Quotes about losing a loved one might be exactly what you need in your time of loss and suffering.
Losing a loved one is never easy, but hopefully, these meaningful words can help you move past your hurt to celebrate the life that’s recently been lost.
Powerful Quotes About Losing a Loved One and Coping
1. “All deaths are sudden, no matter how gradual the dying may be.”
― Michael McDowell
2. “Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.” ― Jack Thorne
3. “What we have once enjoyed we can never lose; all that we deeply love becomes a part of us.” – Helen Keller
4. “Remember that people are only guests in your story – the same way you are only a guest in theirs – so make the chapters worth reading.” ― Lauren Klarfeld
5. “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” ― Thomas Campbell
6. “When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of memory quotes that will help remind you how far you’ve come and motivate you to keep moving forward.
7. “We understand death only after it has placed its hands on someone we love.”– Anne L. de Stael
8. “For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.”– Kalil Gibran
9. “Death – the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.”– Sir Walter Scott
10. “The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives.” ― Rob Liano
It is one of the worst things a person can experience in life.
Though death happens a lot in life, it’s still hard to deal with.
Getting through the loss of a loved one takes time and everyone’s journey to healing is unique.
Everyone is different and sometimes the journey can seem more than we can bear.
When this happens, we should remember to be grateful for the time we spent with our loved ones and know that they’re in a better place.
Even though losing a loved one is never easy, the right support and guidance can help you get through it.
Life must continue, and you will grow from the loss and learn to live with it.
Here are some uplifting, sympathetic, and inspirational quotes about losing a loved one to help you cope.
Quotes about losing a loved one to help us move on
11. “We never truly get over a loss, but we can move forward and evolve from it.”—Elizabeth Berrien
12. “When he died, all things soft and beautiful and bright would be buried with him.” ― Madeline Miller
13. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” –Dr. Seuss
14. “Lucky is the spouse who dies first, who never has to know what survivors endure.” —Sue Grafton
15. “They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it.
For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.
Death cannot kill what never dies.” – William Penn
16. “Seeing death as the end of life
is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean.” – David Searls
17. “The only way to get over a death is by seeing it as a life completed, instead of a life interrupted.” ― Anonymous
18. “The death of a beloved is an amputation.”—C. S. Lewis
19. “The dead never truly die. They simply change form.” ― Suzy Kassem
20. “Death is tough for the people left behind on earth.” ― Prateeksha Malik
You might also like these rest in peace quotes to help you grieve.
Quotes about losing a loved one to reflect on how much we miss them
21. “I love you every day. And now I will miss you every day.” ― Mitch Albom (see these “I miss you” quotes)
22. “Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.”—Emily Dickinson
23. “Love is stronger than death even though it can’t stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can’t separate people from love. It can’t take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”—Anonymous
24. “We shall find peace. We shall hear angels, we shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds.” —Anyon Chekov
25. Come back. Even as a shadow, even as a dream.—Euripides
26. “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day.
Unseen, unheard, but always near; still loved, still missed and very dear.” – Anonymous
27. “Deep down inside we always seek for our departed loved ones” ― Munia Khan
28. “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief…and unspeakable love.”– Washington Irving
29. Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity. – Terri Guillemets
30. “There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.”– Dante
Don’t forget to also read these missing someone quotes to make your feelings known.
Quotes about losing a loved one to make us feel better
31. “For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.”—William Penn
32. “Death” is never an end, but a To Be Continued…” ― Renée Chae
33. “Your end, which is endless, is as a snowflake dissolving in the pure air.” ~Zen Teaching
34. “Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don’t remember me at all.”– Laura Ingles Wilder
35. “The tragedy of life is in what dies inside a man while he lives.”– Norman Cousins
36. “Because death is the only thing that could have ever kept him from you.” ― Ally Carter
37. “Though we are terrorized by death, it’s not different from birth, it just happens” ― Bangambiki Habyarimana
38. “All of us have parents. Generations pass. We are not unique. Now it is our family’s turn.” ― Ralph Webster
39. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.”– George S. Patton Jr.
