These special granddaughter quotes will warm your heart as they remind you of the love you feel for your granddaughter.
What makes granddaughters special?
One of the simplest and most rewarding joys of life is to be a grandparent to a granddaughter. Granddaughters are remarkable, delightful beings.
They are uniquely talented in that they can remind us of the innocence of childhood but lack all the frustration that our children gave us. Granddaughters are a precious gift and a never-ending source of joy.
Below is our collection of inspirational, sweet, and loving granddaughter quotes, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We also have a curated list of loving grandson quotes that will bring a smile. Don’t forget to also read that.
Granddaughter quotes about the blessing of grandchildren
1. “Just when you think you know all that love is… along come the grandchildren.” — Unknown
2. “Grandchildren are loving reminders of what we’re really here for.” — Janet Lanese
3. “Children are the rainbow of life. Grandchildren are the pot of gold.” ― Irish Blessing
4. “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.” — Lois Wyse
5. “Never have children, only grandchildren.” — Gore Vidal
6. “God gave us loving grandchildren as a reward for all our random acts of kindness.” — Unknown
Granddaughter quotes about our love for our granddaughters
7. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until grandchildren are born.” ― Welsh Proverb
8. “My granddaughter’s birth has made me want to create things she will love.” — Billy Crystal
9. “I love my daughter, but there’s a certain feeling, a certain emotion when you got a granddaughter, you know?” — Bernie Mac
10. “My granddaughter and I are inseparable. She keeps me wrapped around her little finger.” — Gene Perret
11. “Ever since time began: What song is not about love? Whether it’s about love from man to woman or parent to child, or grandmother to granddaughter… It just goes on and on. Or whether it’s the love of one’s country.” — PJ Harvey
12. “I have a daughter and I have granddaughters, and I will never vote to let a group of backward-looking ideologues cut women’s access to birth control. We have lived in that world, and we are not going back, not ever.” — Elizabeth Warren
13. “I live right in front of my daughter. I have a little house right in front of her because I can stay in touch. It’s like a little commune, and it’s very nice, because you can be close. I can see my granddaughter. I live very close to my brother, too, and my son. We’re a very close family.” — Debbie Reynolds
14. “I find myself getting so upset because I was never able to be a good mother for my daughter or a good grandmother for my granddaughter because I was always so sick. I only hope that I can live long enough to see my granddaughter graduate.” — Dorothy Moore
15. “God made granddaughters to give our lives variety, and to keep our hearts young. God draped each morning with sunshine and sprinkled each night with song. He hollowed out spaces for laughter and created joys to last long after: then reserved a special place for tenderness when God made granddaughters.” ― Unknown
16. “My favorite song will always be “Layla’ by Derek and the Dominos, because my granddaughter was named after it.” — Betsey Johnson
17. “Granddaughter, through you I see the future. Through me, you’ll see the past. In the present, we’ll love one another as long as these moments last.” — Unknown
Also, check out these grandfather quotes to share with your loved ones.
Joyful Granddaughter quotes
18. “Granddaughters: a beautiful reflection of yesterday, a joyful promise of tomorrow.” — Unknown
19. “What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them loose change, and they give me a million dollars’ worth of pleasure.” — Gene Perret
20. “The joys in my life are my granddaughters. They are beautiful. You don’t have to believe me. You can ask my wife. She’ll tell you.” — Dom DeLuise
21. “Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent.” — Unknown
22. “Though she be but little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare
23. “Perhaps the two greatest moments of my life were standing on the moon and being outside of the room when my granddaughter was born! We tend not to remember the worst.” — Gene Cernan
Funny granddaughter quotes
24. “The idea that no one is perfect is a view most commonly held by people with no grandchildren.” — Doug Larson
25. “I’ve been given this blessing, which is my granddaughter. You’re no longer just you. You suddenly fit into the chest drawers of life.” — Joanna Lumley
26. “An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again. Anything longer than that, and you start to age quickly.” — Gene Perret
27. “Grandchildren are God’s reward for not killing your kids.” — Tony Campolo
28. “Two things I dislike about my granddaughter — when she won’t take her afternoon nap, and when she won’t let me take mine.” – Gene Perret
29. “A granddaughter is God’s way of reaching your heart with laughter, blessing your life with happiness, and filling your world with love.” — Unknown
30. “Recently I was tenderly hugging one of our precious little five-year-old granddaughters and said to her, “I love you, sweetheart.” She responded rather blandly: “I know.” I asked, “How do you know that I love you?” Because! You’re my grandfather!” — Russell M. Nelson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.
