For decades, Nike has gifted us with some of the most motivational sports commercials of all time.
We watch them and we feel something inside, and often it drives us to find our own success, whether it’s on the field, a court, a track or the course.
Are you in search of some epic motivation to help you just do it, too?
Allow these awesome Nike quotes to get you going today.
Nike is the world’s largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment.
Founded in 1964, the company has grown to become the most valuable brand among sports businesses, valued at $29.6 billion as of 2017.
Nike’s creative marketing efforts have ensured the brand continues to dominate in the athletic gear market.
Today, they’re a vast empire which incorporates various sports like tennis, baseball, soccer, cricket, and athletics.
They are a mega brand who represent the best athletes in the world.
Besides making us want to buy their gear, Nike ads are very inspirational.
For years, their commercials have focused on motivating consumers to use their Everyday Power to conquer challenges and overcome their fears.
In that respect, here are some inspirational Nike quotes from their ads and commercials that will encourage you to actively fight for your dreams regardless of circumstance.
Best Nike quotes from their ads and commercials
1. “Greatness is not born, it is made.”
2. “Yesterday you said tomorrow. JUST DO IT.”
3. “What you do is up to you. Just do it.”
4. “Don’t believe you have to be like anybody to be somebody.”
5. “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.”
6. “If you have only one hand, don’t just watch football. Play it. At the highest level.”
7. “All you have to do is pick up your feet.”
8. “Run the day. Don’t let it run you.”
9. “Be legendary.”
10. “Take the high road and go higher.”
You might also like these uplifting cheer quotes that will make your day better.
Nike quotes that will inspire you to fight for your dreams
11. “If people say your dreams are crazy, if they laugh at what you think you can do, good. Stay that way. Because what the non-believers fail to understand is that calling a dream crazy is not an insult. It’s a compliment.”
12. “When your time comes and a thousand different voices are trying to tell you that you’re not ready for it, listen instead to that lone voice of dissent. The one that says you’re ready, you’re prepared, it’s all up to you now.”
13. “If you’re born a refugee, don’t let it stop you from playing soccer for the national team at age sixteen.”
14. “It is not the biggest stadium in the world, not the biggest players either. But the pursuit of greatness is kind of big enough.”
15. “With each step comes the decision to take another. You’re on your way now. But this is not the time to dwell on how far you’ve come.”
16. “Do not ask if your dreams are crazy. Ask if they’re crazy enough.”
17. “And when you make that choice. When you decide to turn your back on what’s comfortable, safe, and what someone called common sense, that’s your day one. From there it only gets tougher. So just make sure this is something you want. Because the easy way will always be there ready to wash you away.”
18. “Is greatness worth fighting for? What do you think?”
19. “Remember what we’re fighting for and never forget that momentum is a cool mistress. She can turn out of time with the smallest mistake. She is ever searching for the weak place of your armor, that one thing you forgot to prepare for.”
20. “Some people are told they were born with greatness. Some people tell themselves.”
Nike quotes to spark motivation
21. “If they talk about the greatest team in the history of a sport, ensure it’s your team.”
22. “You’re in a fight with an opponent you can’t see but you can feel among your heels. Feel them breathing down your neck. You know what that is? That’s you. Your fears, your doubts, and insecurities all lined up like a firing squad ready to shoot you out of the sky. But don’t lose heart. While they’re not easily defeated, they’re far from invincible.”
23. “It’s only crazy until you do it.”
24. “6 A.M. and your hand can’t make it to the alarm before the voices in your head start telling you that it’s too early, too dark, and too cold to get out of bed. Aching muscles lie still in rebellion pretending not to hear your brain commanding them to move. A legion of voices are shadowing their unanimous permission for you to hit the snooze button and go back to dreamland. But you didn’t ask for their permission. The voice you’ve chosen to listen to is one of defiance. A voice that says there’s a reason you set that alarm in the first place. So sit up, put your feet on the floor and don’t look back because we’ve got work to do.”
25. “Greatness needs a lot of things but it doesn’t need an audience.”
26. “For what is each day but a series of conflicts between the right way and the easy way. Ten thousand streams fan out like a river delta before you, each one promising the path of least resistance. Thing is, you’re headed upstream.”