40. “If you ever lose someone dear to you, never say the words they’re gone. They’ll come back.” ― Prince
Quotes about losing a loved one to lift your spirits
41. “The whole world can become the enemy when you lose what you love.”—Kristina McMorris
42. “Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something.” – Jackson Brown Jr.
43. “The mightiest power of death is not that it can make people die, but that it can make the people you left behind want to stop living.”― Fredrik Backman
44. “And yet I want to be human; I want to be thinking of him because then I feel he is alive somewhere, if only in my head.”― Sally Green
45. “Grief is in two parts. The first is loss. The second is the remaking of life.” – Anne Roiphe
46. “After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – Albus Dumbledore
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Dumbledore quotes on love, life, integrity and socks.
47. “The sun can break through the darkest cloud; love can brighten the gloomiest day.”— William Arthur Ward
48. “The very worst part of grief is that you can’t control it. The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes. And let it go when we can.”— Grey’s Anatomy
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Grey’s Anatomy quotes on happiness, success and empowerment.
49. “Everyone for whom I would have cried has already died.” ― Kathryn Orzech
50. “Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.” – Isaac Asimov
Quotes about losing a loved one to make you strong
51. “Death wasn’t a movie where the pretty star faded away with a touch of pale makeup and every hair in place.” ― Soheir Khashoggi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of makeup quotes about the power of looking good.
52. “And where does that minute go, that minute that separates life from death? I want those sixty seconds back.” ― Carmen Rodrigues
53. “His death brings new experience to my life – that of a wound that will not heal.” ― Ernst Jünger
54. “Time they said… Time will heal all wounds but they lied…” ― Tilicia Haridat
55. “Never take life for granted. Savor every sunrise, because no one is promised tomorrow…or even the rest of today.” ― Eleanor Brownn
56. “If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them.”—James O’Barr
57. “When people die,’ she said softly, ‘It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re ready to give them up.” ― C.A. Belmond
58. “Death had touched her, hurt her, and left her to deal with its disagreeable aftermath.” ― Zoe Forward
59. “It’s more like she left some of herself behind in the walls and the floors and the books, like there’s something she wants to tell me.” ― Marie Bostwick
60. “The Lord gives a good many things twice over, but he don’t give ye a mother but once.” ― Harriet Beecher Stowe
Quotes about losing a loved one to help you cope
61. “I don’t think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that remains.”- Anne Frank
62. “I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone-you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence.” – Alyson Noel
63. “When we lose someone we love we must learn not to live without them, but to live with the love they left behind.” – Anonymous
64. “To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.” — J.K. Rowling
65. “Never. We never lose our loved ones. They accompany us; they don’t disappear from our lives. We are merely in different rooms.” – Paulo Coelho
66. “Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.” – José N. Harris
67. “If I can see pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. If I can see joy in your eyes then share with me your smile.” – Santosh Kalwar
68. “Simply touching a difficult memory with some slight willingness to heal begins to soften the holding and tension around it.”― Stephen Levine
69. “The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief – But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love.” – Hilary Stanton Zunin
70. “When I saw your strand of hair I knew that grief is love turned into an eternal missing.”― Rosamund Lupton
Quotes about losing a loved one to lift your mood
71. “We need to grieve the ones we have loved and lost in this lifetime — not to sustain our connection to suffering, but to sustain our connection to love.” – J. W.