31. “Yes, I saw Twilight – my granddaughter made me watch it, she said it was the greatest vampire film ever. After the ‘film’ was over I wanted to smack her across her head with my shoe, but I do not want a (tell-all) book called Grannie Dearest written on me when I die. So instead I gave her a DVD of Murnau’s 1922 masterpiece Nosferatu and told her, ‘Now that’s a vampire film!’ And that goes for all of you! Watch Nosferatu instead!” — Lauren Bacall
32. “Grandchildren: the only people who can get more out of you than the IRS.” — Gene Perret
33. “They say genes skip generations. Maybe that is why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable.” ― Joan McIntosh
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grandparent quotes about the power of family.
Granddaughter quotes about the joys of being a grandparent
34. “To become a grandparent is to enjoy one of the few pleasures in life for which the consequences have already been paid.” ― Robert Brault
35. “Your wealth and pride are your grandchildren who call you grandfather. They mean everything to you.” — Unknown
36. “In mid-career, I was at one and the same time the rabbi of a major congregation, writing books, and teaching at Columbia. I didn’t spend enough time with my children. Now, when I get an all-important call, I sometimes say that I’m having lunch with my granddaughter. And I do not apologize.” — Arthur Hertzberg
37. “Sometimes, when I see my granddaughters make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.” — Dr. Seuss
38. “Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.” — Doug Larson
39. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.” — Lois Wyse
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mother and son quotes that put words to this unbreakable bond.
Granddaughter quotes for granddaughters
40. “My favorite book is ‘Go Away Big Green Monster.’ I wrote it for my granddaughter Adrian, who was in the third grade at the time.” — Ed Emberley
41. “Granddaughter, always remember you’re special. You’re unique. You’re beautiful. You’re wanted. You’re someone nobody can replace. And always remember, you’re in my heart.” — Unknown
42. “Granddaughter, I have watched you grow from a bright little star to the person that you are. From a child to a friend. I know you so well that I want to tell the world you are my granddaughter.” — Unknown
43. “A granddaughter is a gift from above. One to cherish and to love.” — Unknown
44. “Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.” — Lois Wyse
45. “Before you know it you’ll be my age telling your own granddaughter the story of your life and you want to make it an interesting one, don’t you? You want to be able to tell her some adventures, some excitements, some something. How you live your life, little one, is a gift for those who come after you, a kind of inheritance.” — Cristina Garcia
46. “Teach your daughters, teach your granddaughters, everybody has to have something that they’re good at where they can earn a living.” — Judy Sheindlin
47. “If we truly believe that every girl in every corner of the globe is worthy of an education as our own daughters and granddaughters are, then we need to deepen our commitment to these efforts.” — Michelle Obama
48. “Granddaughter, you manage to be so many things all at once: intelligent, strong, beautiful, kind, and sassy. The thing I love most about you, though, is how loving you are. Thank you for filling my days with your smiles and laughter.” — Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of sassy quotes perfect for social media captions.
49. “Granddaughter, your rambunctious ways may drive your parents crazy, but they make me feel young and carefree again! I hope that you never lose your taste for adventure.” — Unknown
50. “For our daughters and our granddaughters now, the sky is the limit.” — Nancy Pelosi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Nancy Pelosi quotes from America’s most powerful woman.
Granddaughter quotes that will brighten your day
51. “I’m about to become a grandparent and I want to tell my grandchild, ‘Have love and respect for your family, and your friends but above all, yourself.’” — Maxine Tracey Gilbert
52. “I’ve been given this blessing, which is my granddaughter. You’re no longer just you. You suddenly fit into the chest of drawers of life.” — Joanna Lumley
53. “For my own dear girls, my granddaughters, I would tell them to seek out work that you love doing. It will fill your soul.” – Linda Landsman
54. “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you always. As long as I’m living, my grandbaby you’ll be.” – Unknown
55. “My grandmother used to say, ‘Don’t make yourself too useful.’ She meant especially at home. Let your husband make the coffee, do laundry, or other household chores.” — Hilary Harley
56. “My granddaughter’s laughter is my favourite sound. The sound of her sleeping is a close second.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of laughter quotes proving why it’s the best medicine.
57. “A grandmother is God’s gift to her granddaughters.” – Unknown
58. “My grandmother would say, ‘Dear, there is nothing that you can say that will shock me.” — Catherine Lunn
59. “Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.” — Janet Lanese
60. “That’s because people know how they would feel if the woman were her granddaughter, or mother, or her niece. ” — Ann Stone
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.
