Tim Burton is known for spitting our cult classics and Beetlejuice is no different than Burton’s other kooky and spooky hits.
These Beetlejuice quotes are frighteningly weird, outlandishly silly, and totally out of this mortal world, just like the classic film.
You may also enjoy our article on:
With its eerie setting and memorable Beetlejuice quotes, the film is a must-watch for anyone looking for a spooky and entertaining movie night.
Beetlejuice follows the death of Adam and Barbara Maitland (Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis).
After dying in a car accident, the couple’s spirits come back to their solitary farmhouse, happy to live out the rest of eternity alone when an unwelcome new (and very much alive) family moves in.
Desperate to get rid of the intruders, the Maitlands call upon a malicious spirit named Betelgeuse (Michael Keeton), who brings them entirely new and hilarious problems to face.
You don’t want to say his name three times, but you can repeat these Beetlejuice quotes as many times as you want.
Without further ado…
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Famous Beetlejuice movie quotes and lines from Lydia Deetz
1. “I wanna be dead too.” — Lydia Deetz
2. “I’m not scared of sheets.” — Lydia Deetz
3. “I am alone. I am *utterly* alone.” — Lydia Deetz
4. “I myself am strange and unusual.” — Lydia Deetz
5. “Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice….Beetlejuice!” — Lydia Deetz
6. “My whole life is a dark room. One big, dark room.” — Lydia Deetz
7. “Maybe you can relax in a haunted house, but I can’t.” — Lydia Deetz
8. “Are you gross under there? Are you Night of the Living Dead under there? Like all bloody veins and pus?” — Lydia Deetz
9. “I’ve read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: ‘Live people ignore the strange and unusual.’” — Lydia Deetz
Related: Edward Scissorhands Quotes.
Beetlejuice quotes from Adam and Barbara Maitland
10. “We’re ghosts!” — Adam Maitland
11. “Aren’t you scared?” — Adam Maitland
12. “Maybe this is heaven.” — Adam Maitland
13. “There’s a word for people in our situation: ghosts.” — Adam Maitland
14. “In heaven, there wouldn’t be dust on everything.” — Barbara Maitland
15. “What’s the good of being a ghost if you can’t frighten people away?” — Barbara Maitland
16. “Where are all the other dead people in the world? Why is it just you and me?” — Barbara Maitland
17. “Barb, honey… we’re dead. I don’t think we have very much to worry about anymore.” — Adam Maitland
18. “You know, if I had seen a ghost at your age I would have been scared out of my wits.” — Barbara Maitland
Beetlejuice quotes from Delia Deetz
19. “It’s like a giant… ant farm.” — Delia Deetz
20. “A little gasoline, blowtorch, no problem.” — Delia Deetz
21. “Please, they’re dead. It’s a little late to be neurotic.” — Delia Deetz
22. “This is my art, and it is dangerous. You think I want to die like this!” — Delia Deetz
23. “If you don’t let me gut out this house and make it my own, I will go insane, and I will take you with me!” — Delia Deetz
24. “You have got to take the upper hand in all situations or people, whether they’re dead or alive, will walk all over you.” — Delia Deetz
25. “So you were miserable in New York City, and now you’re going to be miserable out here in the sticks. At least someone’s life hasn’t been upheaved.” — Delia Deetz
Which Beetlejuice scene is the most memorable to you?
It won the Academy Award for best make-up and hair and Michael Keeton’s portrayal of Beetlejuice has carved out a permanent spot in pop culture history.
Beetlejuice is one of those films that never gets old.
It’s one that you can watch over and over again every year at Halloween, along with Burton’s other classics like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and Frankenweinie.
We hope you enjoyed these haunting lines from this iconic movie.
Let us know your favorite Beetlejuice quotes and lines in the comment section below!