27. “Your opponents are stronger than you. Drown out the voice of uncertainty with the sound of your own heartbeat, burn away your self-doubt with the fire that’s beneath you.”
28. “As long as the devil is hiding the details, the question remains: is that all you got?”
29. “You’re a lion in a field of lions. All hunting the same elusive prey with a desperation that says victory is the only thing that can keep you alive.”
30. “Sometimes greatness is something you plan. But most of the time it’s just something you try.”
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out our collection of inspirational sports quotes about working towards your full potential.
Nike quotes to inspire you to be the best you can be
31. “Don’t try to be the fastest runner in your school or the fastest in the world. Be the fastest ever.”
32. “If you’re a girl from Compton, don’t just become a tennis player. Become the greatest athlete ever.”
33. “Somehow we’ve come to believe that greatness is reserved for a chosen few, for the superstars. The truth is, greatness is for all of us.”
34. “Don’t picture yourself wearing O.B. J’s jersey, picture O.B. J wearing yours.”
35. “Greatness is a scary thing until it isn’t.”
36. “Don’t settle for homecoming queen or line back. Do both.”
37. “You don’t need an official code, an official net, or official uniforms to be officially great.”
38. “Don’t become the best basketball player in the world. Be bigger than basketball.”
39. “Greatness is not in one special place. And it is not in one special person. Greatness is wherever somebody is trying to find it.”
40. “If greatness doesn’t come knocking at your door, maybe you should go knock on its door.”
Nike quotes to inspire greatness
41. “If we think greatness is supposed to look a certain way, act a certain way, and play in a certain way, we certainly need to rethink some things.”
42. “Lose 120 pounds and become an iron man… after beating a brain tumor.”
43. “If you try to tell the guy with a sword that he’s not great because he’s not famous, be my guest.”
44. “Sometimes greatness is about overcoming insurmountable adversity. Sometimes it’s just fun.”
45. “It is easy to think greatness is only something you see on T.V. unless of course greatness is watching T.V.”
46. “This is not about lowering expectations. It’s about raising them for every one of us.”
47. “Take charge. Write your own story.”
48. “I’m not a woman that’s an athlete. I’m an athlete.”
49. “Ambitious goals make for outstanding achievements.”
50. “Nothing is over until you stop trying.”
Nike quotes to elevate your perspective
51. “Start unknown. Finish unforgettable.”
52. “Believe that voice that says you can run a little faster, and you can throw a little harder. That for you, the laws of physic are only merely a suggestion.”
53. “Test your faith daily.”
54. “Just do it! Well, later!”
55. “You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow. You choose.”
56. “The only one who can tell you “You can’t” is you. And you don’t have to listen.”
57. “Greatness is earned, never awarded.”
58. “The only time you must not fail is the last time you try.”
59. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you. Make it burn.”
60. “It’s alright to be Goliath, but always act like David.”
Nike quotes to elevate your mind
61. “Willpower knows no obstacles. Find your greatness.”
62. “Strike fear or get struck.”
63. “Don’t run away from challenges. Run over them.”
64. “I may be over the top on this, but I just don’t want to like my competitors. I want my people to believe that whenever he and our other competitors succeed, we will be less able to do all the things we want to do.”
65. “Set goals. Exercise. Love yourself. Focus on fitness. Rest and relax. Eat right. Smile. Portray positive. Enjoy life. Care for others. Tell yourself you can do this.”
66. “The trouble in America is not that we are making too many mistakes, but that we are making too few.”
67. “Success isn’t given, it is earned. On the track, on the field, in the gym. With blood, sweat, and the occasional tear.”
68. “Remember, this is the grind. A battle royale between you and your mind, your body and the devil on your shoulders telling you that this is just a game. This just a waste of time.”
69. “You don’t get it by staring, you don’t get it by wishing, you don’t get it by drooling, you don’t get it by hoping, you don’t get it easy. You get it by getting off your ass and working for it.”
70. “Just do it. Then do it again.”
Other inspirational Nike quotes
71. “Luck is the last time wish of those who want to believe that winning can happen by accident. Sweat, on the other hand, is for those who know it’s a choice. So decide now. Because destiny waits for no man.”
72. “Write the future.”
73. “If no one thinks you can then you have to.”
74. “The harder you push, the more you are pulled.”
75. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary.”