72. “You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly-that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp.” – Anne Lamott
73. “What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” – Helen Keller
74. “I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
75. “Loss is nothing else but change, and change is nature’s delight.” – Marcus Aurelius
76. “Loss can remind us that life itself is a gift.” – Louise Hay and David Kessler
77. “Grief is the price we pay for love.” – Queen Elizabeth II
78. “What they never tell you about grief is that missing someone is the simple part.”― Gail Caldwell
79. “The pain passes, but the beauty remains.” – Pierre Auguste Renoir
80. “Grief, no matter how you try to cater to its wail, has a way of fading away.”― V.C. Andrews
Sympathetic quotes about losing a loved one
81. “The Remembrance of the good done those we have loved is the only consolation when we have lost them.” – Demoustier
82. “What is lovely never dies, but passes into another loveliness, Star-dust or sea-foam, Flower or winged air.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
83. “And then I heard the angel say, ‘She’s with you every day.’” – Unknown
84. “Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
85. “Once upon a memory someone wiped away a tear, held me close and loved me, Thank you, dear.” – Unknown
86. “Perhaps they are not stars in the sky but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.” – Unknown
87. “As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us, as long as I can, I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us.” – Unknown
88. “Memories… let them fill your mind, warm your heart, and lead you through.” – Unknown
89. “Our joys will be greater, our love will be deeper, our life will be fuller because we shared your moment.” – Unknown
90. “The loss is unmeasurable but so is the love left behind.” – Unknown
Quotes about losing a loved one to help make you feel better
91. “You can’t truly heal from a loss until you allow yourself to really FEEL the loss.” – Mandy Hale
92. “Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts.” – Dorothy Ferguson
93. “The sun, the moon, the wind, the stars, will forever be around, reminding you of the love you shared, and the peace she’s finally found.” – Unknown
94. “He spoke well who said that graves are the footprints of angels.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
95. “Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was.” – Hebrew Proverb
96. “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.” – Maya Angelou
97. “Those we have held in our arms for a short while we hold in our hearts forever.” – Unknown
98. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
99. “Do not think of me as gone. I am with you still in each new dawn.” – Native American Poem
100. “When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know.” – Unknown
Quotes about losing a loved one to make you stronger
101. “If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.” – Emily Bronte
102. “Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.” – Dylan Thomas
103. “If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?” – Jodi Picoult
104. “You cannot stop the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can stop them nesting in your hair.” – Eva Ibbotson
105. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” – Rumi
106. “Loss is only temporary when you believe in God!” – Latoya Alston
107. “Everyone copes differently, some cry for the loss of a loved one others smile because they know they’ll see them again.” – Unknown
108. “There are memories that time does not erase… Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable.” – Cassandra Clare
109. “When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough.” – Maurice Maeterlinck
110. “The heaviness of loss in her heart hadn’t eased, but there was room there for humor, too.” – Nalo Hopkinson
Quotes about losing a loved one to inspire healing
111. “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.” – Unknown
112. “Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts.” – Charles Dickens
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of wise Charles Dickens quotes on self-worth, love, and more.
113. “In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing.” – Robert Ingersoll
114. “I know now that we never get over great losses; we absorb them, and they carve us into different, often kinder, creatures.” – Gail Caldwell
115. “You don’t know who is important to you until you actually lose them.” – Mahatma Gandhi
116. “Mostly it is loss which teaches us about the worth of things.” –
117. “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.” – John Taylor
118. “As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss.” –
119. “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” – Eskimo Proverb
120. “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.” –
Thoughtful quotes about losing a loved one
121. “As long as we live, they too will live, for they are now a part of us, as We remember them.” – Proverb
122. “You don’t know how easy death is. It’s like a door. A person simply walks through it, and she’s lost to you forever.” – Eloisa James
123. “All things grow with time, except grief.” —Jewish proverb
124. “The song has ended but the melody lingers on.” – Irving Berlin
125. “I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories.”—Leo Buscaglia
126. “Losing people you love affects you. It is buried inside of you and becomes this big, deep hole of ache. It doesn’t magically go away, even when you stop officially mourning.” – Carrie Jones
127. “Grief and love are conjoined, you don’t get one without the other.”—Jandy Nelson
128. “For some moments in life there are no words.” – David Seltzer
129. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”—A.A. Milne
130. “When you lose what you love remember to stay strong. Look out the window and remember life goes on.” – Drew Chadwick
Quotes about losing a loved one to help with grief
131. “The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same nor would you want to.” — Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
132. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.” — Winnie the Pooh
133. “In the garden of memory, in the palace of dreams…that is where you and I shall meet.” — Alice Through the Looking Glass
134. “There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even after they have gone the light remains.” — Unknown
135. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes part of us.” — Helen Keller
136. “Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time. It tell us to tell each other right now that we love each other.” — Leo Buscaglia
137. “An eternal memory…until we meet again: Those special memories will always bring a smile if only I could have you back for just a little while. Then we could sit and talk again just like we used to do, you always meant so very much and always will do too. The fact that you’re no longer here will always cause me pain, but you’re forever in my heart until we meet again.” — Unknown
138. “Life seems sometimes like nothing more than a series of losses, from beginning to end. That’s the given. How you respond to those losses, what you make of what’s left, that’s the part you have to make up as you go.” ― Katharine Weber
139. “Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted.” — Matthew 5:4
140. “Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Rumi quotes from the iconic poet.
