Science Fiction fans will love these Dune Spice quotes from the classic novel Dune!
Dune is a science fiction novel by Frank Herbert.
The book was published in 1965.
Dune has won multiple awards, such as the Nebula Award for Best Novel, and in 2003 the book was called the best-selling science fiction novel of all time.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
The popularity of the book led Herbert to write five sequels.
Since his death in 1986, his son Brian Herbert and author Kevin J. Anderson have written over a dozen additional novels in the series.
The plot of Dune is set far into the future and in a feudal interstellar society where noble families control planets.
The story follows Paul Atreides, who is part of the noble family charged with the stewardship of the planet Arrakis.
Arrakis is uninhabitable, but it is very valuable as it is the only place to harvest the drug called “spice.”
Take a look at these Dune Spice quotes to learn more about the famous book.
Dune Spice Quotes About the Desire For Spice
Check out these quotes showing how desirable the drug “spice” is.
1. “He who controls the spice controls the universe.” — Frank Herbert
2. “The spice must flow.” — Frank Herbert
3. “In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is the spice melange.” — Frank Herbert
4. “Arrakis could be an Eden if its rulers would look up from grubbing for spice.” — Frank Herbert
5. “Restore spice production, or you will live out your life in a pain amplifier.” — Frank Herbert
6. “Damn the spice! Get out of there!” — Frank Herbert
7. “The worm is the spice! The spice is the worm!” — Frank Herbert
8. “Where there is spice and spice mining, there are always worms.” — Frank Herbert
9. “He cares more about his men than the spice. I have to admit, against my better judgment, I like this Duke.” — Frank Herbert
10. “The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.” — Frank Herbert
More Dune Spice Quotes from the Book
Enjoy some more Dune Spice quotes!
11. “The spice! It’s in everything here!” — Frank Herbert
12. “I want you to squeeze and squeeze and squeeze! Give me spice!” — Frank Herbert
13. “He who controls the spice controls the universe, and what Piter did not tell you is we have control of someone who is very close, very close, to Duke Leto.” — Frank Herbert
14. “We must totally destroy all spice production on Arrakis. The Guild and the entire Universe depend on spice. He who can destroy a thing controls a thing.” — Frank Herbert
15. “Four Planets have come to our attention regarding a plot which could jeopardize the Spice production.” — Frank Herbert
Additional Dune Quotes
While there are plenty of Dune Spice quotes, here are other popular quotes from the book.
16. “Fear is the mind-killer.” — Frank Herbert
17. “There is no way to escape. We pay for the violence of our ancestors.” — Frank Herbert
18. “The mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.” — Frank Herbert
19. “The way the mind will lean under stress is strongly influenced by training.” — Frank Herbert
20. “But it’s well known that repression makes a religion flourish.” — Frank Herbert
21. “The mind commands the body, and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.” — Frank Herbert
22. “Without change, something sleeps inside us and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.” — Frank Herbert
23. “It’s impossible to live in the past, difficult to live in the present, and a waste to live in the future.” — Frank Herbert
24. “Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” — Frank Herbert
25. “It is shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.” — Frank Herbert
Why is Spice So Desired?
In the novel Dune, “Spice” is a drug that extends life and increases people’s mental abilities.
Additionally, spice is required for space travel as space travel requires a multidimensional awareness and foresight that the drug can only provide.
Please share these Dune Spice quotes with your family and friends and share your favorite quotes from the book in the comment section below.