76. “Quit making excuses, putting it off, complaining about it, dreaming about it, whining about it, crying about it, believing you can’t, worrying if you can, waiting until you are older, skinnier, richer, braver, or all around better. Suck it up, hold on tight, say a prayer, make a plan & JUST DO IT.”
77. “You’re only one workout away from a good mood.”
78. “It’s not where you place, it’s how hard you worked to get there.”
79. “Someone who is busier than you is running right now.”
80. “Taking it easy won’t take you anywhere.”
Also read these inspirational soccer quotes from world cup players.
81. “Nike was the essence of sports, transcendence through sports.” – Naomi Klein
82. “There is always an underlying spirit of invention at Nike – we love to create something that has never before existed. And not just new for the sake of new – it has to be better.” – Mark Parker
Nike quotes when you need a confidence boost
83. “There is an immutable conflict at work in life and in business, a constant battle between peace and chaos. Neither can be mastered, but both can be influenced. How you go about that is the key to success.” – Phil Knight, Former Nike Co-founder and Chairman
84. “The trouble in America is not that we are making too many mistakes, but that we are making too few.” – Phil Knight, Former Nike Co-founder and Chairman
85. “Just do it even if you suck at it.”
86. “Leave nothing.”
87. “Fear less. Do more. Get outside and get after it.”
88. “Play with heart.”
89. “I run like a girl. Keep up.”
90. “Running never takes more than it gives back. Believe in the run.”
91. “My feet hurt. From kicking so much ass.”
92. “There are clubs you can’t belong to, neighborhoods you can’t live in, schools you can’t get into, but the roads are always open.”
Motivational Nike Quotes to Drive You Forward
93. “My better is better than your better.”
94. “Training is the opposite of hoping.”
95. “My agility denies your agility.”
96. “Failure’s not an option. It’s a step.”
97. “Rewrite history. Redefine the position.”
98. “Greatness is not some rare DNA strand. It is not some precious thing. Greatness is no more unique to us than breathing. We are all capable of it. All of us.”
99. “I believe in redefining my impossible.”
100. “Make yourself unstoppable.”
101. “Earned. Not given.”
102. “If we face our fears, it means we are pointed in the right direction. Even if that direction is upside down.”
Nike Quotes To Help You Surge
103. “Nike has always been a business about excellence and achievement.” ― Andrew Young
104. “NIKE is focused on elevating and accelerating innovation in our products, services and our digital ecosystem. This requires progressive and agile technology solutions that keep pace with our growth, which is what Juniper’s solutions offer.” ― Anthony Watson
105. “Where I’m from, life’s a gamble, grab the dice/’Fore I leave, pray to God, then I grab my Nikes.” ― Fashawn
106. “Good ideas are like Nike sports shoes. They may facilitate success for an athlete who possesses them, but on their own they are nothing but an overpriced pair of sneakers. Sports shoes don’t win races. Athletes do.” ― Felix Dennis
107. “Get burnt like a candle, very hard to handle, Do miracles in Nikes like Jesus did in sandals.” ― MF Grimm
108. “When Nike says, just do it, that’s a message of empowerment. Why aren’t the rest of us speaking to young people in a voice of inspiration?” ― Naomi Klein
109. “Beyonce was just always full-out. She’s like a beast. So you learn that no matter how you feel, just do it. Just like Nike: ‘Just Do It.’” ― Heather Morris
110. “In the ‘Nike Economy,’ there are no standards, no borders and no rules. Clearly, the global economy isn’t working for workers in China and Indonesia and Burma any more than it is for workers here in the United States.” ― John J. Sweeney
111. “Nike believes in a world where everyone celebrates the power of diversity.” ― Mark Parker
112. “From Nike, we buy victory. From Under Armour, we buy protection. From Lululemon, we buy zen. From Patagonia, we buy conservation. From BMW, we buy performance.” ― Andy Dunn
Which of these Nike quotes was your favorite?
Nike is one of the most profitable and recognizable companies in the world.
The brand sponsors several football, tennis and basketball players, and they also have a special line of shoes for athletes.
Constant innovation and timely investments have made Nike the success story it is today.
Hopefully, these quotes have given you the motivation to fight for your dreams and become the greatest in whatever you’re pursuing.
Did you enjoy these Nike quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
September 24, 2022 5:00 AM EST