Quotes about losing a loved one to encourage you
141. “For in grief nothing ‘stays put.’ One keeps on emerging from a phase, but it always recurs. Round and round. Everything repeats. Am I going in circles, or dare I hope I am on a spiral? But if a spiral, am I going up or down it? How often – will it be for always? – how often will the vast emptiness astonish me like a complete novelty and make me say, “I never realized my loss till this moment”? The same leg is cut off time after time.” — C.S. Lewis
142. “The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
143. “It’s so curious: one can resist tears and ‘behave’ very well in the hardest hours of grief. But then someone makes you a friendly sign behind a window, or one notices that a flower that was in bud only yesterday has suddenly blossomed, or a letter slips from a drawer… and everything collapses.” — Colette
144. “And when great souls die, after a period peace blooms, slowly and always irregularly. Spaces fill with a kind of soothing electric vibration.Our senses, restored, never to be the same, whisper to us.They existed. They existed.We can be. Be and be better. For they existed.” — Maya Angelou
145. “Give sorrow words. The grief that does not speak whispers the o’er-fraught heart and bids it break.” — Shakespeare
146. “Every love is carved from loss. Mine was. Yours is. Your great-great-great-grandchildren’s will be. But we learn to live in that love.” — Jonathan Safran Foer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of loving grandchildren quotes to spark joy.
147. “What do you say? There really are no words for that. There really aren’t. Somebody tries to say, ‘I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.’ People say that to me. There’s no language for it. Sorry doesn’t do it. I think you should just hug people and mop their floor or something.” — Toni Morrison
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of hug quotes for everyone who needs one.
148. “Grief is like the ocean, it comes in waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes is is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” – Vicki Harrison
149. “While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till it be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.” — Samuel Johnson
150. “In life, we loved you dearly, in death we love you still. In our hearts you hold a place, no one else will ever fill.” – Unknown
Quotes about losing a loved one to help you cope with grief
151. “When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”– Kahlil Gibran
152. “When someone is grieving, you don’t have to say anything. Just be present. Be nonjudgmental. Let them cry, scream, or sit in silence. You don’t have to fix them.” – Dana Arcuri
153. “Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Arthur Golden
154. “Someday you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
155. “I thought I could describe a state; make a map of sorrow. Sorrow, however, turns out to be not a state but a process.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
156. “Grief is the last act of love we can give to those we loved. Where there is deep grief, there was great love.” – Anonymous
157. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” – William Penn
158. “Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith…It is the price of love.” – Anonymous
159. “Without you in my arms, I feel an emptiness in my soul. I find myself searching the crowds for your face—I know it’s an impossibility, but I cannot help myself.” – Patrick Swayze
160. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.” – Sophocles
Comforting quotes about losing a loved one
161. “When one person is missing the whole world seems empty.” –
162. “Everything feels so surreal when you are gone. Oh, if only you knew the things I’d do just to be able to see you once more.” – Unknown
163. “We all have an old knot in the heart we wish to untie.” –
164. “Losing a loved one is painful, but losing someone like you is even worse, as you are the most loved of all. Should you return to our side, please stay longer this time, okay?” – Unknown
165. “It’s always hard to lose somebody. It leaves a hole in your heart that never grows back.” – Kevin Brooks
166. “How frighteningly few are the persons whose death would spoil our appetite and make the world seem empty.” — Eric Hoffer
167. “Tears are words the mouth can’t say nor can the heart bear.” –
168. “With deeper attachment, we usually have deeper grieving, and usually longer grieving.” — Ron Johnson
169. “Now something so sad has hold of us that the breath leaves and we can’t even cry.” – Charles Bukowski
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Charles Bukowski quotes to help you see life from a brand new perspective.
