back to the dark ages.” – Gertrude Stein
92. “I tell young people – including my granddaughter – there is no shortcut in life. You have to take it one step at a time and work hard. And you have to give back.” – Hank Aaron
93. “To be able to take the next generation, my daughters and my granddaughters, to better understand and respect the people in the Outback and experience the wonders of our country, would definitely be one of my favourite duties.” – Gina Rinehart
94. “The joy of grandchildren is measured in the heart.”
95. “My favorite song will always be “Layla’ by Derek and the Dominos, because my granddaughter was named after it.” — Betsey Johnson
96. “I dreamt of a miracle. It came in the form of my granddaughter.”
97. “Grandchildren are like flowers; you never get tired of watching them grow.”
98. “Grandchildren are like a warm blanket on a cold day. Just having one in your arms makes you feel great.”
Brilliant granddaughter quotes
99. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.” – Welsh Proverb
100. “A grandmother’s greatest treasure is her granddaughter.”
101. “Having a granddaughter in your life is one of life’s greatest treasures.”
102. “Granddaughters hold our hands for a while but hearts forever.”
103. “I hope my granddaughter always believes in herself as much as I believe in her.”
104. “Granddaughters let us do fun things that we couldn’t do as parents.”
105. “Angels are often disguised as granddaughters.”
106. “A baby granddaughter is small enough to hold in arms, yet big enough to fill hearts with happiness.”
107. “My granddaughter makes me smile like no one else ever did.”
108. “What a joy it is to have a beautiful and wonderful granddaughter like you to have.”
Granddaughter quotes for your sweet princess
109. “A grandmother’s treasure is her granddaughter.”
110. “A granddaughter is a treasure whose worth you cannot measure except by the love in your heart.”
111. “Dear granddaughter, I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.”
112. “A granddaughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous.”
113. “A granddaughter is a beautiful reflection of yesterday and a joyful promise of tomorrow.”
114. “A grandma and granddaughter always share a special bond, which is engraved on their hearts.”
115. “A granddaughter fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.”
116. “Grandmother and granddaughter from the start. Best friends forever from the heart.”
117. “A granddaughter is a gift of love.”
118. “A granddaughter is a gift from above to cherish and love.”
Beautiful granddaughter quotes she’ll treasure
119. “My granddaughter might seem little, but she’s energetic.”
120. “Granddaughters make you stay young and excited.”
121. “My granddaughter keeps me up-to-date with all the latest trends.”
122. “Grandchildren remind us about why we are here.”
123. “A granddaughter is a blessing from God to give you love and happiness.”
124. “I’m blessed with a granddaughter who’s become an enormous part of my life.”
125. “Sometimes granddaughters can cause you to miss your afternoon nap.”
126. “Granddaughters are a glimpse of a hopeful and beautiful tomorrow.”
127. “Granddaughters are gems to love without measure.”
128. “To my granddaughter, I am so proud of you.”
More Granddaughter quotes
129. “My granddaughter is special in every way.”
130. “My heart is full of love for my granddaughter, but each time she smiles, it becomes fuller.”
131. “My granddaughter is going to be surrounded with more love than she could ever want for.”
132. “If you want to know how angels feel in heaven, just have a granddaughter.”
133. “Whenever I think about you being my granddaughter, I’m filled with overwhelming pride and gratitude.”
134. “Each time my granddaughter picks flowers for me, I’m amazed at how my heart grows bigger.”
135. “Granddaughter, your loving light brightens my day!”
136. “The songs I sing with my granddaughter fill my very soul with love.”
137. “Granddaughter, you are a bundle of pure energy, and you radiate hope and love.”
138. “My granddaughter has shown me that my heart can hold an infinite amount of love.”
Granddaughter quotes to warm your heart
139. “If I had a flower for every time my granddaughter made me smile, I’d have a garden to walk in forever.”
140. “Your smile is charming, your laughter is infectious. You are a stunning woman and above all, you are my granddaughter.”
141. “Granddaughters are called ‘grand’ for a reason.”
142. “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” – Alex Haley
143. “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.” – Charles and Ann Morse
144. “You should feel great about cooking a good dinner and making a dress for your granddaughter, creating a beautiful birthday party. It’s all part of life.” – Martha Stewart
145. “I love my daughter, but you, my granddaughter, are something else. My love for you transcends all boundaries.”
146. “Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends”– Allan Frome
147. “Granddaughters are God’s way of filling your life with happiness and laughter.”
148. “Granddaughters and Grandmas have a special bond that can’t be broken.”
Granddaughter quotes for birthday
149. “You always shine brightly to me, but today you seem to shine even more so. I am so happy that I get to have a whole day to celebrate how truly fantastic you are. Happy birthday, Granddaughter!”
