Trent Shelton is an NFL star turned motivational speaker who spends his time spreading messages of empowerment, self-love, and hope. We’ve collected these Trent Shelton quotes to help spread that message, too.
Trent Shelton played wide-receiver for various NFL teams as a free agent. Now, he is the founder of a non-profit organization called RehabTime and a motivational speaker and social media influencer.
He reaches over 50 million people a week by spreading inspirational messages on his social media platforms and also travels internationally to present motivational speeches.
We’ve collected this list of 50 empowering Trent Shelton quotes to help inspire you to love yourself more and to go after your dreams.
Don’t forget to also check out these fast-paced Steve Prefontaine quotes you can take and run with.
Trent Shelton quotes on Self-Worth
1. “You accepted less because you thought a little was better than nothing. Know your worth.” — Trent Shelton
2. “You’ll never live up to the standards of what “everyone” wants you to be, so why fight a battle you can never win. Instead focus on being MORE of who you’re meant to be and focus less on what THEY think you should be.” — Trent Shelton
3. “You might not see your own beauty but if you continue to conceal and hide who you are, the heart that’s for you won’t be able to find it either.” — Trent Shelton
4. “Magazines don’t exist to make you feel good about yourself. They exist to keep you insecure so you’ll buy their magazines looking for answers.” — Trent Shelton
5. “You deserve honesty. You deserve transparency. You deserve someone who respects you enough to never lie to your heart. You deserve appreciation. You deserve loyalty. You deserve someone who would still be there for you even when everyone else has walked away. You deserve happiness. You deserve security. You deserve something that’s REAL. Never settle for less.” — Trent Shelton
6. “You can’t expect people to respect you when you don’t respect yourself. Know your worth and demand your respect.” — Trent Shelton
7. “You are worth more than what you try and convince them you’re worth.” — Trent Shelton
Trent Shelton quotes about success
8. “Too many people want change without having to make changes. In order to move up, there’s some things you must be willing to give up.” — Trent Shelton
9. “What they couldn’t do has nothing to do with what you can. Never let people plant their impossibilities on your life. Just because they failed doesn’t mean you can’t be successful, it’s always possible.” — Trent Shelton
10. “The only person that has power to put boundaries on your dreams is you.” — Trent Shelton
11. “The right decisions are always the hardest to make it. But they must be made in order to live the life you deserve.” — Trent Shelton
12. “You better stop living like tomorrow is promised. Life has no guarantees, so stop counting on next time.” — Trent Shelton
13. “If you’re afraid of struggle, then you’re afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it.” — Trent Shelton
Trent Shelton quotes about relationships
14. “Not everyone is committed to fighting the battle with you. Choose your army wisely.” — Trent Shelton
15. “They want you to do better as long as you don’t do better than them. Don’t be surprised if your success turns friends into strangers. Everybody loves you until you become competition.” — Trent Shelton
16. “Never waste an opportunity to express your love to someone, because another opportunity is something life can’t promise.” — Trent Shelton
17. “You’ll never be able to grow if you’re afraid to lose people during the process.” — Trent Shelton
18. “Sometimes past relationships don’t belong in new seasons. In order to move up there’s some things you must be willing to give up.” — Trent Shelton
19. “Jealousy: When your life reminds them of what they don’t have.” — Trent Shelton
20. “At the end of the day all that matters is love and memories so make sure you give it and make sure you make them.” — Trent Shelton
Insightful quotes from Trent Shelton
21. “Some things are meant to happen, just not meant to be. Some things are meant to come into your life, just not meant to stay.” — Trent Shelton
22. “Life isn’t always about searching so you can find, but at times it’s about being still so that you can receive.” — Trent Shelton
23. “Peace is something you’ll never experience if you keep letting things you can’t control, control you. Let it go.” — Trent Shelton
24. “Words lie; actions can lie too. Consistency speaks the truth.” — Trent Shelton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of consistency quotes to inspire long term thinking.