170. “You don’t go around grieving all the time, but the grief is still there and always will be.” — Nigella Lawson
Profound quotes about losing a loved one
171. “If you have ever lost a loved one, then you know exactly how it feels. And if you have not, then you cannot possibly imagine it.” – Lemony Snicket
172. “When you were gone, it felt as if we lost a part of our own body. It was as if you took us along with you, with all the pain of losing someone we never thought we’d lose.” – Unknown
173. “Life is full of grief, to exactly the degree we allow ourselves to love other people.” – Orson Scott Card
174. “Here is one of the worst things about having someone you love die: It happens again every single morning.” — Anna Quindlen
175. “Chase away sorrow by living.” – Melissa Marr
176. “If we try to avoid loss and grief, we will never truly love.” — Megan Devine
177. “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.” – Tupac Shakur
178. “There is nothing wrong with grief. It’s a natural extension of love. It’s a healthy and sane response to loss.” — Megan Devine
179. “The mourning process can feel like going through a carwash without a car.” – Jodi Livon
180. “Grief can be a burden, but also an anchor. You get used to the weight, how it holds you in place.” — Sarah Dessen
Quotes about losing a loved one to help with healing
181. “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.”—Richard Bach
182. “If it were possible to heal sorrow by weeping and to raise the dead with tears, gold were less prized than grief.”—Sophocles
183. “There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”—Chief Seattle
184. “Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals.”—Leo Tolstoy
185. “It is not length of life, but depth of life.”—Ralph Waldo Emerson
186. “Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.”—Rossiter W. Raymond
187. “Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow.”—Rita Schiano
188. “There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning.”—Thornton Wilder
189. “Truly, it is in the darkness that one finds the light, so when we are in sorrow, then this light is nearest of all to us.”—Meister Eckhart
190. “With sympathy, thinking of you at this sad time and sending love.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sad love quotes to help you deal with difficult emotions.
More quotes about losing a loved one
191. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
192. “He that lacks time to mourn, lacks time to mend.”—Sir Henry Taylor
193. “The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That’s the deal.”—C.S. Lewis
194. “Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up the o’er wrought heart and bids it break.”—William Shakespeare
195. “My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.”—Richard Adams
196. “Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.”—Kahlil Gibran
197. “There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief.”—Aeschylus
198. “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us everyday.” – Unknown
199. “Do not cry because they are past! Smile, because they once were!”—Ludwig Jacobowski
200. “Gone is the face we loved so dear. Silent is the voice we loved to hear. Too far away for sight or speech. But not too far for thought to reach.” – Unknown
Which are your favorite quotes about losing a loved one?
Losing a loved one is one of the most painful experiences. It is one of the worst things you’ll ever experience in your life. Knowing that your loved ones won’t be there to experience life with you is never easy.
Although the pain soon reduces with time, it never really goes away. It’s difficult, but with support and guidance, you can cope with the loss of a loved one. Hopefully, these quotes about losing a loved one have helped you with the grieving process.
Did you enjoy these sayings and quotes about losing a loved one? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
February 3, 2021 6:00 AM EST