These inspiring finish strong quotes about completing a task will motivate you to go all the way.
If you’re pursuing your goals and working your hardest, it’s important to finish strong. These quotes about finishing a difficult task with strength and determination are guaranteed to inspire you.
What goal are you pursuing?
Whether you’re putting your efforts into work, sports, art, relationships, or something else, it’s always important to end on a strong note.
At the end of the day, the way you perform will directly affect the quality of your life. Read these motivational finish strong quotes to boost your ambition.
When times get tough, it’s important to power through until the end. This collection of quotes will inspire you to finish strong and complete all of your tasks.
Sometimes procrastination and the busyness of life can get in the way of your hard work. If you need encouragement to finish strong, these quotes will absolutely inspire you.
Don’t forget to also read these determination quotes that inspire persistence and grit.
Finish strong quotes to motivate and encourage you
1. “Many will start fast, few will finish strong.” – Gary Ryan Blair
2. “I start a picture and I finish it.” – Jean-Michel Basquiat
3. “Starting strong is good. Finishing strong is epic.” – Robin Sharma
4. “If the word quit is part of your vocabulary, then the word finish is likely not.” – B.G. Jett
5. “You’ve got to be able to finish out the season on a strong note.” – Paul Pierce
6. “When we make progress quickly, it feeds our emotions. Then, when there’s a period of waiting or we hit a plateau, we find out how committed we really are and whether we’re going to see things through to the finish or quit.” – Joyce Meyer
7. “No one has a problem with the first mile of a journey. Even an infant could do fine for a while. But it isn’t the start that matters. It’s the finish line.” – Julien Smith
8. “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Calvin Coolidge
9. “You have got to decide, look, this is who I am; this is my best way to present myself, and I’m going to ride that horse to the finish line. Not everybody will like it, but that’s OK.” – Phil McGraw
10. “Stopping at third adds no more to the score than striking out. It doesn’t matter how well you start if you fail to finish.” – Billy Sunday
Finish strong quotes to guide you on your journey to greatness
11. “One lesson learned is you’ve got to finish the scenario with excellence. You just cannot stop.” – Satya Nadella
12. “Whenever you have taken up work in hand, you must see it to the finish. That is the ultimate secret of success. Never, never, never give up!” – Dada Vaswani
13. “My legacy doesn’t matter. It isn’t important that I be remembered. It’s important that when I stand before the Lord, he says, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.’ I want to finish strong.” – James Dobson
14. “Everything ends; you just have to figure out a way to push to the finish line.” – Jesse Itzler
15. “If you say you’re going to do something, you do it. If you start it, you finish it. Yes sir, no ma’am. And you’ve got to have that kind of structure in your life. It kind of helped me be that disciplined person that I am, whether it’s with workouts, film or just the game of football.” – Robert Griffin III
16. “If God hadn’t rested on Sunday, He would have had time to finish the world.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
17. “Nice guys finish first. If you don’t know that, then you don’t know where the finish line is.” – Garry Shandling
18. “There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and so on.” – Robert Byrne
19. “I am like every single fighter – going into the ring, I have in my mind, ‘Finish the bout before all the rounds are over, and to get the victory before that.’” – Vasyl Lomachenko
20. “The best feeling I ever get is when I finish a song, and it exists, and it didn’t exist before, and now it’s there, and it makes me feel a certain way.” – Conor Oberst
These inspiring promise quotes about keeping your word that will remind you to always be honest and honorable.