More Granddaughter quotes
61. “I want my grandchildren to know love shouldn’t have borders of biology and that love has no bounds or limits. They should just love.” — Scarlett Harris
62. “As I gazed in awe at my newborn granddaughter, all I could think about was the wonder of God’s handiwork.” — Margaret Lang
63. “One piece of wisdom from my grandmother that has always served me well is, ‘Always have your own money and pretend the snakes are on it.’ In other words, be sure you have a rainy day fund that only you can access.” — Linda Landsman
64. “Granddaughters are the sparkles of life.” – Unknown
65. “Granddaughters grow a bond with their grandmothers. A bond that cannot be torn apart by anything. A grandmother will walk along them through it all. Help them through the highest points of their lives to the weakest. Grandmothers may pass, but the memories they left behind, will last forever.” – Unknown
66. “I used to think I was too old to fall in love again. Then I became a grandma.” – Unknown
67. “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” — Erma Bombeck
68. “I wasn’t happy with the schools they offered, … I want my granddaughter to be in a school with a different learning environment.” — Barbara King
69. “It makes me happy listening to my granddaughter’s goals and dreams. They’re all very unique and even if they’re quite odd, I will always encourage her to keep chasing it because one day she’ll reach it eventually. And I want her to feel that her grandma will always be here to support her no matter what.” – Unknown
70. “The joys of my life are my granddaughters. They are beautiful. You don’t have to believe me. You can ask my wife. She’ll tell you.” — Dom DeLuise
Granddaughter quotes celebrating a special bond
71. “I may not see my granddaughter every day, but every day I think of her.” ― Anonymous
72. “Grandchildren: my favorite hello and my hardest goodbye.” – Unknown
73. “Being blessed with a granddaughter brought life to a part of my heart that I never knew existed.” ― Anonymous
74. “Distance will never lessen my love for my grandkids” – Unknown
75. “A granddaughter is in your thoughts and always in your heart.” ― Anonymous
76. “I always give my grandkids a couple of quarters when they go home. It’s a bargain.” –Gene Perret
77. “A granddaughter is one the greatest blessings in the world.” ― Anonymous
78. “The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.” – Sam Levenson
79. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.” – Pam Brown
80. “I wouldn’t change my grandchildren for the world. But I wish I could change the world for my grandchildren.” – Unknown
More Granddaughter quotes
81. “If I could give my granddaughter three things it would be the confidence to always know her self-worth, the strength to chase her dreams and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved she is.” ― Anonymous
82. “Grandchildren complete life’s circle of love.” – Unknown
83. “There will never be a day like the day your granddaughter was born.” ― Anonymous
84. “Elephants and grandchildren never forget.” – Andy Rooney
85. “Granddaughters are angels sent from above to fill our hearts with never-ending love.” ― Anonymous
86. “Grandchildren restore our zest for life, and our faith in humanity.” – Unknown
87. “Dear granddaughter, if I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes. Only then would you realize how special you are to me.” ― Anonymous
88. “Do you know why grandchildren are always so full of energy? They suck it out of their grandparents.” –Gene Perret
89. “With your own children, you love them immediately – and with grandchildren, it’s exactly the same.” – Kevin Whately
90. “Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old.” – Mary H. Waldrip
91. “Everybody thinks that this civilization has lasted a very long time but it really does take very few grandfathers’ granddaughters to take us back to the dark ages.” – Gertrude Stein
92. “I tell young people – including my granddaughter – there is no shortcut in life. You have to take it one step at a time and work hard. And you have to give back.” – Hank Aaron
93. “To be able to take the next generation, my daughters and my granddaughters, to better understand and respect the people in the Outback and experience the wonders of our country, would definitely be one of my favourite duties.” – Gina Rinehart
Do these granddaughter quotes make you want to wrap your granddaughter in a great big hug?
Granddaughters are a grandparent’s source of pride and joy. With a granddaughter comes all the love and happiness you felt with your child, but none of the responsibility.
You can spoil her to your heart’s content, because, as a grandparent, that’s what you’re supposed to do.
Having a granddaughter is a new kind of love experience. It is an experience of joy without the fear that comes with being a new parent.
Having a granddaughter is having someone who will love you indefinitely, without restrictions. It is having someone to show you the innocent beauties of life. Granddaughters are a delight.
Did these loving granddaughter quotes warm your heart? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 10, 2021 6:00 AM EST