150. “My princess, when I see you, you remind me so much of your Mother, you have her warm smile and you radiate joy wherever you go, happy birthday dear granddaughter.”
151. “May your special day have sweet moments, sweet cake, and even sweeter people because you are such a sweetheart! Thank you for being a sweet, kind, loving, and incredible granddaughter.”
152. “For me, you were the perfect gift that came at the right time, dear granddaughter. Thanks for being a part of our world. Have the best birthday every year.”
153. “Granddaughter, no matter what the future holds, know that I will always support and love you. You will never lose my love and affection, and I hope your special day is as wondrous as you are.”
154. “Darling, Happy birthday. May you rock the world with your beauty and intelligence like you filled our lives with happiness. We love you so much dear granddaughter.”
155. “Happy birthday to my favorite granddaughter! Yes, I know you are my only one, but still! This just means you get all my affection, adoration, and love all to yourself.”
156. “Dear granddaughter, I wish for your years to be filled with joy, beauty and love, with everything else that you may desire. Happy birthday!”
157. “Dear granddaughter, I am very proud of you. It seems like it was yesterday when you were born and now you are fulfilling your fifteen chimeras. A very beautiful happy birthday to you.”
158. “Dear granddaughter, I had loved you yesterday, I love you today, and I will love you tomorrow and forever.”
Granddaughter quotes to remind you how special they are
159. “Granddaughters are the grandest thing on Earth!”
160. “Granddaughters fill a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.”
161. “Granddaughters fill a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.”
162. “Granddaughters are like flowers that fill the world with beauty.”
163. “A granddaughter completes the life’s circle of love. You have shown us what it means to love another person unconditionally.”
164. “Dear granddaughter, you bring joy to my heart and light to my eyes. You are so precious, and I thank you for being an amazing addition to our family.”
165. “There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren.” – Janice Elliott-Howard
166. “A granddaughter is one of the greatest blessings in the world. I am so happy I got you in my life.”
167. “If I had a penny for every time my granddaughter makes me smile, I’d be a billionaire.”
168. “The future is in the hands of granddaughters. They will be mothers in the future and will teach their children how to be kind to others.”
Granddaughter quotes that will bring a smile to your face
169. “Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand-angels.” — Lexie Saige
170. “When you count your blessings, count your granddaughters twice.”
171. “God gave us loving grandchildren as a reward for all our random acts of kindness.”
172. “We may not be rich and famous, but our grandchildren are priceless.”
173. “My granddaughter’s first breath took mine away.”
174. “A granddaughter is someone you can laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.”
175. “Being an exceptional grandfather is not about changing your grandkids. It is about changing yourself.” — Eyre Richard
176. “I adore her smile, I cherish her hugs, I admire her heart but most of all… I love that she is my granddaughter.”
177. “He hollowed out spaces for laughter, and created joys to last long after; then reserved a special place for tenderness… when God made granddaughters.” — Rebecca Barlow Jordan
178. “God made granddaughters to give our lives variety, and to keep our hearts young. God draped each morning with sunshine and sprinkled each night with song.” — Rebecca Barlow Jordan
Thought Provoking Granddaughter Quotes
179. “I’ve never used one word of profanity in front of my wife, or my daughter, or my granddaughter or anybody else’s wife.” ― Tommy Lasorda
180. “I want my great-granddaughter to have a fairly good understanding of the world in which I lived for 81 years and also the world before I came into it – all the way back a hundred thousand years, to the beginning of our species.” — Sidney Poitier
181. “What song is not about love? Whether it’s about love from man to woman or parent to child, or grandmother to granddaughter… It just goes on and on.” — PJ Harvey
182. “I tell you what really turns my toes up: love scenes with 68-year-old men and actresses young enough to be their granddaughter.” — Mel Gibson
183. “I go to social media, check out my granddaughter’s new boyfriend, but the Department of Homeland Security can’t figure out they need to be tracking they jihadi web sites?” — Carly Fiorina
184. “Thank God she doesn’t have to be confirmed by the Senate. (on the birth of his granddaughter).” — Herbert Hoover
185. “I have a daughter and I have granddaughters, and I will never vote to let a group of backward-looking ideologues cut women’s access to birth control. We have lived in that world, and we are not going back, not ever.” — Elizabeth Warren
186. “I don’t want to be known as the granddaughter of the Hiltons. I want to be known as Paris.” — Paris Hilton
187. “There you go. Use your granddaughter to pick up women. That’ll get you points in heaven.” ― Jennifer Rardin
188. “I hope my daughter, and one day my granddaughters, will be at Dodgers Opening Day.” ― Mark Walter
Granddaughter Quotes About The Joy of Having Grandchildren