Finish strong quotes to boost your ambition
21. “When I start something, I have to finish it, and I’m a super perfectionist, too.” – Kali Uchis
22. “You want to structure something that has form and that builds the right dynamic from start to finish.” – Lindsey Buckingham
23. “I was always into sports, and as a sportsperson, you need to be fit to survive and play from start to finish.” – Disha Patani
24. “The only routine I have is that I finish everything I start. I wake up early every day – about 6:30 A.M. – but I do not work every day. I could laze for a day or two, but I wouldn’t do it for three.” – Colm Toibin
25. “My schedule is always tight. But I like to have the pressure of having to finish doing something; it gives me an added edge.” – Wynton Marsalis
26. “Whenever I start something, I try to finish it.” – Mark Hunt
27. “What I think a lot of great marathon runners do is envision crossing that finish line. Visualization is critical. But for me, I set a lot of little goals along the way to get my mind off that overwhelming goal of 26.2 miles. I know I’ve got to get to 5, and 12, and 16, and then I celebrate those little victories along the way.” – Bill Rancic
28. “Remember no matter how fast you run, you can’t be the winner if you don’t finish.” – Israelmore Ayivor
29. “My grandmother always told me how you start is how you finish.” – Bernie Mac
30. “Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Finish strong quotes that will motivate you to go all the way
31. “There’s an old saying that you don’t ever finish a movie, you abandon it, and I really believe that. I never walk away from a take and pat myself on the back.” – Ryan Reynolds
32. “The last thing you want to do is finish playing or doing anything and wish you would have worked harder.” – Derek Jeter
33. “The world is full of people who have dreams of playing at Carnegie Hall, of running a marathon, and of owning their own business. The difference between the people who make it across the finish line and everyone else is one simple thing: an action plan.” – John Tesh
34. “In soloing – as in other activities – it is far easier to start something than it is to finish it.” – Amelia Earhart
35. “I’m different than most people. When I cross the finish line of a big race, I see that people are ecstatic, but I’m thinking about what I’m going to do tomorrow. It’s as if my journey is everlasting, and there is no finish line.” – David Goggins
36. “You never make it, especially in this industry where you constantly churn out stuff, things. You never finish.” – Tom Ford
37. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
38. “I kind of believe that, whenever possible, you should finish the job that you set out to do.” – Eric Garcetti
39. “The hardest part for me is to finish a track. I start new projects all the time.” – Martin Garrix
40. “We are going to finish this picture just the way I want it… because you cannot compromise an artist’s vision.” – Ed Wood
You might also like these motivational CT Fletcher quotes to unleash your inner beast.
Finish strong quotes that will inspire you to put in the hard work
41. “That’s one thing you learn in sports. You don’t give up; you fight to the finish.” – Louis Zamperini
42. “One should always try to do the best you possibly can. I’m not in a race to the finish line – I won’t put anything out until it’s completely ready.” – L’Wren Scott
43. “I don’t want to finish my life not being alive. I think that is the saddest thing that can happen to a person. I want to keep living to the end.” – Mario Vargas Llosa
44. “We all know that the desire for perfection can get in the way of authenticity and enjoyment; it’s the same with games. There’s a completist part to many of us that can’t rest until we reach the perfect 100% finish point.” – Naomi Alderman
45. “I’m always thinking about future projects and at the same time trying to finish the project you’re in the middle off.” – Jerry Lewis
46. “You will launch many projects, but have time to finish only a few. So think, plan, develop, launch and tap good people to be responsible. Give them authority and hold them accountable. Trying to do too much yourself creates a bottleneck.” – Donald Rumsfeld
47. “There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game and that is first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay and I never want to finish second again.” – Vince Lombardi
48. “It’s a very good thing to teach kids to finish what they started in the sense of fulfilling their commitments. So when my daughter told me on the second track meet that she was done with it because she discovered she didn’t like competing, I made her finish the season.” – Angela Duckworth
49. “A ferocious concentration and fanatical execution is what you need to finish strong.” – Gary Ryan Blair
50. “When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself.” – Karen Blixen
Which of these finish strong quotes gives you the motivation and encouragement you need?
The most important factors that determine your success are your talents and your efforts. If you’re completing a difficult task, make sure you keep your head up and finish strong. These inspirational quotes will guide you on your journey to greatness.
Finishing strong ensures that you don’t make any lazy or careless mistakes. Don’t give up or let your guard down right before the finish line.
Do you have ambitions and goals? The best way to achieve your dreams is to put in the hard work and finish strong. Quotes, sayings, and words of wisdom can help get you in the right mindset to succeed.
Read this list of encouraging sayings whenever you need to remind yourself about the importance of finishing strong.
What are your favorite finish strong quotes and sayings to help you go the distance and reach your goals? Let us know in the comment section below.
April 8, 2020 7:02 AM EST