25. “You can’t be everything to everybody, but you can be everything to somebody. Don’t lose the ones you love trying to please the world.” — Trent Shelton
26. “Speak on what you know, not on what you assume. Only a FOOL speaks out of ignorance, not intelligence.” — Trent Shelton
27. “If the truth offends you; it only means one thing; you’re living a lie.” — Trent Shelton
28. “Sometimes the disappointment can build an unbreakable strength. There’s a blessing in every setback.” — Trent Shelton
29. “We are all a little broken. But last time I checked, broken crayons still color the same.” — Trent Shelton
30. “You’ll always believe that you’re broken if you always let opinions tell you what needs to be fixed.” — Trent Shelton
31. “Don’t Let People Plant Impossibilities In Your Life.” — Trent Shelton
Motivational Trent Shelton quotes
32. “Sometimes it’s not what you expect, and it’s not what you want, but it’s exactly what you need.” — Trent Shelton
33. “You can’t always control what someone gives you, but you’re always in control of what you accept.” — Trent Shelton
34. “Your path may not be easy. You might have to climb more peaks, you may endure more storms, but never forget your life has purpose.” — Trent Shelton
35. “Bad chapters can still create a story that ends well. Let your past be part of your story, not your identity.” — Trent Shelton
36. “Somebody didn’t wake up today, but you did. That’s a reason to stop complaining, and that’s enough to be thankful for. Never let your troubles blind you to your daily blessings.” — Trent Shelton
37. “If you’re allowing it then don’t complain about it. You deserve exactly what you settle for.” — Trent Shelton
38. “Strength isn’t always shown by what you can hold on to but sometimes it’s shown in what you can let go of.” — Trent Shelton
39. “Sometimes walking away has nothing to do with weakness, and everything to do with strength. We walk away not because we want others to realize our worth and value, but because we finally realize our own.” — Trent Shelton
40. “What you accept is what you deserve. Don’t complain about the things you continuously allow to take place.” — Trent Shelton
41. “You are too strong to live life hurt. You are too beautiful to let someones ugly ways to make you insecure with yourself.” — Trent Shelton
42. “Don’t let yesterday’s pain kill today’s strength. Never be afraid to turn the page and start a new chapter. Free yourself.” — Trent Shelton
More inspirational Trent Shelton quotes
43. “Remember, it’s the “layers” in life that create the perfection. Don’t view your life as “mistakes” view them as Da Vinci’s layers, and God is using your mistakes to help create a masterpiece with you.” — Trent Shelton
44. “Never be ashamed about being broken, because strength is nothing but pain that’s been repaired.” — Trent Shelton
45. “Stop trying to change someone who does not want to change.” — Trent Shelton
46. “Sometimes you just have to turn the page to realize there’s more to your book of life than the page you’re stuck on. Stop being afraid to move on. Close this chapter of hurt, and never re-read it. It’s time to get what your life deserves, and move on from the things that don’t deserve you. Don’t try to fix what’s been broken in your past, let your future create something better.” — Trent Shelton
47. “Stop giving chances to someone who abuses your forgiveness.” — Trent Shelton
48. “Don’t let anyone drain you of your happiness today. Be drama free. Rise above the petty stuff.” — Trent Shelton
49. “As you change so does your definition of fun. You’re not lame, you’re growing up.” — Trent Shelton
50. “Perfection is not being flawless, perfection is embracing those flaws so that the heart that’s meant to love you can see the real you perfectly.” — Trent Shelton
51. “Your transparency will lead to other people’s transformation.” – Trent Shelton
52. “If you need to change in a negative way to get something, that is something that you don’t need.” – Trent Shelton
Did these Trent Shelton quotes inspire you?
It’s commonly said that we are all our own worst critics. We nitpick at the smallest things and hold them against ourselves. Don’t you think we all deserve a little more self-love?
Trent Shelton certainly believes so and he is using his platform to spread more love to the world. He went from football star to one of the most prominent motivational speakers of this generation.
Now he is spending his time and energy encouraging you to love more, live kindly, and to follow your dreams. We hope these Trent Shelton quotes inspired you to do just that.
Did you enjoy these Trent Shelton quotes and sayings? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
December 21, 2020 7:00 AM EST