189. “They say genes skip a generation. Maybe that’s why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable.” ― Joan Macintosh
190. “Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me.” ― Alexandra Stoddard
191. “The secret of life is to skip having children and go directly to grandchildren.” ― Mell Lazarus
192. “Grandkids bring you into a sweeter, slower present. They show you the future at a time when a lot of your friends are thinking about the past. And they take you back to childhood —theirs, the parent’s, your own: a three-time admittance to wonderland.” ― Adair Lara
193. “Posterity is the patriotic name for grandchildren.” ― Art Linkletter
194. “Our children and grandchildren are not merely statistics towards which we can be indifferent.” ― John F. Kennedy
195. “My mother said, ‘Don’t worry about what people think now. Think about whether your children and grandchildren will think you’ve done well.’” ― Lord Mountbatten
196. “You better arm yourselves to answer your children’s and grandchildren’s questions—no matter what the question is—without being judgmental.” ― Josh McDowell
197. “Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends—and hardly ever our own grown children.” ― Ruth Goode
198. “A grandchild is like a fine jewel set in an old ring.” ― Anne Lamott
Granddaughter Quotes To Make You Feel Lively
199. “Have children while your parents are still young enough to take care of them.” ― Rita Rudner
200. “The great thing about baseball is when you’re done, you’ll only tell your grandchildren the good things. If they ask me about 1989, I’ll tell ’em I had amnesia.” ― Sparky Anderson
201. “Grandchildren don’t stay young forever, which is good, because Pop-pops have only so many horsey rides in them.” ― Gene Perret
202. “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” ― Sam Levenson
203. “My grandchild has taught me what true love means. It means watching Scooby-Doo cartoons while the basketball game is on another channel.” ― Gene Perret
204. “Holding a great-grandchild makes getting old worthwhile.” ― Evalyn Rikkers
205. “What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.” ― Rudolph Giuliani
206. “Your sons weren’t made to like you. That’s what grandchildren are for.” ― Jane Smiley
207. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” ― Ogden Nash
208. “One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.” ― Joy Hargrove
Granddaughter Quotes About Your Special Treasure
209. “I like the Twilight series. I thought it was fun. I don’t like vampires personally, I don’t know any; but you know my granddaughter was reading it and I thought, well this looks like fun so I read that.” ― Mitt Romney
210. “I am a nice young girl here to pick up your granddaughter for the weekend… We’re going to a Bible retreat to scare the devil out of her.” ― Jeaniene Frost
211. “I’m a woman, born the daughter of a feminist and the granddaughter of a feminist grandfather. I don’t think I could have avoided working on women’s issues. I don’t do it as a career or profession; it’s my very essence as a human being.” ― Vandana Shiva
212.”I think it’s good that [my granddaughter] here because I lost my parents and now it’s great that there’s a new generation. And she’s taught me new things that I’ve forgotten. Like, when you’re on holiday and see what it’s like to see a shell or go into the water for the first time.” ― Carine Roitfeld
213. “Perhaps people who are gushing over the Obama Cult today might do well to stop and think about what it would mean for their granddaughters to live under Sharia law.” ― Thomas Sowell
214. “Heather Lende’s small town is populated with big hearts–she finds them on the beach, walking her granddaughters, in the stories of ordinary peoples’ lives, and knits them into unforgettable tales. Find the Good is a treasure.” ― Jo-Ann Mapson
215. “I have everything that I could possibly want in life, from a gorgeous granddaughter and a wonderful wife, brilliant students, the best job anyone could hope for, and about half of my hair. Not the half I would have kept, but no one consulted me.” ― Daniel Gilbert
216. “Someone is always at my elbow reminding me that I am the granddaughter of slaves. It fails to register depression with me.” ― Zora Neale Hurston
217. “They miss Rachel and Lillian Rose every minute of every day. It doesn’t bring them any comfort to see him standing there and know that their daughter and granddaughter are gone.” ― Joe Flaherty
218. “Now, when I get an all-important call, I sometimes say that I’m having lunch with my granddaughter. And I do not apologize.” ― Arthur Hertzberg
Do these granddaughter quotes make you want to wrap your granddaughter in a big hug?
Granddaughters are a grandparent’s source of pride and joy.
With a granddaughter comes all the love and happiness you felt with your child, but none of the responsibility.
You can spoil her to your heart’s content because, as a grandparent, that’s what you’re supposed to do.
Having a granddaughter is a new kind of love experience.
It is an experience of joy without the fear of being a new parent.
Having a granddaughter is having someone who will love you indefinitely, without restrictions.
It is having someone to show you the innocent beauties of life.
Granddaughters are a delight.
Did these loving granddaughter quotes warm your heart?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.